The Far East stage of the competition "Tank biathlon-2017" in Khabarovsk. First day starts
The best tankmen of the Eastern Military District were identified at the competitions "Tank Beatle-2017" in Khabarovsk. On March 12, at the training center "Knyaz-Volkonsky" in Khabarovsk Krai, the district stage of the competitions of crews of combat vehicles "Tank biathlon-2017" started. The best crews of combat vehicles from all over the Eastern Military District took part in the competition.
Servicemen from Transbaikal, Primorsky Krai, Amur, Sakhalin regions and the Republic of Buryatia compete in the accuracy and speed of the route. The best crew will be represented by the Eastern Military District at All-Russian competitions.
1. After the opening ceremony and the welcome words of the acting President. Commander-in-Chief of the VVO troops, the mayor of Khabarovsk and the priest, the crews began preparing tanks for an individual race.
2. Combat vehicles this year have not changed - tanks T72-B is the main for all stages of the competition, up to international. The main emphasis this year was placed on the training of new military athletes. Three years in the "tank biathlon" the best became the crews from the Far Eastern parts. Therefore, the organizers decided to give a chance to other tank-men.
3. On the first day of the competition, 7 crews representing combined arms units stationed in the Sakhalin Oblast, the Trans-Baikal Territory and the Republic of Buryatia fought for the victory in the Individual Race.
4. As a result of the speeches, an individual rating of each tank crew's performances will be drawn up, as well as a team rating of platoons' speeches. In total, the event will be attended by 15 best crews, three from each combined military unit of the Eastern Military District.
5. The "Individual Race" is held on a 14-kilometer route and includes natural and artificial obstacles, combat tracks and shooting areas.
Crews start with an interval of 1-2 minutes. At the same time, no more than three tanks can be on the route at the same time. During the course of the race, the participants overcome the escarp, slope, comb, fire strip, breadboard bridge model, anti-tank ditch with a passage, a track in a mine-blasting fence, a snow-covered field.
Tankmen will perform firing from tank guns. On the first round, three targets must be hit at ranges of 1600, 1700 and 1800 meters. On the second circle it is executed from an anti-aircraft machine gun to strike a helicopter target at a distance of 800-1000 meters with 15 cartridges.
At the final, third round, the participants of the competition will shoot from the twin machine gun on the target, indicating the enemy's RPG. To defeat the crew has 15 rounds, 5 of which with tracer bullets.