Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Vityaz SAM system: News

Rpg type 7v
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Re: Vityaz SAM system: News

Post  Rpg type 7v on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:28 pm

TR1 wrote:
    Rpg type 7v wrote:this vytaz thing is a huge waste of resourses , 2016 and you have- pesa? Laughing Shocked Embarassed tongue 
    You are right, like new Arleigh Burkes with PESA, it is useless.

What an amateur analysis lol.
    burkes radars are older! then vytaz which is not even is serial production..whatever...

Mindstorm
    Captain
    Captain

Post  Mindstorm on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:53 pm

TR1 wrote:
    Mindstorm wrote:
    dionis wrote:As I mentioned in another thread, Vann, there's Harpoon variants that offer 280KM range.
    What Harpoon variant do you mean dionis ?
    Probably air launched @ high altitude and supersonic speeds.
    TR1 i know perfectly what version it mean.......simply it has not given the necessary attention to the missile's dimensions and effective profile of flight in the attack.

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Everything is as planed ... nice. 

New medium-range SAM "Hero" is scheduled to ship to the troops in 2015-2016

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:13 am

Got some info on S-350E from http://www.missiles.ru/

S-350E provide reliable problem solving defense of civil and military installations from various massive strikes, including high-speed and stealth, including tactical and operational-tactical ballistic missiles, modern and future air attack. The effectiveness of air defense missile systems based on its ability to simultaneously reflect the impacts of different types of air attack from any direction (round) at all altitudes of their flight (from extremely low to high altitude) in any weather conditions, day and night in difficult noise conditions.

The composition of the AAMS include: command and control point (MODU) 50K6E, multifunction radar (MFR) 50N6E (up to 2 units) and launchers (PU) 50P6E (up to 8 units) with twelve anti-aircraft guided missiles of medium-range 9M96E2 (developer - of "IBC "Torch" them. PD Grushin "). The main highlight of the AAMS is multifunctional radar detection of air targets of a new type which has no analogues in Russia. This station is the main communication tool of S-350E, working in a circular and sectoral modes and provides tracking up to 100 targets. Manage MPR and PU done remotely from the point of command and control, which can be removed from them at a distance of 2 km. All components are placed on AAMS unified chassis BAZ-69092-012, manufactured by JSC "Bryansk Wheeled Tractor Plant." The launcher is designed for transportation, storage, automatic prelaunch and launch anti-aircraft guided missiles. Missile launches are possible at intervals of 2 seconds System C-350E is capable of hitting up to 16 or up to 12 aerodynamic ballistic targets, the maximum number of simultaneously induced SAM - 32. This provides for aerodynamic purposes loss ranges from 1.5 to 60 km altitude and - from 0.01 up to 30 km, and ballistic - 1.5 to 30 km, and between 2 and 25 km, respectively. Time to bring in funds AAMS embattled from the march is only five minutes, a crew - 3 people. The system has high mobility and survivability, can operate autonomously, conducting independent military operations, and as part of air defense groups under the control of the parent command posts. Combat work S-350E is taught entirely automatically, and provides only a crew trained to work AAMS and controls the subsequent course of the fighting.

http://missiles2go.ru/

Plenty of room for "Hero"

n During the work Airshow on questions "Arrows" answered deputy General Director-General by organization Research and development - first replaced stitel General Designer JSC "GSKB" Almaz - Antey " Nicholas Nenartovich.

- A than more can attract Foreign partners our "Hero"?

- In S-350E fundamentally new architecture locator. It is applied fully digital signal processing. Dramatically reduced the amount of equipment several times reduced the number of units compared with the S-400 "Triumph", without derating AAMS.

In the production of significantly reduced the complexity of manufacturing. And most importantly, perhaps, is that all those approaches which are laid to create the C-350E, serve as the basis for all our further developments. In the future, we plan to create a line of multi-function radars for air defense missile systems of various types of missile defense, air defense long-range, medium-range.

However, this requirement is the time - to build on the common technological approaches, single equipment that allows to unify the product. And in the "Vityaz" we laid evrokonstruktiv modern, which is much simpler and at the same time effectively applied earlier. Worked out a new antenna design that significantly less expensive.

- A as one can position new AAMS -350 C to E respect to C and -300 With -400 "Triumph"?

- S-350E is positioned as a system that should replace the S-300PT (PS). You and I have had the first such system boundary of the affected area of ​​75 km. The new complex, we also go out to a range of 60 km, but the ammunition on one launcher of 12 missiles that significantly more "trehsotki." In addition, the locator works in fully automatic mode, and a crew is in paragraph combat control and protected from attacks of the same type of high-speed anti-radar missiles HARM.

In S-350E laid great modernization potential. The same launcher AAMS further can take not only medium-range missile, but also short-range missiles.

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:03 pm

thumbsup 

State trials of Vityaz missile system to end by 2015 - Almaz-Antey exec

things are going smooth with Vityaz.

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Nice  russia 

Production of anti-aircraft S-350 "Hero" will begin next year

Test air defense missile system ( ADMS) C-350 " Hero ", first presented in August at the MAKS-2013, should be completed by early 2015, after production begins, the general director of the North-West Regional Center of Concern PVO " Almaz-Antey " ( Developer SAM) Michael Podvyaznikov . According weapons program, with 2016 expected to begin shipping the new complex in troops, company intends to sustain this period, he added. Production complexes involved belongs to the concern " GOZ Obukhov plant "in St. Petersburg.

SAM " Vityaz "is fully automatic - a crew provides only deploy complex and controls the course of hostilities, said in the prospectus " Almaz-Antey ". It uses rocket 9M96E2 created based on " small "missile system S-300, whereby one launcher accommodates 12 rockets at once. Two multifunction radar guidance to enable simultaneous 32 missiles on 16 aerodynamic targets, defeat is provided at a range of up to 60 km and at an altitude of 10 m to 30 km. Possible defeat ballistic targets. Although the " Vityaz "if necessary, may act autonomously, in Russia it will be part of a hierarchical system of air defense system along with short-range " shell "complexes and long-range S-400 and S-500 and replace the outdated S-300PS modification. According Podvyaznikova production volume of the new complex will be sufficient to fully replace the C-300.

On what gear will be based production model " Vityaz "show trials Podvyaznikov added. Variants of production " Bryansk Automobile Plant "and " Minsk Wheel Tractor Plant. "

Only technique to force air and space defense weapons in the state program for 2011-2020. planned to allocate more than 3.4 trillion rubles.

http://www.vedomosti.ru/companies/news/21674331/proizvodstvo-zenitnyh-kompleksov-vityaz-nachnetsya-v#ixzz2rKg7DFsF

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:17 pm

I thought it would have more range than that as S-300PS has 90km range, no? Then again, article mentions export variant missiles.

medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  medo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:36 pm

As I know, 9M96E2 have range of 120 km. 9M96D have range of 60 km and I think it is domestic version of export 9M96E1, which have range of 40 km. Maybe domestic long range 9M96 could have range around 150 km.

Those missiles are also part of Redut complex in Steregushy and Gorshkov class ships. I think Steregushy class have shorter range missiles and Gorshkov have long range missiles to use with 4 polyment radars FCS. Redut in Gorshkov will be true naval Vityaz.

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Yes 20380s definitely have the smaller ranged missiles.

They have a hard enough time with Furke, the 150km missiles would be out of its capability.

Limiting the export missile to 60km is weird though. Especially since it is a huge hit (50% or more) and considering that Russia sells the longer ranged Favorit...

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:11 pm

attack  thumbsup 

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Thu May 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Another confirmation - Almaz-Antey seems not to have any problems with it

Russia will start serial production of complex defense "Hero" in 2015

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

9M100

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat May 24, 2014 2:07 am

9M100

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

Some of the Older and the Newer Variants of the 9M96 Family

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat May 24, 2014 2:22 am

Some of the older and newer variants of the 9M96 family:

navyfield
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  navyfield on Sat May 24, 2014 8:12 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:9M100

strange it has no canards.

Stealthflanker
    Major
    Major

Post  Stealthflanker on Sat May 24, 2014 10:49 pm

navyfield wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:9M100

strange it has no canards.

it might not need any.
    It can still however gain high maneuverability through TVC.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sun May 25, 2014 12:05 pm

It will have full thrust vector control so external control surfaces can be minimised.

This means that the air launched model has few folding parts so it can be carried in internal bays or on multiple ejector racks on conventional pylons.

It is also going to be a CIWS missile like Sea Ram for the Russian Navy and as a short range defence missile like TOR for the Army... in the vertical launcher it will likely use side thruster rockets to roll on to target like TOR... and may use side thruster rockets in the terminal phase of the attack to ensure a hit.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:02 am

Datasheet in Russian

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:13 am

This picture makes it look like the Vityaz could carry up to 48 9M100 missiles! Assuming it can hold 4 per "cell" and there are 12 cells... I need confirmation that this is true, that is where you guys come in. If this is true, the Vityaz could hold something like 16 9M100s and 8 of the larger 9M96 missiles.

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:00 am

Mike E wrote:This picture makes it look like the Vityaz could carry up to 48 9M100 missiles! Assuming it can hold 4 per "cell" and there are 12 cells... I need confirmation that this is true, that is where you guys come in. If this is true, the Vityaz could hold something like 16 9M100s and 8 of the larger 9M96 missiles.

The TEL for the variant of Vityaz' that was publicly displayed can technically carry 12 missiles of the 9M96 family, 48 missiles of the 9M100 family, a combination of these, or ...

What they would tactically do is a different matter.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:31 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Mike E wrote:This picture makes it look like the Vityaz could carry up to 48 9M100 missiles! Assuming it can hold 4 per "cell" and there are 12 cells... I need confirmation that this is true, that is where you guys come in. If this is true, the Vityaz could hold something like 16 9M100s and 8 of the larger 9M96 missiles.

The TEL for the variant of Vityaz' that was publicly displayed can technically carry 12 missiles of the 9M96 family, 48 missiles of the 9M100 family, a combination of these, or ...

Thanks!!! I wonder if the Vityaz batteries will even need Pantsirs to defend them (Noticed how I said need versus have.). I guess it depends on the amount of 9M100s held...

- I hate to ask for something, but.... Do you have any good sources on the 9M100 missile? I can't find much on it...

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:40 am

Mike E wrote:

Thanks!!! I wonder if the Vityaz batteries will even need Pantsirs to defend them (Noticed how I said need versus have.). I guess it depends on the amount of 9M100s held...

I agree with you. Actually the 9M96 alone is capable of fully defending the battery. The role of Pantsir' in PVO is not to defend the PVO assets (that, of course, is a secondary/tertiary role); Pantsir's primary role is to provide three more tiers of defense, with its longer-ranged family of missiles, with its shorter-ranged family of missiles, and with its guns. What Pantsir' is really offering is resource/cost optimization.

Mike E wrote:I hate to ask for something, but.... Do you have any good sources on the 9M100 missile? I can't find much on it...

Other than some pictures of the 9M100 that I have posted on this thread or maybe elsewhere on this forum (all 6 pictures that I have), I really haven't seen much more on the topic.

I have read (in a magazine, maybe Jane's or Airforces Monthly) that it's 125 mm in diameter. The length is around 3 meters. I am sure there would be infinite (approximately) different models of it.

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:50 am

Mike E wrote:

I agree with you. Actually the 9M96 alone is capable of fully defending the battery. The role of Pantsir' in PVO is not to defend the PVO assets (that, of course, is a secondary/tertiary role); Pantsir's primary role is two provide three more tiers of defense, with its longer-ranged missile, with its shorter-ranged missile, and with its guns.

Mike E wrote:I hate to ask for something, but.... Do you have any good sources on the 9M100 missile? I can't find much on it...

Other than some pictures of the 9M100 that I have posted on this thread or maybe elsewhere on this forum (all 6 pictures that I have), I really haven't seen much more on the topic.

I have read (in a magazine, maybe Jane's or Airforces Monthly) that it's 125 mm in diameter. The length is around 3 meters. I am sure there would be infinite (approximately) different models of it.

- I also agree, but (at least to myself) having the 9M100 (even just a couple) is valuable if the threat is within 5 or so kilometers. (Like having the Pantsir in the first place, as you said, it is nice having yet another tier of defense. Also, I would think that the 9M100 is cheaper than the 9M96 family of missiles.) Having the 9M96 + Pantsir and its weapons + 9M100 = "no-fly zone".

- Thank you for answering that question! The 9M100 seems like a rather 'secretive" missile, and I expect that magazines would have the most info.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:19 pm

Air defense missile system S-350 "Vityaz" mass production will begin in 2015

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:07 am

Nice thumbsup

Anti-aircraft missile system "Hero" entered service in 2016

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:09 pm

New Generation Self-Homing Missile Will Bolster Russian Air Defense

Russia’s air defenders will soon be using super-maneuverable missile systems equipped with new generation munitions, a Defense Ministry spokesman said on Tuesday.

“In addition to the S-400 systems, our air defense forces will start receiving the S-350 Vityaz missiles, which are more maneuverable and boast self-homing warheads of a new generation,” Colonel Igor Klimov told RIA Novosti news agency.

The Vityaz-350 systems are scheduled to enter service in 2016.

The S-350E Vityaz (Knight) is a short-to-mid range air defense missile system intended to provide point defense against aircraft and precision attacks.

It was developed by Almaz-Antey Company as a replacement for the ageing S-300PS, which was developed back in the early 1980s.

The 9M96E naval version guided missile under development will be called Redut.

Russia’s airspace is currently protected by S-400 Triumf and S-300 Favorit missiles, and Pantsir-S short to medium range surface-to-air missile and anti-aircraft artillery system.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20150708/1024352201.html#ixzz3fJReZYSg

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:10 pm

Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:10 pm