Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russia - USA Relations

Godric

US Senate threaten to hit Russia over S-400 sales

Post  Godric on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:51 am

looks very much like the yanks are sh!ting their breeches basically saying every country that buys the S-400 reduces itself of being attacked by Murica

the arrogance of America is breath taking ... who do they think they are to tell Russia who they can sell weapons to, Russia should tell America to mind their own business

Code:
    https://sputniknews.com/us/201803171062621903-usa-russia-s400-foreign-nation/

also posted in the s-400 thread (exports section)

Svyatoslavich

Re: Russia - USA Relations

Post  Svyatoslavich on Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Godric wrote:

looks very much like the yanks are sh!ting their breeches basically saying every country that buys the S-400 reduces itself of being attacked by Murica

the arrogance of America is breath taking ... who do they think they are to tell Russia who they can sell weapons to, Russia should tell America to mind their own business

Code:
    https://sputniknews.com/us/201803171062621903-usa-russia-s400-foreign-nation/

also posted in the s-400 thread (exports section)
    Would love to see Turkey and the US go to war against each other!
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Well I ain't no expert or nothing but I could swear that pundits assured us that S-400 is just repacked Soviet junk and that mighty F-35 (price TBD) will easily defeat it on moment's notice?

So what's all this then? Smile
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Russia needs to use its S-400 in Syria to punish Uncle Scumbag and his minions for aiding the terrorists. This means zero tolerance
    for the fake chemical weapons attacks staged by the White Helmet terrorists.
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:33 pm

They first threatened other countries about purchasing Russian weapons, including Turkey. That didn't work. Everyone more or less (well, Qatar is only nation that folded) told the US to go to hell. Now they are trying to threaten Russia itself of sanctions if it sells S-400's. I think these people in Senate have zero idea what they are doing. They already sanctioned Almaz Antey and everyone else in Russia, this will have zero effect overall.

Have to say, the intelligence of Americans are dropping real fast.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:10 am

Great, that means Russia can impose sanctions on the US for all the advanced weapons it is selling to countries too...

Pretty soon there will be no trade relations between Russia and the west... and this will greatly benefit Russia more than it will benefit the west.

Just like the Mistral deal... trading with Russia offers shortcuts to getting where they want, but the western perception they couldn't develop their own Mistrals given time and money is absurd... the west has a choice... cooperate and stop being such pretentious ass holes, and hope that Russia learns to befriend the west, so in the future they can at least cooperate on things where there is a mutual interest, or turn your back on them and punish them for everything they do no matter whether it is something the west has already done or not and push them away... right now it is the latter, which is not preventing Russia from progressing... just stalling and making them do it on their own.... they will still become more powerful, but have nothing to thank the west for in terms of assistance or friendship.

More than anything else they are creating a rival that does not give a shit about their interests because the west is incapable of thinking about the interests of others.

Modelling Russia in their own image... hahahahahaha. No, Russia does not have an agenda to push anymore and are free to make trade deals with anyone and everyone... only the western sheep will not want such ties... sadly New Zealand will jump to the aide of the motherland, despite the motherland cutting the cord and isolating us when they joined the EU.

Perhaps in 50 years time when they have actually left the EU they might focus a little more on the british commonwealth... if scotland get independence do they get a quarter?
    Godric

Post  Godric on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:42 pm

I only saw the story in foreign sites after i posted the article ... that said the US has threatened to hit countries that have bought Russian made military hardware with fines or sanctions that has past the congress and is now law, this has been basically an attempt by the USA to force countries to buy their weapons from America ... i basically call it bullying for that is what America has become a school yard bully in an attempt to hold on to it's power, the British Empire tried to do the exact same thing at the start of the 20th century which eventually lead to the start of World War 1
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Godric wrote:I only saw the story in foreign sites after i posted the article ... that said the US has threatened to hit countries that have bought Russian made military hardware with fines or sanctions that has past the congress and is now law, this has been basically an attempt by the USA to force countries to buy their weapons from America ... i basically call it bullying for that is what America has become a school yard bully in an attempt to hold on to it's power, the British Empire tried to do the exact same thing at the start of the 20th century which eventually lead to the start of World War 1

US bullying is getting out of hand, and it's actually pissing people off more so than actually accomplishing anything.

Turkey said for them to go to hell as is. And Myanmar also told the US we're to go after US complained to Russia about selling weapons to an "evil" aggressive country like Myanmar.

Now Indians seem to be pissed from what I read now that US is taking them to the WTO for unfair business practices and subsidies. This came not long after India dropped the plane procurement of single jet engine aircrafts of American made.

Vann7

Post  Vann7 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:37 am

miketheterrible wrote:

Now Indians seem to be pissed from what I read now that US is taking them to the WTO for unfair business practices and subsidies.  This came not long after India dropped the plane procurement of single jet engine aircrafts of American made.

NO empires can last for long pissing every other nation ,including its own allies and disrespecting them. basically US will isolate themselves from the World. and it will only Boost CHINA alternative banking system and Crytocurrencies to bypass American
    Banking system. This remember me the times Soviets blocked people from crossing the border to wertern germany.. to the point of shooting them..  Europe is also annoyed and by American exceptionalism ,which is Europe is not a lot different with Russia.. but in any case.. Europe will be realizing by now ,that Americans are out of control..
    and very dangerous nation that could provoke a world war ,at any moment ,and that they will have to start thinking
    in preparations for jumping American ship and moving to the Russia -CHINA orbit and try to create something different..

But such a new system will not happen until an alternative system is running already. BRICS is only a small step ,
    but is far from what is need.. Russia and China needs to be more ambitious in their competition to the American system..as soon they create a new system , Europeans will start abandoning the ship and the US dollar.
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:41 am

They're trying to to have a captive market on arms sales...

Trump's strategy is basicaly to use gangster methods internationally to gain lop sided economic benefits for the US...it worked for him personally in NY, back when he was making his money so he's doing the same thing on a global scale
    George1

Post  George1 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:20 pm

MOSCOW, June 4. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin signed the law on countermeasures against unfriendly actions of the United States and other foreign countries. The document passed by the State Duma on May 22 and approved by the Federation Council on May 30 was posted on the official Internet portal of legal information.

More:
    http://tass.com/politics/1007868
    George1

Post  George1 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:37 pm

JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 pm

Coming out of the door after their 2 hour session with only translators with them. I'd say they looked as if they had had an exhaustive session.

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:54 pm

I don't think this has been posted yet but John McCain a longtime enemy of Russia died on Saturday at age 81. Russia did not shed any tears.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/burning-hell-russian-press-sheds-few-tears-mccain-114218105.html
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:52 pm

You would think someone who was a prisoner of war would hate war and try anything possible to avoid war... but he was a hard core war bitch... I bet if you look into his finances he would be fairly rich... now I don't expect Senators earn that much... with all those lobby groups why would you need to pay them a lot...

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:53 am

GarryB wrote:You would think someone who was a prisoner of war would hate war and try anything possible to avoid war... but he was a hard core war bitch... I bet if you look into his finances he would be fairly rich... now I don't expect Senators earn that much... with all those lobby groups why would you need to pay them a lot...

Americans don't care Garry. He was a good American that fought for our freedom in Vietnam. Americans strongly revere the military religiously.
    LMFS

Post  LMFS on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:54 pm

Fantastic article by Pepe Escobar on geopolitics:

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/08/29/back-in-the-great-game-the-revenge-of-eurasian-land-powers/
    franco

Post  franco on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:05 pm

LMFS wrote:Fantastic article by Pepe Escobar on geopolitics:

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/08/29/back-in-the-great-game-the-revenge-of-eurasian-land-powers/

I concur

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:03 am

GarryB wrote:You would think someone who was a prisoner of war would hate war and try anything possible to avoid war... but he was a hard core war bitch... I bet if you look into his finances he would be fairly rich... now I don't expect Senators earn that much... with all those lobby groups why would you need to pay them a lot...

Hey Garry, these are two good articles that you should read if you didn't know about him especially the second one where he did all he could to suppress the fact that the US left POWs in Vietnam.

https://ghionjournal.com/no-hero-mccain/

https://www.adamtownsend.me/john-mccain-mythology/
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:33 am

Americans don't care Garry. He was a good American that fought for our freedom in Vietnam. Americans strongly revere the military religiously.

He was a good American... do Americans even acknowledge there is any other kind?

Of course if he had not been so brave and America had instead lost the war in Vietnam... America would now have a commander in chief controlled by the Kremlin... Oh Oh!!

What a Face What a Face What a Face

The Vietnam war was about the end of colonialism... the French occupied and exploited Indo China as they called it right up until WWII, when they ran away and left the country to be occupied by Japan. Then when WWII ended they went back in and took control over everything again.

Some Vietnamese who didn't want to be the victims of colonial oppression asked the US for help in fighting off the French and the US rejected them... does it sound familiar to an American... someone wanting to fight the British in their own country and getting some help from the French... but the US said no, and so they asked the Soviets for help getting rid of colonial oppression and the US went in there to replace the French as colonial overlords and ended up leaving... like the French.

Instead of saving the world from communism, America was actually promoting colonial oppression... if they had lived up to their values and helped the Vietnamese I rather doubt the Soviets would have helped the French and Vietnam could have become a free democracy dominated by US companies hoovering up any valuable resources they might have had instead of spending billions murdering the local population and losing quite a few young men in the process.

But then the cold war started with north korea wanting to reunify the country... the Chinese and Soviets really only got involved when the UN got involved... shame the UN wasn't around to prevent the unification of Northern and Southern states during the US civil war.

Hey Garry, these are two good articles that you should read if you didn't know about him especially the second one where he did all he could to suppress the fact that the US left POWs in Vietnam.

Thanks, but I really don't like the guy and am not interested in learning about his history...

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:50 am

President George H.W. Bush dies at 94.  What did Russians think of him?

I know when the Cold War ended that the USSR ended the Warsaw Pact and pulled their bases out of Eastern Europe but the US did not do the same with NATO and their bases in Germany and Italy.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/30/president-george-hw-bush-dead-dies/
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:59 pm

andalusia wrote:President George H.W. Bush dies at 94.  What did Russians think of him?

I know when the Cold War ended that the USSR ended the Warsaw Pact and pulled their bases out of Eastern Europe but the US did not do the same with NATO and their bases in Germany and Italy.

Personally I liked him, if only for the common sense he had at the time to withdraw from Iraq and not attempt to overthrow Saddam Hussein after beating his forces.

And in general under his administration things made a lot more sense. The US wasn't clamoring to support hardcore anti-Russian nationalists in the ex-USSR such as Georgia; they instead took a line of neutrality.

US intelligence work was continuing as always of course, installing friendly elites in Eastern Europe. However the actual push to expand NATO, and not to mention - intervene in Yugoslavia, didn't happen until Bill Clinton.

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:18 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    andalusia wrote:President George H.W. Bush dies at 94.  What did Russians think of him?

Personally I liked him, if only for the common sense he had at the time to withdraw from Iraq and not attempt to overthrow Saddam Hussein after beating his forces.

And in general under his administration things made a lot more sense. The US wasn't clamoring to support hardcore anti-Russian nationalists in the ex-USSR such as Georgia; they instead took a line of neutrality.

US intelligence work was continuing as always of course, installing friendly elites in Eastern Europe. However the actual push to expand NATO, and not to mention - intervene in Yugoslavia, didn't happen until Bill Clinton.

He ordered the bombing of innocent iragis during the First Gulf War: https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/if-you-murdered-a-bunch-of-people-mass-murder-is-your-single-defining-legacy-27dd8c9a72e6?fbclid=IwAR0uKTyDUU2Xb8n0jpJvTR6bGiI1QFAGdD1cMXsyCWtTZbJ2mVQAandOGuk
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:48 am

He ordered the bombing of Iraq, but not the invasion of Iraq.

He ordered the isolation and sanctions on Iraq that probably killed a lot of kids, and he called on the Shia majority in Iraq to rise up against the Sunni minority in control, but didn't support them and they got hammered by Saddam... but that was because he realised that if Saddam is gone in Iraq then Iran would gain a lot of influence in the region... something later US presidents forgot... with the result that now Iran is in a much better position in the ME than ever before... which is what has Saudi Arabia so scared and doing stupid things too.

Funny that the west is very selective about who it forgives... seems to have totally forgiven Germany and Japan, but not Russia... yet it has forgiven other components of the Soviet Union.

The US got support from Russian at various times through Americas history, yet during the Russian revolution the US and its western allies chose to interfere... I don't remember Russian forces fighting in the US civil war, but there were US forces camped in Siberia for quite a few years.

The only thing I can say is that in public it was all about peace keeping and the commander in charge of the forces there took that role literally and so did not interfere as much as western politicians secretly wanted him to.

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:35 am

GarryB wrote:He ordered the bombing of Iraq, but not the invasion of Iraq.

He ordered the isolation and sanctions on Iraq that probably killed a lot of kids, and he called on the Shia majority in Iraq to rise up against the Sunni minority in control, but didn't support them and they got hammered by Saddam... but that was because he realised that if Saddam is gone in Iraq then Iran would gain a lot of influence in the region... something later US presidents forgot... with the result that now Iran is in a much better position in the ME than ever before... which is what has Saudi Arabia so scared and doing stupid things too.

Funny that the west is very selective about who it forgives... seems to have totally forgiven Germany and Japan, but not Russia... yet it has forgiven other components of the Soviet Union.

The US got support from Russian at various times through Americas history, yet during the Russian revolution the US and its western allies chose to interfere... I don't remember Russian forces fighting in the US civil war, but there were US forces camped in Siberia for quite a few years.

The only thing I can say is that in public it was all about peace keeping and the commander in charge of the forces there took that role literally and so did not interfere as much as western politicians secretly wanted him to.

Very True, I am surprised that America is challenging Russia claims in the Pacific. https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-laughs-off-us-navy-142537295.html

Also read this Garry B and I think you would agree with most of this if you don't know are ready.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2018/12/george-herbert-walker-bush-myth-good-gulf-war.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 am