Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+42
Mindstorm
navyfield
dionis
ahmedfire
Russian Patriot
KomissarBojanchev
ali.a.r
xeno
arpakola
Vann7
medo
Deep Throat
NickM
Zivo
George1
Cyberspec
AlfaT8
As Sa'iqa
Sujoy
dino00
Morpheus Eberhardt
TheArmenian
zg18
Firebird
macedonian
Viktor
Stealthflanker
Hannibal Barca
zino
collegeboy16
etaepsilonk
GarryB
sepheronx
magnumcromagnon
Samar Rathi
Austin
calripson
SOC
Regular
TR1
Werewolf
flamming_python
46 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2

TR1
    TR1

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #2

Post  TR1 Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:31 am

Haha, oh wow. So I happened to browse MP.net, was looking for the pic thread, accidently clicked the discussion.

"And how would a nuclear war between Russia and NATO work out? Which side has the stealth bombers, which side has the BMD, which side has the maintained ICBM force, which side has survivabe SSBNs? '

LOL! A new low.

Sheldraken, I am sorry your mother got drunk during her entire pregnancies and dropped you on your head a few times in the early years.
    Because if the above is not the case, the conclusion can only be one. The guy, is, a complete, unashamed, moron.
    etaepsilonk

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #2

Post  etaepsilonk Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:18 pm

I can't help but wonder how short people's memory is.
    Now many are shouting, that "after Crimea, Moldova/ Baltic states/whatever will be next", "aggressor must be stopped, or his appetite will only grow", and similar stuff.
    But they seem to be forgetting, that they'd been barking exactly the same 6 years ago Smile

Still waiting for "imminent Russian invasion"  Rolling Eyes 
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:08 pm

TR1 wrote:As much as you can criticize Russia's conduct here, they do have a point.

At the end of the day, the US deserves a nice jug of "Shut the fuck up" when it comes to complaining about sovereignty violations of other nations.
    one thing i like about this forum is that it allows adult language- reminds me the place is meant for adults after all.

Also, that is one shitty post, but not that special since its from mp.net.
    I mean wtf! if anything its russia of all the major powers that will do the best in a nuke exchange, for one you can only pull a few megadeaths since there is not that much people in the russky cities and the major ones arent that dense too. Also, nuke delivery of russia is most survivable and effective- evryone is guaranteed to have a few rounds more of nukes since its really hard to whonk mobile ICBM launchers, subs and bombers camouflaged by nuke fire.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:27 pm

"one thing i like about this forum is that it allows adult language- reminds me the place is meant for adults after all."

If you're an adult, that doesn't mean that you can swear liberally  Wink

To Regular:
    "They even act like maidanuts, by blood they might be Russian, but mentality is hohol."

Haha, is that surprising to you? Sorry, but to make a Sevastopolian say "Ukrainians are our friends, but we'll cut their throats if they come here" you don't even need Maidan Laughing  Laughing  

----------------
    The way I see it, that referendum won't bring many desirable results (Crimean people and businesses will just be sanctioned). The only way for Crimeans to really get their freedom, is to support opposition movements in other parts of Ukraine in order to send the message to those little nazi stooges. Because I see that the language of force is the only language they understand  Smile
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:56 pm

Interview with Professor Stephen Cohen ( CNN Video )

Ukraine crisis: Ignore Western hypocrisy, Putin will do what he wants
    zino
    zino

Post  zino Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:00 pm

Austin wrote:Interview with Professor Stephen Cohen ( CNN Video )

Ukraine crisis: Ignore Western hypocrisy, Putin will do what he wants

Actually your link is for an article of Guardian's Simon Tisdall. A good one.
    But look at the comments: they are really hilarious! Readers can't believe reading a balanced article.
    My best: "I guess somebody captured website admin as a hostage. call 911".  Laughing
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Well, lookie what we got here  Smile 

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Translation?
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Well coming back to the RP forum i usually attend... Some ppl already started to pit VVS vs HATO airforce...With old arguments etc.

God damn this is outright annoying. I clearly see some young man can't get rid old cold war mentality where Russia is the great satan that will sweep europe. This time from Ukraine.

I doubt there would be any shootings as Georgia unless someone start shooting at Russians.

oh BTW i shut myself out of most media (CNN, etc even i rarely watch TV now or browse news sites) so sorry if i'm little bit behind time.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:01 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:Translation?

Well, my linguistic skills are pretty subpar, but I think, he wants to go to politics, or something?  Smile

I think, he says, he's thinking about being the presidential candidate, or maybe MP with his party (Pravy sektor). Could someone else provide more accurate translation? Embarassed 
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:31 pm

MASS rally in Donetsk today!

"Donbass! Donbass! Donbass!" Very Happy

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Not that paltry shite in Kherson, Zaporozhie, or what have you.
    Only with a rally of this magnitude, is it possible for the people to actually take control of the region. A few days back several thousand stormed the regional administration and forced the governor to flee. But that wasn't enough for a mandate.

Now that their people's governor has been arrested and extradited, the population has taken to the streets.

Concurrently, today Donetsk's Berkut (strange they haven't been disbanded yet?) have refused to carry out orders from Kiev, and have gone onto the side of the protestors too.
    Uncomfirmed reports say that they made for their base in order to arm, and then took over the Donetsk regional administration building (same as how the Sevastopol/Crimean Berkut took over the Crimean regional administration a week ago)

http://anna-news.info/node/13923
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:32 pm

WoW .... so it begins ......  russia 
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:...oh BTW i shut myself out of most media (CNN, etc even i rarely watch TV now or browse news sites) so sorry if i'm little bit behind time.

But that makes you less behind the news, and more sheltered from the propaganda.
    So - good for you.
    I haven't even been tempted to browse CNN.com ever since the Syria situation. No point.

-------------------
    Edit

flamming_python wrote:MASS rally in Donetsk today!
    Odessa and Mariupol are FAR more important.
    If people act the same there - than NATO messed up their game here big time!
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:07 pm

MISTAKE, that vid posted above is from 1st of March not today. So, already old news.

macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Let me just add this:

If Russia wins this, and they(Kremlin) think that it's over - they're in for a surprise.
    These people NEVER give up, and they'll be patiently waiting for the next occasion. Just like the previous 'Orange Revolution' vis-a-vis the situation we have today...in 'someone's' mind Russia is the enemy which has to be brought to its knees - and they'll keep at it...if allowed to.
    Sorry if that sounds pessimistic - but that's the way it is - this doesn't seem it will ever end.

Edit
    --------------------
    flamming_python wrote:MISTAKE, that vid posted above is from 1st of March not today. So, already old news.
    Thanks for clarifying that FP, was a bit surprised by it...
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:18 pm

macedonian wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:MISTAKE, that vid posted above is from 1st of March not today. So, already old news.
    Thanks for clarifying that FP, was a bit surprised by it...

Yeah sorry about that, was posted somewhere under the guise of something that happened today.

The info about the Donetsk Berkut defecting is from today though. So, things are moving - one way or the other.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:21 pm

Anyway, other news. This time Kharkov. Something big is brewing for tomorrow, a mass rally.

Kharkov Uprising

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2 - Page 2 C1ctby10

Kharkov region governor Mikhail Dobkin, after being forced to flee to Moscow after hosting the Eastern Regions conference 2 weeks ago (accused by the SBU of fanning separatism) and passing a motion to not recognize the new authorities in Kiev, has now attempted to return to the Ukraine today.

After arriving at Kharkov airport, Ukrainian border guards attempted to detain Dobkin for questioning at the last minute, but he and his bodyguard managed to break through and escape in a waiting car; although he had to leave his passport behind:

http://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2014/03/7/7017981/

They are now somewhere in Ukrainian territory, but all signs point to Dobkin attempting to attend the rally in the city of Kharkov in person tomorrow.
    Here is his vkontakte page: https://vk.com/id232259019

Note his profile pic. People have been asking him there what he thinks about a new governor being sent by Kiev to take over in Kharkov, etc... he's replying that they can do what they want but he's with the people.
    This is big news, he was a reasonably popular governor and he could potentially mobilise a large portion of the population behind him.
    Then there's is Zhilin as well, the leader of the 'Oplot' martial-arts club which was beating the Maidanists. He was wanted for questioning but he managed to lay-low and hide. Rumours are that he will attend the rally too. He's not leader material exactly, too young and too naive, but altogether not a dim lad at all judging by his speeches and so on.

The Donetsk region is already planning a rally of its own for tommorow too, same time as the Kharkov one.
    The cancellation of coal miners subsidies, pension allowances & early retirement possibilities, as well as the looming privatisation of all coal mines - hopefully are going to piss them off enough, not to mention the detainment of their self-appointed governor, in order to rise up in numbers similar to those a week ago we saw in that video.

Kiev is being streched thing. It's concentrating its resources (police reinforcements, Maidan protestor groups, armed Maidanites used as auxillaries and for protecting Maidan protestors) in Odessa and Kharkov.
    Going to be interesting to see how the new government will react to 2 simultaneous mass-rallies. That's the key I believe to beating them; not allowing them enough flexibility to redeploy their foot-soldiers to where they need them in time.
    zino
    zino

Post  zino Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:27 pm

etaepsilonk wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:Translation?

Well, my linguistic skills are pretty subpar, but I think, he wants to go to politics, or something?  Smile

I think, he says, he's thinking about being the presidential candidate, or maybe MP with his party (Pravy sektor). Could someone else provide more accurate translation? Embarassed 

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/politics/right-sector-leader-yarosh-to-run-for-president-338685.html

Yarosh is the right sector candidate for precidency.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:36 pm

flamming_python wrote:Anyway, other news. This time Kharkov. Something big is brewing for tomorrow, a mass rally.

Kharkov Uprising

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2 - Page 2 C1ctby10

Oh man, this picture is so retarded  Laughing Laughing

To zino:

Oh, I see, thanks for clarification. I just wrote that I think he was saying, however.

Last edited by etaepsilonk on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:37 pm

Well, that Харковчане! flyer is kinda OK (especially appealing to old people who view communist times as a small piece of paradise), but if people there are as inert as people are here...they'll need some 'encouragement' to come out and protest.
    Hope the agenda is well thought-out. Haven't seen it thus far, I'm afraid...
    I hope I'm proven wrong on this, but the Americans would've had an 'asset' or two right in the heart of the Maidan movement - and Russia doesn't seem to have them. But Putin always comes up with a surprise - so I'm not holding my breath here...
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:38 pm

macedonian wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:MASS rally in Donetsk today!
    Odessa and Mariupol are FAR more important.
    If people act the same there - than NATO messed up their game here big time!

Odessa is indeed very important. It's a hero-city of WW2 (was holding out for ages even up until Nazi forces were nearly at the gates of Sevastopol), and inflicted massive amounts of casualties on the Romanian army. So there's the historical and morale significance of it to Russian-speakers in the Ukraine and Russia. Take it, and you'll break the Easterner's resistance, as some might think..

It's the 3rd largest city in the Ukraine overall, and the 2nd largest in Eastern Ukraine.

It's also a major sea-port; it's most probably location for the construction of that LNG terminal that the Americans are promising to the new Ukrainian government (despite the fact that some US officials have already gone on record saying that such a venture would be uneconomical).
    A large portion of the Ukraine's overseas trade, not to mention transit to other countries like Belarus, Russia, Baltics, etc... is routed exactly through the port of Odessa.
    And the Maidanites know this.

Finally, it's now the new location of the Ukrainian fleet. The new government simply can't afford to lose it.

Now in regards to Mariupol, it's also a port, etc... but with less than half the population of Odessa, and simply just nowhere near as important. It's trade and transit I'd imagine is mainly just for a few Eastern Ukrainian regions and Russia perhaps too.
    But most importantly - it's not a provincial capital; Donetsk is - Mariupol is subordinated to Donetsk because the regional administration and structures are in that city. Take Donetsk, and you've taken Mariupol.

Instead, the other strategic city in Eastern Ukraine is indeed Kharkov, also with a very important place in WW2 Eastern Front history, and in the hearts and minds of Russians and Ukrainians.
    It's the 2nd largest city in the Ukraine with nearly 1.5 million people, and the main commercial, transit, industrial hub for all the other regions around it. It's got a large economy, industrial base and so on - including many defense industries.

This is exactly why the Maidanites have been concentrating their forces in both Odessa and Kharkov over the past week.
    Odessa looks passive for now; despite a mass-rally having taken place 2 weeks ago. It seems many there are against Russian intervention.
    Honestly, someone needs to kick-start some activity in Nikolayev and Kherson before we have any chance of seeing Odessa throwing out the Kiev government.

But the battle for Kharkov is still very much on.

Last edited by flamming_python on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:39 pm

I just pray that all of the anti-coup protestors are safe, and that Russia is ready to protect them with all means necessary.
    And that the pondlife that infested Kiev admits defeat and scrurries back under its rocks.

I was also thinking about flying out to the Ukraine myself. :-/

russia 
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Hey, Firebird, you can buy automatic rifles in the USA, can't you?  Twisted Evil

Last edited by etaepsilonk on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Yes guys. It is absolutely important to press hard now and have faith! Whenever you have a chance to speak about the situation you must speak with confidence and determination and whenever you have to react you must react!
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:32 pm

"If Putin - is Hitler
    Then shouldn't the Banderovites follow him?"

The Situation in the Ukraine. #2 - Page 2 8ujvmt10

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:25 am