Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Share
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2867
    Points : 2849
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  miketheterrible on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:34 pm

    What? It wasn't due to lack of funds. The funding hasn't changed at all. It was waiting for the engines and then prospects changed thus looked to sell them or induct them.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6211
    Points : 6276
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  JohninMK on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:53 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:What? It wasn't due to lack of funds. The funding hasn't changed at all. It was waiting for the engines and then prospects changed thus looked to sell them or induct them.
    A nice order for Ukraine, they may have the first two engines already built. The US won't like it at all.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2867
    Points : 2849
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  miketheterrible on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:42 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:What? It wasn't due to lack of funds. The funding hasn't changed at all. It was waiting for the engines and then prospects changed thus looked to sell them or induct them.
    A nice order for Ukraine, they may have the first two engines already built. The US won't like it at all.

    I know Russia was already having available engines produced by themselves for it. They could even counter Ukraine. But I imagine they are not ready yet so....
    avatar
    jhelb

    Posts : 482
    Points : 557
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  jhelb on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:04 pm

    par far wrote:Indians are not trustworthy people, they are very corrupt in nature. I don't think that submarine had any technology that would harm Russian interests but when selling to India, Russia needs to careful.

    https://southfront.org/india-allowed-us-officers-to-study-nuclear-submarine-leased-from-russia-report/

    That's one major problem that Russia faces - selling weapons to third world, uncivilised, corrupt countries like India. In almost all the Corruption perception Index, India finishes at the bottom. It's a cultural problem stemming from the practice of pagan (and therefore dangerous) religions like Hinduism.

    I've always argued that Russia needs to diversify its arms export and focus more towards European and Mid Eastern markets. If the proposed sale of S-400 to Saudi Arabia goes through, it will be a good start.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 18977
    Points : 19533
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  GarryB on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:14 am

    I've always argued that Russia needs to diversify its arms export and focus more towards European and Mid Eastern markets. If the proposed sale of S-400 to Saudi Arabia goes through, it will be a good start.

    Two major flaws in your argument... first of all European markets don't exist for defence sales really because most of them are part of NATO and therefore are the enemy... and also not really interested in buying gear from Russia except to examine it.

    Second... if you don't trust India because of corruption what the Fuck are you talking about selling shit to Saudi Arabia who is actively supporting terrorists in Chechnia and Syria and Yemen and Iraq and Afghanistan etc etc.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 18977
    Points : 19533
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  GarryB on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:15 am

    Well Turkey gave 500 million per unit. Here it sounds like the 1 billion. There should be something else in the contract because no one would pay so much for an air defenxe system. You can buy a destroyer armed with s 400 with this money. That's weired.

    I haven't looked at the details of either purchase but I suspect India wants localised production... which costs more.

    avatar
    jhelb

    Posts : 482
    Points : 557
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  jhelb on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:25 am

    GarryB wrote:Two major flaws in your argument... first of all European markets don't exist for defence sales really because most of them are part of NATO and therefore are the enemy... and also not really interested in buying gear from Russia except to examine it.

    Even markets in Asia, Africa were cultivated by the Soviet Union/Russia once, Finland purchased weapons from Russia, no reason why Russia cannot make inroads into Europe, South America , Mid East. Turkey is in NATO but is purchasing S-400.

    Being an European country, Russia has far more cultural, social compatability with European countries. With third world, corrupt countries like India it has no compatability. This is exactly what the Yankees do - they remind Europeans that we are Europeans too, so you are safe dealing with us.

    Russia needs to seize this initiative from the Yankees. Russia can easily strike major deals initially with fellow Slavic countries and then with other European countries.


    GarryB wrote:Second... if you don't trust India because of corruption what the Fuck are you talking about selling shit to Saudi Arabia who is actively supporting terrorists in Chechnia and Syria and Yemen and Iraq and Afghanistan etc etc.

    Putin hasn't said even once that Saudis are supporting terrorists in Chechnya. If they had why is Putin selling S-400 to Saudi Arabia and other weapons to gulf states ?
    avatar
    d_taddei2

    Posts : 1464
    Points : 1642
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  d_taddei2 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:38 pm

    jhelb wrote:
    par far wrote:Indians are not trustworthy people, they are very corrupt in nature. I don't think that submarine had any technology that would harm Russian interests but when selling to India, Russia needs to careful.

    https://southfront.org/india-allowed-us-officers-to-study-nuclear-submarine-leased-from-russia-report/

    That's one major problem that Russia faces - selling weapons to third world, uncivilised, corrupt countries like India. In almost all the Corruption perception Index, India finishes at the bottom. It's a cultural problem stemming from the practice of pagan (and therefore dangerous) religions like Hinduism.

    I've always argued that Russia needs to diversify its arms export and focus more towards European and Mid Eastern markets. If the proposed sale of S-400 to Saudi Arabia goes through, it will be a good start.

    I agree with garryb Saudi Arabia has been supporting terror groups in Syria which have targeted Russian embassy and troops and yes India is corrupt but so is many other countries. India is looking elsewhere which I feel is a bit of a stab in the back to Russia but India has been a good customer for decades don't forget that.

    slasher

    Posts : 43
    Points : 43
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  slasher on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 pm

    jhelb wrote:That's one major problem that Russia faces - selling weapons to third world, uncivilised, corrupt countries like India. In almost all the Corruption perception Index, India finishes at the bottom. It's a cultural problem stemming from the practice of pagan (and therefore dangerous) religions like Hinduism.

    I've always argued that Russia needs to diversify its arms export and focus more towards European and Mid Eastern markets. If the proposed sale of S-400 to Saudi Arabia goes through, it will be a good start.

    I must voice my protest against such a highly divisive and xenophobic statement, which should not be encouraged nor tolerated.

    Yes I too share great disgust with regard to India's stifling bureaucracy and corruption, and the ineptitude of successive governments' procurement practices, but let's not descend into such vulgar prejudice against an entire country and religion. 

    If Russians truly wish to stand apart and take the lead in dismantling US hegemony in favour of a more equitable, multi-polar world, they need to observe and take notice of President Putin's very admirable and untiring efforts to constantly reach out and engage with the international community, and with people of all colours, races and religions (in spite of Western resistance and opposition).

    As an outsider, I am truly impressed by the man's civility and composure , which would I guess contribute to his high favourability ratings. Many within and abroad may do well to at least aspire to be as respectful and as dignified.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12405
    Points : 12884
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  George1 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:23 pm

    Russia to sign contract with India on building Project 11356 frigates — source

    The first two frigates will be built at Russia’s Yantar Shipyard on the Baltic coast and the other two at an Indian shipyard, according to the source

    MOSCOW, April 17. /TASS/. Russia and India are set to sign a contract on the construction of four Project 11356 frigates under a "two plus two" formula" in June this year, a source in diplomatic and military circles told TASS on Tuesday.

    "In June, a package contract is expected to be signed with India on the construction of four Project 11356 ships," the source said, adding that the document stipulated building frigates "under a two plus two formula:" the first two at Russia’s Yantar Shipyard on the Baltic coast and the other two at an Indian shipyard.

    Russia’s Federal Service for Military and Technical Cooperation and the state arms seller Rosoboronexport declined to comment on this information for TASS.

    As the source also noted, the hulls of Project 11356 frigates available at the Yantar Shipyard would not be used for implementing the contract and "the warships will be completely new."

    The ongoing negotiations with the Indian side "are aimed at settling all the issues, including the price of the frigates’ construction."

    The source did not specify the expected timeframe of the contract’s fulfillment. The source also declined to specify the propulsion units that would be mounted on Indian frigates - either the power units developed at Russia’s Saturn manufacturer or engines ordered by India from Ukraine’s Zorya-Mashproekt enterprise.

    In India, the frigates may be built at the Goa Shipyard Limited. As part of the Defexpo-2018 arms exhibition held in India’s Chennai, the company’s advertising materials indicated that the commencement of the frigates’ construction was expected in mid-2020. Russia earlier built six such warships (Talwar-class frigates) for India.

    Russia-India negotiations under the contract

    Negotiations are currently underway on the delivery of four Project 11356 frigates to India. Director for International Cooperation and Regional Policy at Russia’s state hi-tech corporation Rostec Viktor Kladov earlier said the planned contract would be implemented under the ‘two plus two formula’ where two frigates were expected to be built in Russia and delivered ready-made to India while the other two warships would be built by the Indian shipbuilding industry at one of national shipyards.

    Three hulls of warships laid down in Kaliningrad for the Russian Black Sea Fleet were earlier intended to be used for the construction of Indian frigates. However, Russian Navy Deputy Commander-in-Chief Viktor Bursuk later said these frigates will be built in the interests of Russia’s Navy.

    Project 11356 warships displace about 4,000 tonnes, develop a speed of 30 knots and have an endurance of 30 days.


    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/1000239
    avatar
    Pinto

    Posts : 911
    Points : 966
    Join date : 2015-05-16
    Location : India

    India-Russia close to inking warship deal

    Post  Pinto on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:00 pm

    Moving closer towards buying four advanced warships for the Navy, India has finalised the price of the vessels to be bought directly from Russia at around USD 1.1 billion while Defence Ministry is pushing for conclusion of the contract for the remaining two vessels which would be built by the Goa Shipyard under Make in India programme.

    The warships are being acquired from Russia as the Navy wanted to enhance its blue water capabilities by inducting four state-of-the-art warships equipped with the deadly BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles in the earliest possible timeframe.


    After Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharamans visit to Russia, the Russian and Indian sides have completed the price negotiations for the Russian material to be supplied to the Goa Shipyards at around USD 200 million. The Indian negotiators have also managed to get a discount of 18 per cent in the contract, government sources said.

    After Sitharamans push to the programme, a Russian team had come at the Defexpo-2018 in Chennai and held discussions for price during the exhibition and continued it in Delhi in the last two days, they said.

    The Defence Minister had visited Russia earlier this month where she discussed multiple military cooperation programmes between the two countries.

    The Indian side in the discussions is led by a Joint Secretary-level official of the Defence Ministry. The Russian shipyard involved in the project is Yantar.

    The negotiations for the cost of the warships to be built at the Goa Shipyards will continue and it is expected that the programme would be finalised in next couple of months, the sources said.

    According to the plan, the defence ministry wants to go the Cabinet Committee on Security with a combined proposal including the cost of the Russian supplied and the Made in India vessels together, the sources said.

    Negotiations for the cost of the warships to be built at Goa shipyards will continue and is expected that the programme would be finalised in the next couple of months.

    https://www.indiatoday.in/mail-today/story/india-russia-close-to-inking-warship-deal-1214565-2018-04-18
    avatar
    Arctic_Fox

    Posts : 156
    Points : 159
    Join date : 2015-05-02
    Age : 25
    Location : Brazil

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  Arctic_Fox on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:43 am

    Apparently India selected AK-103 as its next assault rifle:

    https://sputniknews.com/military/201804191063708888-india-russia-assault-rifle-deal/
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6211
    Points : 6276
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  JohninMK on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:52 am

    Don't know enough to comment on this

    By Ajai Shukla
    Business Standard, 20th Apr 18

    The proposal for India and Russia to jointly develop an advanced fighter – the eponymous Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) -- has been formally buried.

    Business Standard has learnt that National Security Advisor Ajit Doval conveyed the decision to a Russian ministerial delegation at a “Defence Acquisition Meeting” in end-February.

    Doval and Defence Secretary Sanjay Mitra, who attended the meeting, asked the Russians to proceed alone with developing their fifth-generation fighter. They said India might possibly join the project later, or buy the fully developed fighter outright, after it entered service with the Russian Air Force.


    Long article at http://ajaishukla.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/the-fgfa-is-dead-863-billion-advanced.html
    avatar
    Pinto

    Posts : 911
    Points : 966
    Join date : 2015-05-16
    Location : India

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  Pinto on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:47 pm

    India has since long decided to dump this project as joint venture and might purchase on its completion 2-3 sq if the final plane suits indian air force specifications

    Joint venture then can be revived depending upon changes to be made in su 57 for india
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 18977
    Points : 19533
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  GarryB on Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:12 am

    Well lets face it... India was never prepared to spend the sort of money that could justify considering that they owned the design... much like the Su-30MKI they want to take an existing proven design and make modifications to suit their needs... much cheaper than developing a whole new aircraft... but then in both cases the aircraft has pretty much already been developed anyway.
    avatar
    Pinto

    Posts : 911
    Points : 966
    Join date : 2015-05-16
    Location : India

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  Pinto on Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:45 pm

    GarryB wrote:Well lets face it... India was never prepared to spend the sort of money that could justify considering that they owned the design... much like the Su-30MKI they want to take an existing proven design and make modifications to suit their needs... much cheaper than developing a whole new aircraft... but then in both cases the aircraft has pretty much already been developed anyway.

    yes you are right bro since mrca mess created by successive indian govts or say changing priorities of IAF have delayed that buy and hence this programme suffered on account of funding too
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 2522
    Points : 2516
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  Isos on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:30 pm

    Something I said tgey could do and many here said it was bullshit. Russia may have offered to give India a new class of nuclear sub and let them build them in indian shipyards.

    https://m.economictimes.com/news/defence/russia-offers-to-jointly-design-build-submarines/articleshow/64877908.cms
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12405
    Points : 12884
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  George1 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:21 am

    India is in the final stage of negotiations on the purchase of 48 Mi-17V-5 helicopters

    According to the magazine "Jane's Defense Weekly" in the article Rahul Bedi "India Finalizing Talks for 48 additional Mi-17-V5 helicopters from Russia", the Indian Defense Ministry is in the final stage of negotiations with the Russian side regarding the purchase of an additional 48 multipurpose helicopters Mi-17V- 5 for $ 1.1 billion of these helicopters, 38 designed for the Indian Air Force, and ten - for the Ministry of Interior Affairs of India.

    Official Indian sources told Jane's on July 23, 2018 that the contract for 48 Mi-17V-5 helicopters is likely to be signed during the visit of Russian President Vladimir Putin to India in early October for the annual bilateral summit of the leaders of the two countries.

    The Ministry of Defense of India approved the purchase of 48 additional Mi-17B-5 back in September 2015, but negotiations on price issues dragged on.

    The proposed contract will also include Russia's off-set obligations in accordance with the requirements of India, so that all suppliers will invest 30% of the total contract value of all military forces worth more than Rs. 20 billion ($ 210 million) in the Indian defense and aerospace sector.

    Earlier, India received 151 Mi-17V-5 helicopters manufactured by JSC Kazan Helicopter Plant (part of the Russian Helicopters JSC) in 2008 through 2016, with a total cost of $ 2.864 billion. 139 of these helicopters were delivered to the Indian Air Force, and the remaining 12 - to the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Border Guard.

    Despite the fact that the US counteraction in the framework of the CAATSA sanctions legislation, which could potentially adversely affect the new helicopter contract, high-ranking Indian officials said that India "will be able to circumvent" this embargo.

    The foreign and defense ministers of India and the US plan to meet in New Delhi on September 6, where they are expected to discuss CAATSA and potential exceptions for India from this legislation.

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3282255.html
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12405
    Points : 12884
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  George1 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:00 am

    DEALS IN THE PIPLEINE:

    • Four S-400 air defence missile systems worth about US $ 5.5 billion

    • Another refurbished Akula Class nuclear-powered attack submarine to replace INS Chakra worth over $2 billion

    • Four 1135.6 Krivak-class frigates worth $2 billion.

    • A government-to-government deal to produce AK-103 assault rifles in one of the state-owned ordnance factories.

    • Manufacture 200 Kamov light utility helicopters at HAL, Bengaluru, under an agreement signed during Modi's visit to Moscow in 2016, worth over $1 billion.


    http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/2018/oct/02/vladimir-putin-to-get-mig-21s-as-welcome-gift-during-19th-india-russia-summit-in-delhi-1880258.html
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 2522
    Points : 2516
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  Isos on Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:39 pm

    https://m.economictimes.com/news/defence/t-14-armata-top-priority-of-army-chiefs-russia-visit/articleshow/66050040.cms

    India interested to buy 1770 T-14 Armata to replace older t-72. This contract could help dicrease the price of the tank that is still too high for russia.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 18977
    Points : 19533
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  GarryB on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:34 am

    Even markets in Asia, Africa were cultivated by the Soviet Union/Russia once, Finland purchased weapons from Russia, no reason why Russia cannot make inroads into Europe,

    Currently there is a culture of hate in Europe, where even if you find a friendly government they are bound by EU sanctions not to deal with Russia.

    They have no need to buy Russian weapons because there are NATO alternatives that they are generally encouraged to buy and lets face facts... there is no real military threat to any of them so the fact that the weapons are inferior and wont work as advertised doesn't mean much... they will likely never use them anyway.

    South America , Mid East. Turkey is in NATO but is purchasing S-400.

    South and central america, ME, Asia, and Africa are all places Russia could sell a lot of hardware to... Turkey is buying S-400 because after the US supported coup they want to actually protect their air space with something that will work and not just look nice in the background of major airshows all shiny and nice.

    They need something that will make US or even Israeli aircraft think twice about taking on and Patriot just does not cut it in that regard.

    Europe has recently been on a sales trip through africa and offered loans and deals, but also complained about Chinese investment in the region. I believe the British said the Chinese were imposing enormous debt on african countries for things they don't need to enslave them. The African countries on the other hand said they liked Chinese investment because they got what they wanted but were not told to change their government or economics or politics or culture to suit the Chinese... the African country got what they wanted, the Chinese made a profit and were happy... something they said never happens with western investment where western companies normally end up owning mines and mineral wealth on the cheap.

    Not to say China are angels, but the west are devils...

    Russia would do well to trade like China trades and make allies and friends and grow allies and friends that develop and prosper with you... the west wants to make money but keep other countries down because they don't like rivals.

    The result is that poor countries will trade with Russia and China and become more wealthy and better able to buy Chinese and Russians products... a win win.

    Being an European country, Russia has far more cultural, social compatability with European countries.

    European countries are jumping through hoops to please Trump and sanction Russia... when the US dollar stops becoming the international currency it is rather likely it will be replaced by the Euro... which wont be any good for Russia, though being in the middle of the new trade route from China to the EU means they will benefit, but I doubt it means either China or the EU will buy a lot of Russian goods.

    With third world, corrupt countries like India it has no compatability. This is exactly what the Yankees do - they remind Europeans that we are Europeans too, so you are safe dealing with us.

    Given half the chance the majority of the elite in the US would have Putin murdered in a heart beat and bend heaven and earth to get a drunk elected to guard the hen house that is Russia... why do you worship them so?

    Sometimes the greatest enemy of a Muslim is another Muslim... Sunni vs Shia... America is a worse enemy of Russia than China or India are... and most of the Europeans are no better.

    Russia needs to seize this initiative from the Yankees. Russia can easily strike major deals initially with fellow Slavic countries and then with other European countries.

    By all means sell stuff to Europe, but don't expect any special treatment of favours... the only reason they buy Russian gas is because it is cheap... it is certainly not friendship or even charity... if the shoe was on the other foot and the EU was supplying Russia with gas to keep warm over winter you can bet your ass it would be regularly turned off to keep naughty Russia in line... it is what the EU does and it is what the US does... economic warfare.

    Putin hasn't said even once that Saudis are supporting terrorists in Chechnya.

    Why is that relevant... how could the Saudis get S-400s to terrorists in Chechnya?

    Russia sold an incomplete SA-12 (S-300V system) to the US in the 1990s too... do you think the US is not helping terrorists in Syria and elsewhere?

    Russia sold a Tunguska ADS system to the British too... do you think Britain are Russias allies?

    The millions of dollars they made with each sale paid for the S-300VM/Antei-2500 and 2S6M1 upgrades BTW at a time when there was no money at all...

    If they had why is Putin selling S-400 to Saudi Arabia and other weapons to gulf states ?

    Do you think Russia would find it easier to penetrate S-400 defences if they need to, or Patriot and THAAD defences?

    I rather doubt Russia has any plans to attack the countries it is supplying systems to, but do you think these export models are the best they can make?

    They sell weapons... if you are afraid of selling weapons that might be used against you then don't sell weapons.

    India is looking elsewhere which I feel is a bit of a stab in the back to Russia but India has been a good customer for decades don't forget that.

    Something like 60% of Indian military hardware is Soviet... and they have just signed up for S-400, plus ships, plus rifles, likely plus new tanks, and they are also interested in collaborating in space travel and research...

    If Russians truly wish to stand apart and take the lead in dismantling US hegemony in favour of a more equitable, multi-polar world, they need to observe and take notice of President Putin's very admirable and untiring efforts to constantly reach out and engage with the international community, and with people of all colours, races and religions (in spite of Western resistance and opposition).

    X2

    This isn't about Russia knocking off the US so it can be leader of the world and it isn't about China doing the same... this is about knocking the US back and saying you are not in charge... nobody voted you in... we all want a say... so instead of just the US in control of everything... more countries need to be allowed a say... that means Russia and China and India and the EU and the US and a lot of other countries besides that.


    As an outsider, I am truly impressed by the man's civility and composure , which would I guess contribute to his high favourability ratings. Many within and abroad may do well to at least aspire to be as respectful and as dignified.

    In the current political climate he is the adult amongst the children...

    India interested to buy 1770 T-14 Armata to replace older t-72. This contract could help dicrease the price of the tank that is still too high for russia.

    I suspect that India will buy the tank version and just use it as a tank.

    The Russians will be eventually buying over a dozen different Armata types to form Armata Brigades or Divisions populated with only Armata based platform vehicles...

    BTW that AK-103 purchase contract is interesting because it appears to be in 7.62 x 51mm, whereas the original AK-103 was in the lighter 7.62x39mm round of the AKM.
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 2522
    Points : 2516
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  Isos on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:59 am


    I suspect that India will buy the tank version and just use it as a tank.

    The Russians will be eventually buying over a dozen different Armata types to form Armata Brigades or Divisions populated with only Armata based platform vehicles...

    They also have some old bmp's to replace with t-15 or kurg.
    avatar
    LMFS

    Posts : 945
    Points : 939
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  LMFS on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 am

    Military Watch is reporting negotiations about the MiG-35, how credible you think this is?

    https://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/russia-and-india-negotiating-contract-for-elite-new-mig-35-fighters
    avatar
    LMFS

    Posts : 945
    Points : 939
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  LMFS on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:53 pm

    Overview of military aviation prospects with India, interesting:

    http://en.dfnc.ru/aviazcia/india-modernization-aviation-meditation/
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 18977
    Points : 19533
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  GarryB on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:56 am

    They also have some old bmp's to replace with t-15 or kurg.

    The question is what sort of mobility and performance will they want from their new BMPs... would they demand tracked vehicles or would cheaper wheeled vehicles suit them better... I really don't think they would replace all their BMPs with Armata based T-15s as that would be rather expensive...

    Kurganets and Boomerang BMP models both seem to be rather well protected for what they are...

    I would say the best performing option would be Armata MBTs, Kurganets BMPs, and all the other vehicles in a division being Boomerangs for mobility and low cost use... but they might go for Kurganets for everything else for better mobility across rough ground... or they could continue with existing vehicles...

    Military Watch is reporting negotiations about the MiG-35, how credible you think this is?

    It would certainly make sense for India... previously they had the MiG-29 in service as a short range interceptor, and had M2000s as multirole fighter bombers, while they also had a significant number of MiG-23s and Jaguars in the light strike role.

    The MiG-35 could certainly replace both the MiG-29, MiG-23 and Jaguar in the short range interceptor, fighter and light strike roles...

    it was pretty clear from the start that it should have won the MRCA programme simply because there was never any chance of getting 126 Rafales for anything like 10 billion... I thought a mix of aircraft would have suited them better... perhaps 30-40 Rafales and 60-80 MiG-35s would have offered them the best of both worlds in terms of weapons and sensor technology, but at the time the Indians didn't want an all Russian fleet of aircraft.

    I am rather biased but I think the MiG-35 has enormous potential and would be a rather good medium weight fighter.

    Of course the fact that 36 Rafales cost India just over 9.2 billion there was never much chance of a split purchase with MiG-35s...

    Sponsored content

    Re: RUSSIA - INDIA Military Contracts

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:37 am