Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Iran Nuclear Program

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Iran Nuclear Program

Post  max steel on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:32 am

Qatar is 2nd largest producer of NG not Iran.

par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  par far on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:57 pm

There will be deals between Russia and Iran but I think the best deals will likely go to the west because Iran wants to get into new oil markets. Russia will get most of the military deals, deals to to search for oil and gas, deals to build offshore oil rigs, food/fruits, tourists and other deals like that. It would be a added bonus if Russia could get access to the Persian Gulf through Iran, that would give access to Indian Ocean and other juicy things.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:59 am

I suspect Iran will want to boost the performance of its ground forces by buying T-90s in late model designs... perhaps even locally produce the vehicle in case ISIS decides to turn to their neck of the woods.

I would also suspect Iran will be interested in Russian aircraft and SAMs and likely Kalibr anti ship weapons too... I would suspect most of which they will likely want to pay a little more and produce locally.

I also suspect if they want to grow economically they will look at more nuclear power stations and I suspect they wont be looking to the US...

There is plenty of scope for Russian Iranian cooperation and I think both countries will benefit greatly... they might even be interested in an export model of Ratnik... Smile

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:28 am

GarryB wrote:I suspect Iran will want to boost the performance of its ground forces by buying T-90s in late model designs... perhaps even locally produce the vehicle in case ISIS decides to turn to their neck of the woods.

I would also suspect Iran will be interested in Russian aircraft and SAMs and likely Kalibr anti ship weapons too... I would suspect most of which they will likely want to pay a little more and produce locally.

I also suspect if they want to grow economically they will look at more nuclear power stations and I suspect they wont be looking to the US...

There is plenty of scope for Russian Iranian cooperation and I think both countries will benefit greatly... they might even be interested in an export model of Ratnik... Smile

Yes but Russia not getting any civilian contracts only military or national security like Nuclear Plants. They already have one where US and Israel tried stuxnet virus.

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:43 pm

max steel wrote:
    GarryB wrote:I suspect Iran will want to boost the performance of its ground forces by buying T-90s in late model designs... perhaps even locally produce the vehicle in case ISIS decides to turn to their neck of the woods.

Yes but Russia not getting any civilian contracts only military or national security like Nuclear Plants. They already have one where US and Israel tried stuxnet virus.

Count germany in since Siemens and BND were founders of the Stuxnet virus.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Well, it sounds like EU will follow US and place other sanctions on Iran.  Not decided yet though.  So Russian industries still have a chance.

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:36 pm

sepheronx wrote:Well, it sounds like EU will follow US and place other sanctions on Iran.  Not decided yet though.  So Russian industries still have a chance.

http://www.russiadefence.net/t4314p15-iran-s-strategic-missile-program#145055

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:22 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:22 pm