Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russia - USA Relations

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russia - USA Relations

Post  Werewolf on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Fully aggree and support the Monument for native americans who were the factual real people subject to the biggest genocide in human history.

Cowboy's daughter
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cowboy's daughter on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:00 am

Solncepek wrote:
    For a brief moment this summer, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush led the 2016 Republican field. Now, he's sitting solidly in fifth place - but he says he's much happier there.

"I hated that," Bush told "Face the Nation" moderator John Dickerson in an interview that aired Sunday.

"You hated being a frontrunner?" Dickerson asked.

"I feel much better back here," Bush said.
    In the "Face the Nation" interview, he said Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's proposal to carpet bomb the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is "absolutely foolish."

"There are 800,000 people who live in Mosul. There's probably 5,000 Islamic terrorists who control the place. We're going to destroy 800,000 lives with a carpet bombing activity? This is foolish. It is absolutely foolish. And he had to back away from it," Bush said.
    Bush's number one target has been businessman Donald Trump, and he told Trump during Tuesday's Republican debate, "You're not going to be able to insult your way to the presidency." At a post-debate rally, he called Trump a "jerk."

"Aren't those all insults? Are you trying to insult your way to the presidency?" Dickerson asked.

"No I'm trying to point out that he's not a serious candidate," Bush said. As an example, he said Trump's struggle to answer a question about the nuclear triad, which is the ways the U.S. can fire nuclear weapons, was "mind blowing."

"The fact that he wouldn't know what it is is kind of that's one of those questions that I think you have to answer in a thoughtful way if you're running for president of the United States," Bush said.

He said Trump is "not a serious man."
    He also criticized Trump for welcoming praise from Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"We're losing influence around the world and Putin is gaining influence. He's not an ally. He's a dictator. He's a bully," Bush said. "We need a president that actually will stand up for American interests whether it's in Europe or the Middle East. That's how you create a better relationship with Putin. You don't brag about what a great guy he is. He's not. He kills journalists. Anybody that opposes him ultimately is pushed away."

I am so not voting for Jeb Bush, so not voting for Ted Cruz, so not voting for Hillary.

Surprised May not vote, haven't decided yet....ugh...

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Werewolf on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:29 pm

Vote for Putin.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:52 am

Russians Pay Tribute to America's Favorite Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Early this morning in Moscow, a 30-foot flag featuring Barack Obama was raised to the top floor of a building across from the U.S. Embassy. In blood red letters, the word “KILLER” is stamped beneath the face of the president.

The evening before, a laser display projected “Obama Killer #1” onto the U.S. Embassy itself.

The party responsible for such anti-American productions is the Moscow-based “Glavplakat” art society, who issued a statement saying the banner was in response to the “U.S. Government’s plans to invade the territory of yet another sovereign state.”

“The word ‘killer’ defines the 44th U.S. President, and is given to him because of his decision to send the infamous 101st Airborne Division into the Syrian conflict,” states Glavplakat. “Let’s keep in mind that this division carried out practically every U.S. military invasion in the last decade.”

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:19 am

Just wait for them to squeal about that.... it is of course OK for the west to paint Putin as a dictator, KGB agent, thief, murderer and invader, but you can't do that to western leaders... it is just unamerican.

You have to respect western leaders... no reason for that, you just have to.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Grazneyar
    Private
    Private

Post  Grazneyar on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:22 pm

The USS Donald Cooke has been 'buzzed' again. Not sure what the official Russian response is but the Americans are complaining there was a simulated attack. From point blank range !?! I thought Russian anti-ship missiles had a longer range that didn't require 'buzzing' the target. The only attack that they could have been simulating would be a Kamikaze attack or straffing run. Will wait for official response from the Russians to compare the narratives.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:50 am

Hahahaha... the country moving heavy armour into former Soviet States claims Russia is being aggressive by flying too close to the ship they are sending to the region to practise wargames with the locals intended to gain skills in fighting Russia...

Boo Hoo...

If you want other countries to follow unwritten rules of conduct how about you start by doing the same... no expansion of NATO into former warsaw pact nations, then no expansion of NATO into former soviet republics and then no NATO bases will move east and then no NATO bases in former Soviet republics... all lies.

The soviets withdrew their troops from eastern europe... the US should have withdrawn from western europe... instead they moved into eastern europe and former soviet states and are now trying to get into the Ukraine... but don't fly close to their ships...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Project Canada on Sun May 08, 2016 7:31 am

Anti-Russian Bill Announced in US Congress

Representative Eliot L. Engel (D-NY), a ranking member of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), a member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, have introduced a comprehensive legislation to address the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.

They were joined by an additional bipartisan group of 14 members to introduce the Stability and Democracy (STAND) for Ukraine Act (H.R. 5094), which toughens the position of the United States on the Russian Federation.

If signed into law, the new bill would prevent the White House from lifting the sanctions against Russia until Ukraine «restores control over Crimea», or «settles the peninsula's status to Kiev's satisfaction».

The proposed legislation tightens the existing sanctions on Russia and drives new innovations to provide support for Ukraine, including a push for greater private investment in the Ukrainian economy by minimizing and pooling political risk to would-be private investors.

The bill would codify the US government’s policy of non-recognition of Russian authority over Crimea, mirroring the US policy of refusing to recognize Soviet sovereignty over the Baltic States. The document requires a regular report on foreign financial institutions that are «illicitly controlling» Ukraine state-owned assets – namely Russian banks in Crimea. The bill also directs the State Department to implement a strategy to respond to what the document calls «Russian propaganda and disinformation».

The draft law imposes an Arms Export Control Act «presumption of denial» standard on any NATO member that transfers certain defense articles or services containing US technology or components to Russia while «Russia is forcibly occupying the territory of Ukraine or any NATO member». The bill extends the Magnitsky Act to the so-called «territories occupied or otherwise controlled by Russia» such as Crimea, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, and Transnistria.

The timing makes the purpose clear. With the presidential election in sight, the introduced STAND for Ukraine Act places into statute the existing Executive Order sanctions imposed on Russia by Mr Obama, making sure the relationship with Russia will be damaged for a long time. A sitting President can cancel a pre-existing Executive Order at the moment he chooses, but repealing an existing legislation passed by the House and the Senate is a tall order. The new President would have to submit official certification to Congress that Ukraine «has restored its sovereignty over Crimea, or that alternatively the peninsula’s status has been resolved to the satisfaction of a sitting and democratically elected government in Kiev» prior to lifting the sanctions imposed on the Russian Federation.

The bill was introduced against the background of serious deterioration of Russia-US relationship.

It was announced right after the US President met leading NATO members in Hannover to state that the US and its NATO allies are planning to deploy four battalions consisting of four thousand soldiers to Poland and the Baltic countries.

The White House plans to pay for the additional weapons and equipment with a budget request of more than $3.4 billion for military spending in Europe in 2017, more than quadrupling the current budget of $789 million. The weapons and equipment will be used by American and NATO forces, ensuring that the alliance can maintain a full armored combat brigade in the region at all times.

The list of measures to complicate the Russia-US relationship can go on, but the proposed legislation stands out as the most long-lasting factor to prevent the improvement in the future in case it becomes a law.

The Jackson-Vanik amendment to the Trade Act of 1974 went into force in 1975. The legislation was about the freedom of emigration from the USSR to become irrelevant in less than a dozen of years. It stood in the way of improving the relations for about 40 years just because it was hard to repeal. The amendment, which had no whatsoever relation to reality, was in force till the Magnitsky Act was signed into law in December, 2012.

The STAND for Ukraine Act presupposes outright pressure on NATO allies to make them act in line with the US policy on Russia. One can hardly imagine NATO allies defence equipment employing no US technology. Time will pass, and the things will change. Some NATO members may not like the encroachment on their sovereignty. That’s not the way to treat allies.

Another example – the US Air Force cannot do without Russian RD-180 rocket engines.

Will the United States make an exception from the rule, while making European allies strictly comply with the sanctions in accordance with the STAND for Ukraine Act?

If signed into a law, the legislation will spoil the relations with Russia for many years. The crisis in Ukraine will become a thing of the past and new problems will appear requiring joint efforts to tackle them, but the Act will obstruct any efforts to achieve positive results. No doubt, that many people who realize how much damage the legislation could do, keep their fingers crossed in hope the US lawmakers will be wise enough to prevent the bill from becoming a law.

http://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2016/05/06/anti-russian-bill-announced-in-us-congress.html

I hope that Russia and China has already drawn up plans to dismantle the United states before the latter turns the world into a radiation cesspool

BKP
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  BKP on Tue May 17, 2016 6:40 pm

Nuland Starts Moscow Visit by Meeting ‘Young Leaders’

17:54 17.05.201

US Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland has arrived in Moscow with an official visit and has met with Russian young leaders, US Embassy in Moscow spokesperson Will Stevens said in a Twitter message on Tuesday.

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — Earlier on Tuesday, the US Department of State announced that Nuland would meet with senior Russian officials to discuss the ongoing crisis in eastern Ukraine.

"A/S [Assistant Secretary] Nuland kicked off her trip to Moscow by meeting with some of Russia's young leaders at the American Center," Stevens stated.

Nuland has arrived in Moscow from Vienna, Austria, and will leave for Belgium on May 18, according to the State Department.    

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160517/1039762052/us-russia-talks-nuland.html#ixzz48vbQHzEg

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Tue May 17, 2016 7:18 pm

I still can't understand why they have not blacklisted her yet. There is a treasure trove of her dealings in Ukraine, making her a security threat in Russia. It is as if Russian gov wants planned protests and murder of authorities (by so called unknown snipers).

BKP
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  BKP on Wed May 18, 2016 5:09 am

This is the way the world works:

First case: Let's say I'm a run-of-the-mill guy, and I go bezerk for whatever reason. I go out and kill a few people with a pistol and a lead pipe. Following that, I'm quickly caught and tried. I go to prison for life, or am executed by the state. Simple.

Second case: I'm a crime boss, and kill a lot more people than the first guy did. But, my criminal dealings have made me a considerable amount of money, some of which I have used to pay off law enforcement and judges. Also, I have a strong and thoroughly amoral legal team on my side. Maybe I eventually go to prison, but it takes much longer. And, until that day, I live the life of the well-to-do.

Third case: I am a prominent figure within an influential faction of a very powerful rogue state. I arrange circumstances which result in the killing of many, many persons. Far more than in the first two cases. There is absolutely no chance I will ever face justice for my crimes. I can so take my immunity for granted that I don't even bother thinking about it. In fact, I am allowed to speak with and influence the "young leaders" among those very people whom I have victimized.

If there were true universal justice, the witch would burn.

On the brighter side, you can be sure that these "meetings" are thoroughly infiltrated by patriots.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed May 18, 2016 5:13 am

And government. I know they monitor these things very thoroughly. But it just seems odd that Russia has banned so many others yet not her.

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:39 pm

Pentagon May Use Loophole In Law to Cooperate with Rosoboronexport

Pentagon may take the advantage of a loophole in 2017 Department of Defense (DoD) Appropriations Act to revive cooperation with single Russian exporter of military hardware, JSC Rosoboronexport. It was revealed by the Intelligence Online bulletin.

According to the media outlet, the US Congress is discussing 2017 DoD Appropriations Act. The related amendment would allow the Pentagon’s chief, Ashton Carter, and the head of the national intelligence, James Clapper, to lift the sanctions introduced by the US against Rosoboronexport in order to serve the national interests of the United States.

In such a context, both officials would have to notify in writing the US Senate and House of Representatives committees on armed services that Rosoboronexport would not sell military hardware to Syria’s governmental forces and the servicemen of the Main Intelligence Directorate (Russian acronym: GRU, Glavnoye Razvedivatelnoye Upravlenie) would not "destabilize the Ukraine political situation".

The United States imposed sanctions against the Rosoboronexport company on August 28, 2015. At the same time, the exporter of military hardware remains the valuable foreign partner of the DoD as Pentagon acquires Russian defense equipment for its Middle Eastern allies (primarily Afghanistan) in large quantities.

According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute’s (SIPRI) arms transfers database, the United States ordered from Russia 63 Mil Mi-17V-5 medium military transport helicopters (NATO reporting name: Hip-H) worth USD1.144 billion in 2011-2013. The rotor-wing aircraft had been delivered by late 2014.

nerovergil
    Private
    Private

USA gov is evil

Post  nerovergil on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:58 am

USA want to get rid of Assad so they can put their puppet leader and attack Iran.

Russian want Assad to stay because he is the legitimate leader of Syria. Russian doesnt want Syria to become another Libya, the hub for terrorist.

Putin know, after Syria fall then terrorist will attack Iran. And terrorist final target is Russia.

Fun fact: USA support the terrorist.

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:34 am

Ooh my god, Pepe Escobar is on fire. Shocked

Full Spectrum Dominatrix vs. Off Spectrum Narcissus

History can be a damned good screenwriter – currently presenting an excruciatingly agonizing, do-or-die choice (“Love trumps hate” vs. “Lock her up!”) not only to US voters but also to the whole planet, which will be affected, directly and indirectly, by this choice.

On one side we have a populist over-the-top billionaire pop Narcissus, a.k.a. “cheeto-faced ferret-wearing shitgibbon” (thank you, Scotland) and reality TV con artist peddling himself as the one and only cure to a post-Mad Max American dystopia.

On the other side we have what storyteller and Explainer-in-Chief Bill “In the Spring of 1971, I met a girl” Clinton described as the ultimate workaholic do-gooder chick who also happens to be an Exceptionalist neoliberalcon dedicated to making the world safe for all sorts of dodgy, vested interests, from Wall Street to the industrial-military-intelligence-security-media complex and Israeli-firsters AIPAC. ......

http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20160729/1043757805/us-election-clinton-trump.html

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:12 am

Moscow's decision to halt the Russia-US Plutonium Management and Disposition Agreement (PMDA) is not aimed at a new wave of confrontation with the United States, a member of Russia's Federation Council Defense and Security Committee said Monday.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/military/20161003/1045948752/russia-us-plutonium-deal.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:29 pm

Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:29 pm