ROE: secret "Almaty was" a tower in the desert
MOSCOW, Sept. 23 - RIA Novosti. main feature of the new generation of Russian tank "Armata" will desert tower, placing the crew in bronekapsuly and maximum automation of management, said in an interview with RIA Novosti deputy general director of Rosoboronexport Igor Sevastyanov.
The newest tank "Armata" will be shown in the exhibition closed at the IX International Exhibition of Arms, Military Equipment and Ammunition Russia Arms Expo-2013 (RAE-2013).
Chairman DOSAAF General retired colonel Sergey Maev
General Maev: tank "Armata" will shoot missiles
"Due to the secrecy of development, it should be a private screening, and talk about the specific characteristics of the new generation tank prematurely. <...> The main features of the combat vehicle of the future - the desert tower, bronekapsuly for the crew accommodation of ammunition outside the location of people, automation and control warfare "- said Sevastiyanov.
He noted that to date, "Armata" - a single platform for the heavy armored vehicles, constructed in a modular fashion.
That it will be at the heart of the new tank, fire support vehicles, armored recovery vehicle, engineering machinery obstacle clearing and clearance, heavy flamethrower cars, armored vehicle launched bridges and other equipment.
Interview with Deputy General Director of "Rosoboronexport" Igor Sevastyanov
- Igor O., on Russia Arms EXPO 2013 is expected to demonstrate a prototype main battle tank of the new generation, "Armata". What are the features of this machine?
- Because of the secrecy of development, it should be a private screening, and talk about the specific characteristics of the new generation tank prematurely. The main features of the combat vehicle of the future - the desert tower, bronekapsuly for the crew accommodation of ammunition outside the location of people, automation and control warfare. "Armata" - a single, unified platform for heavy armored vehicles, constructed in a modular fashion. That it will be at the heart of the new tank, fire support vehicles, armored recovery vehicle, engineering machinery obstacle clearing and clearance, heavy flamethrower cars, armored vehicle launched bridges and other equipment.
- More recently, the Russian defense industry companies are allowed to present at international trade fairs not only samples of their products for military purposes, but also R & D (research and development activities). Why is that?
- Yes, but it is only about Russian exhibitions. Previously, this was not. This is a new and very promising level of cooperation not only with Russia, but also with foreign partners. It happens that the company has ideas, but no money to implement them. A partnership with foreign customers will help to solve this problem. But we are not talking about scientific and technological developments related to the proliferation of missile technology, nuclear weapons, weapons of mass destruction.
- What is the Russian equipment presented at the IX International Exhibition Russia Arms EXPO 2013 is in demand on the world arms market?
- First of all - it's the upgraded T-90C (now it is more often referred to as T-90ms). Keeping the best qualities of its predecessor (MBT T-90), it is the basic combat, tactical and technical characteristics and performance far exceeded the basic model. It features a new combat tower module, advanced chassis and has increased protection. This tank has proved to be excellent in terms of high combat efficiency, exceptional reliability and easy maintenance. We hope that in the near future T-90ms will be one of the most sought-after in the world.
- Now "Rosoboronexport" is actively promoting the global arms market fighting vehicle fire support BMPT. What are its characteristics?
- This is a completely new type of combat vehicle. Foreign military are not yet familiar with its actual use, and do not know all of its features. And here, at the site in Nizhny Tagil, it will appear in all its glory and power. BMPT has a modern set of weapons to fight the living power of the enemy, the suppression of anti-tank weapons, the destruction of well-protected, as well as low-flying targets before they take effect. During its firepower and combat effectiveness, it was nicknamed "The Terminator."
- What other trends are expected?
- Another unique machine - upgraded BMP-3 (BMP-3M). She retained all the benefits of a basic model, but has become more mobile, and thanks to an improved fire control system, capable of even more productively identify targets and to deliver fire at long range and high speeds. BMP-3M combines the functions of a fighter tanks, combat support vehicles and transport infantry, allowing to achieve a greater impact fewer machines. From the combination of the properties of Russian combat infantry fighting vehicle surpasses the best foreign models. It has amphibious, transportability all modes of transport. No other infantry fighting vehicle does not have these characteristics. These properties are evaluated on the merits of the army over the world, so the export BMP-3M and naval modification of BMP-3F has hundreds of units.
- Heavy flamethrower system TOS-1A already enjoyed success among the foreign customers?
- TOS-1A purchased several countries. It is designed to provide fire support to combat units. The composition of TOS-1A consists of three war machines: BM-1 with a launcher (pack of 24 guide tubes for rockets) and two transport-loading vehicle (TLV-T). All equipment is mounted on tank chassis. An important feature of the TOS-1A - high accuracy and automated testing of angles of sight. Fighting machine TOS-1A participated in actual combat, and is already in service with the armies of several countries.
- What small arms and close combat will be able to see the visitors to the exhibition in Nizhny Tagil?
- Various modifications of the famous Kalashnikov assault rifle, including the "hundredth" series, a high-performance machine guns "Cord" and "Pecheneg" sniper rifles SVD and SIDS. Exhibitors will also be able to evaluate the strength and accuracy of the Russian 50-mm grenade CSG-50 and 30-mm RGS-33 antitank grenade launcher RPG-29, to ensure the efficiency of jet infantry flamethrower "Bumblebee" and "Boer". Presents current development of special weapons for use in urban environments, can help to minimize civilian casualties, hostages, and special forces, as well as to minimize the destruction of material objects.
- What will be presented to Russia Arms EXPO 2013 car number?
- First of all - it is a series of military trucks "Kamaz". New features of these machines - increased thrust, increased margin of safety of the assembly, light steering, reliable brakes and comfortable cabin. These qualities have allowed the military to assign a family of "KamAZ" the highest category of quality, it was appreciated by foreign customers. Only during the period 2004-2011 in Qatar, Bahrain, Yemen, Syria, has sold more than a thousand of these vehicles. Now consider the possibility of creating an assembly production of "KAMAZ" in Cuba, where output will be 500 vehicles per year. Similar projects are being studied and other countries. "KamAZ" continues to increase production as military and civilian vehicles, and increasing the export potential of the company.
- A well-known "Ural"?
- Cars multipurpose family "Ural" is specifically designed as army trucks for the most extreme operating conditions. They stand in the armies of more than 40 countries and all have established themselves as the standard cross, endurance and reliability. Different types of troops used more than 400 items of special equipment and weapons, which is installed on the chassis of the "Ural", because of its capacity from 6 to 25 tons, and the weight of the towed trailer - from 4 to 60 tons.
- How interesting foreign partners "Rosoboronexport" multi-purpose armored vehicle family "Tiger"?
- The fact that the armored car "Tiger" adopted for use by the Ministry of Defence and the Interior Troops of Russia, speaks volumes. Potential buyers from abroad and actively eyeing purchase this technique. "Rosoboronexport" has delivered already in 10 countries.
- What is the export potential of the special armored vehicle VPK-3924 SPM-3 "Bear" ?
- In my opinion, very high. She has just completed a series of state tests, but this car has a state contract and receives appeals from foreign partners. "Bear" is able to successfully solve a wide range of special tasks in different environments due to relatively high indices of security, cross-country and reserve. It can be mounted various weapons and equipment, and landing (7-8 fully-equipped fighters, not including the driver and the vehicle commander) may use personal weapons firing through loopholes.
- In recent years, the armies of the leading countries has significantly increased the role of automation and communication. The exhibition in Nizhny Tagil n redstavleny new Russian developments. What is it?
- Effective management of military action is necessary to ensure reliable and protected against unauthorized access by means of automation and communications personnel, sergeants and officers. To solve this problem is developed and put into production a uniform set of soldier - adapted to fighting smart phone and tablet. Tests have shown that it is able to meet the most exacting demands and requirements. It allows you to fully integrate the military into a single system automation, control and communications department, platoon, company, effectively carry out combat missions.
- A biathlon competitions Tank - is an element of the new marketing strategy of "Rosoboronexport"?
- Tank biathlon opens up new horizons for the demonstration of combat power, and endurance running capabilities of modern armored vehicles, it is interesting to potential foreign customers.
- Will it be something in the relationship between Russia and India in the purchase and sale of weapons after an explosion on a submarine Indian Navy, which was made in Russia?
- Russia is ready to help India in building national naval forces. This may be a repair and modernization of the extension of the operational life of the Russian-made submarines, Russia also plans to put its latest development - the submarine Amur-1650 to participate in the Indian tender for the purchase of six new diesel-electric submarines.
- Activities of "Rosoboronexport" is associated with export supplies of Russian military products. But then import weapons - also your scope. To what extent, and that buys "Rosoboronexport" for our country?
- Total imports of arms compared to exports is low. One of the largest suppliers in the Russian military-technical cooperation is France. At the end of last year, according to the Defense Ministry, Russian defense products purchased in France in the amount of 118.6 million euros (156 million dollars). The maximum amount of volume of Russian orders came in 2011, when a contract was signed for the construction of two Russian amphibious assault ships.