Re: Infantry Mobility Vehicles

Post  PapaDragon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:09 am

New version of Typhoon MRAP 4x4

eehnie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  eehnie on Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:55 pm

It is not surprising the low number of orders and deliveries for procurement of this type of vehicles. In the following years, I expect Russia to focus more in the procurement of infantry vehicles based on the armata, kuganets, bumerang, typhoon and BMD-4M platforms with some bulat APCs and new trucks with armoured cabins, to make a new fleet of infantry vehicles for contested areas.

I expect it because the recently adopted vehicles of the cited new platforms meet the requirements for safety of the crews significantly better than the new models of light utility vehicles, and it makes them significantly better for contested areas.

Also the Russian reserve of IFVs and APCs is satured. It is unlikely the accumulation of more vehicles after the production of new vehicles of the cited platforms, but also it is unlikely to see new scrappes like in early this decade. Then, I tend to think that Russia can consider the use of some of the likely future retirements, like the BRDM-2, for light utility vehicle roles (outside of contested areas).

In practical terms it means that I think it would be more likely (as example) the replacement of the BRDM-2 by Bumerangs in combat units, and then the use of BRDM-2 as replacement of the exhausted light utility vehicles in the security forces or in other non-combat units, than to see the replacement of the BRDM-2 some of the new light utility vehicles in combat units.

Note that I do not consider the Bulat SBA-60-K2 like a light utility vehicle since it is done using the chasis of the Kamaz 5350, and only externally would have some relation with the BPM-97. As we can see in the following source, it was adopted officially by the Russian Armed Forces in 2012, and like we can see in other sources which links we can find in the wikipedia page, 65 would have been ordered, with 30 likely delivered.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=es&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://www.militaryparitet.com/nomen/russia/a2targets/data/ic_nomenrussiaa2targets/23/&usg=ALkJrhizJM96kj6SSVUzz0JzovR5myQkuw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulat_(APC)

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=es&sl=ru&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fru.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2F%25D0%259A%25D0%2590%25D0%259C%25D0%2590%25D0%2597_5350

eehnie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  eehnie on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:18 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Do you know the designation of this vehicle? Kamaz?

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:21 pm

eehnie wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Do you know the designation of this vehicle? Kamaz?

It is Kamaz, same 4x4 model we saw before but this version is supposed to be fully localised without any import components.

Folks online say this version is for paratroopers but it is all speculation for now.

Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Regular on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:31 pm

So pretty much properly armored Tigr. thumbsup

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:32 pm

I hope the bucket is only a placeholder.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:24 pm

30mm gun on Tiger-M

KoTeMoRe
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:29 pm

So the bucket was a placeholder...

Nice setup.

JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  JohninMK on Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:27 pm

As pictured above

Armored car "Tiger" with a combat unit with a 30-mm cannon August 27th, 0:05

General Director of "Military-industrial company" Alexander Krasovitsky in an interview with TASS, published on 26 August 2016, announced the creation of a special vehicle "Tiger" with a remotely controlled weapon station with 30 mm automatic cannon. The prototype vehicle will be demonstrated at the International military-technical forum "Army-2016".

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:05 pm

"Falkatus" in Dagestan

The video application armored vehicle "Falkatus" during a joint anti-terrorist special operation of the FSB and the Interior Ministry in Makhachkala (Dagestan) September 7, 2016. Recall that the "protected vehicle" for the Special Purpose Center (SPC) set up the FSB closely connected with the FSB Moscow ZAO "Fort technology" as a further development of the development started in his time on the ZIL on "The Punisher," the Russian Defense Ministry. To date, "Fort technology" built several models "Falkatusa", differing from each other, and performed by the known data, double-axle chassis "rally" KAMAZ-4911.

It has already made public the video and photos using the "Falkatusa" during the anti-terrorist operation in Dagestan, on 13-14 April 2016.

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2113656.html

Benya
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post  Benya on Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:09 pm

The mobility of an IMV, combined with the firepower of an IFV

Russian Company VPK unveils new unmanned Tigr 4x4 armoured vehicle with 30mm cannon.

At Army 2016, the International Military Technical Forum which takes place in Patriotic Park near Moscow, the Russian Defense Company VPK (Voyenno-Promishlennaya Kompaniya) unveils new unmanned version of its famous Tigr 4x4 armoured vehicle fitted with a new remotely weapon station armed with a 30mm gun.

Tigr 4x4armoured vehicle with Remote Controlled Weapon Station armed with 2A72 30mm automatic cannon at Army-2016 International Military Technical Forum near Moscow, Russia.

The vehicle has received a remote controlled weapon station (RCWS) armed with a 30 mm Shipunov 2A72 automatic cannon. The unmanned Tigr can search, track and destroy targets in automatic mode.

The Company VPK has developed the armoured vehicle in conjunction with JSC 766th Department of Engineering and Manufacturing Complement (Russian acronym: UPTK, Upravlenie Proizvodstvenno-Tekhnologicheskoi Komplektacii) as per the Russian Ministry of Defense`s (MoD) order.

"The RCWS (Remote Controlled Weapon Station) mounted on the new modification of the Tigr vehicle is unified with the remote controlled turret of the Uran-9 unmanned combat ground vehicle (UCGV) developed by the 766th UPTK. Both modules are armed with a 2A72 automatic cannon chambered for 30x165mm round as the main weapon," said the Director General of VPK, Alexander Krasovitsky. "VPK has become the first defense enterprise in the world to integrate a 30 mm automatic cannon with a lightweight two-axle LUV with a combat weight less than 9 t, while retaining the vehicle`s maneuverability and cross-country capacity.", he added.

At Army 2016, the International Military Technical Forum which takes place in Patriotic Park near Moscow, the Russian Defense Company VPK (Voyenno-Promishlennaya Kompaniya) unveils new unmanned version of its famous Tigr 4x4 armoured vehicle fitted with a new remotely weapon station armed with a 30mm gun.

The unmanned variant of the Tigr LUV is based on the VPK-233115 Tigr-M SPN Special Purpose Automobile (Russian acronym: ASN, Avtomobil Spetsialnogo Naznacheniya) also developed by the Military Industrial Company.

The vehicle can be used for combat-reconnaissance operations, fire support missions, and convoys. The main armament can destroy light and medium armoured vehicles on the modern battlefield.

The 2A72 30mm automatic cannon can also be used as anti-personnel and anti-armour weapon.

Close view of Remote Controlled Weapon Station mounted on Tigr 4x4 armoured vehicle

Source: Arrow http://www.armyrecognition.com/army-2016_show_daily_news_coverage_report/russian_company_vpk_unveils_new_unmanned_tigr_4x4_armoured_vehicle_with_30mm_cannon_11009161.html

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Russian troops to soon receive Tigr armored vehicle with Arbalet weapon station. russia

More:
    http://tass.com/defense/902292?_ga=1.130072399.1337049799.1447427261

Arctic_Fox
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  Arctic_Fox on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:30 am

K4386 "Typhoon VDV":

eehnie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  eehnie on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:45 pm

I would not rule out a transfer of the Iveco LMV to internal security forces, for the decommission of the Iveco LMV as foreign vehicle. It would be a no cost solution.

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Unusual variant of Tigr used by MVD/FSB spotted some months ago in Southern parts of Russia *cough* *cough*

OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

Post  OminousSpudd on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:09 pm

Militarov wrote:

Unusual variant of Tigr used by MVD/FSB spotted some months ago in Southern parts of Russia *cough* *cough*
    I had a video of that in operation (probably in the same place) that a friend sent me a while back. Damned if I can find it now.

Arctic_Fox
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  Arctic_Fox on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:09 am

OminousSpudd wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

I had a video of that in operation (probably in the same place) that a friend sent me a while back. Damned if I can find it now.

Here you go:

Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Militarov on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:15 am

Arctic_Fox wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Here you go:

Ye that video was shared on Multimedia thread few months ago.

OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:36 am

Arctic_Fox wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Here you go:
    Thanks Arctic. That is indeed the one.

eehnie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  eehnie on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:26 am

For reconnaissance roles, I do not think this kind of light utility vehicles have a chance. The reconnaissance work is changing fast, and the old way to do the job is being surpassed by the new aerial unmanned technology.

It has been announced that the tanks of the Armata platform will be equiped with drones (likely small to very small, but also likely more than one).

The future reconnaissance vehicles will be one step above this (in the refered to reconaissance). Surely it will not be a small vehicle with a drone or two. The reconaissance vehicles in the future will be likely mobile stations of decent size for the control of multiple drones working at same time. The Typhoon-U and the Typhoon-K can take also this role with a crew of drone operators.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:45 am

Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:45 am