Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian SAM Systems Exports Thread

mack8

If i may switch the discussion in another direction for a minute gentlemen. I found this on bmpd:

Post  mack8 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:47 pm

If i may switch the discussion in another direction for a minute gentlemen. I found this on bmpd:
    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1780411.html#comments

Now, as you can see in the comments peoples think the S-300V tubes are for Egypt or Venezuela. However Egypt's SAMs are as far as i know all sand colour, and in fact we did saw  a sand coloured S-300VM last year (but i guess it is possible they might have changed their minds about what cammo they want). Venezuela's S-300VM are dark green. The cammo in these pics though looks  iranian style! See for instance their parades, various vehicles have very similar cammo, including their Raad/Tabas SAM. Could these  9M83s be iranian?! On the other hand, just read couple more pieces in the never ending iranian S-300 saga, either allenging that actually there is no contract yet (this from an iranian source apparently), just an MOU, or alternatively, while there is a contract, there is still a dispute about payment.

So, who are those S-300Vs for ? Are the pictures indeed from February 2016?

Last edited by mack8 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

sheytanelkebir

Re: Russian SAM Systems Exports Thread

Post  sheytanelkebir on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:05 am

That colour scheme could be for anyone. Could be Syria, Iraq, Iran Algeria or even Egypt if they intend to deploy in the Nile delta area. It does remind me of Iraqi pantsir colours though.
    mack8

Post  mack8 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:10 am

Hi Sheytan,

Now that you mention it, indeed the cammo resembles the iraqi Pantsir one. Guess we have to wait and see.
    George1

Post  George1 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Russia's air defense system Tor-E2 can be interfaced with NATO air defense standards

Russia will soon offer its foreign customers the newest air defense system Tor-E2 which can be integrated with NATO standards-based air defenses

MOSCOW, August 9. /TASS/. Russia will soon offer its foreign customers the newest air defense system Tor-E2 which can be integrated with NATO standards-based air defenses, Russia’s arms exporter Rosoboronexport (an affiliate of Rostec) told the media on Thursday.

"The possibility of interfacing Tor-E2 with any of the existing air defense systems, including those based on NATO standards, will considerably expand its export potential. A battery of four combat vehicles will have an attached command center responsible for control and coordination of Tor combat vehicles and their interaction with the control system of the customer’s air defenses," Rosoboronexport said.

Tor-E2, developed and produced by the air and space defense corporation Almaz-Antey, has retained the best qualities possessed by the Tor family and has become a still more powerful weapon providing protection from any modern air attack means.

"It is not accidental that many foreign customers in different parts of the world have taken interest in it. Its unique combat capabilities and technical parameters are superior to those of a majority counterparts on the world market. In terms of mobility and endurance it has no equals," the company’s CEO Alexander Mikheyev said. "Rosoboronexport is prepared for considering requests for these systems from its partners."

Tor-E2 is capable of destroying planes, helicopters and cruise and anti-radar and other guided missiles. Also, it effectively eliminates the combat elements of smart weapons, such as glide and guided air bombs as well as drones. It operates amid intensive fire and radio-electronic countermeasures in any weather round the clock. Each combat vehicle is armed with 16 missiles, twice as many as the previous version of the Tor system.

"Rosoboronexport is prepared to present exhaustive information about the air defense system Tor-E2 at the forthcoming military-technological forum Army-2018. We hope to see foreign guests’ great attention to other new air defense products from Almaz-Antey, too," Mikheyev added.

More:
    http://tass.com/defense/1016681

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:57 pm