Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Politics of Russia Thread:

    Share

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2542
    Points : 2675
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  kvs on Sun May 22, 2016 3:21 pm

    A purge of the monetarist vermin would be a very good thing. But it should have been done right after election as it is done in the
    USA. The newly elected president has full rights to clean house. If Putin is waiting for some rot-induced crisis to justify the purge
    then he is making the vermin into martyrs. They will be converted into celebrities by NATO and "victims of Putin's oppression".

    This article highlights a very important detail. Putin is the main corruption fighter in the country. This is the total opposite of the
    propaganda spewed by NATO and its 5th column in Russia. All the demonization of Putin is because he gets in the way of the
    agenda of various foreign and domestic interests. This begs the question about the so-called NATO democracies. I never see
    the elected leaders stepping in to fix problems. And it is clear that the "system" is not perfect that these leaders just need to sit
    and watch. Given the sort of dynamics we see in Russia, it is fair to assume that there are universal aspects to it as far as human
    societies are concerned. This tells me that corruption in NATO is simply ignored and hidden.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  sepheronx on Sun May 22, 2016 3:27 pm

    I think it will happen after 2018 elections.  Since doing it now will just do what you say it will do - be heavy propaganda.  By 2018 though, I bet many of the current guys will find themselves out of a job.

    Edit: and so what if they are labeled as martyrs by the west? The west is so hated now, whatever they promote in Russia is usually unpopular and hated.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  sepheronx on Tue May 24, 2016 6:21 pm

    http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/05/head-of-us-embassy-in-moscows-political.html?m=1

    How are they allowed to keep doing this? Are embassy employees everywhere allowed to freely travel and meet political oppositions? And allowed to bring in anyone? Is Russia doing same in US and elsewhere?

    AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1150
    Points : 1163
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  AlfaT8 on Tue May 24, 2016 7:09 pm

    sepheronx wrote:http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/05/head-of-us-embassy-in-moscows-political.html?m=1

    How are they allowed to keep doing this? Are embassy employees everywhere allowed to freely travel and meet political oppositions? And allowed to bring in anyone? Is Russia doing same in US and elsewhere?

    Waist of time, there is no real political opposition in the U.S, just a two party system, that are like two sides of the same damn coin.

    Besides this makes it easier to know who's who.

    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 533
    Points : 542
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  Project Canada on Wed May 25, 2016 12:39 am

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/05/head-of-us-embassy-in-moscows-political.html?m=1

    How are they allowed to keep doing this? Are embassy employees everywhere allowed to freely travel and meet political oppositions? And allowed to bring in anyone? Is Russia doing same in US and elsewhere?

    Waist of time, there is no real political opposition in the U.S, just a two party system, that are like two sides of the same damn coin.

    Besides this makes it easier to know who's who.


    Can the FSB at least hire some thugs to kill him?

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  sepheronx on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:22 am

    Differences Couldn't Be Starker as Putin's United Russia and the Liberal Opposition Hold Primary Elections

    What is interesting about all this though, is that the All Russian Popular Front candidates fared well and shows that it is growing. Sooner or later, this organization may become one of the main candidates to rule. Paranbas? failed hard.

    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:33 am

    sepheronx wrote:http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/05/head-of-us-embassy-in-moscows-political.html?m=1

    How are they allowed to keep doing this? Are embassy employees everywhere allowed to freely travel and meet political oppositions? And allowed to bring in anyone? Is Russia doing same in US and elsewhere?

    but  this meeting is good for Russia ! public info about this meeting is a kiss of death for traitor met...do you think he stand a chance now to be identified as us doggie?



    sepheronx wrote:Differences Couldn't Be Starker as Putin's United Russia and the Liberal Opposition Hold Primary Elections

    What is interesting about all this though, is that the All Russian Popular Front candidates fared well and shows that it is growing.  Sooner or later, this organization may become one of the main candidates to rule. Paranbas? failed hard.

    Puskchov lost? was he noot in Putins team?

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3236
    Points : 3360
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  Vann7 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:53 am

    The Russian government do not inform well its citizens to avoid  traveling to United States.
    But to also to any part of Europe or any other country that US is a puppet state of them.
    A new report shows that a Russian citizen 30 years old ,was arrested in USA ,for taking her
    daughter another Russian citizen to Russia.  Russian government says ,she have been taken
    arrested and is now hostage ,by the illinois state. This is just another example of how Russians
    are disconnected with the world they live.  They traveling to United States in times US is desperate to isolate Russia from the world ,and annoy Russia as much as possible. it will not
    take time a Russia citizens invited to US to practice any sports ,will also be arrested under
    any pretext only to annoy Russia.  

    http://tass.ru/en/society/880059

    Sharapova should better get the out of miami and move to Russia , the more
    desperate American Government becomes , the more erratic and rogue their actions will be.
    Only traitors and people who flee to America to work against Russia will be welcome
    there as heroes like pussy riot or nalvany.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:09 am

    Vann7 wrote:The Russian government do not inform well its citizens to avoid  traveling to United States.
    But to also to any part of Europe or any other country that US is a puppet state of them.
    A new report shows that a Russian citizen 30 years old ,was arrested in USA ,for taking her
    daughter another Russian citizen to Russia.  Russian government says ,she have been taken
    arrested and is now hostage ,by the illinois state. This is just another example of how Russians
    are disconnected with the world they live.  They traveling to United States in times US is desperate to isolate Russia from the world ,and annoy Russia as much as possible. it will not
    take time a Russia citizens invited to US to practice any sports ,will also be arrested under
    any pretext only to annoy Russia.  

    http://tass.ru/en/society/880059

    Sharapova should better get the out of miami and move to Russia , the more
    desperate American Government becomes , the more erratic and rogue their actions will be.
    Only traitors and people who flee to America to work against Russia will be welcome
    there as heroes like pussy riot or nalvany.

    Russia does actually warn their citizens, much like they warn them about traveling on vacation to muslim countries with spotty security, yet Russians seem to go. I mean, they are a patriotic bunch that decided to cancel trip to Turkey, but they end up elsewhere, where it isn't safe or even less safe than Turkey is. But yet, many will travel to US regardless of the current issues between the two countries. It all breaks down to own stupidity. I recall that once not so long ago a Russian diplomat told their people that they cannot tell them were they can and cannot go, but that their security is their own hands. And rightly so. Canadian government would tell me not to go to Afghanistan, but if I decide to go myself and get myself killed or captured in some sort of terrorist camp, then I am screwed and the Canadian government cant do much about it.

    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 533
    Points : 542
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  Project Canada on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:09 am

    Vann7 wrote:The Russian government do not inform well its citizens to avoid  traveling to United States.
    But to also to any part of Europe or any other country that US is a puppet state of them.
    A new report shows that a Russian citizen 30 years old ,was arrested in USA ,for taking her
    daughter another Russian citizen to Russia.  Russian government says ,she have been taken
    arrested and is now hostage ,by the illinois state. This is just another example of how Russians
    are disconnected with the world they live.  They traveling to United States in times US is desperate to isolate Russia from the world ,and annoy Russia as much as possible. it will not
    take time a Russia citizens invited to US to practice any sports ,will also be arrested under
    any pretext only to annoy Russia.  

    http://tass.ru/en/society/880059

    Sharapova should better get the out of miami and move to Russia , the more
    desperate American Government becomes , the more erratic and rogue their actions will be.
    Only traitors and people who flee to America to work against Russia will be welcome
    there as heroes like pussy riot or nalvany.

    If I were Russia I would do the same and arrest an American citizen inside Russia and just make up some stories to justify it. America can whine for all they want lol

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:15 am

    Project Canada wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:The Russian government do not inform well its citizens to avoid  traveling to United States.
    But to also to any part of Europe or any other country that US is a puppet state of them.
    A new report shows that a Russian citizen 30 years old ,was arrested in USA ,for taking her
    daughter another Russian citizen to Russia.  Russian government says ,she have been taken
    arrested and is now hostage ,by the illinois state. This is just another example of how Russians
    are disconnected with the world they live.  They traveling to United States in times US is desperate to isolate Russia from the world ,and annoy Russia as much as possible. it will not
    take time a Russia citizens invited to US to practice any sports ,will also be arrested under
    any pretext only to annoy Russia.  

    http://tass.ru/en/society/880059

    Sharapova should better get the out of miami and move to Russia , the more
    desperate American Government becomes , the more erratic and rogue their actions will be.
    Only traitors and people who flee to America to work against Russia will be welcome
    there as heroes like pussy riot or nalvany.

    If I were Russia I would do the same and arrest an American citizen inside Russia and just make up some stories to justify it

    That would be a mistake actually. Not because Russia is afraid of any reprecussion, but because it would magnify the propaganda and put some truth to it. What is making EU second and third guess itself regarding sanctions, is because people are aware and are not stupid to the whole "Russia is evil" mantra. Instead it is only the few, the ones who are villified and deemed evil in the media are the ones who are making the rules (for now). You think Merkel and the likes will last forever? No. Merkel, Hollende, etc are all hated profusely by their own people. In the end, randomly arresting people is stupid. If Russians want to travel, that is their own fault. If Russians want to flee to act as filfth columnists and get paid for media attention while having less and less, to the point of almost negative (impossible but then again, nothing is these days) popularity in their previous countries, then so be it. The point is, all that is happening is evidence enough for me (someone who lives in Canada, not Russia) that Russia is a more democratic state than US, regardless of its petty little problems that may be more noticeable there than here.

    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 533
    Points : 542
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  Project Canada on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:57 am

    sepheronx wrote:

    That would be a mistake actually.  Not because Russia is afraid of any reprecussion, but because it would magnify the propaganda and put some truth to it.  What is making EU second and third guess itself regarding sanctions, is because people are aware and are not stupid to the whole "Russia is evil" mantra.  Instead it is only the few, the ones who are villified and deemed evil in the media are the ones who are making the rules (for now).  You think Merkel and the likes will last forever? No.  Merkel, Hollende, etc are all hated profusely by their own people.  In the end, randomly arresting people is stupid.  If Russians want to travel, that is their own fault.  If Russians want to flee to act as filfth columnists and get paid for media attention while having less and less, to the point of almost negative (impossible but then again, nothing is these days) popularity in their previous countries, then so be it.  The point is, all that is happening is evidence enough for me (someone who lives in Canada, not Russia) that Russia is a more democratic state than US, regardless of its petty little problems that may be more noticeable there than here.

    You have a point, Its just frustrating how the US has a free pass to make these stupid moves while Russia has to play nice all the time or else
    about what you've said regarding people seeing the US what it really is, which is a tyrant state, there is still a huge majority who are ignorant to the truth. I'd like to share an experience of mine while having a friendly chat with a Russian immigrant here in NB, I myself is an immigrant in Canada btw. Anyways, I was on my way home from an appointment, when I got into a taxi I noticed the driver has a kind of slavic accent so I inquired if he was Russian, and he said he is and that he was from Novosibirsk and had been here in Canada for atleast more than a decade. So we had a discussion about a number of topics about Russia and he was surprised how much I know about Russia, I said to him that I had great interest in Russia since childhood (actually I only started getting interested in Russia after playing Red Alert 2, in Red Alert 1 I always chose Ukraine because their tanks are cheaper) We had a great talk until I mentioned Putin, I was wrong to assume that he liked Putin, so I was kinda surprised to learn that he was strongly against Putin and his policies and even compared Putin to a dog, But I never bothered to debate with him about that. Though I tried to defend Putin with his achievements over Boris Yeltsin, the Russian countered that oil prices were low during the 90s and only got profitable during Putin's time etc. I can clearly see that he too has been brainwashed by Canadian (mainstream) bias towards Russians in Russia/Putin. In conclusion, more efforts needs to be done to awaken people to the real Evil of USA

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:22 am

    Not everyone likes Putin, and this goes in Russia, hence why his popularity rating is only 80+ %. The issue is that some are more extreme than others regarding why they hate him. Some see him as a reflection of Yeltsin simply because of him being one of Yeltsin's men. Some expect that he was a savior of some sort. Some are absolutely blind and think ill of him because they were told to in order to stay in Canada or US without facing hatred and a move to "fit in". I met various ones here who are pro Putin to the point that it was scary and there are others that don't care and there are those who are die hard hatred of him - TR1 is an example of that. That doesn't mean they hate their homeland. Some wish Russia was a vassal of US, some wish that it was stronger and that Putin failed at that, etc etc etc.

    What is important isn't the people outside of Russia, but the people inside of Russia, for Russia. It is about how Russian's feel and how they perceive their own country. It may be true about Russia's education system and how advanced they are in method of education in the university level, but that doesn't stop them from being retarded. There are plenty of retarded Russians. There are plenty of Retarded anyone. It is all about those who want to stay. There are Russians, that no matter how much money the state gives them and how much freedom they give them, that they will hate their own country. They will hate their own people, etc etc etc. Who cares about them. Those people are not popular. A Russian member on MP.net told me this, that once a loser, always a loser - no matter what country you run off to. He also told me to get a life, and he is correct as back then, I just defended Russia on anything, even bad stuff that I do not actually agree with. I realize now what he is saying, and I realize that you just cannot win everyone over. The Russians who hate Putin will vote for someone else. The ones who have no faith in their country anymore have left, and they no longer matter to the nation and the future of it. So long as all of us do not live in Russia, none of us make any difference. None of us and what we talk about really matters. But all we are doing is just doing what we should do, inform the none Russians that they are not our enemies, and that instead, they are our friends. To keep them more informed. IF other Russians want to simply just live a lie, that is their own. You just need to counter every argument, counter it with proof and logic. Just because one was Russian 15 years ago, doesn't mean he is well aware of what is happening now. As well, he is somewhat right, Putin and the rest relied upon oil and gas for quite some time and it is only NOW where they are putting more emphasis on local development. And that isn't really in domestic investments, but actually in the fact sanctions have lead businesses no choice and find alternative and use their own resources and debt in order to grow. So I wouldn't praise Putin on that one either. I praise him on his foreign abilities and his nationalistic stance of the country - Country and countrymen come first. His policy on far east of Russia and further development for investments is what I praise. What I do not praise is that it took him years to realize the west isn't friends. It took a long time to try and develop a more domestic sense of development using own funds and own goals.

    higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2130
    Points : 2245
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  higurashihougi on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:18 am

    http://vn.sputniknews.com/russia/20160721/2171363/o-nga-cam-to-bao-voi-hinh-anh-lenin-stalin.html

    In short, Krasnoyarsk Committee of Election banned the circulation of one newspaper of Communist Party. Because that newspaper uses the image of I. V. Stalin and V. I. Lenin.

    According to Communist Party leader, The Election Committee said that Lenin and Stalin does not participate in the election pwnd therefore their images cannot be used pwnd pwnd

    The Communist Party is trying to circulate the newspaper, though.

    OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 817
    Points : 836
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 21
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  OminousSpudd on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:24 pm

    Putin relieves Sergey Ivanov of duties:
    https://www.rt.com/news/355641-putin-relieves-duties-chief-staff/

    Khepesh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1654
    Points : 1723
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  Khepesh on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:49 pm

    Probably just got tired and death of his son may weigh heavily on him still

    Khepesh
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1654
    Points : 1723
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  Khepesh on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:01 pm

    Potential sucessor to Putin?

    Barsik the cat, already "People's Mayor" of Barnaul, has formed a party, the PKB Party of the cat Barsik, backed by 10,000 supporters, and called to debate against party leader of Yabloko, Grigory Yavlinskiy.
    https://vk.com/public110097658
    https://life.ru/t/политика/892252/kot_barsik_vyzval_na_politichieskuiu_duel_ghrighoriia_iavlinskogho
    Zhirinovsky is going to have to do better than ride a donkey to beat this cat.....


    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 533
    Points : 542
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  Project Canada on Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:22 am



    Expert: Requirements of Russian anti terrorist package contradict import substitution idea

    http://tass.com/politics/894966


    Expert is arguing that Russia Does not have the technology to produce data servers to house such enormous amount of data and a huge part of the budget to implement the program will go to foreign companies who is capable of producing the needed datebase systems, I think this is actually a good opportunity to task Russian computer companies to Develop their own technology to produce such systems, the so-called Expert's attitude to this issue is self defeatist at best.

    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2542
    Points : 2675
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  kvs on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:02 am

    Project Canada wrote:


    Expert: Requirements of Russian anti terrorist package contradict import substitution idea

    http://tass.com/politics/894966


    Expert is arguing that Russia Does not have the technology to produce data servers to house such enormous amount of data and a huge part of the budget to implement the program will go to foreign companies who is capable of producing the needed datebase systems, I think this is actually a good opportunity to task Russian computer companies to Develop their own technology to produce such systems, the so-called Expert's attitude to this issue is self defeatist at best.

    Grade A bullshit. The media always find "experts" with an agenda or an axe to grind. This clown is peddling some business angle
    probably related to political destabilization of Russia. All the data management companies on the planet use the same commodity
    hard disks made by the same collection of manufacturers. These manufacturers have moved their production lines to China so
    Russia can source these parts whatever sanctions Uncle Scam and his minion impose or try to impose.

    It used to be that RAID systems used hardware XOR engines (e.g. 3Ware) but these days it is done in software on dedicated compute
    nodes that exclusively service the RAID arrays. So the Russian government can contract t Platforms (http://www.t-platforms.com/)
    to put together a petabyte storage array using custom cabinets, cooling and a cleaned up Linux distribution. The critical piece is the
    file system. Some species of Lustre or a GPFS-like distributed file system is needed. I am not convinced that a country that can
    produce the Elbrus CPU has no capacity to produce a Lustre type file system:

    http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7399/

    http://www.rscgroup.ru/sites/default/files/rss_is_leading_in_top500_list_among_russian_systems_sc14_eng_final.pdf

    Russia can buy Chinese products:

    http://huawei.com/ru/products/storage-security/cloud-stor/css-cloud-storage-system/index.htm

    There are open source solutions that can handle large parallel systems and it is a myth that only business products can handle the
    job.

    https://lvee.org/en/abstracts/33


    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:04 pm

    http://stalkerzone.org/protest-ekaterinburg-russia-destruction/

    Apparently yaketerinberg is a 5th columnists hotbed. Mayor made comment about how he was glad about the dead protesters in Odessa and stared at.George's ribbon is a handkerchief. So why wasn't this fool ousted. At least the party he was part of that got him into power is protesting him

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  sepheronx on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:12 pm

    Can Russia Survive Washington’s Challenge?

    It essentially talks about the fifth columnists who currently reside in United Russia party and in society that is causing trouble for Russia and Putin, and these are the people that for some reason, Putin didn't get rid of.


    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2542
    Points : 2675
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  kvs on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:15 pm

    sepheronx wrote:Can Russia Survive Washington’s Challenge?

    It essentially talks about the fifth columnists who currently reside in United Russia party and in society that is causing trouble for Russia and Putin, and these are the people that for some reason, Putin didn't get rid of.


    Getting "rid" of them is not a simple task. If you set up a witch hunt to root out the 5th column it will be like the 1930s and the 5th column
    will use the witch hunt to ruin innocent people and undermine the government. As they say, keep your friends close but your enemies closer.
    Having these 5th column maggots in their current spots also puts constraints on them. The main thing is for all relevant parties to know that
    they are there. Russia is very far from Banderstan in terms of 5th column infiltration and control. They don't have the critical mass so trying
    to get rid of them makes them into martyrs for no good reason and creates all sorts of other problems.

    If Putin really does oversee the purge of the CBR monetarists and their fellow travelers in the ministry of finance then that will be actually a
    major accomplishment. I think we do not know how badly Putin's hands are actually tied. All the yapping about "tyrant" from the NATO
    propaganda chorus is a steaming pile of crap. But Putin has at least been moving Russia in the right direction and the 5th column that was
    in charge during the 1990s is losing power every day.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:21 am

    I dunno.  One thing that gets me is the current political scene in Russia.  Essentially it is Putin and Everyone else.  So in other words, what will happen when Putin stands down? Lavrov is old too and clearly Ivanov is in no position anymore.  So what is left? The fifth column.  They got younger people like Medvedev and Navalny that seem to get a lot of air time.  So what does the non liberal movement have?  This is the issue that once Putin steps down for good, that there will be no one else to take over and it will just end up like Ukraine or worst.

    There really is no one else in Russia it seems.

    Unless of course you guys happen to know.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15490
    Points : 16197
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  GarryB on Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:57 am

    Don't be silly Kvs... don't you realise all those things the west says about Putin are true... he can have someone murdered at the click of his fingers... which does not explain why he doesn't deal with all his enemies that way...

    Putin does not play by the rules like the west does... Hahahahaahaha and if you don't believe me I will impose sanctions against you...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 533
    Points : 542
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  Project Canada on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:33 am


    maybe the siloviki can pull something off to keep the nationalists in power, in the 90s Russia was dominated by Liberat traitors and things seemed lost until suddenly Putin came to power, maybe Putin's successor is at the moment keeping a low profile to avoid pre emptive demagoguery from the 5th column traitors and the west

    Sponsored content

    Re: Politics of Russia Thread:

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:31 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:31 pm