Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Share
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4488
    Points : 4661
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:08 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Really good news.  I hope that eventually other areas of Russia will attend to building such technology as well.  There is a huge market for SSD's now and many are jumping at it.  I just think that Kaliningrad isn't necessarily safe for a huge portion of such civil technological development of Russia.

    Some more good news for you and kvs, "Kaspersky Lab" has released a protected industrial own microkernel OS, and for the record Kaspersky Lab is the only anti-virus protection company to get public verbal attacks by both the US and Chinese govt's (the 2 main cyber-warfare powers in the world) which lends much to their credibility!

    "Kaspersky Lab" has released a protected industrial own microkernel OS
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3147
    Points : 3270
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:35 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Really good news.  I hope that eventually other areas of Russia will attend to building such technology as well.  There is a huge market for SSD's now and many are jumping at it.  I just think that Kaliningrad isn't necessarily safe for a huge portion of such civil technological development of Russia.

    Some more good news for you and kvs, "Kaspersky Lab" has released a protected industrial own microkernel OS, and for the record Kaspersky Lab is the only anti-virus protection company to get public verbal attacks by both the US and Chinese govt's (the 2 main cyber-warfare powers in the world) which lends much to their credibility!

    "Kaspersky Lab" has released a protected industrial own microkernel OS


    Good stuff. No more STUXNET BS from the usual suspects.
    avatar
    medo

    Posts : 3221
    Points : 3307
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  medo on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:12 am

    This is excellent. Equipping with domestic computers with domestic chips without hiden back doors and with domestic protected OS is one of the best protections against NSA and CIA spies.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3147
    Points : 3270
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:57 am

    https://www.rt.com/news/356800-russia-plasma-computing-nanoparticle/


    250Gbps: Russian scientists aim to revolutionize computing with plasma-driven antennas

    A team of Russian physicists has found a way to tune silicon nanoparticles so they can process optical data at previously unattainable speed, paving the way for the creation of “ultracompact and ultrafast” processing devices.



    As I said elsewhere, Russia is hard core technology competition for NATO.
    avatar
    Project Canada

    Posts : 622
    Points : 627
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  Project Canada on Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:59 am

    kvs wrote:https://www.rt.com/news/356800-russia-plasma-computing-nanoparticle/


    250Gbps: Russian scientists aim to revolutionize computing with plasma-driven antennas

    A team of Russian physicists has found a way to tune silicon nanoparticles so they can process optical data at previously unattainable speed, paving the way for the creation of “ultracompact and ultrafast” processing devices.



    As I said elsewhere, Russia is hard core technology competition for NATO.  

    Indeed, i just hope they find effective ways to put these products to the market, make it a financial success, and continue to help revolutionize Russian high tech industry.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3147
    Points : 3270
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:08 am

    https://www.rt.com/news/357337-new-rocket-engine-test/

    Russia first to test clean pulse-detonation rocket engine

    In a breakthrough move, Russian scientists have become the first ever to successfully test a pulse-detonation rocket engine (PDRE) on clean fuel, claiming this will be the future of space travel.



    Way wicked cool!
    avatar
    Zivo

    Posts : 1491
    Points : 1521
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  Zivo on Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:42 am



    I bet when this thing starts it sounds like the gates of hell opening up.
    avatar
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1384
    Points : 1385
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  AlfaT8 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:06 pm

    kvs wrote:https://www.rt.com/news/357337-new-rocket-engine-test/

    Russia first to test clean pulse-detonation rocket engine

    In a breakthrough move, Russian scientists have become the first ever to successfully test a pulse-detonation rocket engine (PDRE) on clean fuel, claiming this will be the future of space travel.



    Way wicked cool!

    Can someone explain to me the significance of the breakthrough, i don't see what all the hoopla's about?
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4488
    Points : 4661
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:46 pm

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    kvs wrote:https://www.rt.com/news/357337-new-rocket-engine-test/

    Russia first to test clean pulse-detonation rocket engine

    In a breakthrough move, Russian scientists have become the first ever to successfully test a pulse-detonation rocket engine (PDRE) on clean fuel, claiming this will be the future of space travel.



    Way wicked cool!

    Can someone explain to me the significance of the breakthrough, i don't see what all the hoopla's about?

    kvs has given an explanation in another thread:

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t4834p150-russia-space-news-and-discussion-2#173499

    ...Basically PDE tech gives humanity the basic buildings blocks for creating ground-to-space ships like you see in science fiction, which under normal means is virtually impossible. BTW this is proof that "Russia doesn't make anything...and suffering from brain-drain" lol!
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3147
    Points : 3270
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:48 am

    http://www.sozvezdie.su/news/archive1/v_sozvezdii_sozdali_tranzistor_s/

    The Russian concern Sozvezdii has developed a very low distortion "linear" transistor. The press release is
    obscure but this video gives an idea of the problem being addressed:



    The new transistor stays in the linear regime of the simple linear amplifier circuit to a much higher degree
    than existing models. It will enable simpler and thus more compact designs of equipment for electronic
    warfare and civilian uses.

    avatar
    Project Canada

    Posts : 622
    Points : 627
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  Project Canada on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:31 am




    Moscow to scrap Microsoft Outlook on Putin's call to use domestic software

    Authorities in the Russian capital plan to substitute US computer software with locally produced alternatives. As a first step, about 6,000 Moscow officials will start using a corporate e-mail system called MyOffice Mail instead of Microsoft Outlook.

    An idea to get rid of foreign software from computers used by Russian authorities was backed by President Vladimir Putin due to his security concerns after the relationship between Moscow and the West deteriorated over Ukrainian crisis.

    In March, the Russian President said that starting from the second half of 2016; all state-backed companies should switch to Russian software. If public authorities want to buy foreign software, they must first consult with a special registry and make sure that there are no similar Russian products. If there are Russian alternatives, authorities will have to explain why Russian software doesn’t suit their needs.

    Next year, Moscow wants to expand the software substitution developed by Russian company New Cloud Technologies to as many as 600,000 machines, said Artem Yermolaev, head of information technology at the Russian telecoms operator Rostelecom. Microsoft Windows and Office may be abolished later on, Yermolaev added.

    According to the Minister of Communications and Mass Media Nikolay Nikiforov, Russia spends about 20 billion rubles (over $300 million) every year on foreign software, while local companies are ready to provide the government with similar IT solutions.

    https://www.rt.com/business/360821-microsoft-outlook-moscow-government/

    I've been reading the comments section and theres alot of interesting inputs from people, I agree that Russia should not limit this computer localization to softwares only but should also pursue development of their locally built operating system (one commenter suggested that even Linux proramming language is compromised by US intel services) and computer parts/ components.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5538
    Points : 5579
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  Militarov on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:31 am

    Project Canada wrote:


    Moscow to scrap Microsoft Outlook on Putin's call to use domestic software

    Authorities in the Russian capital plan to substitute US computer software with locally produced alternatives. As a first step, about 6,000 Moscow officials will start using a corporate e-mail system called MyOffice Mail instead of Microsoft Outlook.

    An idea to get rid of foreign software from computers used by Russian authorities was backed by President Vladimir Putin due to his security concerns after the relationship between Moscow and the West deteriorated over Ukrainian crisis.

    In March, the Russian President said that starting from the second half of 2016; all state-backed companies should switch to Russian software. If public authorities want to buy foreign software, they must first consult with a special registry and make sure that there are no similar Russian products. If there are Russian alternatives, authorities will have to explain why Russian software doesn’t suit their needs.

    Next year, Moscow wants to expand the software substitution developed by Russian company New Cloud Technologies to as many as 600,000 machines, said Artem Yermolaev, head of information technology at the Russian telecoms operator Rostelecom. Microsoft Windows and Office may be abolished later on, Yermolaev added.

    According to the Minister of Communications and Mass Media Nikolay Nikiforov, Russia spends about 20 billion rubles (over $300 million) every year on foreign software, while local companies are ready to provide the government with similar IT solutions.

    https://www.rt.com/business/360821-microsoft-outlook-moscow-government/

    I've been reading the comments section and theres alot of interesting inputs from people, I agree that Russia should not limit this computer localization to softwares only but should also pursue development of their locally built operating system (one commenter suggested that even Linux proramming language is compromised by US intel services) and computer parts/ components.

    http://astra-linux.ru

    Linux can be turned into fortress, its used by US Navy, US Army, National Guard, White House, German gov, Chinese supercomputers run on it, French police, NASA, CERN...

    par far

    Posts : 1459
    Points : 1618
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    14 Cutting edge firms funded by the CIA

    Post  par far on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:08 pm

    These are some very cutting edge things that that CIA is funding, does Russia have any of these technologies?



    https://southfront.org/14-cutting-edge-firms-funded-by-the-cia/


    avatar
    Project Canada

    Posts : 622
    Points : 627
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  Project Canada on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:25 pm

    par far wrote:These are some very cutting edge things that that CIA is funding, does Russia have any of these technologies?



    https://southfront.org/14-cutting-edge-firms-funded-by-the-cia/




    I hope Skolkovo innovation center can create similar companies in the near future, meanwhile i guess it wouldn't hurt if Russia copies these technologies straight from the hard work of these CIA lackeys Twisted Evil

    par far

    Posts : 1459
    Points : 1618
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  par far on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:29 pm

    Project Canada wrote:
    par far wrote:These are some very cutting edge things that that CIA is funding, does Russia have any of these technologies?



    https://southfront.org/14-cutting-edge-firms-funded-by-the-cia/




    I hope Skolkovo innovation center can create similar companies in the near future, meanwhile i guess it wouldn't  hurt if Russia  copies these  technologies  straight  from the hard work of these CIA lackeys Twisted Evil


    Very true, Russia needs these kinds of things.
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2149
    Points : 2250
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  higurashihougi on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:15 am

    https://www.rt.com/news/361581-high-entropy-alloy-improved/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

    Researchers in Russia and Ukraine have found a way to improve a remarkable alloy consisting of five different metals that has properties impossible to achieve when producing traditional alloys.
    avatar
    Project Canada

    Posts : 622
    Points : 627
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  Project Canada on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:21 am




    Putin to discuss technology development strategy at Science Council session



    "The availability of own advanced technologies is a key factor to sovereignty and security of the state and to the competitiveness of Russian companies", Putin said



    MOSCOW, November 23. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin is expected to chair a meeting of the Council for Science and Education that will consider a draft strategy for development of science and technologies in Russia, the Kremlin press service said.
    "President Putin issued an instruction for drafting the strategy in July 2015," the press service recalled.

    "The Ministry of Science and Education was responsible for the job on the part of the government while the Center for Strategic Developments foundation provided the analytical backup," the press release said.
    "Researchers, business executives, experts from innovative development institutes, specialists from civil society, and government officials contributed to the drafting process," it said.

    More than 200 members of the expert community helped develop the document.
    "The Council for Science and Education gave the go-ahead to the concept and submitted it to the government," the report said.

    The Council discussed its drafting on a number of occasions but President Putin said at a session in January 2016 it was to be ready some time during the autumn.
    "We must finalize the long-term strategy by this coming autumn," he said. ‘Simultaneously, well-specified practical instruments for its implementation should be devised, too, in order to help take account of the global tendencies and challenges and to offer up-to-the-point reactions to the demands that society and the economy make for novel technologies, scientific knowledge, and educational competences."

    "The task has a momentous character, as the availability of own advanced technologies is a key factor to sovereignty and security of the state and to the competitiveness of Russian companies, as well as an important prerequisite for economic growth and for the raising of people’s living standards," Putin said.

    http://tass.com/science/914032

    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1570
    Points : 1608
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:05 am

    Militarov wrote:

    http://astra-linux.ru

    Linux can be turned into fortress, its used by US Navy, US Army, National Guard, White House, German gov, Chinese supercomputers run on it, French police, NASA, CERN...

    White House or US army have noo fears form NSA but Russia & China should. Os for Russia must be developed only by own resources. Kaspersky/Yandex/dr.Web could join consortium. Can have linux emulators/containers but noeve based on code developed under US authorities.

    Open-BSD has FBI backdoors installed says IDG
    http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=63067


    Linux.BackDoor.Gates.5
    https://vms.drweb.ru/virus/?i=3942018

    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3147
    Points : 3270
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:48 pm



    Russian exoskeleton development entering maintstream medicine. This is rather serious progress for a country
    which can't weld a couple of steel plates together.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1391
    Points : 1391
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  miketheterrible on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:52 am

    Rosa linux is used by Russian authorities and various bodies. A fairly large and powerful Linux is.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3147
    Points : 3270
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:49 pm

    Mods: please delete null content posts in this thread.

    https://youtu.be/Lo5LGhWENYM

    Nuclear reactor control panels being manufactured in Russia.   They are explicitly designed not to use
    processors and software for 100% reliability and minimum signal lag.  

    There are a few wankers on this forum that would use these panels as evidence of Russian technological  inferiority.
    Since their internet troll "expertise" is based on brain dead conclusions (e.g. clump of wires --> ICs) and not on actual
    understanding of the function of these devices.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1391
    Points : 1391
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  miketheterrible on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:33 am

    http://rostec.ru/news/4519778

    Ruselectronics has developed its own varactors
    The holding company has mastered the import substituting production of semiconductor diodes

    Ruselectronics began to produce varactors Russian production to replace imported articles, used in the Russian electronic equipment.

    In Tomsk Institute of semiconductor devices (NIIPP) of the holding company Ruselectronics developed silicon and GaAs varactors. According to their electrical parameters (capacitance, the overlap factor), they are not inferior to foreign analogues, and in some ways surpass them. In particular, the Russian GaAs devices have better performance on quality factor: its value reaches 1000 or more at a frequency of 50 MHz.

    NIIPP developed the varactors in two versions – for the attachment and surface mounting. Institute engineers have changed the approach to the design and production of epitaxial structures, thereby reducing the manufacturing process of the varactors to increase the reproducibility of the parameters and the yield rate of products.

    New design GaAs varactors are protected by Russian patent.

    For the developments of NIIPP has received the National award in the field of import substitution "Priority 2016" in the category "electronics".

    A varicap is a semiconductor diode that changes its capacitance proportional to the reverse applied voltage from a few to hundreds of picofarads. The varactors are convenient because, applying a constant bias voltage, can be remotely and almost bezynertsionnoj to change their capacity. The varactors are used for frequency tuning resonant circuits and filters, amplification and generation of microwave signal and locked loop.

    NIIPP is one of the leading Russian developers and manufacturers of devices on the gallium arsenide has technological lines for silicon, III-V compounds, in-house production of photomasks and epitaxial structures, a wide range of measuring equipment.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3147
    Points : 3270
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:06 am

    http://earth-chronicles.com/science/russian-chemists-found-a-replacement-for-platinum-in-fuel-cells.html

    Oh my those Russian untermenschen have gone and done it again. From the giant gas station and the country
    that "does not make anything":




    Chemists from the Novosibirsk state University (NSU), and Institute of inorganic chemistry SB RAS got a solid solution of cobalt and iridium — new compound that can serve as a catalyst in various fuel cells, replacing expensive platinum.

    The University explained that fuel cells are highly efficient (50%) and unlimited time of usage with a continuous supply of fuel and oxidizer. However, for the proceeding of the reactions at the electrodes required a catalyst. Broad dissemination as a catalyst got platinum, but it has disadvantages, and the cost of the electrodes with platinum exceeds 70% of the entire fuel cell.

    Iridium on average two times cheaper than platinum. By adding into solution of base metal of cobalt, the cost of the catalyst is further reduced. In addition, manifests a synergistic effect — the efficiency of the catalyst increases due to merging of separate parts into a single system. Cobalt-iridium alloy works the same as platinum, and we have the same efficiency but with lower cost and longer service life, — explained the employee of laboratory of synthesis and physico-chemical studies of new composite catalysts NSU Eugene Filatov.

    As said the scientist, usually a solid solution of metals is obtained by homogenization of chips until a homogeneous mass with high temperatures, with further grinding. The operation is repeated as many times as necessary until the completion of the mutual diffusion of metal atoms. However, this method is time consuming and IIC SB RAS use thermolysis of double complex salts of metals that allows to speed up the process from months to a few hours.

    Not only a new and better performing material but also a new method to manufacture it.

    avatar
    Project Canada

    Posts : 622
    Points : 627
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 29
    Location : Canada

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  Project Canada on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:52 am

    Russian government establishes fund for IT development

    http://tass.com/economy/927588
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3147
    Points : 3270
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  kvs on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:29 pm

    http://rostec.ru/news/4519847

    RosElectronika has developed a BluRay replacement with a storage capacity of 1 Terabyte and read speed of
    12 Gigabits per second. BluRay stores 50 Gigabytes and has a read speed of 576 Megabits per second.

    The optical recording medium has between 40 and 60 recording layers and uses organic molecules, chromones,
    with special optical characteristics to store the data.

    --------------------


    Oops, dem mud hut dwellers gone done it again.

    It is now obvious that the Soviet system held Russia back, big time. At some stage it was useful but by the 1970s it was
    a pair of concrete blocks tied to the ankles. All the racist western perception of Russia is based on the past limitations
    of the Soviet system. The racist west does not have a clue with what it is dealing now.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Νew Technologies and Innovation Development in Russia

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:06 am