Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Share
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3938
    Points : 3965
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:25 pm

    kvs wrote:I always found the NATO bleating about the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact to be grotesque and hysterical.   They actually
    bitch about the fact that the USSR sent Nazi Germany grain.   Meanwhile US companies were sending Nazi Germany oil
    and industrial machinery.    It was US corporations and financing that helped Hitler's regime secure itself into power.
    All of those autobahn projects and shiny military factories were facilitated by Uncle Sam.

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/mar/29/humanities.highereducation

    http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Corporations/Ford_Fuhrer.html

    https://libcom.org/library/allied-multinationals-supply-nazi-germany-world-war-2



    Not this again. In almost 2 years the level of economic support to Germany by USSR amounted less than 1% of the German rearmament effort from 33 to 39 (about 0.7 billion Reichmarks). Net Support was about 0.4 billion Reichmarks (USSR received almost 300 million Reich-marks in machinery and finished products. .
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2150
    Points : 2251
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  higurashihougi on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:35 am


    Rodinazombie

    Posts : 580
    Points : 612
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Rodinazombie on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:56 am

    Ill be happy to discuss the molotov-ribbentrop when westerners and poles are willing to discuss in the same light how poland made a deal with nazi germany to carve up czechoslovakia.

    Poles werent complaining when their tanks rolled into caech territory, they were only too happy to get a piece of the pie whilst it was son offer. What goes around comes around poland.
    avatar
    Maximmmm

    Posts : 65
    Points : 68
    Join date : 2015-07-27
    Location : Vancouver,Canada

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Maximmmm on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:18 am

    Not entirely sure where best to post this, but I'll start here. If anybody hasn't checked out the british movietone channel you're missing out on an amazing and priceless archive of old footage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHq777_waKMJw6SZdABmyaA/videos

    For example, here's a propaganda video made in Britain for the USSR about the aid sent to the USSR during the war:



    There's tons of amazing gems on there.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3938
    Points : 3965
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    MOLOTOV RIBENTROP

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:53 am

    Well it starts with "L'Internationale"...big 100 carat Koh-i-Noor right out of the box.

    bmtppk

    Posts : 34
    Points : 45
    Join date : 2014-09-20

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  bmtppk on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:41 am

    who cares if it cant carry. But the question is. can a BMD/BTR even take RPG 7 /12.7×108mm rounds?


    9:42-9:47

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKxZ5gnsmzQ

    much armor. so good.wow(notice what happens to the BTR)

    and

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eXz60O7Z1o

    9:03

    all whats left of the BMD-1

    the turret and some sheets of metal
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3408
    Points : 3533
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  kvs on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:02 am

    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-08/us-claims-malfunctioning-russian-cruise-missiles-hit-iran

    Pathetic Americans casting aspersions on the Russian cruise missile attack on ISIS.

    Cell phone video, or it did not happen.

    I bet some of their "reliable" humint monkeys were informed that they have to "confirm" that there were
    Russian cruise missile failures. Of course the monkeys told their masters anything they wanted to hear
    and the masters proceed to make the claim using such quality "evidence".

    The cruise missile attack on ISIS must have come as a shock to Washington. They have been fostering
    the image that only America has this sort of capacity since it is "number one". So when faced with
    evidence exposing this to be a fiction they lie to water the evidence down.

    Russia should send a few hundred cruise missiles at ISIS and other US assets in Syria. Make the Pentagon
    clowns fall over themselves with lies.

    This American butthurt is evidence that they actually drink their own propaganda koolaid. The US leadership
    actually believes that it can take Russia out with a first strike since they assume that their ABM is fully
    functional and that Russia has no counter measures.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4487
    Points : 4660
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:11 am

    kvs wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-08/us-claims-malfunctioning-russian-cruise-missiles-hit-iran

    Pathetic Americans casting aspersions on the Russian cruise missile attack on ISIS.  

    Cell phone video, or it did not happen.

    I bet some of their "reliable" humint monkeys were informed that they have to "confirm" that there were
    Russian cruise missile failures.   Of course the monkeys told their masters anything they wanted to hear
    and the masters proceed to make the claim using such quality "evidence".  

    The cruise missile attack on ISIS must have come as a shock to Washington.   They have been fostering
    the image that only America has this sort of capacity since it is "number one".   So when faced with
    evidence exposing this to be a fiction they lie to water the evidence down.

    Russia should send a few hundred cruise missiles at ISIS and other US assets in Syria.   Make the Pentagon
    clowns fall over themselves with lies.  

    This American butthurt is evidence that they actually drink their own propaganda koolaid.   The US leadership
    actually believes that it can take Russia out with a first strike since they assume that their ABM is fully
    functional and that Russia has no counter measures.

    Here's my thoughts on it:

    http://www.russiadefence.net/t4552p30-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-3#126472
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5705
    Points : 5746
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Militarov on Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:06 am

    bmtppk wrote:who cares if it cant carry. But the question is. can a BMD/BTR even take RPG 7 /12.7×108mm rounds?


    9:42-9:47

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKxZ5gnsmzQ

    much armor. so good.wow(notice what happens to the BTR)

    and

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eXz60O7Z1o

    9:03

    all whats left of the BMD-1

    the turret and some sheets of metal

    You are naturally aware that BMD1 and BTRs are not ment to protect you from RPGs in first place?
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5586
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Werewolf on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:12 pm

    You are talking to a russophobic troll that joint that forum again for nothing else but trolling and hate spread.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5705
    Points : 5746
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Militarov on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:23 pm

    Werewolf wrote:You are talking to a russophobic troll that joint that forum again for nothing else but trolling and hate spread.

    I am having hard time tracking all of them, seems they are pretty plentiful around here...
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5586
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Werewolf on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:24 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:You are talking to a russophobic troll that joint that forum again for nothing else but trolling and hate spread.

    I am having hard time tracking all of them, seems they are pretty plentiful around here...

    We need a Mad King to burn them all!
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5705
    Points : 5746
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Militarov on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:44 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:You are talking to a russophobic troll that joint that forum again for nothing else but trolling and hate spread.

    I am having hard time tracking all of them, seems they are pretty plentiful around here...

    We need a Mad King to burn them all!

    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17226
    Points : 17832
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  GarryB on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:31 am

    Actually in this case it is useful.

    Someone who does not know any better claims BMD-1 and BTR must be useless if they can't defeat dedicated anti armour weapons... BMD-1 and BTR vehicles are troop transports... not heavy armoured vehicles to fight from.

    They are for mobility and protection from small arms fire and artillery fragments and they do that.

    When you arrive at the enemy position however the idea is that the troops leave these sorts of vehicles to fight on foot. The direct western equivalent are the M113s and duece and a half trucks which can be penetrated by very similar weapons that will penetrate the BTRs and BMDs... in fact pretty much any small arms fire will penetrate a truck... I guess Americans and British Governments don't care about their soldiers either...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3264
    Points : 3368
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  flamming_python on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:09 pm

    GarryB wrote:Actually in this case it is useful.

    Someone who does not know any better claims BMD-1 and BTR must be useless if they can't defeat dedicated anti armour weapons... BMD-1 and BTR vehicles are troop transports... not heavy armoured vehicles to fight from.

    They are for mobility and protection from small arms fire and artillery fragments and they do that.

    When you arrive at the enemy position however the idea is that the troops leave these sorts of vehicles to fight on foot. The direct western equivalent are the M113s and duece and a half trucks which can be penetrated by very similar weapons that will penetrate the BTRs and BMDs... in fact pretty much any small arms fire will penetrate a truck... I guess Americans and British Governments don't care about their soldiers either...

    In both cases under Soviet doctrine the vehicle was actually a part of the squad itself; the BMP/BTR transported the troops and deployed them, but the gunner and driver/mechanic were both considered part of the squad (while the squad's commander was also the BMP/BTRs commander), and move the vehicle with their men and provide fire-support for them.

    The West has direct equivalents to these vehicles but AFAIK the whole arrangement is a little different. The vehicle crew are not considered part of the squads that they are transporting, they are seperate assets.
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5586
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:00 pm

    It's not in the same league, and anyone saying otherwise is uneducated or simply biased.

    Similiar biased and lies from the same person.

    M1 Abrams is the closest to perfect designed tank.

    T-34 is pure junk and over hyped.

    "I had access to see armor composition of Leopard2A4"

    "I measured this and that personally and my friend (totally not double account) can confirm it."

    "russians are prone to fake their armor values and overhype their products"

    "russians are prone to use inferior steel to use for their ATGM tests for higher penetration numbers."

    "others are fanboys or so much bias from this or that guy"
    avatar
    Mike E

    Posts : 2762
    Points : 2808
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Mike E on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:11 pm

    So.... Damian was the one who said that?

    fragmachine

    Posts : 124
    Points : 129
    Join date : 2014-05-28
    Location : Poland

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  fragmachine on Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:35 pm

    Damian is an idiot. I once wrote in few paragraphs why Abrams isn't so great, he came up with one long letter to prove I was wrong lol1

    Told him to sign in russiadefence.net and ask, educate himself on the matter.
    He responded viciously how other forums were better lol1  it hurts him badly I guess lol1
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5586
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Werewolf on Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:42 pm

    fragmachine wrote:Damian is an idiot. I once wrote in few paragraphs why Abrams isn't so great, he came up with one long letter to prove I was wrong lol1

    Told him to sign in russiadefence.net and ask, educate himself on the matter.
    He responded viciously how other forums were better lol1  it hurts him badly I guess lol1

    Well Mindstorm is a mean guy.

    Funny thing with this guy is that he constantly tries to get on paralay and otvaga and often tried to spew his lies there with his partially modest translating program. How hard he tried to spread his garbage on so many sites of the M1 Abrams of iraqi army that was penetrated from front to rear along with another Abrams that was destroyed by RPG or ATGM that the fire came out of the turret hatch and he attacked anyone who was saying exactly that that it was the case and tried to brainwash everyone that it was impossible because ammunition is isolated from crew compartment and that is not possible and it was all a fake and shoped. He is funny.

    Here one among his lies. He is a civilian who never was in military he admit it himself but still pushes such lies forward on the very same forum he said he never served. I must admit he knows how to use propaganda language to his agenda.


    fragmachine

    Posts : 124
    Points : 129
    Join date : 2014-05-28
    Location : Poland

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  fragmachine on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:26 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    fragmachine wrote:Damian is an idiot. I once wrote in few paragraphs why Abrams isn't so great, he came up with one long letter to prove I was wrong lol1

    Told him to sign in russiadefence.net and ask, educate himself on the matter.
    He responded viciously how other forums were better lol1  it hurts him badly I guess lol1

    Well Mindstorm is a mean guy.

    Funny thing with this guy is that he constantly tries to get on paralay and otvaga and often tried to spew his lies there with his partially modest translating program. How hard he tried to spread his garbage on so many sites of the M1 Abrams of iraqi army that was penetrated from front to rear along with another Abrams that was destroyed by RPG or ATGM that the fire came out of the turret hatch and he attacked anyone who was saying exactly that that it was the case and tried to brainwash everyone that it was impossible because ammunition is isolated from crew compartment and that is not possible and it was all a fake and shoped. He is funny.

    Here one among his lies. He is a civilian who never was in military he admit it himself but still pushes such lies forward on the very same forum he said he never served. I must admit he knows how to use propaganda language to his agenda.


    Yeah, I usually don't have patience for kind of spooks like Damian. Leo is still better than Abrams, but no tank is invincible, at least not as much as Armata when it goes for survivability of crew.

    I guess with such dimensions of T-14, it wouldn't hurt to put some Relikt plates in front as an additional protection, but for now its probably not needed. Beauty of T-14 is completely new design, separate crew compartment, high crew awareness, HP/t ratio but also underestimated IMO is that this tank is not really wide. Future iterations could be reinforced on sides with lighter, thicker materials, increasing armour penetration needed to defeat projectiles for next decades.
    avatar
    Mike E

    Posts : 2762
    Points : 2808
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Mike E on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:40 pm

    T-14 already has ERA of a form, there is no use in adding Relikt. More so when the new stuff is claimed to be more effective.
    avatar
    Shadåw

    Posts : 81
    Points : 88
    Join date : 2012-07-29

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Shadåw on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:42 pm

    Werewolf wrote:
    It's not in the same league, and anyone saying otherwise is uneducated or simply biased.

    Similiar biased and lies from the same person.

    M1 Abrams is the closest to perfect designed tank.

    T-34 is pure junk and over hyped.

    "I had access to see armor composition of Leopard2A4"

    "I measured this and that personally and my friend (totally not double account) can confirm it."

    "russians are prone to fake their armor values and overhype their products"

    "russians are prone to use inferior steel to use for their ATGM tests for higher penetration numbers."

    "others are fanboys or so much bias from this or that guy"
    And Damian90 is at it again this time in Armored Warfare.
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5586
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:01 am

    fragmachine wrote:

    Yeah, I usually don't have patience for kind of spooks like Damian. Leo is still better than Abrams, but no tank is invincible, at least not as much as Armata when it goes for survivability of crew.

    I guess with such dimensions of T-14, it wouldn't hurt to put some Relikt plates in front as an additional protection, but for now its probably not needed. Beauty of T-14 is completely new design, separate crew compartment, high crew awareness, HP/t ratio but also underestimated IMO is that this tank is not really wide. Future iterations could be reinforced on sides with lighter, thicker materials, increasing armour penetration needed to defeat projectiles for next decades.

    Well i wouldn't have much patience with anyone lying purposely to drive an agenda, others do not make a big fuzz about their favorite tank and are quite open with their fanboyism to some or the other degree however it is totaly different to look like a hardcore fanboyist that obviously lies and manipulates perception and information to fit an agenda and someone who just does not know better and actually believes in some sort of superiority in one plattform due lack of knolwedge of other plattforms.

    The Leopard 2 certainly is a better plattform by a huge margin compared to Abrams despite sharing some of the obvious disadvanteges of relative similiar design if looked upon from a bigger unshaprened picture. (weight, dimensions, to minor sorts logistics (which are mainly problem of german MIC and vassal statehood))

    Not even considering the political ties and games the manufactor could play on client who could even possibly consider that tank for acquiring of own army ground forces.
    avatar
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 901
    Points : 918
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 22
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  OminousSpudd on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:09 am

    Shadåw wrote:
    And Damian90 is at it again this time in Armored Warfare.

    The AW forum became a cesspit of Western Superiority Complexes so fast I couldn't quite believe it... I knew it would, just that quick? Really? Rolling Eyes

    Damian will fit in well there.
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5586
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:13 am

    OminousSpudd wrote:
    Shadåw wrote:
    And Damian90 is at it again this time in Armored Warfare.

    The AW forum became a cesspit of Western Superiority Complexes so fast I couldn't quite believe it... I knew it would, just that quick? Really? Rolling Eyes

    Damian will fit in well there.

    Find the admins or better to say the mods funny there. PRovocating arguments and then advocating abramszky fanbiysm there quite onesided in judgement at least our mods are not like that and most russian forums do not give a rats ass about such things either to shut up people and their opinions.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Lies and Myths about Russian/Soviet Military Equipment & History

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:59 pm