Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Arctic rush

    Share

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1923
    Points : 1963
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Arctic rush

    Post  franco on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:20 pm

    Construction of two Northern bases near completion.

    http://en.ria.ru/military/20160731/1043810910/russia-arctic-northern-fleet.html

    Singular_Transform
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 165
    Points : 167
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Re: Arctic rush

    Post  Singular_Transform on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:32 pm

    The arctic ice cap melting today.

    Actually the ice sheet is extremely small compared to anything.

    AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1164
    Points : 1177
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: Arctic rush

    Post  AlfaT8 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:40 pm

    I was gonna post this on the propaganda thread, but it had so much info on this thread's topic, that i decided to post it here.



    The foreboding background music is just creepy.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2616
    Points : 2747
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Arctic rush

    Post  kvs on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:52 am

    AlfaT8 wrote:I was gonna post this on the propaganda thread, but it had so much info on this thread's topic, that i decided to post it here.

    pbrKLnh8wLA

    The foreboding background music is just creepy.

    Russia developing its own EEZ and making shelf claims on precedents set by the USA. "Ambition".

    This sort of whiny demonization is motivated by the fact that the whiners wanted to develop Russia's
    resources by hook or by crook. They probably thought that Russia was going to remain too weak to
    defend its economic rights in the Arctic. They are also jealous that Russia ended up with most of the
    potential and actual oil and gas resources. The Siberian shelf is where these fossil fuels are and not in
    the metamorphic Arctic Ocean basin and not in most of the Canada's, Denmark's (Greenland) and American
    EEZ.

    Since NATO has zero chance to rip Russia off, it will use Greenpeace and other "NGOs" to engage in economic
    sabotage. Greenpeace already staged on such attack which turned into a big stink when their ship and crew
    were arrested.

    Singular_Transform
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 165
    Points : 167
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Re: Arctic rush

    Post  Singular_Transform on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:58 am




    No comment.

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3521
    Points : 3568
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Arctic rush

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:42 am

    Agnia Grigas ‏@AgniaGrigas 29 Dec 2016

    Interesting map illustrating the scope of #Russia's rapid #militarization of the #Arctic.



    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2616
    Points : 2747
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Arctic rush

    Post  kvs on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:24 am

    JohninMK wrote:Agnia Grigas ‏@AgniaGrigas 29 Dec 2016

    Interesting map illustrating the scope of #Russia's rapid #militarization of the #Arctic.


    pbs.twimg.com/media/C0152tUUAAABQyI.jpg


    In Canada the term is asserting sovereignty and not "militarization". Russia is free to build any military outpost it pleases
    on its sovereign territory. The use of the term "militarization" is propaganda spin to smear Russia as engaging in wrong doing.
    BS. It demonstrates that the propagandists have ambitions regarding Russia's Arctic resources and territory. Russia is
    doing the proper thing and making sure that these ambitious foreigners are held in check. This response pattern has been
    there throughout the history of the world. Including in the precious west.

    JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3521
    Points : 3568
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Arctic rush

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:21 pm

    kvs wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Agnia Grigas ‏@AgniaGrigas 29 Dec 2016

    Interesting map illustrating the scope of #Russia's rapid #militarization of the #Arctic.


    pbs.twimg.com/media/C0152tUUAAABQyI.jpg


    In Canada the term is asserting sovereignty and not "militarization".   Russia is free to build any military outpost it pleases
    on its sovereign territory.    The use of the term "militarization" is propaganda spin to smear Russia as engaging in wrong doing.
    BS.   It demonstrates that the propagandists have ambitions regarding Russia's Arctic resources and territory.    Russia is
    doing the proper thing and making sure that these ambitious foreigners are held in check.   This response pattern has been
    there throughout the history of the world.   Including in the precious west.    
    Especially in the days of the European colonialists who operated on the basis of 'once we've grabbed it its ours' massively assisted by the advanced technology of the day and the Industrial Revolution.

    The World is still suffering the consequences but, as you say, Russia is a different ballgame. No innocent natives there Smile

    Sponsored content

    Re: Arctic rush

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:53 pm


      Current date/time is Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:53 pm