Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+73
lancelot
limb
Broski
TMA1
GarryB
jhelb
Arkanghelsk
lyle6
AzMann
Kiko
mnztr
Tai Hai Chen
Hole
owais.usmani
dino00
d_taddei2
Rodion_Romanovic
Austin
Tsavo Lion
william.boutros
AMCXXL
LMFS
marat
miketheterrible
Gomig-21
Admin
Isos
George1
fragmachine
JohninMK
zg18
Prince Darling
ExBeobachter1987
Hachimoto
PapaDragon
sheytanelkebir
Vann7
Zivo
max steel
medo
GunshipDemocracy
Kyo
Book.
Cyberspec
Russian Patriot
xeno
rambo54
house200888
AlfaT8
Mike E
Amir_Pharaoh
G Bob
mutantsushi
Morpheus Eberhardt
iraqidabab
Flyboy77
SOC
sepheronx
nemrod
magnumcromagnon
Anas Ali
Werewolf
mack8
TR1
TheArmenian
ahmedfire
NationalRus
flamming_python
Viktor
Elsarof
Palestinian
redmotor
nightcrawler
77 posters

Russia - Egypt military contracts

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 9 Empty Re: Russia - Egypt military contracts

Post  flamming_python Mon May 25, 2015 2:05 pm

house200888 wrote:
    Flyboy77 wrote:Good news if it turns out to be true. We'll have to wait till its confirmed though. The amount of reports about the MiG-29M/35 getting exported over the past years that never materialised is quiet a lot.

What is the difference between MIG-29M and MIG-35 apart from the AESA radar?

3D TVC

Probably some other things
    Flyboy77
    Flyboy77

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 9 Empty Re: Russia - Egypt military contracts

Post  Flyboy77 Mon May 25, 2015 4:56 pm

house200888 wrote:
    Flyboy77 wrote:Good news if it turns out to be true. We'll have to wait till its confirmed though. The amount of reports about the MiG-29M/35 getting exported over the past years that never materialised is quiet a lot.

Its hard to say really because the MiG-35 has been in continuous development since about 2008. At some point it was meant to have a redesigned airframe with larger wings that came with 5 hard points and different vertical tail stabiliser. Though that plan seem to have been abandoned. We'll have to wait and see what comes out of the R&D project that was signed with the RuAF not long ago. At the very least you can expect it to be able to carry new generation of weapons that are being developed and have more advance avionic package which includes the AESA Radar.

Recently we've also seen MiG-29 Bort 747 testing a new targeting pod and other sensors that can be attached on the air-intake near the rear landing gear.
    house200888

Post  house200888 Mon May 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Flyboy77 wrote:
    house200888 wrote:

Its hard to say really because the MiG-35 has been in continuous development since about 2008. At some point it was meant to have a redesigned airframe with larger wings that came with 5 hard points and different vertical tail stabiliser. Though that plan seem to have been abandoned. We'll have to wait and see what comes out of the R&D project that was signed with the RuAF not long ago. At the very least you can expect it to be able to carry new generation of weapons that are being developed and have more advance avionic package which includes the AESA Radar.

Recently we've also seen MiG-29 Bort 747 testing a new targeting pod and other sensors that can be attached on the air-intake near the rear landing gear.

In fact the first batch of 30 russian MIG-35 will not have AESA radar

" 19/02/2015
    MiG-35s for the Russian Air Force in the future will be equipped with radars with active phased array antenna (APAA), but the first batch prepared by conventional radar. This was announced by TASS first deputy general director and general designer of the corporation "Fazotron-NIIR" (included in KRET) Yuri Guskov at "Aero India 2015". He recalled that in 2010 the company developed the technology AESA and radar demonstrator with a grid was installed on the MiG-35, participated in the Indian tender MMRCA, who won the French "Rafale". "There (MiG-35) was the demonstrator radar AFAR reviews and Indian pilots were the most good. Our radar has not received virtually no comment, and its design has been recommended to all of our competitors who have participated in this tender ", - said Andrei. According to him, the first batch of about 30 MiG-35 Russian Air Force will receive no radar AFAR. "The purpose of the RAC" MiG "- get the order of the Defense Ministry, to deliver MiG-35s in series and in parallel to carry out development work with a view to starting, presumably, from the 30th to put the aircraft already has a radar AFAR" - he said Agency. TASS "

" 05.13.2015
    The company "Fazotron-NIIR" does not stop work on the modernization of on-board station "Zhuk-M", which is designed to be installed on the MiG-29 and MiG-35, MIC reported, citing a source in the defense industry. "Modernization of the onboard radar" Zhuk-M "is carried out in terms of improving the software, which will provide new radar modes when working on land and sea targets", - said the source. According to a source, "the radar is mounted on the deck fighters MiG-29K and will be installed on the first serial MiG-35." He also recalled that the stations "Zhuk-ME" (export performance) equipped with deck MiG-29K / KUB supplied to India. topwar.ru"

http://bastion-karpenko.ru/mig-35/

Last edited by house200888 on Mon May 25, 2015 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Mon May 25, 2015 6:03 pm

Russia's Landmark $2 Bln. Deal with Egypt for MiG Fighter Jets

Russia’s MiG-29s are likely to replace [Egypt's] aging fleet of MiG-21s and Chinese J-7s.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/world/20150525/1022532899.html#ixzz3bAPERZHq
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Mon May 25, 2015 11:24 pm

in response to Saudi I gather

Unfortunately, these days Sisi chose to cast his lot with the perfidous KSA, so personally i'm wary, i don't know what kind of games they are playing over there, but anyone casting his lot with despicable scum like KSA and the GCC cannot expect a lot of sympathy.

If there are some big contracts indeed signed for MiGs, helos etc. then very good for Russia's MIC, but until the egyptian leadership distances itself from the path they have taken now, i would be on guard for anything considering the KSA scum are enemies of russian and indeed local interests in ME (see their support and sustenance of the ISIS rats Syria, Iraq, Yemen, North Africa etc., not to mention trying to meddle in Ukraine- see the An-132 "contract").
    Flyboy77
    Flyboy77

Post  Flyboy77 Tue May 26, 2015 1:49 am

house200888 wrote:
    Flyboy77 wrote:
    house200888 wrote:

In fact the first batch of 30 russian MIG-35 will not have AESA radar

" 19/02/2015
    MiG-35s for the Russian Air Force in the future will be equipped with radars with active phased array antenna (APAA), but the first batch prepared by conventional radar. This was announced by TASS first deputy general director and general designer of the corporation "Fazotron-NIIR" (included in KRET) Yuri Guskov at "Aero India 2015". He recalled that in 2010 the company developed the technology AESA and radar demonstrator with a grid was installed on the MiG-35, participated in the Indian tender MMRCA, who won the French "Rafale". "There (MiG-35) was the demonstrator radar AFAR reviews and Indian pilots were the most good. Our radar has not received virtually no comment, and its design has been recommended to all of our competitors who have participated in this tender ", - said Andrei. According to him, the first batch of about 30 MiG-35 Russian Air Force will receive no radar AFAR. "The purpose of the RAC" MiG "- get the order of the Defense Ministry, to deliver MiG-35s in series and in parallel to carry out development work with a view to starting, presumably, from the 30th to put the aircraft already has a radar AFAR" - he said Agency. TASS "

" 05.13.2015
    The company "Fazotron-NIIR" does not stop work on the modernization of on-board station "Zhuk-M", which is designed to be installed on the MiG-29 and MiG-35, MIC reported, citing a source in the defense industry. "Modernization of the onboard radar" Zhuk-M "is carried out in terms of improving the software, which will provide new radar modes when working on land and sea targets", - said the source. According to a source, "the radar is mounted on the deck fighters MiG-29K and will be installed on the first serial MiG-35." He also recalled that the stations "Zhuk-ME" (export performance) equipped with deck MiG-29K / KUB supplied to India. topwar.ru"

http://bastion-karpenko.ru/mig-35/

I know that's why I wouldn't call them MiG-35 really but MiG-29M. The new RD-33 will not be ready in time either for this first aircraft. In the end it will be up to the Russian air force what they want to designate these new MiGs when they enter service. Just like they did with the Su-35.

Unfortunately, these days Sisi chose to cast his lot with the perfidous KSA, so personally i'm wary, i don't know what kind of games they are playing over there, but anyone casting his lot with despicable scum like KSA and the GCC cannot expect a lot of sympathy.

If there are some big contracts indeed signed for MiGs, helos etc. then very good for Russia's MIC, but until the egyptian leadership distances itself from the path they have taken now, i would be on guard for anything considering the KSA scum are enemies of russian and indeed local interests in ME (see their support and sustenance of the ISIS rats Syria, Iraq, Yemen, North Africa etc., not to mention trying to meddle in Ukraine- see the An-132 "contract").

Things aren't so black and white especially in the Middle east. If it wasn't for the friendship between Sisi and KSA this deal would most likely not be going ahead. Its Saudi money that will be paying for this fighters.

For any of a Egyptian Member here has there been any news confirming the deal in the Egyptian media?
    house200888

Post  house200888 Tue May 26, 2015 4:47 am

For any of a Egyptian Member here has there been any news confirming the deal in the Egyptian media?

We knew about the deal some time ago from military sources . But the sources said MIG-35 not MIG-29M . It includes also the new Ka-52 which may be announced soon .
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue May 26, 2015 4:58 am

house200888 wrote:

We knew about the deal some time ago from military sources . But the sources said MIG-35 not MIG-29M . It includes also the new Ka-52 which may be announced soon .

this would be a huge boost for MiG-35. I hope Iraq will follow, and maybe Iran after the sanctions lifted
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue May 26, 2015 3:49 pm

After fulfilling state order deliveries, Russia and Egypt will discuss Armata deliveries Smile

http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20150526/1066581251.html
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue May 26, 2015 3:58 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:After fulfilling state order deliveries, Russia and Egypt will discuss Armata deliveries Smile

Suspect censored
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue May 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Russian Patriot wrote:http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2015/05/mil-150525-sputnik03.htm?_m=3n%2e002a%2e1426%2edd0ao031i6%2e1b5c 2 Billion  dollars  for the 46 MIG 29 Fulcrum

That roughly comes out to $43.5M per unit. Does the purchase also come with spares, training and what not? Cause at that price, they could go with the more potent/powerful Su-30 series aircraft.
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Tue May 26, 2015 4:06 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Russian Patriot wrote:http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2015/05/mil-150525-sputnik03.htm?_m=3n%2e002a%2e1426%2edd0ao031i6%2e1b5c 2 Billion  dollars  for the 46 MIG 29 Fulcrum

That roughly comes out to $43.5M per unit. Does the purchase also come with spares, training and what not? Cause at that price, they could go with the more potent/powerful Su-30 series aircraft.

I would think training is included but not sure about spares.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue May 26, 2015 4:17 pm

sepheronx wrote:

Question is, if Russia is ready to sell Su-30 to not enough stable Egypt. They didn't deliver Yak-130 to Syria.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue May 26, 2015 4:29 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:After fulfilling state order deliveries, Russia and Egypt will discuss Armata deliveries Smile

Suspect censored

whassup? dunno
    house200888

Post  house200888 Tue May 26, 2015 4:40 pm

sepheronx wrote:

By the way there are rumors that Egypt is negotiating for SU-35 . But the problem is that Russian side is insisting that delivery will not begin before 2020 . while Egyptian side want it earlier than that . So Egypt may buy small batch of SU-30sm for now or wait for SU-35

I heard also today that the new Russian Armata may be offered for export to Egypt .That was a surprise to me . I heard rumors about Indian negotiations but i am not sure about that

http://rushincrash.com/uncategorized/uralvagonzavod-demonstrate-armata-to-foreign-buyers/

http://arabic.sputniknews.com/russia/20150526/1014397781.html#ixzz3bEr2XXM5
    Flyboy77
    Flyboy77

Post  Flyboy77 Tue May 26, 2015 5:38 pm

sepheronx wrote:

I read somewhere that it included training, spares and weapons.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Tue May 26, 2015 7:00 pm

why Mig-29 ? Why not Mig -35 ?

is Saudi Arabia paying for them like it does for the french arms?
    I thought they don't have any money ? who will pay for this?

I am disappointed about this. Call it a business deal but the democratically elected Morsi was illegally deposed and is sitting awaiting execution whilst thousands of Egyptians have been tortured, imprisoned and murdered by the illegitimate coup junta of Al Sisi..
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue May 26, 2015 7:10 pm

max steel wrote:why Mig-29 ? Why not Mig -35 ?

is Saudi Arabia paying for them like it does for the french arms?
    I  thought they don't have any money ? who will pay for this?

I am disappointed about this. Call it a business deal but the democratically elected Morsi was illegally deposed and is sitting awaiting execution whilst thousands of Egyptians have been tortured, imprisoned and murdered by the illegitimate coup junta of Al Sisi..

The ousting of Mubarak was also illegal as well.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Tue May 26, 2015 8:13 pm

lol, maybe in 2025. Even then, I wouldn't sell it to a country that likes to play the field. If Egypt wants a tank to replace their M1's, they can buy some T-90MS' with Arena-E.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed May 27, 2015 1:52 am

Zivo wrote:

lol, maybe in 2025. Even then, I wouldn't sell it to a country that likes to play the field. If Egypt wants a tank to replace their M1's, they can buy some T-90MS' with Arena-E.

Well, on contrary. There is no love between nations just interest. And this is beneficial for Russia keep assembly lines running after goszakazplan . And earning some kopecks

BTW in 2025 so still Egyptian tankers will be better equipped then French ones lol1
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed May 27, 2015 3:20 am

It will be very risky for Russia sell armata to Egypt. is a very unstable nation..
    and can change of administration overnight.. and the new puppet Government of Americans
    give NATO the new armata tanks for their inspection and understanding better its capabilities and how to counter them..

I think Soviets lots new technology to the americans ,because Egypt some time ago betrayed
    Russia.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed May 27, 2015 3:22 am

Vann7 wrote:

It will be very risky for Russia sell armata to Egypt. is a very unstable nation..
    and can change of administration overnight.. and the new puppet Government of Americans
    give NATO the new armata tanks for their inspection and understanding better its capabilities and how to counter them..

I think Soviets lots new technology to the americans ,because Egypt some time ago betrayed
    Russia.

well it can be done with some "stealing" of technology of american hardware there now Smile
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Wed May 27, 2015 3:45 am

George1 wrote:well it can be done with some "stealing" of technology of american hardware there now Smile

Well, a few years back (2009 I think) a 120mm Abrams gun with ammo was obtained for tests against the T-90 (according to Tehnika & Vooruzhenie publication)....the source was reportedly Egypt

magnumcromagnon wrote:

Had anyone ever answered this question about the function of the back of the turret bustle? To me it looks like a gear and winch system to aid tank recovery vehicles, where the screen is there to prevent/minimize flying rocks and twigs from getting jammed in the moving gears.

Isn't that an unusual place for a winch?
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Wed May 27, 2015 4:35 am

Cyberspec wrote:
    George1 wrote:well it can be done with some "stealing" of technology of american hardware there now Smile

Well, a few years back (2009 I think) a 120mm Abrams gun with ammo was obtained for tests against the T-90 (according to Tehnika & Vooruzhenie publication)....the source was reportedly Egypt

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 9 635582302989914114-Kata-27ib-Hezbollah-grab

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 9 54bd65f2253d86aa

Hezbollah has M1's, and in all likelihood Iran as examined them in detail. It wouldn't be beyond belief that Russian and Chinese engineers have also studied the complete Iraqi/Hezbollah samples.

Post  Guest Wed May 27, 2015 5:18 am

Zivo wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 9 635582302989914114-Kata-27ib-Hezbollah-grab

Russia - Egypt military contracts - Page 9 54bd65f2253d86aa

Hezbollah has M1's, and in all likelihood Iran as examined them in detail. It wouldn't be beyond belief that Russian and Chinese engineers have also studied the complete Iraqi/Hezbollah samples.
    Would not be surprised if Russia has gained access to Egypt's M1s and F-16s either.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 pm