Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Iran Nuclear Program

    Share
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2967
    Points : 2998
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Iran Nuclear Program

    Post  max steel on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:32 am

    Qatar is 2nd largest producer of NG not Iran.

    par far

    Posts : 1459
    Points : 1618
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Iran Nuclear Program

    Post  par far on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:57 pm

    There will be deals between Russia and Iran but I think the best deals will likely go to the west because Iran wants to get into new oil markets. Russia will get most of the military deals, deals to to search for oil and gas, deals to build offshore oil rigs, food/fruits, tourists and other deals like that. It would be a added bonus if Russia could get access to the Persian Gulf through Iran, that would give access to Indian Ocean and other juicy things.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16536
    Points : 17144
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Iran Nuclear Program

    Post  GarryB on Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:59 am

    I suspect Iran will want to boost the performance of its ground forces by buying T-90s in late model designs... perhaps even locally produce the vehicle in case ISIS decides to turn to their neck of the woods.

    I would also suspect Iran will be interested in Russian aircraft and SAMs and likely Kalibr anti ship weapons too... I would suspect most of which they will likely want to pay a little more and produce locally.

    I also suspect if they want to grow economically they will look at more nuclear power stations and I suspect they wont be looking to the US...

    There is plenty of scope for Russian Iranian cooperation and I think both countries will benefit greatly... they might even be interested in an export model of Ratnik... Smile


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2967
    Points : 2998
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Iran Nuclear Program

    Post  max steel on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:28 am

    GarryB wrote:I suspect Iran will want to boost the performance of its ground forces by buying T-90s in late model designs... perhaps even locally produce the vehicle in case ISIS decides to turn to their neck of the woods.

    I would also suspect Iran will be interested in Russian aircraft and SAMs and likely Kalibr anti ship weapons too... I would suspect most of which they will likely want to pay a little more and produce locally.

    I also suspect if they want to grow economically they will look at more nuclear power stations and I suspect they wont be looking to the US...

    There is plenty of scope for Russian Iranian cooperation and I think both countries will benefit greatly... they might even be interested in an export model of Ratnik... Smile

    Yes but Russia not getting any civilian contracts only military or national security like Nuclear Plants. They already have one where US and Israel tried stuxnet virus.
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5588
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Iran Nuclear Program

    Post  Werewolf on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:43 pm

    max steel wrote:
    GarryB wrote:I suspect Iran will want to boost the performance of its ground forces by buying T-90s in late model designs... perhaps even locally produce the vehicle in case ISIS decides to turn to their neck of the woods.

    I would also suspect Iran will be interested in Russian aircraft and SAMs and likely Kalibr anti ship weapons too... I would suspect most of which they will likely want to pay a little more and produce locally.

    I also suspect if they want to grow economically they will look at more nuclear power stations and I suspect they wont be looking to the US...

    There is plenty of scope for Russian Iranian cooperation and I think both countries will benefit greatly... they might even be interested in an export model of Ratnik... Smile

    Yes but Russia not getting any civilian contracts only military or national security like Nuclear Plants. They already have one where US and Israel tried stuxnet virus.

    Count germany in since Siemens and BND were founders of the Stuxnet virus.
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Iran Nuclear Program

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:08 pm

    Well, it sounds like EU will follow US and place other sanctions on Iran.  Not decided yet though.  So Russian industries still have a chance.
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2967
    Points : 2998
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Iran Nuclear Program

    Post  max steel on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:36 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Well, it sounds like EU will follow US and place other sanctions on Iran.  Not decided yet though.  So Russian industries still have a chance.

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t4314p15-iran-s-strategic-missile-program#145055
    avatar
    crod

    Posts : 127
    Points : 152
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    Trump and Iran

    Post  crod on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:59 am

    Thoughts on Trump's U.N. speech re Iran nuke deal being the most embarrassing deal the U.S. has ever signed...coupled with mad dog israel's ratcheting up of rhetoric? Isis (or some other half cocked excuse) to reappear in Iran and thus it all begins again?

    JohninMK

    Posts : 5069
    Points : 5132
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Iran Nuclear Program

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:13 pm

    Not really Trump and Iran, more the US and Iran.

    Just something that Trump might bear in mind if he is tempted to attack Iran, or NK, or ant non NATO come to that. They fight by different rules. Worth a read.

    In 2002, the U.S. military tapped Lt. Gen. Paul Van Riper to lead the red opposing forces of the most expensive, expansive military exercise in history. He was put in command of an inferior Middle Eastern-inspired military force. His mission was to go against the full might of the American armed forces. In the first two days, he sank an entire carrier battle group.


    http://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/that-time-a-marine-general-led-a-fictional-iran-against-the-us-military-and-won?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Evergreen&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=general-led-fictional-Iran

    Sponsored content

    Re: Iran Nuclear Program

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:26 am