Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Share

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov ends Mediterranean mission, leaves for Atlantic Ocean

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:34 pm

    Russia's heavy aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov has accomplished its mission within the Russian naval force in the Mediterranean and has headed for northeastern areas of the Atlantic Ocean, North Fleet spokesman Capt. 1st Rank Vadim Serga said.

    "The cruiser has accomplished its mission within the Navy task force in the Mediterranean and headed for Severomorsk. The aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov is expected to return to base by late May," Serga said, Interfax reports.
    He said that the cruiser entered the Mediterranean Sea on January 15.
    During its stay in the Mediterranean, pilots of the aircraft deployed aboard the carrier mastered their skills in regular flights of ship-based planes and helicopters.
    In all, over 350 flights were performed from the carrier's deck with the total duration exceeding 280 hours, Serga said.
    The Admiral Kuznetsov crew also had joint exercises with other ships of the Russian naval force, among them missile and artillery shooting from the Kinzhal air defense missile system and the AK-630 artillery system jointly with the North Fleet destroyer Admiral Levchenko.
    In the course of its long-distance voyage the aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov twice visited the port of Limassol in the Republic of Cyprus.
    The Admiral Kuznetsov departed on the long-distance voyage from the North Fleet main base, Severomorsk, on December 17, 2013.


    http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_04_18/Aircraft-carrier-Admiral-Kuznetsov-ends-Mediterranean-mission-leaves-for-Atlantic-Ocean-1255/

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15458
    Points : 16165
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  GarryB on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:44 am

    Nice thread Flying Dutchman... my vote on that second post with the vids... good work bringing these to our attention.

    I am looking forward to a time when K can have a proper upgrade and sail with a complete air wing of MiGs.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    RUSSIAN AIRCRAFT CARRIER STILL IN THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA. NATO PLANES WATCH CLOSELY

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:47 am

    Even if it has reportedly ended its mission and headed for Severomorsk, Russia’s aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov is still sailing in the Mediterranean Sea.

    Its position can be determined based on the NOTAMs (Notice To Airmen) issued for the Algiers FIR (Flight Information Region).

    Two of them provide details about the area of operation of the aircraft operating from the carrier:

    A0962/14 – AIRSPACE RESERVATION FOR RUSSIAN NAVY WILL TAKE PLACE PLAN FLTS FM ACFT CARRIER AVIATION WI AREA BRAVO (B): 3900N 00500E 3900N 00700E 3740N 00700E 3720N 00500E 3900N 00500E. SFC – FL180, APR 23 24 25 AND 26 HR:0800-1700, 23 APR 08:00 2014 UNTIL 26 APR 17:00 2014. CREATED: 21 APR 09:54 2014

    A0961/14 – AIRSPACE RESERVATION FOR RUSSIAN NAVY WILL TAKE PLACE PLAN FLTS FM ACFT CARRIER AVIATION WI AREA ALPHA (A): 3745N 00220E 3825N 00400E 3720N 00400E 3700N 00210E 3745N 00220E. SFC – FL160, APR 24 25 AND 26 HR:0800-1700, 24 APR 08:00 2014 UNTIL 26 APR 17:00 2014. CREATED: 21 APR 09:47 2014

    (image)

    Image above shows the waypoints of Area B put on a map using Skyvector.

    While such warnings are often issued for (U.S.) aircraft carriers hence they are not really special, what is worth noticing is that the flying activity of the Russians in the Mediterranean Sea is watched closely by NATO E-3 planes.

    Indeed, it seems that NATO AEW (Airborne Early Warning) planes have frequently operated in the Southeastern Mediterranean in the last few days, while Admiral Kuznetsov transited south of Malta towards the waters off Algeria, between Sardinia and the Balearic islands.

    Most probably, the E-3s are not only observing the Sukhoi Su-33 Flanker-D all-weather carrier-based air defence fighters but also performing routine electronic surveillance by means of onboard electronic support measures (ESM).

    H/T Roberto Petagna for sending us the relevant NOTAMs

    Image credit: Russian Navy


    http://theaviationist.com/2014/04/24/kuznetsov-nato-monitor/

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15458
    Points : 16165
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  GarryB on Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:24 pm

    Nice...

    they will also likely be trying to collect ESM data from all the sensors and equipment on the K and her support vessels. Likely also any Ka-31 AEW aircraft that might be present...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:08 pm

    About the K refit: will they upgrade the inside? Like the bridge and the command center cause it looks pretty old!

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  TR1 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:44 pm

    Flyingdutchman wrote:About the K refit: will they upgrade the inside? Like the bridge and the command center cause it looks pretty old!

    Of course.
    The information display systems would be totally gutted.

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:51 pm

    TR1 wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:About the K refit: will they upgrade the inside? Like the bridge and the command center cause it looks pretty old!

    Of course.
    The information display systems would be totally gutted.

    Awesome! Do you have a picture of a modern russian navy information display system?

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  TR1 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:55 pm

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:About the K refit: will they upgrade the inside? Like the bridge and the command center cause it looks pretty old!

    Of course.
    The information display systems would be totally gutted.

    Awesome! Do you have a picture of a modern russian navy information display system?

    Uh best ones right now would be the 20380 videos....the larger ships have not been filmed yet inside (22350) and a carrier would obviously have much larger facilities compared to the smaller guys.

    But you can get a vague idea:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVgMgUk2V70

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:02 pm

    TR1 wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:About the K refit: will they upgrade the inside? Like the bridge and the command center cause it looks pretty old!

    Of course.
    The information display systems would be totally gutted.

    Awesome! Do you have a picture of a modern russian navy information display system?

    Uh best ones right now would be the 20380 videos....the larger ships have not been filmed yet inside (22350) and a carrier would obviously have much larger facilities compared to the smaller guys.

    But you can get a vague idea:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVgMgUk2V70

    Wow very modern!! Awesome if the K gets displays like this!!

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:06 pm

    Some other vids i found:

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_hMnClVfs


    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jYdmk20cAlY


    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jYdmk20cAlY


    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    UK deploys a destroyer to track Russian aircraft carrier

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Thu May 08, 2014 3:20 pm



    Share

    Facebook
    Twitter
    G+
    Pinterest
    Mail
    UK-BRITAIN-RUSSIA-CARRIER:UK deploys a destroyer to track Russian aircraft carrier Reuters The Russian Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov underway in the Mediterranean Sea in this U.S. Navy handout photo dated January 7, 1996 file phto. REUTERS/U.S. Navy/Handout
    LONDON (Reuters) - Britain said on Thursday it had deployed a destroyer to track a Russian aircraft carrier sailing close to its coastal waters, the latest in a series of such incidents and a reminder of underlying tensions between London and Moscow.

    A spokesman from Britain's Ministry of Defence said HMS Dragon had been "activated" on Wednesday in response to the approach of a Russian task force including the Admiral Kuznetsov, Russia's only aircraft carrier.

    "It was activated yesterday to meet the Admiral Kuznetsov task force," the spokesman told Reuters.

    The Admiral Kuznetsov is capable of carrying up to 26 fixed-wing fighters and 24 helicopters. A Russian naval spokesman said last month the vessel had completed a deployment as part of Moscow's naval force in the Mediterranean and was on its way back to its base of Severomorsk in north-west Russia.

    HMS Dragon, a modern air-defence destroyer, was deployed in similar circumstances just last month to shadow another Russian warship, the Vice-Admiral Kulakov, as it sailed past Britain.

    Britain last month also scrambled Typhoon fighter jets to see off Russian military planes flying close to its airspace off the coast of Scotland.

    Defence Secretary Philip Hammond has said that recent events in Ukraine have increased awareness of Russian military activity, but that Britain's military has long routinely intercepted, identified and escorted Russian planes and warships travelling through "areas of interest".

    https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/23341745/uk-says-deploys-a-destroyer-to-track-russian-aircraft-carrier/

    Stealthflanker
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 808
    Points : 894
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 28
    Location : Indonesia

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Stealthflanker on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:04 am

    How's the Kuznetsov's Granit i wonder ? Did those missiles got removed ?

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15458
    Points : 16165
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  GarryB on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:02 am

    They will likely remove them during their major overhaul if they haven't removed them already.

    AFAIK Granit is no longer in production, but they should have plenty of war stocks.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:51 pm

    It is a game/simulation but you can see the Kuznetsov's defences doing their work it seems, very effective too me!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPfgEErGrtw

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:17 pm

    Russia's ITAR-TASS news agency reported the "Admiral Kuznetsov" will undergo repair and modernization during the next three to four years.


    I readed this in the following link:

    http://www.rferl.mobi/a/25471942.html

    Hachimoto
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 153
    Points : 167
    Join date : 2013-02-08
    Age : 31

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Hachimoto on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:32 pm


    MotherlandCalls
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 8
    Points : 8
    Join date : 2014-08-03

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  MotherlandCalls on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:19 pm

    Flyingdutchman wrote:Russia's ITAR-TASS news agency reported the "Admiral Kuznetsov" will undergo repair and modernization during the next three to four years.


    I readed this in the following link:


    Excellent news! Good to finally see an update on this situation but I will not hold my breath, seeing as Admiral Kuznetsov was scheduled for this sort of modernization all the way back in 2010. russia

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:31 pm

    MotherlandCalls wrote:
    Flyingdutchman wrote:Russia's ITAR-TASS news agency reported the "Admiral Kuznetsov" will undergo repair and modernization during the next three to four years.


    I readed this in the following link:


    Excellent news! Good to finally see an update on this situation but I will not hold my breath, seeing as Admiral Kuznetsov was scheduled for this sort of modernization all the way back in 2010. russia

    Yes, but i expect the modernization to begin soon, and as you said it has been delayed alot.  Neutral 

    @hachimoto all photos are welcome Very Happy

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15458
    Points : 16165
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  GarryB on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:36 am

    Last mention I read about was for it to be upgraded from 2014 to 2018 or so... what I want to read about is that it has gone into a dry dock to start upgrade and overhaul... rather than "it will..."


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:20 am

    GarryB wrote:Last mention I read about was for it to be upgraded from 2014 to 2018 or so... what I want to read about is that it has gone into a dry dock to start upgrade and overhaul... rather than "it will..."

    Me too, i think it will be an experiment for the next carrier, install some cats, create an awacs airplane, actually exactly what we discussed before but NOT nuclear powered ( alot of things can go wrong ).

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:22 pm

    Is the K fitted with a bow sonar?

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15458
    Points : 16165
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  GarryB on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:33 pm

    I have read that the propulsion of the Kuznetsov is unreliable... they were developing new compact nuclear power plants for new generation large Russian ships... this would be an excellent opportunity to test them.

    It would also be a good way to ensure there was plenty of electricity always available to operate EM cats.

    It would make no sense at all to try to develop Steam Cats from scratch and so developing EM cats makes rather more sense...

    i would suspect the Kuznetsov probably does not have a bow sonar, but it will likely operate with several ships and subs that do have sonar and would pass any data on to the K using Sigma so that should not be an issue.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:51 pm

    GarryB wrote:I have read that the propulsion of the Kuznetsov is unreliable... they were developing new compact nuclear power plants for new generation large Russian ships... this would be an excellent opportunity to test them.

    It would also be a good way to ensure there was plenty of electricity always available to operate EM cats.

    It would make no sense at all to try to develop Steam Cats from scratch and so developing EM cats makes rather more sense...

    i would suspect the Kuznetsov probably does not have a bow sonar, but it will likely operate with several ships and subs that do have sonar and would pass any data on to the K using Sigma so that should not be an issue.

    But don't they need to cut the K open to be able to place Nuclear powerplants?

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:24 pm

    Russia's only aircraft carrier, the Soviet-era flagship Admiral Kuznetsov, has returned to sea after going into port for maintenance at the Sevmash Shipyards near Arkhangelsk, Interfax reported Monday.
    The vessel, Russia's largest, is now heading out into the Barents Sea for post-repair sea trials, ensuring that the ship is in working order before resuming normal combat duties, Western Military District spokesperson Vadim Serga was quoted by Interfax as saying.
    In Russian naval parlance, the Kuznetsov is not a proper aircraft carrier but rather a heavy aircraft-carrying cruiser, about half the size of a modern U.S. Nimitz-class aircraft carrier. But the Kuznetsov's cruiser capabilities mean that in addition to launching fighter planes, the warship can pummel enemy surface vessels with anti-ship guided missiles.
    A U.S. Nimitz-class super-carrier displaces more than 100,000 tons — the standard of measurement for ship sizes. The Kuznetsov, by comparison, displaces a mere 55,000 tons with a full load.
    In July, state news agency TASS reported that the Kuznetsov would undergo a massive retrofit at the Sevmash Shipyards in the next three to four years. The vessel has not been extensively serviced since it was launched in 1985, despite having been plagued with a slew of serious problems during the course of its lifetime.
    While on deployment in the Mediterranean in 2009, a short circuit aboard the vessel caused a fire that killed one crew member. A month after the incident, an attempt to refuel the vessel at sea caused a large oil spill off the coast of Ireland.
    Last year The Daily Beast reported that the U.S. Mediterranean Fleet trailed the Kuznetsov into the Mediterranean to lend a hand in case of an emergency, according to an unidentified U.S. Navy source. "The Kuznetsov might sink," the source said.
    The Kuznetsov is Russia's only aircraft carrier of its type to enter service. Its sister ship, the Varyag, was not completed before the collapse of the Soviet Union and was later sold to China for completion after rusting in a Ukrainian shipyard for nearly a decade. The Varyag entered service in the Chinese navy as "the Liaoning" in 2012, making it China's first aircraft carrier.
    An older Soviet-era Kiev-class aircraft-carrying cruiser was retrofitted by Sevmash for the Indian Navy and entered service last year as the Vikramaditya.
    Although the navy does not have any immediate plans to build any new aircraft carriers of its own, Russia is waiting on the delivery of two French-built Mistral-class amphibious assault carriers over the next two years.
    But amid the ongoing sanctions spat between Russia and the West, many NATO members are lobbying Paris to ax the deal, which would bolster Russian naval power.
    French President Francois Hollande said in September that France will only deliver the first vessel at the end of October if tensions in Ukraine subside.

    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/mobile/business/article/troubled-russian-aircraft-carrier-kuznetsov-returns-to-sea/508027.html

    Big_Gazza
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 507
    Points : 531
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Big_Gazza on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:04 pm

    Flyingdutchman wrote:Russia's only aircraft carrier, the Soviet-era flagship Admiral Kuznetsov, has returned to sea after going into port for maintenance at the Sevmash Shipyards near Arkhangelsk, Interfax reported Monday.
    The vessel, Russia's largest, is now heading out into the Barents Sea for post-repair sea trials, ensuring that the ship is in working order before resuming normal combat duties, Western Military District spokesperson Vadim Serga was quoted  by Interfax as saying.
    In Russian naval parlance, the Kuznetsov is not a proper aircraft carrier but rather a heavy aircraft-carrying cruiser, about half the size of a modern U.S. Nimitz-class aircraft carrier. But the Kuznetsov's cruiser capabilities mean that in addition to launching fighter planes, the warship can pummel enemy surface vessels with anti-ship guided missiles.
    A U.S. Nimitz-class super-carrier displaces more than 100,000 tons — the standard of measurement for ship sizes. The Kuznetsov, by comparison, displaces a mere 55,000 tons with a full load.
    In July, state news agency TASS reported that the Kuznetsov would undergo a massive retrofit at the Sevmash Shipyards in the next three to four years. The vessel has not been extensively serviced since it was launched in 1985, despite having been plagued with a slew of serious problems during the course of its lifetime.
    While on deployment in the Mediterranean in 2009, a short circuit aboard the vessel caused a fire that killed one crew member. A month after the incident, an attempt to refuel the vessel at sea caused a large oil spill off the coast of Ireland.
    Last year The Daily Beast reported that the U.S. Mediterranean Fleet trailed the Kuznetsov into the Mediterranean to lend a hand in case of an emergency, according to an unidentified U.S. Navy source. "The Kuznetsov might sink," the source said.
    The Kuznetsov is Russia's only aircraft carrier of its type to enter service. Its sister ship, the Varyag, was not completed before the collapse of the Soviet Union and was later sold to China for completion after rusting in a Ukrainian shipyard for nearly a decade. The Varyag entered service in the Chinese navy as "the Liaoning" in 2012, making it China's first aircraft carrier.
    An older Soviet-era Kiev-class aircraft-carrying cruiser was retrofitted by Sevmash for the Indian Navy and entered service last year as the Vikramaditya.
    Although the navy does not have any immediate plans to build any new aircraft carriers of its own, Russia is waiting on the delivery of two French-built Mistral-class amphibious assault carriers over the next two years.
    But amid the ongoing sanctions spat between Russia and the West, many NATO members are lobbying Paris to ax the deal, which would bolster Russian naval power.
    French President Francois Hollande said in September that France will only deliver the first vessel at the end of October if tensions in Ukraine subside.

    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/mobile/business/article/troubled-russian-aircraft-carrier-kuznetsov-returns-to-sea/508027.html

    A fire that killed a single crew member and an oil spill during refuelling ops are the best examples of "serious problems during the course of its lifetime"??? Thats simply pathetic. The author is desperate for something to criticise and that is the best he can come up with?

    The US navy trailed the Kuz so they could "lend a hand" if needed? Pfftt... what crap. I'd sooner believe Bibi Netanyahoo helping out in a Gaza working bee to repair the damaged homes of Hamas members...

    No wonder I never read the Moscow Times anymore. A foreign (Finnish) media group telling stupid porky pies about Russia....

    Sponsored content

    Re: Aircraft Carrier Admiral Kuznetsov: News

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:54 am


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:54 am