Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Share

    NickM
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 184
    Points : 131
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Location : NYC,USA / Essex,UK

    US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  NickM on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:03 pm

    In order to avenge the lawful arrest of an Indian "diplomat" in New York City , the Indian Government has taken it upon itself to put the lives of Americans living in India at risk .

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/28/world/asia/india-consular-employee-retaliation.html?_r=2&

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15450
    Points : 16157
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  GarryB on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:10 am

    They arrested a diplomat because they under paid their house keeper...

    WTF.

    IF her housekeeper was so upset why didn't she quit?

    Instead the US overreacts.

    Idiots.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 914
    Points : 1082
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : India

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Sujoy on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:34 am

    GarryB wrote:They arrested a diplomat because they under paid their house keeper...

    WTF.

    IF her housekeeper was so upset why didn't she quit?

    Instead the US overreacts.

    Idiots.

    Exactly GarryB . The maid was a CIA agent . The Indian diplomat found it out and was therefore subsequently arrested by the New York police.

    http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-devyani-khobragade-diplomat-row-sangeeta-richards-could-be-cia-agent-says-devyani-khobragade-s-father-1936700

    I have never seen this kind of anti US protests that's sweeping across India , not even during the Iraq invasion .


    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15450
    Points : 16157
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  GarryB on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:11 am

    The Indian diplomat found it out and was therefore subsequently arrested by the New York police.

    And strip searched...

    So much for diplomatic immunity... of course hardly the first breach of international law by the US...

    Amusing that so much effort is being made to get India on side to turn them against Russia... this sort of thing should be brought up the next time someone complains about the relationship with Russia...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Vladimir79
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

    Posts : 2193
    Points : 3099
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Vladimir79 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:02 pm

    NickM wrote:In order to avenge the lawful arrest of an Indian "diplomat" in New York City , the Indian Government has taken it upon itself to put the lives of Americans living in India at risk .

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/28/world/asia/india-consular-employee-retaliation.html?_r=2&

    How is it lawful if she has diplomatic immunity?  If they start messing with the Vienna convention they can find all their diplomats at risk.


    _________________
    The true value of life knows only the paratrooper. For he is more likely to look death in the eye.  -- Vasily Margelov

    Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 914
    Points : 1082
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : India

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Sujoy on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:06 pm

    Vladimir79 wrote:How is it lawful if she has diplomatic immunity?  If they start messing with the Vienna convention they can find all their diplomats at risk.

    Very true . One of the ideas doing the round in New Delhi is that since the US has violated Vienna convention by arresting a serving diplomat , India should arrest Gay US diplomats since Indian laws prohibit gay sex .

    http://www.deccanherald.com/content/375270/bjp-seeks-arrest-same-sex.html

    NickM , needs to find an issue , that's all .

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:52 pm

    GarryB wrote:They arrested a diplomat because they under paid their house keeper...

    WTF.

    IF her housekeeper was so upset why didn't she quit?

    Instead the US overreacts.

    Idiots.


    The major irony of it all is that the main reason for her arrest was paying low wages in the United States, while there is no less than 11.5 million Hispanic-Americans who are paid pennies on the dollar of what regular citizens would get, and have no political rights to speak of.

    zg18
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 868
    Points : 944
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  zg18 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:59 pm

    http://blogs.rediff.com/mkbhadrakumar/2014/01/10/alls-well-that-ends-well-in-us-india-ties/

    View from former top Indian diplomat MK Bhadrakumar about the affair.

    His blog "Indian punchline" i strongly recommend to read. Mr. Bhadrakumar is definitely top class analyst , with years of experience in the diplomacy.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:40 am

    Unfortunately, punishment which is needed, will not actually be acknowledged unless it is actually something drastic. India should review the purchases that they recently made, in the billions, from the US. At this point, then the US will be forced to act as they will have something to lose. India should not have diplomatic and massive trade deals with a nation that does questionable things to their diplomats. But because they are not reviewing the defense deals, the US will ultimately not care and current gov in India (Congress) will just downplay it eventually saying "We showed them".

    Cannot wait to see BJP win next election (I have faith they will). I like Modi.

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:43 am

    I aggree, capitalists only know two languages, money or force and one is favorable over the other.

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  flamming_python on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:25 am

    zg18 wrote:http://blogs.rediff.com/mkbhadrakumar/2014/01/10/alls-well-that-ends-well-in-us-india-ties/

    View from former top Indian diplomat MK Bhadrakumar about the affair.

    His blog "Indian punchline" i strongly recommend to read. Mr. Bhadrakumar is definitely top class analyst , with years of experience in the diplomacy.

    Yep he's been writing about Russia-West, Russia-India, Russia-India-China relations for years over at http://www.atimes.com/
    Thoroughly recommend his articles.

    Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 914
    Points : 1082
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : India

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Sujoy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:48 am


    Alicia Muller May and Wayne May, the US diplomats expelled from India were not shy of making racist remarks about India and Indians on their Facebook pages, which have now been shut, but not before those remarks were captured . According to them their dogs are better fed than Indians.

    http://duckduckduckdoge.tumblr.com/

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Werewolf on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:38 am

    Sujoy wrote:
    Alicia Muller May and Wayne May, the US diplomats expelled from India were not shy of making racist remarks about India and Indians on their Facebook pages, which have now been shut, but not before those remarks were captured . According to them their dogs are better fed than Indians.

    http://duckduckduckdoge.tumblr.com/

    What you expect from a country that was raised to believe in "exceptionalism" of the american "race" how they call themselfs.

    Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 914
    Points : 1082
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : India

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Sujoy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:03 am

    Werewolf wrote:What you expect from a country that was raised to believe in "exceptionalism" of the american "race" how they call themselfs.

    According to the Russell Sage Foundation, an independent research institute Currently there are more than 50 million Americans
    facing hunger daily. Many of them starve to death, and local coroners routinely list their deaths as “natural causes”. The US has
    literally thrown these millions on the street.

    40 per cent of American workers in apparel, textile and repair services are paid less than the minimum wage. Worse, 41 per cent of
    minimum wage violations in the US are against maids and housekeepers.

    Not only is there a vested interest in keeping wages low, but because the vast majority affected by these slave wages belong to
    Hispanic and black communities, there is no tearing hurry to enact fair laws. Racial discrimination is thus one of the main causes of
    low wages in the US.

    Ice Man
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 13
    Points : 18
    Join date : 2014-01-27
    Location : The Great White Something

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Ice Man on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:22 am

    GarryB wrote:
    The Indian diplomat found it out and was therefore subsequently arrested by the New York police.

    And strip searched...

    So much for diplomatic immunity... of course hardly the first breach of international law by the US...

    Amusing that so much effort is being made to get India on side to turn them against Russia... this sort of thing should be brought up the next time someone complains about the relationship with Russia...

    I don't have diplomatic immunity, but something happened to me in Chicago. A very good looking woman wanted to search me. My reply was perhaps not the best one, but I am a wicked bastard. "if you want to conduct a body search, we need to go out for a dinner first" Not the best thing to say to the paranoid Americans.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Regular on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:13 am

    Ice Man wrote:
    GarryB wrote:
    The Indian diplomat found it out and was therefore subsequently arrested by the New York police.

    And strip searched...

    So much for diplomatic immunity... of course hardly the first breach of international law by the US...

    Amusing that so much effort is being made to get India on side to turn them against Russia... this sort of thing should be brought up the next time someone complains about the relationship with Russia...

    I don't have diplomatic immunity, but something happened to me in Chicago. A very good looking woman wanted to search me. My reply was perhaps not the best one, but I am a wicked bastard. "if you want to conduct a body search, we need to go out for a dinner first" Not the best thing to say to the paranoid Americans.  
    Let me guess, You got full cavity search after that?

    Ice Man
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 13
    Points : 18
    Join date : 2014-01-27
    Location : The Great White Something

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Ice Man on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:03 am

    Regular wrote:
    Ice Man wrote:
    GarryB wrote:
    The Indian diplomat found it out and was therefore subsequently arrested by the New York police.

    And strip searched...

    So much for diplomatic immunity... of course hardly the first breach of international law by the US...

    Amusing that so much effort is being made to get India on side to turn them against Russia... this sort of thing should be brought up the next time someone complains about the relationship with Russia...

    I don't have diplomatic immunity, but something happened to me in Chicago. A very good looking woman wanted to search me. My reply was perhaps not the best one, but I am a wicked bastard. "if you want to conduct a body search, we need to go out for a dinner first" Not the best thing to say to the paranoid Americans.  
    Let me guess, You got full cavity search after that?

    Let me put it like this; sometimes it is much better to be silent, which I have a problem with if I get the opportunity to say something. I am fucked up, I know, but no fun in behaving, right?

    Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1219
    Points : 1241
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 am

    I think Americans are panicking cause they are losing control. Comment on this.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15450
    Points : 16157
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  GarryB on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 am

    They are afraid of missing things that could be pointed to later as being potential clues that they should have followed up.

    If one asks what you have in your bag and you say a time bomb and they laugh it off they will have to explain why your bomb killed all those people.

    Think about the sort of ruthless people they are looking for... and when they don't know you they have to suspect you.

    I heard a story where a woman had her daughter at an airport and the child asked the mother why there were all the people with guns. The mother stated that they were there to stop bad people who might want to shoot other people or plant bombs. A customs official overheard the word bomb and went up to the lady and asked her to repeat what she said and when she said bomb again he had her arrested.

    This is of course petty... these officers should be after terrorists who of course will never admit to having a bomb let alone saying the word out loud in an airport.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    SSDD
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 19
    Points : 27
    Join date : 2013-10-26
    Location : Bharat

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  SSDD on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:44 am

    The whole thing happened due to US ignorance.

    Devyani is diplomat, and no diplomat can be arrested with judiciary order, US did not have it.

    Devyani signed the contact with her maid in India, so no reason to obey US ruled.

    Are Mexican immigrants who are working in US equally paid as per US law? No, is it not slavery?

    Lastly how US deals with it's own diplomats? 1 US national killed people in car crash in Pakistan, US immediately sought for diplomatic immunity, same happened in Kenya.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Allen_Davis_incident

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/08/02/diplomat-kenya-car-crash/2612229/

    What about justice here? angry angry 

    And US has some Indians origin people who are trying hard to look like a white instead of dark skinned Indian.

    RTN
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 185
    Points : 170
    Join date : 2014-03-24
    Location : Fairfield , CT

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  RTN on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:37 pm

    Sujoy wrote:
    Alicia Muller May and Wayne May, the US diplomats expelled from India were not shy of making racist remarks about India and Indians on their Facebook pages, which have now been shut, but not before those remarks were captured . According to them their dogs are better fed than Indians.

    http://duckduckduckdoge.tumblr.com/


    She reflects the majority attitude towards India .

    Most Americans wont say it to an Indian's face, but the embassy liason 's attitudes towards India are not uncommon in the US.

    India is not respected in America and is mostly known for call centers, starvation, silly  paganism.

    Oh ! and did I mention that you guys are stealing our jobs ?  Twisted Evil 

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15450
    Points : 16157
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  GarryB on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:31 am

    Oh ! and did I mention that you guys are stealing our jobs ?

    I for one welcome our new alien Indian overlords and hope they will have a comfortable stay.. Smile


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 914
    Points : 1082
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : India

    Racists in the US attack Indian spelling bee champion on social media

    Post  Sujoy on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:22 am

    Seems the hatred towards Indians in the US is reaching new heights . Last year it was a woman of Indian decent who received thousands of hate messages after she was crowned Miss USA and last week it was the turn of two students of Indian decent who were racially attacked on social media after they won the spelling bee championship .



    http://www.vox.com/2014/5/29/5763414/racists-attack-spelling-bee-contestants


    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:59 am

    Sujoy wrote:Seems the hatred towards Indians in the US is reaching new heights . Last year it was a woman of Indian decent who received thousands of hate messages after she was crowned Miss USA and last week it was the turn of two students of Indian decent who were racially attacked on social media after they won the spelling bee championship .



    http://www.vox.com/2014/5/29/5763414/racists-attack-spelling-bee-contestants


    Actually the trend of attacking Indian nationals really started to become popular when India turned down being a vassal state...errr I mean "military ally" of the United States in 2012, and countless media attacks and vilification attempts on the India diaspora followed not long after. I remember circa 2006 that the U.S. under George Bush wanted to bring India under it's wing, in the same year President Bush visited Kansas State University and gave a speech. During the Q & A session (mostly handpicked questions) one particular Indian student asked a relevant question to GW, and asked him why the U.S. had a ridiculous double standard on nuclear weapons. He wondered why the U.S. with thousands of nukes and the only country to use nukes in warfare, wanted to prevent any other country from having a 1 or 2 nukes but not drastically cutting U.S. nuclear forces. Bush completely dodged the question and went straight to mocking his heavy Indian accent, and all the neo-con rednecks (the political makeup of the entirety of the crowd) started to laugh at his "funny" accent.

    Don't you find that amazing?! Bush on one side of the world was cozying up to India and tried to be "cultured", but on the other side of the world (America) he liked to mock Indian students showing his true xenophobic, racist, atlanticist superemicist, chauvinist, jingoistic attitude. Alas there's some good news, demographics show that the neo-conservatives are dying off at an alarming rate, U.S. states like Florida and Texas are notoriously neo-con safe havens  which are now turning red to purple, and in 20 years racist neo-cons will be nothing more than a largely ignored, and discredited political minority with no serious power! Smile

    Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 914
    Points : 1082
    Join date : 2012-04-02
    Location : India

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Sujoy on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:16 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:Actually the trend of attacking Indian nationals really started to become popular when India turned down being a vassal state...errr I mean "military ally" of the United States in 2012, and countless media attacks and vilification attempts on the India diaspora followed not long after.

    Actually Anglo Saxons always had a profound hatred for India ( especially Hindus) because England never forgave India for breaking up it's once mighty empire .

    A majority of Americans feel cheated that their jobs are being outsourced to India . It's another thing that those outsourced jobs are absolutely menial .

    Popular TV shows in the US feed the perception that Indians are an uncivilized lot who enter the US illegally and now plan to occupy large parts of the country .

    So, it's a combination of all these factors that lead to racist attack against Indians in the US .

    A friend of mine who is a devout Catholic was once beaten and thrown in the highway because he had entered a Church somewhere in Mississippi .

    Sponsored content

    Re: US hostilities against Indian nationals

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:42 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:42 pm