Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Share
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10045
    Points : 10533
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  George1 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:57 pm

    KomissarBojanchev wrote:Why isn't there any news on whether the new minesweepers are in service? Are there any more decade long problems there with ubernew untested technology even with these these ships?

    First series ship of 12700 project is on trials


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5426
    Points : 5471
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  Militarov on Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:56 pm

    Delivery of new minesweeper "Aleksandr Obukhov" delayed until Jun 2016.



    Source: https://rns.online/military/Korabl-protivominnoi-oboroni-aleksandr-Obuhov-peredadut-VMF-v-iyune--2016-02-13/
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10045
    Points : 10533
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  George1 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:50 pm

    Construction of the fourth Minesweeper of project 12700 started



    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2096534.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1657
    Points : 1818
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  TheArmenian on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:45 am

    The lead Minesweeper of the Pr. 12700 (Alexander Obukhov) will be commissioned into the Navy on the 9th of December:

    http://flotprom.ru/2016/Снсз19/
    avatar
    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1657
    Points : 1818
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Project 12700 Minesweeper

    Post  TheArmenian on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:47 pm

    ALEXANDER OBUKHOV, the first of series of 800T minesweepers with non-magnetic composite hulls has been accepted into service of the Baltic Fleet.





    Last edited by TheArmenian on Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2239
    Points : 2277
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  franco on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:40 pm

    The first 12700 class minesweeper accepted into the Navy;

    PETERSBURG, December 9 - RIA Novosti. The lead ship of a new generation of anti-mine defense "Alexander Obukhov" on Friday will give the Russian Navy, said the Mid-Nevsky Shipyard (SNSZ, part of United Shipbuilding Corporation).

    Minesweeper "Alexander Obukhov" is built on the Mid-Nevsky Shipyard commissioned by the Ministry of Defense. The ship, designed CMDB "Almaz", was laid in September 2011, was launched on June, 2014.

    "December Ninth in the Leningrad naval base held a ceremony of flag raising and transferring the lead ship mine defense customers a new generation of" Alexander Obukhov, "- the report says.

    Project 12700 ship is designed to find and destroy mines in the waters of the naval bases at a safe distance to the ship. Displacement of the ship is 890 tons, length - 61 meters, width - 10 meters, the speed at full displacement - 16.5 knot, crew - 44 people. To combat the mines ship can use different types of trawls, as well as remotely operated and autonomous underwater vehicle. The ship has a high maneuverability due to the use of an effective combination of various thrusters.

    "Alexander Obukhov" - a unique minesweeper, with the world's largest body of reinforced fiberglass, formed by vacuum infusion. This technology in the Russian military shipbuilding applied for the first time. The advantage of such a body is a higher strength compared with steel bodies, which provides greater survivability of the ship when searching for mines. The term service housing of fiberglass reinforced more than the body of magnetic steel and the body weight is significantly less.

    In April 2014 SNSZ signed a contract with the Russian Ministry of Defense to build a series of ships of this project. Under the terms of the contract, delivery of production vehicles is scheduled in the period from 2016 to 2018.
    avatar
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5426
    Points : 5471
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  Militarov on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:46 pm

    franco wrote:The first 12700 class minesweeper accepted into the Navy;

    PETERSBURG, December 9 - RIA Novosti. The lead ship of a new generation of anti-mine defense "Alexander Obukhov" on Friday will give the Russian Navy, said the Mid-Nevsky Shipyard (SNSZ, part of United Shipbuilding Corporation).

    Minesweeper "Alexander Obukhov" is built on the Mid-Nevsky Shipyard commissioned by the Ministry of Defense. The ship, designed CMDB "Almaz", was laid in September 2011, was launched on June, 2014.

    "December Ninth in the Leningrad naval base held a ceremony of flag raising and transferring the lead ship mine defense customers a new generation of" Alexander Obukhov, "- the report says.

    Project 12700 ship is designed to find and destroy mines in the waters of the naval bases at a safe distance to the ship. Displacement of the ship is 890 tons, length - 61 meters, width - 10 meters, the speed at full displacement - 16.5 knot, crew - 44 people. To combat the mines ship can use different types of trawls, as well as remotely operated and autonomous underwater vehicle. The ship has a high maneuverability due to the use of an effective combination of various thrusters.

    "Alexander Obukhov" - a unique minesweeper, with the world's largest body of reinforced fiberglass, formed by vacuum infusion. This technology in the Russian military shipbuilding applied for the first time. The advantage of such a body is a higher strength compared with steel bodies, which provides greater survivability of the ship when searching for mines. The term service housing of fiberglass reinforced more than the body of magnetic steel and the body weight is significantly less.

    In April 2014 SNSZ signed a contract with the Russian Ministry of Defense to build a series of ships of this project. Under the terms of the contract, delivery of production vehicles is scheduled in the period from 2016 to 2018.

    Is it known which remotely operated vehicle is used by the ship?
    avatar
    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2239
    Points : 2277
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  franco on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:20 pm

    This is from the list of weapons to be carried but doesn't mean anything to me;

    «Alexandrit-ISPUM», «Diamand», OUKT-B contact sweep, PKT-B contact sweep, "Zhelatin" sweep, ShAT-U acoustic sweep
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10045
    Points : 10533
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  George1 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:36 pm

    Russia Contracts for Another 7 Coastal Project 12700 Minesweepers – Navy

    Read more: https://sputniknews.com/military/201612091048367389-russia-navy-minesweepers/


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10045
    Points : 10533
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  George1 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:42 pm

    Some videos more





    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2239
    Points : 2277
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  franco on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:38 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    franco wrote:The first 12700 class minesweeper accepted into the Navy;

    PETERSBURG, December 9 - RIA Novosti. The lead ship of a new generation of anti-mine defense "Alexander Obukhov" on Friday will give the Russian Navy, said the Mid-Nevsky Shipyard (SNSZ, part of United Shipbuilding Corporation).

    Minesweeper "Alexander Obukhov" is built on the Mid-Nevsky Shipyard commissioned by the Ministry of Defense. The ship, designed CMDB "Almaz", was laid in September 2011, was launched on June, 2014.

    "December Ninth in the Leningrad naval base held a ceremony of flag raising and transferring the lead ship mine defense customers a new generation of" Alexander Obukhov, "- the report says.

    Project 12700 ship is designed to find and destroy mines in the waters of the naval bases at a safe distance to the ship. Displacement of the ship is 890 tons, length - 61 meters, width - 10 meters, the speed at full displacement - 16.5 knot, crew - 44 people. To combat the mines ship can use different types of trawls, as well as remotely operated and autonomous underwater vehicle. The ship has a high maneuverability due to the use of an effective combination of various thrusters.

    "Alexander Obukhov" - a unique minesweeper, with the world's largest body of reinforced fiberglass, formed by vacuum infusion. This technology in the Russian military shipbuilding applied for the first time. The advantage of such a body is a higher strength compared with steel bodies, which provides greater survivability of the ship when searching for mines. The term service housing of fiberglass reinforced more than the body of magnetic steel and the body weight is significantly less.

    In April 2014 SNSZ signed a contract with the Russian Ministry of Defense to build a series of ships of this project. Under the terms of the contract, delivery of production vehicles is scheduled in the period from 2016 to 2018.

    Is it known which remotely operated vehicle is used by the ship?

    Just saw this on twitter...

    Baltic Fleet received new ship – Alexander Obukhov (Project 12700) minesweeper. Has French USV Inspector MK2 drone.
    avatar
    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5426
    Points : 5471
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  Militarov on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:05 pm

    franco wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    franco wrote:The first 12700 class minesweeper accepted into the Navy;

    PETERSBURG, December 9 - RIA Novosti. The lead ship of a new generation of anti-mine defense "Alexander Obukhov" on Friday will give the Russian Navy, said the Mid-Nevsky Shipyard (SNSZ, part of United Shipbuilding Corporation).

    Minesweeper "Alexander Obukhov" is built on the Mid-Nevsky Shipyard commissioned by the Ministry of Defense. The ship, designed CMDB "Almaz", was laid in September 2011, was launched on June, 2014.

    "December Ninth in the Leningrad naval base held a ceremony of flag raising and transferring the lead ship mine defense customers a new generation of" Alexander Obukhov, "- the report says.

    Project 12700 ship is designed to find and destroy mines in the waters of the naval bases at a safe distance to the ship. Displacement of the ship is 890 tons, length - 61 meters, width - 10 meters, the speed at full displacement - 16.5 knot, crew - 44 people. To combat the mines ship can use different types of trawls, as well as remotely operated and autonomous underwater vehicle. The ship has a high maneuverability due to the use of an effective combination of various thrusters.

    "Alexander Obukhov" - a unique minesweeper, with the world's largest body of reinforced fiberglass, formed by vacuum infusion. This technology in the Russian military shipbuilding applied for the first time. The advantage of such a body is a higher strength compared with steel bodies, which provides greater survivability of the ship when searching for mines. The term service housing of fiberglass reinforced more than the body of magnetic steel and the body weight is significantly less.

    In April 2014 SNSZ signed a contract with the Russian Ministry of Defense to build a series of ships of this project. Under the terms of the contract, delivery of production vehicles is scheduled in the period from 2016 to 2018.

    Is it known which remotely operated vehicle is used by the ship?

    Just saw this on twitter...

    Baltic Fleet received new ship – Alexander Obukhov (Project 12700) minesweeper. Has French USV Inspector MK2 drone.

    Interesting.

    http://www.ecagroup.com/en/solutions/unmanned-surface-vehicle-inspector-mk2

    Could it be the thing under the tarp?

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10045
    Points : 10533
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  George1 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:18 am

    Minesweeper "Alexander Obukhov"



















    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2331109.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    eehnie
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1138
    Points : 1163
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Project 12700 Minesweeper

    Post  eehnie on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:28 am

    TheArmenian wrote:The lead Minesweeper of the Pr. 12700 (Alexander Obukhov) will be commissioned into the Navy on the 9th of December:

    http://flotprom.ru/2016/Снсз19/

    Done: http://russianships.info/eng/warships/project_12700.htm
    avatar
    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2239
    Points : 2277
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  franco on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:37 pm

    Navy should receive around 20 of the 12700 class minesweepers;

    https://ria.ru/arms/20170119/1486051944.html
    avatar
    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1657
    Points : 1818
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  TheArmenian on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 am

    The next ship will be laid down on January 25th.
    The name will be IVAN ANTONOV

    https://ria.ru/arms/20170119/1486012293.html
    avatar
    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1657
    Points : 1818
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  TheArmenian on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:20 pm

    4th unit of the new minesweeper class will be laid down on the 20th of April.

    The name is Vladimir Emelyanov.
    avatar
    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1657
    Points : 1818
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  TheArmenian on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:52 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:4th unit of the new minesweeper class will be laid down on the 20th of April.

    The name is Vladimir Emelyanov.

    And the promise has been kept:

    VLADIMIR EMELYANOV, the fourth unit of the Project 12700 minesweeper has been laid down.

    http://flotprom.ru/2017/%D0%A1%D0%BD%D1%81%D0%B712/

    https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/92631/
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 10045
    Points : 10533
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  George1 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:18 pm







    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    hoom
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 446
    Points : 446
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  hoom on Fri May 19, 2017 5:07 pm

    Alexsander Obukhov minesweeper joined Baltic fleet in Baltiysk

    Is it just a relocation or 'joined the fleet' for real this time? dunno
    avatar
    hoom
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 446
    Points : 446
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  hoom on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:14 am

    Plans for 40 of these now Suspect http://nortwolf-sam.blogspot.co.nz/2017/06/40-12700.html
    Perhaps wisely no date given but they say expect to ramp up to 2 per year at Mid-Nevsky & start production in Far East.

    The other day someone made a post about if there is a replacement for Grisha class ASW ships coming, I'm thinking an ASW variant of this might be a good idea?
    A minesweeper should have pretty quiet machinery as well as the non-magnetic hull right? Sounds like a good start for ASW to me.

    BTW since they never showed up in this thread, some pics of the one that burnt


    Also some more at http://7fbtk.blogspot.co.nz/2016/06/fire-on-georgiy-kurbatov.html
    avatar
    eehnie
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1138
    Points : 1163
    Join date : 2015-05-13

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  eehnie on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:20 pm


    It would be interesting if this topic becomes the overall topic for Minesweepers, like in the case of the Amphibious ships.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Project 12700 Minesweeper thread

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:59 am