Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+10
Ice Man
flamming_python
Werewolf
sepheronx
zg18
magnumcromagnon
Admin
Sujoy
GarryB
NickM
14 posters

US hostilities against Indian nationals

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

US hostilities against Indian nationals - Page 2 Empty Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Sujoy wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:Actually the trend of attacking Indian nationals really started to become popular when India turned down being a vassal state...errr I mean "military ally" of the United States in 2012, and countless media attacks and vilification attempts on the India diaspora followed not long after.

Actually Anglo Saxons always had a profound hatred for India ( especially Hindus) because England never forgave India for breaking up it's once mighty empire .

I'll go one step forward, many Indians remember Idi Amin's racist hatred towards Indians and how he had them expelled from Uganda, but not too many people know that he was originally hand-picked and favored by British military intelligence services to crack down and persecute anti-colonial movements in East Africa (like the Mau Mau movement) and they helped Idi Amin come in to power in Uganda...which begs the question when Idi Amin expelled the Indian diaspora out of Uganda, was that done as a individual decision or did he just follow a direct order from MI6 British foreign intelligence services?
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

US hostilities against Indian nationals - Page 2 Empty Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

Post  Sujoy Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:27 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:but not too many people know that he was originally hand-picked and favored by British military intelligence services to crack down and persecute anti-colonial movements in East Africa (like the Mau Mau movement) and they helped Idi Amin come in to power in Uganda...which begs the question when Idi Amin expelled the Indian diaspora out of Uganda, was that done as a individual decision or did he just follow a direct order from MI6 British foreign intelligence services?

I did not know the first part , thanx for sharing . What I do know is that those expelled Indians landed up in the UK ( and not India ) . What goes round comes round  Very Happy 
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:32 am

Actually Anglo Saxons always had a profound hatred for India ( especially Hindus) because England never forgave India for breaking up it's once mighty empire .

As an Anglo-Saxon I resent you putting me in the same box and the (few) British people stupid enough to hate a whole country.

People find it easy to hate what is different, what they don't know, or what they don't understand. Human Nature I am afraid.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:41 am

GarryB wrote:As an Anglo-Saxon I resent you putting me in the same box and the (few) British people stupid enough to hate a whole country.

I certainly did not put you in the same box . I am really talking about averages here & not every last individual .

GarryB wrote:People find it easy to hate what is different, what they don't know, or what they don't understand.  Human Nature I am afraid.

In that case every single Indian should be hating the Brits . But I can assure you that's not the case . It's just that the opposite is not true .
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:30 pm

I certainly did not put you in the same box . I am really talking about averages here & not every last individual .

But you did... I am of Anglo-Saxon origin...

By reducing people to averages here and ignoring the individuals you make the same mistake the Indian hating British minority make.

Average people don't exist... we are all exceptional...

In that case every single Indian should be hating the Brits . But I can assure you that's not the case . It's just that the opposite is not true .

Given the facts and with the same thought processes if you ask every individual they should in theory come up with the same result... the same attitude... but the wont.

A racist person wants to say all Indians are this or all Brits are that... it is easier to praise or to demonise a single group of people in such a way.

I notice you said a majority of Americans don't like Indians because those Indians are perceived as job thieves, but when you talked about the British you specified their race (anglo-saxon) and did not limit the scope to a minority or a majority leaving the reader to speculate you meant all Anglo-Saxons... which of course would include me.

Ironic because I am ashamed of what the British Empire has done and the way it tries to hide and ignore its crimes by pretending what was done was done for the benefit of others...

I have similar mixed feelings about the US... I respect their ideals and morals... I just wish they would use them properly... ie try to abide by them themselves, but instead they just use them as weapons to demonise their opponents... which is the rest of the world.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:23 pm

GarryB wrote:But you did... I am of Anglo-Saxon origin...

By reducing people to averages here and ignoring the individuals you make the same mistake the Indian hating British minority make.

Average refers to the Central Tendency  .

The Central Tendency / Average  is arrived  at by taking into account the view point of the vast majority of people ( if not each and every individual ) . So , there will be  a mainstream point of view and some  peripheral points of views .

There are  millions of  Anglo Saxons and it's quite possible that a few of them do not hold anti India views  . However, that does not downplay the fact that a vast majority of them do have a tremendous amount of dislike for India/Indians and that's what the Average reflects even after it takes into account those voices that are the polar opposite of the mainstream voice.  

GarryB wrote:I notice you said a majority of Americans don't like Indians because those Indians are perceived as job thieves, but when you talked about the British you specified their race (anglo-saxon) and did not limit the scope to a minority or a majority leaving the reader to speculate you meant all Anglo-Saxons... which of course would include me.

I never made any distinction between Anglo Saxons in the US & UK . Not even once did I mention British because it is factually incorrect .  There are a number of races in the UK that use the term British in concert with the name of their own race. So there are British White , British Indian , British Black , British Pakistani etc etc .  

I said England did not forgive India for bringing down their Empire. That being said , as numerous polls / studies have shown (a) majority of Anglo Saxons across the English speaking consciously (or sub consciously) dislike India ; (b) there are minority voices within this same group that choose to differ .
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:19 am

Average refers to the Central Tendency .

The Central Tendency / Average is arrived at by taking into account the view point of the vast majority of people ( if not each and every individual ) . So , there will be a mainstream point of view and some peripheral points of views .

I fully understand the meaning of average... in conversational English and as a mathematical term... are you familiar with formal logic?

When you make a statement like:

When you don't qualify something by saying "Some Anglo Saxons", or "A few Anglo Saxons", or "A Minority or Majority of Anglo Saxons" what you are actually saying is generally perceived by the reader as "Actually (all) Anglo Saxons always had a profound hatred for India ( especially Hindus) because England never forgave India for breaking up it's once mighty empire ."

Which is why I responded to counter that belief by giving the counter example that proves your claim wrong. I an ethnically Anglo Saxon and I rather like ethnic Indians (including yourself, which is why I was not actually offended).

The point I was really trying to make is by putting all the F'ing racist idiots in a box you are making the same mistake they are by grouping all ethnic Indians as this or that. All people are different but when you put people in groups then you can start separating them and in many cases putting them down for this or that reason.

There are millions of Anglo Saxons and it's quite possible that a few of them do not hold anti India views .

Anglo Saxons have as many views as there are Anglo Saxons... just like it would be very hard to find two Indians that agree on absolutely everything... even if you find the only difference is that they don't support the same cricket teams.

Taring everyone with the same brush leads down a bad path... don't go there... it is not healthy.

I understand what you are trying to say... the average UK popular belief is largely negative regarding Russia, but that doesn't mean they all hate Russia, or in fact that most even know very much about Russia. Most of their knowledge largely comes from their perspective and largely ignores the struggles and successes and failures of the Russian people over the centuries... it is quite a story.

So there are British White , British Indian , British Black , British Pakistani etc etc .

But by saying Anglo Saxon you are specifically referring to White British people are you not? Do you think British Pakistanis have a better view of Indians?

That being said , as numerous polls / studies have shown (a) majority of Anglo Saxons across the English speaking consciously (or sub consciously) dislike India ; (b) there are minority voices within this same group that choose to differ .

Which you qualify now, but in your original statement you didn't restrict yourself to just talking about the majority. I would have ignored it but in the next sentence you talked about a majority of Americans upset and losing jobs to Indians... why did you not say "Most Anglo Saxons, when you said the "Majority of Americans?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:51 am