Russian Car Industry

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Russian Car Industry

Post  kvs on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:41 pm

TheArmenian wrote:
    kvs,

I voted for your post because of the sales figures of vehicles during January.
    Can you please indicate the source where you got the table from?

By the way, some of the biggest losers are the US makers: GM (Chevrolet and Opel) and Ford
    Hurting the US automakers without placing sanctions Cool

Thanks.

I found the graph via another forum it's from the Association of European Businesses:

http://aebrus.ru/upload/iblock/4d5/eng_car-sales-in-january-2015.pdf

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:12 pm

kvs wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:
    kvs,

By the way, some of the biggest losers are the US makers: GM (Chevrolet and Opel) and Ford

Thanks.

I found the graph via another forum it's from the Association of European Businesses:

By that graph, it appears that Avtovaz may get their wish of owning more than 40% of the Russian car market. That is what they said is their goal.

kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:03 am

sepheronx wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:
    kvs,

Thanks.

By that graph, it appears that Avtovaz may get their wish of owning more than 40% of the Russian car market.  That is what they said is their goal.

The clowns in NATO know that these sanctions are not hurting Russia, especially in the near term and not just the immediate shock effect.
    This is why they are escalating the conflict in Ukraine. They know they need war to destroy Russia's rise. These sick f*cks need to pay
    the ultimate price for such a policy.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Automotive industry in Russia

Post  sepheronx on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:17 am

kvs wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:
    kvs,

Thanks.

By that graph, it appears that Avtovaz may get their wish of owning more than 40% of the Russian car market.  That is what they said is their goal.

The clowns in NATO know that these sanctions are not hurting Russia, especially in the near term and not just the immediate shock effect.
    This is why they are escalating the conflict in Ukraine.  They know they need war to destroy Russia's rise.   These sick f*cks need to pay
    the ultimate price for such a policy.

What can be done besides open war? I would say that Russia is in a bad position over Ukraine and such. Pretty much, the west has fermented hate in the people of these regions. Only other thing is to say they dont want to play the game anymore and start calling all sales of their products in Rubles and start copying whatever tech the west sells, and offer it at a cheaper price, and start purchasing up foreign companies and then stripping them of their assets (like western companies did in Russia). Outside of that, there isn't anything else they can do. Maybe support any nation militarily and economically that is anti American.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:11 am

Russia's AVTOVAZ car manufacturer assembles LADA XRAY pilot prototype

SAMARA, April 21. /TASS/. Russian carmaker AVTOVAZ has assembled the pilot prototype of the LADA XRAY crossover, AVTOVAZ told TASS Tuesday.

"A pilot prototype of LADA XRAY has been assembled at AVTOVAZ. The car was personally inspected by carmaker president Bo Andersson. The assembled car will soon be sent to ride tests," an AVTOVAZ spokesman said.

The carmaker said it is preparing for LADA XRAY production ahead of schedule. "AVTOVAZ is organizing its work so as to start producing LADA XRAY on December 15, 2015," it said.

The LADA XRAY crossover utility vehicle makes part of the three most expected new car models by AVTOVAZ - LADA Vesta, LADA XRAY and LADA XRAY Cross.

The concept of the CUV was presented by AVTOVAZ at the Moscow International Automobile Salon in August 2012. The car was created under the supervision of AVTOVAZ chief designer Steve Mattin, who earlier was the designer of Mercedes-Benz and Volvo. According to Mattin, LADA XRAY is "the quintessence of the DNA of the new style LADA.".

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:01 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:Russia has a proud history of producing reliable working peoples cars and the only reason they have a bad reputation is because people only believe superficial luxury in western brand names because of propaganda.
    I had chance to fiddle with almost all Soviet "reliable" working people cars. Tell me more luxury in western brands like in Ford, VW, Seat, Skoda, Audi. What luxury do You see in them?
    Cause to be all honest Russian car industry still miles away from anything they produce. Even today.
    Soviet cars sucked, motorcycles on other hand were cool Smile

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:08 am

I'm only afraid that Chinese shit on 4 wheels will flood Russia now. Lada Vesta looks promising as cheap runabout, but it can drown in chinese crap if they will go for bigger factories.

Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Cyberspec on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:34 am

IMO, the success of the Chinese automobile industry is inevitable....there are already plenty of "Great Wall" utility trucks on the roads in Australia.

Ford, GM and Toyota are all closing shop by 2017 here

macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  macedonian on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:00 am

Regular wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:Russia has a proud history of producing reliable working peoples cars and the only reason they have a bad reputation is because people only believe superficial luxury in western brand names because of propaganda.
    I had chance to fiddle with almost all Soviet "reliable" working people cars. Tell me more luxury in western brands like in Ford, VW, Seat, Skoda, Audi. What luxury do You see in them?
    Cause to be all honest Russian car industry still miles away from anything they produce. Even today.
    Soviet cars sucked, motorcycles on other hand were cool Smile
    Agreed.
    Though I was sad to learn that Moskvitch closed. That car was a tank. Actually - that's what everyone called here it back in the day.
    I'm talking about the older stuff, not the effin' Aleko! That car was hideous!

The NIVA I always liked too. Even the old design still looked cool to me. Not to mention that its reliability is mythical even today.
    My brother in law told me he wants to buy one, and ditch his Renault Cangoo recently. It's a classic, the NIVA is.

----------------
    Edit: And the Volga. That thing was massive!
    Had an ex-girlfriend who's dad had one, wonder if he still has it... Would be great to restore one of those babies.

Last edited by macedonian on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:52 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding some color :))

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:11 am

The Moskvitch 2141 was actually my fav Russian car, even though the model was generally speaking a pile of crap.

Actually someone in my family as a gift got a "hand-made" 2141 way back in the day, was a pretty big deal.

Firebird
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  Firebird on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:13 pm

I thought the new Lada Vesta looks really really good.
    The X-ray looks good too, and the interior looks an improvement on the concept one version.

With a patriotic local market of 145m people (and many more outside Fedn borders), and tech collaborations with others, I think this has a really good chance of success.
    Plus Russia is competitive in wage terms vs much of Europe and Asia. It just needs to strike the right balance between price, quality and appeal.

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:57 am

Forget all the armor, the REAL G of the parade!

TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TheArmenian on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:16 pm

Looks photoshopped

macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  macedonian on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:20 pm

TheArmenian wrote:Looks photoshopped
    the clouds maybe, everything else seems legit

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:32 pm

Russian car sales fell 38% in May as ruble gains eased pressure

MOSCOW (Bloomberg) -- Russian car sales slumped 38 percent in May. It's the country's a fifth straight month of decline this year, but the dip was less severe than a 42 percent drop in April as government measures to assist the industry start to provide some help.

Sales of new cars and light commercial vehicles dropped to 125,801 units last month from 201,487 a year ago, the Association of European Businesses in Russia said Monday in a statement.

"This relative improvement is unlikely to bring about a fundamental turnaround for the market," Joerg Schreiber, chairman of the business group's automobile manufacturers committee, said in the statement. Still, it "should help to slow down the pace of year-on-year sales decline in the coming weeks and months," he said.

The group will update its 2015 forecast next month, Schreiber said. Sales may contract 24 percent this year after a 10 percent drop last year, according to its estimates. Five-month sales are also down 38 percent with 641,933 units sold through May.

Russian consumer demand, which powered growth for more than a decade, withered as the ruble weakened last year and inflation jumped to a 13-year high in March. The government offered subsidized auto loans and allowed consumer leasing in the second quarter after a used-car rebate program started last year failed to ignite sales.

Car costs

The ruble lost about half of its value against the dollar last year, inflating the cost of cars, most of which are manufactured abroad or produced in Russia from imported parts. The ruble has gained more than 8 percent this year, the best performer of currencies tracked by Bloomberg.

Russian state support may boost auto sales by at least 300,000 units this year, Industry Minister Denis Manturov said last month. Sales under the subsidized auto loan program reached 38,500 vehicles in the first month and a half after its introduction, he said.

Russia has succeeded in getting inflation under control, central bank Governor Elvira Nabiullina told lawmakers Monday in Moscow. She said she sees price growth "easing considerably" while inflation risks remain.

Consumer prices rose 15.8 percent in May from a year ago, compared with 16.9 percent in March, the fastest since 2002.

After a 1.9 percent decline in the first three months, Russia's recession will deepen in the second and third quarters, with gross domestic product set to shrink 4 percent in each, according to Bloomberg surveys.

The weaker ruble and inflation are eating into consumers spending and sending real disposable income down 4 percent in April, according to the Federal Statistics Service.

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20150608/ANE/150609881/russian-car-sales-fell-38-in-may-as-ruble-gains-eased-pressure

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:16 pm

Pretty soon Europe will be flooded with cheap Chinese cars manufactured in Russia. Good news for everyone except  for EU car industry. lol1

Chinese auto giant «Lifan» started the construction of full-cycle plant in Lipetsk region

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/65202/

I have my eye on sweet Range Rover knockoff for 15000 bucks. thumbsup

Also:

AvtoVAZ has announced the first statement on the conveyor body LADA XRAY

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/65151/

The prototype Lada XRay seen on tests in Togliatti

http://cont.ws/post/88258

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:22 pm

Russia’s GAZ Group to start serial production of self-driving cars by 2030 — company

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:06 am

Futuristic Lada Vesta Revs Up to Hit the Roads in Russia

Car manufacturer AvtoVAZ announced it’s begun pre-series production on its brand-new Lada Vesta model on the company’s 49th birthday.

Four hundred and fifty units of the car — a restyled version of the concept model — are due to be assembled in this pre-production phase before the Vesta goes serial, which is scheduled for September 25...........continued

http://sputniknews.com/science/20150721/1024854224.html

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:13 am

Russia's Sollers, Toyota cancel Land Cruiser Prado production contract

MOSCOW, August 17. /TASS/. Russian car producer Sollers and Japanese car giant Toyota cancelled contract on manufacturing Land Cruiser Prado cars in Russia’s Far East, Sollers official representative told TASS on Monday.

"The production was suspended in July. As of today the contract has been cancelled," he said, adding that in order to resume manufacturing of Toyota cars at Sollers plant the 2 sides will have to make a new contract.

Earlier Toyota announced launch of upgraded version of Land Cruiser Prado in Russia. The company said the new model is manufactured at Toyota’s Tahara plant in Japan and is imported to Russia.

Sollers representative said the manufacturing site, which earlier produced LC Prado, currently manufactures Mazda cars.

Sollers owns production sites that produce Russian UAZ and Korean SsangYong SUVs, Japanese ISUZU trucks, and ZMZ petrol and diesel engines. It works in partnership with Ford, SsangYong, Toyota, Mazda and Isuzu.

Firebird
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  Firebird on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:33 pm

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150728/1025145424.html

This Wolf supercar would be terrific if it is ever produced.
    If little companies like Pagani/Koenigse can produce supercars, why not Russia?

It'll also be interesting to see what the presidential line of cars will be like. And whether the Zil or Marussia badge will be used.

With the large number of Russian/CIS supercar buyers, there's no reason why Russia cant be a manufacturing centre for them in thef uture.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Guy can keep dreaming.

Since domestic made cars using majority to 100% domestic components was what was accounted as 90% of cars sold this year in Russia (and cheaper models), I find it highly unlikely that really expensive cars will ever gain traction again.

I too am awaiting for Zil's upcoming limo. Marussia is no longer existing. If the Zil works out great, they could release regular sedans with similar engine and components, which would make it cheaper over time, and still give the so called luxury.

Firebird
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  Firebird on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:11 pm

sepheronx wrote:Guy can keep dreaming.

Since domestic made cars using majority to 100% domestic components was what was accounted as 90% of cars sold this year in Russia (and cheaper models), I find it highly unlikely that really expensive cars will ever gain traction again.

I too am awaiting for Zil's upcoming limo. Marussia is no longer existing. If the Zil works out great, they could release regular sedans with similar engine and components, which would make it cheaper over time, and still give the so called luxury.

Good thing is that it will be a Putin limo, a 4x4, a standard saloon/sedan etc and a people carrier.

I know the staff were moved to some other division and Marussia Cars is effectively gone. But Marussia Motorsport still exists (albeit in an also ran form).  It would be nice tho to have Zil as "super elite", Marussia as "sport/prestige", Lada as "competitive on price" and another in the Audi/BMW category.

With this, I'm thinking more about labels/branding. After all Rolls Royce is BMW, Ferrari is still "Fiat" (I think), Lambo is "Volkswagen/Audi" etc etc. Atleast from one perspective...

To me, the identity of car makes is as important as who's actually doing the engineering.
    I mean Hyundai are probably brilliant mechanically, but people don't say "look at him, he's got a Hyundai".

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:02 am

During corporate holiday AVTOVAZ upgraded the equipment

eehnie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  eehnie on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:59 am

Firebird wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Guy can keep dreaming.

Good thing is that it will be a Putin limo, a 4x4, a standard saloon/sedan etc and a people carrier.

I know the staff were moved to some other division and Marussia Cars is effectively gone. But Marussia Motorsport still exists (albeit in an also ran form).  It would be nice tho to have Zil as "super elite", Marussia as "sport/prestige", Lada as "competitive on price" and another in the Audi/BMW category.

With this, I'm thinking more about labels/branding. After all Rolls Royce is BMW, Ferrari is still "Fiat" (I think), Lambo is "Volkswagen/Audi" etc etc. Atleast from one perspective...

To me, the identity of car makes is as important as who's actually doing the engineering.
    I mean Hyundai are probably brilliant mechanically, but people don't say "look at him, he's got a Hyundai".

We can not measure the quality of the luxury cars from the quality of the main brands, but yes, this would be the relation:

Volkswagen owns:
    - Bentley
    - Lamborghini

Fiat owns:
    - Ferrari

BMW owns:
    - Rolls Royce

Neutrality
    Major
    Major

Post  Neutrality on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:00 am

sepheronx wrote:During corporate holiday AVTOVAZ upgraded the equipment

I clearly remember how RBK was creating hysteria out of this. Turns out they were actually modernizing their facility for the upcoming models.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:22 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:22 pm