Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Project 21631: Buyan-M corvette

OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

Re: Project 21631: Buyan-M corvette

Post  OminousSpudd on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:52 am

hoom wrote:Hmm that huge swimming pool of green water sitting on the foredeck is not exactly 'handling' those not exactly super big seas well dunno
    Probably about as nasty as the Caspian gets though, pretty horribly short & steep.
    I note Buyan-M has relatively small scuppers, could be opened up significantly if that was being a big enough issue.

Bunch of detail shots of Uglich at Baku for a military show http://fotografersha.livejournal.com/838153.html
    Some good interesting technical detail shots, some ugly details, those interiors look like bad '70s kitsch Suspect but quite homely I guess, do worry about fires though with so much flammable material around Exclamation
    Looks good actually, pretty cosy considering the amount of flak the ships get for supposedly having "stark" interiors. I'd live in that quite happily. pirat

Honesroc
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Honesroc on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:11 am

hoom wrote:Hmm that huge swimming pool of green water sitting on the foredeck is not exactly 'handling' those not exactly super big seas well dunno
    Probably about as nasty as the Caspian gets though, pretty horribly short & steep.
    I note Buyan-M has relatively small scuppers, could be opened up significantly if that was being a big enough issue.

I'm sure the Naval Architects know what they're about...

Last edited by Honesroc on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rephrase)

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:09 am

Just posting links makes things pretty boring Sad

And what's wrong with my analysis?
    Tons of green water on the foredeck not quickly draining is absolutely undesirable.
    Interior style is a matter of taste & while that interior may be more cosy than other interiors, I don't like that style.
    But it's a fact that many navies put a lot of effort into minimising flammability of their interiors because fires at sea are bad news & while on 2nd view its really not as bad as my initial reaction there is still quite a bit of flammable stuff around that interior.

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:41 am

Zelenyy Dol & Serpukhov have gone out through the Bosporus presumably en-route to Tartus.

So I'm a little disappointed:
    I've assumed a big bit of the point of building a bunch of these was it would be easy to transition Black - Caspian - Baltic (possibly White?) seas via the canal/river system to concentrate UKSK firepower but on Balancers forum they are saying getting to Baltic would be something like a 6mth project involving demounting stuff, which is a surprise cry

Basic L*W*D dimensions are well inside Volga-Don max but according to http://krambol.com/en/faq-volga-don-canal-details-and-description-chartering there is a 14m above water max, Buyan-M are 11m wide & the above pic shows height is definitely more than 3m taller than wide.
    Zelenyy Dol & Serpukhov transitioned to Black Sea in this state & propelled by tugs, sea trials run in the Black sea after completion at Novorossisk.

It could still be done reasonably easy if tugs were just because of incomplete state & the top section of the mast is built demountable?

Looking welded here though  scratch

Last edited by hoom on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Pictures from the small missile ship "Uglich"

Passive jamming system is designed to improve the effectiveness of the ship's air defense on final homing air attack by setting of electronic and opto-electronic leading away decoys.

CIWS AK-630-M2

2x6 3M-47 «Gibka» «Igla-1M» SAM system launchers

Centauro NM

14.5 mm machine gun mount is designed to combat enemy surface, coast and air lightly armored targets.

Marine optical finder.

Silhouettes of enemy airplanes of the Caspian states.

MR-352 Pozitiv-M1.2 phased array radar system

100 mm A-190 gun

Gun-fire control Radar MR-123 Vympel.
    Right under is a complex TC-25 jamming, which can cause problems to nearby ships, causing the failure of the equipment.

2 × 4 UKSK VLS cells with Kalibr-NK system

Navigation bridge.

Interior rooms

Commander cabin

Dining room

Wardroom

Sailors cabin

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2162591.html

chicken
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  chicken on Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:42 am

UKSK bin diameter looks smaller than expected.

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:20 pm

Suspect

Rumored to be heading for Baltic rather than Tartous, Malta is certainly a big detour if heading for the latter...

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:17 pm

hoom wrote:Suspect
    Rumored to be heading for Baltic rather than Tartous, Malta is certainly a big detour if heading for the latter...

I heard too. But why would they go to Baltic? There is nothing for them to do over there.

Also:

Buyan-Ms will be getting Pantsirs:

https://sputniknews.com/russia/201610101046174294-russia-missile-system-ship-radar/

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:01 am

I heard too. But why would they go to Baltic? There is nothing for them to do over there.
    Indeed, it'd be an odd step.
    Maybe they're just going to meet Kuznetsov? Or simply a show the flag.

Buyan-Ms will be getting Pantsirs:
    Is a very interesting development.
    It's kinda surprising that they didn't put Palma on them in the first place.

Somewhat mangled announcement though the original article http://izvestia.ru/news/636773 says
    small missile ships "Buyan-M" type of project 20380
    And not only once. Maybe just a brain-fart using wrong code but also calls Molniya class 'Project 12443' which should be 1241.1 (unless new project code?)
    Then the Sputnik article mis-spells Pantsir & uses the NATO code name for Calibre...

Pantsir-M or Pantsir-SM? Surely -M Suspect

Balancer forum has this pic which could be the new radar mast

First mention I've seen of Naval Pantsir being in test, not seen any pics of such, though there has been a Molniya with Palash.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:18 am

....calls Molniya class 'Project 12443' which should be 1241.1 (unless new project code?)

Off the top of my head I think it refers to two unfinished shelved 1241 boats that will be completed and armed with 16 Uran AShMs each.

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:24 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    ....calls Molniya class 'Project 12443' which should be 1241.1 (unless new project code?)

Off the top of my head I think it refers to two unfinished shelved 1241 boats that will be completed  and armed with 16 Uran AShMs each.

12418 is the proper designation.

http://russianships.info/eng/warfareboats/project_12411.htm

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:58 am

Off the top of my head I think it refers to two unfinished shelved 1241 boats that will be completed and armed with 16 Uran AShMs each.
    But the article says Pantsir-M is testing now on a Molniya, can't be on an incomplete one.
    But that may be part of the garbledness.

Edit: actually the sentence is
    Yandex translate wrote: Now a new radar is being tested onboard a boat 12443 "Lightning", which we plan to complete by the end of the year.
    Which I was reading as 'complete testing by the end of the year' but on 2nd look is probably 'plan to complete the ship by the end of the year' Embarassed

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:56 am

They're in Ceuta now http://elpueblodeceuta.es/not/11544/casi-200-marineros-rusos-ya-se-encuentran-en-el-puerto-ceuti/

Google translate wrote:The three ships of the Russian Navy, which will remain in Ceuta until Wednesday, restock food and fuel

Since yesterday almost 200 Russian sailors are in the city. They are the crew of the three ships of the Russian Navy that will be until Wednesday at the port to rest and carrying out supplies. This is the corvettes 'Zeleny Dol' and 'Serpukhov' visiting the port for the first time, and the tug 'SB-36' was in the city in August last year along with other ships.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:47 pm

"Green Dol" and "Serpukhov" will be transferred to the Baltic?

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2204194.html

JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  JohninMK on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:13 pm

Heading for Kaliningrad?

Kalibre 2500Km range

Kalibre 1500Km range

In the North Sea yesterday

Sponsored content