Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

Pinto
    Pinto

RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts - Page 24 Empty Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

Post  Pinto on Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:01 pm

GarryB wrote:I would like to hear more details about that Kalashnikov production deal... are they only producing AK-203s, which are AKMs upgraded to AK-74M standard to AK-103, and then further upgraded to AK-12 level with improved kit mounting options and improved mechanisms?

Or are they making AK-308 which is basically an AK12 in 7.62x51mm NATO calibre... or both?

I would think both would make a lot of sense, with the 7.62x39mm round for close in use in urban areas, while in more open terrain they also have SiG model AR-15 clones in 5.56mm calibre, but as recent experience in deserts and mountains where targets can be seen at extended distances (ie 600m plus) at which range the 7.62x39mm and 5.56mm rounds are ineffectual, that a 7.62x51mm round would be rather useful...

As per reports it seems only AK203 only but you never know inside details of deal with Russia which mostly remain classified in details

https://www.janes.com/article/87011/india-russia-inaugurate-manufacturing-plant-for-ak-203-assault-rifle

Recent example being that India signed R27 deal but sources tells that many versions of long range and medium n short range have been signed. i have seen many comments saying why no longer versions were not procured but the truth lies classified and this happens in many deal with Russia

another glaring example being indian signed 5 batteries of s400 and no further details but cost amounts to over 4 b $ though China got at different rates

Current date/time is Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:08 am