Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Soviet POWs in WW2

    Share

    BTRfan
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 437
    Points : 477
    Join date : 2010-09-30
    Location : USA

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  BTRfan on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:51 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    Of course, and I have interest in women and interest in sex, but I have absolutely no interest in watching OTHER PEOPLE having sex.

    And because it does not interest you it should be banned?



    I think the desire to watch others having sex is indicative of a mental/emotional/psychological sickness.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15465
    Points : 16172
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  GarryB on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:54 am

    And because you think that it must be true?

    I feel the same about religion and sports on TV.

    What is wrong with people that they are so desperate for answers that they will accept things made up by others.

    Organised religion is a human creation to answer the big questions, yet the answers they offer are meaningless... have faith...

    Sports on TV is a total waste of air time... sports is a social thing you do with friends to keep fit... "they" have turned it into something that divides people within countries and between countries that requires no effort at all... just sit on your arse and yell at the screen. At the end of the game you feel good because someone else ran around a field for an hour or so and beat the other team at something... what a total waste of time... Rolling Eyes

    The difference between you and I however is that I would never demand they ban either.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    BTRfan
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 437
    Points : 477
    Join date : 2010-09-30
    Location : USA

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  BTRfan on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:50 am

    GarryB wrote:

    Sports on TV is a total waste of air time... sports is a social thing you do with friends to keep fit... "they" have turned it into something that divides people within countries and between countries that requires no effort at all... just sit on your arse and yell at the screen. At the end of the game you feel good because someone else ran around a field for an hour or so and beat the other team at something... what a total waste of time... Rolling Eyes

    The difference between you and I however is that I would never demand they ban either.



    I agree, sports on TV is a waste of time, and like you I don't believe it should be banned simply because I don't like it and don't see the value in it.

    However, with porn, I truly believe that it is indicative of a sickness and I see porn as gnawing at the foundation of society. I am not alone in this; there are many psychologists and activists on both sides of the spectrum, right/left, center, even feminists, who believe that pornography is harmful. But just because a lot of experts support my view, does not make it valid. I do not seek to make an "appeal to authority" because that is all too easy and there are competing authorities on the other side who will say the opposite. Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe the evidence is in my favor and we can look back over the last 50-60 years and see that pornography has contributed to damaging Western society.


    As for sports, the only sports activities I will ever watch on TV are MMA because I train MMA/grappling and I have a decent understanding of what is going on and can relate to it on some level. I hope to one day get into the cage in the amateur circuit but that might be a bit down the road for me.

    Other than that, I don't see the value in watching baseball or football, unless you play baseball or football and are trying to gain insight into how professionals handle things. If you are not involved with some sport, then watching sports on TV is essentially an attempt to live vicariously through others.

    Americans would be much healthier if they would get off the couch, shut off the football game, and go form a local football team with their friends and co-workers, their team could face another team from another factory/plan. Heck, they'd be better off if they just turned off the sports and went outside to walk, jog, run, hike, bicycle, or anything.


    But as you said, failing to see the value in watching sports on TV doesn't mean we ban TV. I agree with that sentiment and I would not ban something just because I don't like it. For me to be in favor of banning something I would have to sincerely believe that it is incredibly damaging to society and detrimental to the development and progress of the race[volk]/nation. I believe pornography fits my criteria for banning something.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15465
    Points : 16172
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  GarryB on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:54 am

    Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe the evidence is in my favor and we can look back over the last 50-60 years and see that pornography has contributed to damaging Western society.

    Or are you confusing a symptom with a cause?

    There has been porn for a very long time... rather longer than the last 50-60 years... dirty drawings have been a favourite of soldiers for hundreds of years and that was before photos made it even easier.

    Instead of renting a dvd they simply went to a house of ill repute and actually did it themselves... and very occasionally others paid to secretly watch... Twisted Evil

    These days the danger is not an orgy or anarchy... I would suggest that the danger is that once upon a time if you screamed in the middle of the night the neighbours would arrive and the police soon after... these days no one wants to get involved and no one knows their neighbours anyway.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    BTRfan
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 437
    Points : 477
    Join date : 2010-09-30
    Location : USA

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  BTRfan on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:20 am

    GarryB wrote:
    Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe the evidence is in my favor and we can look back over the last 50-60 years and see that pornography has contributed to damaging Western society.

    Or are you confusing a symptom with a cause?

    There has been porn for a very long time... rather longer than the last 50-60 years... dirty drawings have been a favourite of soldiers for hundreds of years and that was before photos made it even easier.

    Instead of renting a dvd they simply went to a house of ill repute and actually did it themselves... and very occasionally others paid to secretly watch... Twisted Evil

    These days the danger is not an orgy or anarchy... I would suggest that the danger is that once upon a time if you screamed in the middle of the night the neighbours would arrive and the police soon after... these days no one wants to get involved and no one knows their neighbours anyway.



    Dirty drawings go back to the Roman era, people were scribbling on walls. But dirty drawings were limited in scope, limited in distribution, and had limited potential for mass consumption.

    One cannot compare dirty drawings on Roman walls to the hardcore porn that emerged in the 1950s-1960s and really took off in the 1960s-1970s.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15465
    Points : 16172
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  GarryB on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:58 am

    One couldn't stop it either... it seems to be what the people want... whether it is good for them or not is irrelevant... look at smoking and excessive alcohol consumption... or for that matter gambling.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Rodinazombie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 582
    Points : 616
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  Rodinazombie on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:40 pm

    Wow, what a thread!

    This is the nazi loving lithuanian from mp.net by any chance is it?

    nastle77
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 137
    Points : 179
    Join date : 2015-07-25

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  nastle77 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:28 pm

    I'm SHOCKED some of the things discussed in this thread
    German treatment of soviet POW was a shocking monumental crime something that gets no attention in the west, but that does not mean average german POW should have been mistreated either

    That's the sad truth of wars, mostly the innocents on both sides suffer

    Wish Germany and Russia /Ukraine manage to forge good relations in future

    WW2 in the east is so sad I stopped reading about it cry

    I don't think every criticism of muslims/islam is racisim.EVERY religion and almost every ethinic group has skeletons in their closet and muslims are no exception

    Odin of Ossetia
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 149
    Points : 172
    Join date : 2015-07-03

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  Odin of Ossetia on Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:48 am

    Interesting reading:

    http://asaland.proboards.com/thread/38/german-crimes-soviet-pows-poland



    To the stupid poster above who claims that "it was mostly innocents on both sides that suffered."

    Interesting facts are that most Allied dead were civilians, while majority of the Axis dead were personnel of their armed forces.

    nastle77
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 137
    Points : 179
    Join date : 2015-07-25

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  nastle77 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:43 pm

    Odin of Ossetia wrote:Interesting reading:

    http://asaland.proboards.com/thread/38/german-crimes-soviet-pows-poland



    To the stupid poster above who claims that "it was mostly innocents on both sides that suffered."

    Interesting facts are that most Allied dead were civilians, while majority of the Axis dead were personnel of their armed forces.
    No they were not stupid , check the facts
    How many "allied" civilians died in fire bombing of cities in England or USA  ? are you playing too many video games ? there is no Transatlantic bomber plane in service with Luftwaffe
    The "allied"civilians who were killed were mostly in USSR
    What I meant by innocent was that the vast majority of war criminals on both sides axis and allied escaped justice, there were many men on both sides who honorably served their country and did not commit warcrimes.You guys were all too happy to prop up the west german regime staffed with many ex-Nazis and many other fascists in south central America uptil the 70s

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5390
    Points : 5639
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  Werewolf on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:58 pm

    nastle77 wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:Interesting reading:

    http://asaland.proboards.com/thread/38/german-crimes-soviet-pows-poland



    To the stupid poster above who claims that "it was mostly innocents on both sides that suffered."

    Interesting facts are that most Allied dead were civilians, while majority of the Axis dead were personnel of their armed forces.
    No they were not stupid , check the facts
    How many "allied" civilians died in fire bombing of cities in England or USA  ? are you playing too many video games ? there is no Transatlantic bomber plane in service with Luftwaffe
    The "allied"civilians who were killed were mostly in USSR
    What I meant by innocent was that the vast majority of war criminals on both sides axis and allied escaped justice, there were many men on both sides who honorably served their country and did not commit warcrimes.You guys were all too happy to prop up the west german regime staffed with many ex-Nazis and many other fascists in south central America uptil the 70s

    +1

    Sponsored content

    Re: Soviet POWs in WW2

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:40 pm


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:40 pm