Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+17
flamming_python
kvs
Cyberspec
max steel
Rmf
RTN
dino00
Kyo
Morpheus Eberhardt
Viktor
Sujoy
GarryB
xeno
coolieno99
George1
Arrow
Austin
21 posters

RS-26 Rubezh ICBM

Hole
    Hole

RS-26 Rubezh ICBM - Page 4 Empty Re: RS-26 Rubezh ICBM

Post  Hole Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:11 pm

There is also another factor. The Kinzahl is part one of the GZUR (hypersonic guided missile) project. They wanted a missile with a range of 1500 km and a Speed of M6. The result is much better. Part two should become a "strategic" Missile with a Speed of M12 and an undisclosed range. Let´s suppose they develop a missile with a range of 6000 km, than there would be no more need for the Rubezh. They could make an land-based starter and Keep the INF treaty intact.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:35 pm

By cancelling RS-26 Russia keeps its options open

A couple of weeks ago we got a word about the future of the RS-26 missile. According to the Russian media, the RS-26 program did not make it to the 2018-2027 State Armament Program as the priority was given to the Avangard project (which is known here as Project 4202). It may reappear again, of course, but probably not right away.

To recap, the missile was first tested in September 2011 (unsuccessfully) and in May 2012. A March 2015 report said that the missile was fully tested and ready for deployment. Being a "short" RS-24 Yars, RS-26 was by all indications an intermediate-range missile, which generated some controversy. I have it on good authority that Russia did declare RS-26 as a prototype of a new ICBM in New START, so it would have been covered by its provisions had it been deployed. Right now, though, it will remain in a limbo - as a prototype it doesn't really have a range. If we will get to the point of a clear collapse of the INF Treaty Russia could declare RS-26 as an intermediate-range missile that is not constrained by New START (or its successor).

http://russianforces.org/blog/2018/04/by_cancelling_rs-26_russia_kee.shtml

Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:14 pm

Perfect IRBM - Rubezh/Avangard combo Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3bN5YeiQs Very Happy
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Viktor wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3bN5YeiQs Very Happy

Thanks Viktor.... you made me spill my coffee all over my keyboard... Laughing

Very appropriate!!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:22 am

To recap, the missile was first tested in September 2011 (unsuccessfully) and in May 2012. A March 2015 report said that the missile was fully tested and ready for deployment. Being a "short" RS-24 Yars, RS-26 was by all indications an intermediate-range missile, which generated some controversy. I have it on good authority that Russia did declare RS-26 as a prototype of a new ICBM in New START, so it would have been covered by its provisions had it been deployed.

So effectively what he is saying is that he is a censored .

He says it has been tested and has been declared ready for deployment... they clearly know why the first test failed and sorted out the problem, and he then insinuates that the new missile is a small shorter ranged missile that is an IRBM which should therefore violate the INF treaty, but then says he has good sources to prove it is an ICBM and does not violate the INF treaty... what a tool.

Person x could be a child mollestor because he is male and all males are potential rapists, but according to good sources he is not in jail nor wanted for sex offenses... but his name is now coated in the mud I wanted to direct at him... mission accomplished.

The amusing thing is that with the ABM treaty abolished I seem to remember that a few of the things it banned included FOBs or fractional orbital bombardment systems.... ie launch something in to orbit but don't complete an entire orbit... deorbit over the target potentially from an unexpected direction... these new lighter smaller missiles might be intended to deliver warhead payloads to orbit so they can be rather smaller that a missile that has to fly all the way to the target...

Now they can fill it up with Excess payload weight and use it as a heavy IRBM... ie only intermediate range but lots of warheads per missile... great for covering europe and japan/SK with warheads quickly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm