Command and control rod - Inverview Acting Chief of the Armed Forces, Major General Khalil ARSLANOV.
The installation will be ready for the start of 2015. To conduct R & D to create a new complex in the 2013-2014 year, KB "Amethyst" will receive 776 million rubles. Produce 130-millimeter artillery complex "Kartaun-Puma" will be of "MZ" arsenal. "
Design Bureau "Amethyst" has begun to develop a lightweight naval gun system "Kartaun-Puma", which is easier to existing options to four times. It will equip light vehicles, so they will get heavy combat capabilities.
According to "News" Deputy Director General Yury design office smoothly, managed to ease the weight of the unit due to composite materials.
- It creates complex, including a gun and ammunition management system. Previous two-barrel gun was and weighed 97 tons, the - single-barrel and weighs 24 tons - through the application of new technical solutions and the introduction of new hardware components, including composite materials, - said Yuri smoothly.
The principal difference between the perspective of the complex from the previous 130-millimeter plants - a unified fire control system that is compatible not only with any naval artillery systems, but also with complex land 'Beach'.
- In contrast to the previous, the system creates a universal control for all kinds and for all artillery weapons of the Navy. It used to be - that neither the caliber, it has its own control system. Due to unification, we have reduced the number of management systems, reducing the number of devices. As a result, reduced cost, and at the same time we can control and 30 - and 130-mm gun, - said Yuri smoothly.
The new complex will be able to get any ship whose design provides artillery. But above all, it will be installed on frigates of Project 22350 - "Admiral Kasatonov", "Admiral Golovko," etc.
- All of our efforts have focused on weight reduction for this complex could be placed on a ship smaller displacement. Before, we could put the complex on the ships with a displacement of 6.7 tonnes, and now we can put it on ships with a displacement 2 tons This will enhance the combat capabilities of coastal and sea targets to the level of larger displacement ships, - said Yuri smoothly.
"Kartaun-Puma" is created on the backlog of past development activities - in the complex will fire control system "Puma", the height of the gun will be about 12 m, the length of the barrel - 7-8 pm Just like the last gun "Armat" artillery can hit targets on the water, on the shore and in the air.
- Compared to what it was before, in the short term, the firing range will be increased by about a factor of 1.5-2. Efficiency is also significantly increase, up to two times, this rate will exceed 30 cannon rounds per minute. Expected to increase reliability 1.5 times increase in the reaction rate of up to two seconds. To manage the new gun will require only three people instead of six, - said Yuri smoothly.
Installation will be able to fire until it is completely use up ammunition - ammunition "Kartaun-Puma" will be equal to the capacity of the ship's cellar for shells, it is impossible for any foreign counterparts. Shoot 'Kartaun-Puma "will high-explosive, anti-aircraft and any other projectiles caliber 130 mm, including managed.
- Earlier in the gun shells were submitted as a Kalashnikov rifle cartridges. Now this is a serious intelligent automation mechanisms guns, including ammunition feed system SAP 192-M. Without interrupting the shooting, you can fire up to exhaustion of all ammunition with automatic selection of the type of projectile - Back to the high-explosive anti-aircraft can be instantly. In addition, in this caliber we have a unitary shell, which is also an advantage over other countries - said smoothly.
RIA Novosti wrote:New warships for the Russian navy should be built from ready-to-assembly blocks, navy chief Adm. Viktor Chirkov said Wednesday.
“This is our demand as a customer because the modular principle of construction from ready-to-assembly blocks will not only speed up the designing of the vessels but will also reduce the cost of their construction,” Chirkov said, summing up the results of a conference on the future of military shipbuilding through 2050.
“The Russian navy could receive the first such ship by 2018-2020,” the naval commander said.
According to Chirkov, the modular principle envisions the installation of functional blocks of equipment, including power, communication and navigation units, as well as weapons systems. These blocks could then be quickly replaced for a specific task assigned to the warship, and the vessels could carry out missions that currently require several warships of different classes.
Chirkov said that half of the funds allocated to the navy under Russia’s ambitious state arms procurement program through 2020 will be spent on the construction of submarines and surface warships.
The government has budgeted 20 trillion rubles ($641 billion) for a comprehensive rearmament of Russia's armed forces that will see the share of modern weaponry reach 30 percent by 2015 and 70 percent by 2020.
The navy is expected to receive new nuclear-powered and diesel-electric submarines, as well as destroyers, corvettes, small artillery ships and landing ships.
The cause of the launch failure "Bulava" September 6, was a violation of technology in the manufacture of the material to the nozzle. Itar-Tass said the first deputy chairman of the Military-Industrial Commission under the Government of the Russian Federation Ivan Kharchenko. He could not say whether his work has been commission to investigate the causes of the accident, but referred to the operational reports. "If an idea: the manufacture of the material from which made the nozzle was broken technology," - he said. "When all the cards picked up, it was determined that the same defect is material for another three rockets / the same production batch /", - he added.
First deputy head of the military-industrial complex emphasized that we are not talking about any significant alteration of missiles, because the defect concerns the sliding nozzle. "It's just about changing to three more rockets from the party itself that element," - he stressed. Kharchenko did not specify whether already done this work by proposing to address this question to Roscosmos. "But this is not some fatal error. And for us it was important that after the missile was tested in the trial serial number 202" Borey "and actually work to launch complex, work boats and all of its systems have no complaints," - he added agency. In this regard, he said, a good thing that the defect was discovered, since it will be possible to remove it on three missiles.
To be exact they said "during 2013-2015" they are planning to start work on creating a new destroyer class.Viktor wrote:Interesting. This is even sooner than I expected
The perspective for the Russian Navy destroyer can lay up to end of 2013