Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Share

    NickM
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 184
    Points : 131
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Location : NYC,USA / Essex,UK

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  NickM on Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:00 am

    Mindstorm wrote:Provide some hint on what we talk about when debating on the level of performances offered by the most advanced domestic EW models and in particular products such as "Красуха-2/4".

    With such EW systems you can only fight some third world country   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

    Competent nations like the UK and US can very easily operate in a radar/comm denied environment.

    With the emergence of Multi-Domain Adaptable Processing System(MAPS) frankly the opponents EW systems makes no difference to US and UK military.

    Lockheed has already introduced Legion Pod – a multi-function sensor system that supports collaborative targeting operations between multiple aircraft in radar-denied environments.

    http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/legion-pod.html

    Now how exactly will you jam MAPS when you can't even locate it scratch scratch

    MarshallJukov
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 17
    Points : 17
    Join date : 2015-02-22

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  MarshallJukov on Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:34 am

    NickM wrote:Now how exactly will you jam MAPS when you can't even locate it scratch scratch

    What do you mean by "locate"? You imply that the Russians would not even know the direction you can come from? Or they do not know you are on planet Earth?

    MarshallJukov
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 17
    Points : 17
    Join date : 2015-02-22

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  MarshallJukov on Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:42 am

    NickM wrote:With the emergence of Multi-Domain Adaptable Processing System(MAPS) frankly the opponents EW systems makes no difference to US and UK military.

    With the emergence of MAPS US 5th and 4th gen aircrafts can (finally cheers ) communicate with each other. And Legion pod is basicaly networked sensor station with FLIR (which F-22 does not have btw clown ), like you know your wifi printer if you have one. Nothing there about magical resilence to EW at all. study

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1967
    Points : 2092
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:08 am

    MarshallJukov wrote:
    NickM wrote:With the emergence of Multi-Domain Adaptable Processing System(MAPS) frankly the opponents EW systems makes no difference to US and UK military.

    With the emergence of MAPS US 5th and 4th gen aircrafts can (finally cheers ) communicate with each other. And Legion pod is basicaly networked sensor station with FLIR (which F-22 does not have btw clown ), like you know your wifi printer if you have one. Nothing there about magical resilence to EW at all. study

    This poor guy, NickM, doesn't know how embarrassing his post is.

    medo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3052
    Points : 3150
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  medo on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:56 pm

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfHmuJukywA#t=358

    Interesting video about products from KRET.

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:18 pm

    So basically what is about electronic warfare? Asvlong i know electric current is about moving of electrons. Because every atom can be negative or positive (depending which is higher in number electrons or protons). I also found recently that negative or pozitive atoms are called IONs and deficite of neutrons are called ISOTOPHE. I try to understand right now how a battery works and how a EMP works( as far i understand is about sending a huge amount of electrons in the electric circuit).

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:51 pm

    victor1985 wrote:So basically  what is about electronic warfare? Asvlong i know electric current is about moving of electrons.

    An electrical current is really just a mass-movement of electrons, a big sea of them. The greater the amount of them passing some point in the circuit per secound, the greater the current (current is measured in amperes; 1 ampere = 6.241×10^18 electrons passing through per second).

    A total electrical charge equivalent to that of 6.241x10^18 electrons (or protons), is called a coulomb.

    Therefore you can say that an ampere - is equal to 1 coulomb of charge passing through per second.

    Because every atom can be negative or positive (depending which is higher in number electrons or protons).
    I also found recently that negative or pozitive atoms are called IONs

    An atom with an electrical charge, is not called an atom, it is indeed called an ion as you have said.

    deficite of neutrons are called ISOTOPHE.

    Isotope, not Isotophe.

    Indeed, but this has nothing to do with electricity. More nuclear physics, radioactivity and so on.

    I try to understand right now how a battery works and how a EMP works( as far i understand is about sending a huge amount of electrons in the electric circuit).

    There are configurations in which lattices of atoms, arranged as a big structure, are able to have free outer electrons, that are free to hop from one atom to the next, so long as all the other electrons of all the other atoms are also attracted to go the same way and at the same time.

    Such a material is called a conductor. All metals are arranged this way. So is graphite (a form of carbon).

    This behaviour generates a current; that sea of electrons starts moving - and this is what electricity is.

    What causes this behaviour - is an electromotive force (from a moving magnetic field, or towards the positive terminal of a battery lets say). Such a force can described in terms of voltage. The greater the voltage - the more powerful it is; the more the electrons will be compelled to move.

    A battery basically works via some mechanism that gives one of its terminals a positive charge relative to the other one. Because the two terminals have different levels of charge, a voltage manifests itself, that starts moving current across some conductor (wire) connected to the terminals.
    Typically this mechanism is a chemical reaction - which causes the accumulation of electrons at one of the terminals - leading the other terminal to be positive relative to the one where the electrons are partying at.

    An EMP pulse, like that coming from a nuclear explosion - is basically just a very short, but very strong magnetic field that moves at the speed of light. When it reaches any conductor; it gives the free electrons of that conductor a HUGE spike of energy/momentum.
    Now, this doesn't really cause much of a current - because the EMP burst is traversing at approx 3,000,000,000 metres/second while a typical conductor or wire might not be longer than a few metres long along the axis of movement of the EMP burst. If you happen to be touching some metal bar or whatever when the pulse passes over, you won't be harmed - the voltage is very high but the current (electrons per sec, remember) is very minor owing to the extreme shortness of the phenomenon.
    Current is what kills you really, not so much voltage.

    However, for any sort of working electronic compoments, with a current already moving; that EMP burst will cause a huge spike in that current, however short, and this will easily be enough to burn out all the sensitive microelectronic components, switches, etc... that are rated for much lower charges and will simply melt if you expose them to a many-times higher charge even for a nanosecond.

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:17 pm

    All that i know and remember is that a battery has 2 plates sink in acid and a isolator between the this group x 6. And are made of lead (plumb). The reaction in the battery have a pbo + water +another one......

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:51 pm

    I wanna ask something: a ampere is a 6,241x 10^18 electrons that are moving throught circuit. Question is: those electrons where are they after moving? And a coulomb is stationary electrons..... where they stay in a battery and in a electric circuit togheter and separate?

    Cyberspec
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1946
    Points : 2117
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Cyberspec on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:41 am

    medo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfHmuJukywA#t=358

    Interesting video about products from KRET.

    Interesting video.

    ....

    There's some more info from RIA Novosti on KRET deliveries to the MOD

    KRET Rostec in full and on time fulfill the state defense order in 2014. For the Ministry of Defense of Russia were delivered the latest tools and systems for electronic warfare (EW) in the amount of 17.1 billion rubles, the state recognition for the amount of 7.2 billion rubles, on-board electronic equipment (avionics) to 35 billion, instrumentation 1.1 billion, "- said Nasenkov.

    Among developed KRET systems that were set Ministry of Defense - helicopter-EW "Lever-AB", aviation systems of individual protection of the family "Vitebsk", small-sized mobile radar "Harmony", a multifunctional complex "Khibiny" complexes EW "Krasuha."

    "Over the past three years, the Defense Ministry enterprises Group delivered nine new types of complex radar surveillance, protection and suppression, last year KRET completed more than 180 R & D within the SDO," - said Nasenkov.

    РИА Новости http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20150203/1045642876.html

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  flamming_python on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:30 pm

    victor1985 wrote:I wanna ask something: a ampere is a 6,241x 10^18 electrons that are moving throught circuit. Question is: those electrons where are they after moving? And a coulomb is stationary electrons..... where they stay in a battery and in a electric circuit togheter and separate?

    They all move 'round a circuit. 'Round and 'round they go. So eventually, after some time, you'll see the same electron passing the same point in the circuit as did before.

    Coulomb is equivalent to 6,241x 10^18 electrons, they can be stationary or moving, but I suppose it only really makes sense to talk about coulombs when they are moving - as when they are stationary the circuit is not charged at all and no electricity flows.

    As for where the electrons stay - on the outer shell of the atoms of the conductor. That's where they are at rest. When you apply a voltage, they start hoping from one atom to the next - all in the same direction, and this is what electricity is.
    The larger the conductor you connect to the battery (i.e. a longer wire), the more electrons in total would be moving.

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:09 pm

    As far as i know coulomb is the unit measurement for electric charge. Which i do understand as being static atoms (pozitive or negative). The intensity is measured in amphere and is the electrons that pass by a conductor in a second. What do i dont understand well is the difference between electric charge and intensity. Point is i dont understand STATIC ELECTRICITY at all. Better i understand electric circuit.

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:15 pm

    More clearly i do understand the coulomb being the static electrons wich are POTEBTUALLY moving and become electric curent. Is like a capacity of body but not yet functionally. Is like saing: if i thrown a rock whit 10 metter/second i can obtain a kinetic energy of x, but i have not yet thrown the rock, but the rock has the potentually force to do it.

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:18 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    victor1985 wrote:I wanna ask something: a ampere is a 6,241x 10^18 electrons that are moving throught circuit. Question is: those electrons where are they after moving? And a coulomb is stationary electrons..... where they stay in a battery and in a electric circuit togheter and separate?

    They all move 'round a circuit. 'Round and 'round they go. So eventually, after some time, you'll see the same electron passing the same point in the circuit as did before.

    Coulomb is equivalent to 6,241x 10^18 electrons, they can be stationary or moving, but I suppose it only really makes sense to talk about coulombs when they are moving - as when they are stationary the circuit is not charged at all and no electricity flows.

    As for where the electrons stay - on the outer shell of the atoms of the conductor. That's where they are at rest. When you apply a voltage, they start hoping from one atom to the next - all in the same direction, and this is what electricity is.
    The larger the conductor you connect to the battery (i.e. a longer wire), the more electrons in total would be moving.

    so a battery what makes whit that plates inside if the curent is given by the electrons in the wire? What is their role? To create the electric field that push the electrons?

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  flamming_python on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:02 pm

    victor1985 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    victor1985 wrote:I wanna ask something: a ampere is a 6,241x 10^18 electrons that are moving throught circuit. Question is: those electrons where are they after moving? And a coulomb is stationary electrons..... where they stay in a battery and in a electric circuit togheter and separate?

    They all move 'round a circuit. 'Round and 'round they go. So eventually, after some time, you'll see the same electron passing the same point in the circuit as did before.

    Coulomb is equivalent to 6,241x 10^18 electrons, they can be stationary or moving, but I suppose it only really makes sense to talk about coulombs when they are moving - as when they are stationary the circuit is not charged at all and no electricity flows.

    As for where the electrons stay - on the outer shell of the atoms of the conductor. That's where they are at rest. When you apply a voltage, they start hoping from one atom to the next - all in the same direction, and this is what electricity is.
    The larger the conductor you connect to the battery (i.e. a longer wire), the more electrons in total would be moving.

    so a battery  what makes whit that plates inside if the curent is given by the electrons in the wire? What is their role? To create the electric field that push the electrons?

    Yes, exactly that. The battery's chemical reactions create a difference between its two terminals, one ends up being more negative (more electrons), the other more positive (less electrons).
    When you connect a wire to the two terminals, the electrons in the wire will be attracted towards the positive terminal and will move towards there, giving you a current.

    victor1985 wrote:More clearly i do understand the coulomb  being the static electrons wich are POTEBTUALLY moving and become electric curent. Is like a capacity of body but not yet functionally. Is like saing: if i thrown a rock whit 10 metter/second i can obtain a kinetic energy of x, but i have not yet thrown the rock, but the rock has the potentually force to do it.

    Electrons always have the same charge, it doesn't matter if they're moving or not.

    Coulomb is just a unit of measurement - it's literally just equivalent to the negative/positive charge of 6,241x 10^18 electrons/protons.

    But at the same time, it doesn't really make sense to speak of coulombs it unless a current is flowing. You don't really use this term to talk about anything other than electricity (i.e. moving current). When electrons aren't moving, and there is no electricity - the electrons still have charge, but the conductor itself is not charged - as the electrons are fixed in orbit around atoms, which are neutral, and the end result is that the entire material is neutral and has no charge.

    If you want to talk about electrons in isolation (like when they are moving through space at close to light speeds), then you use the unit electronvolt to talk about their energy level - which is a slightly different concept but related to that of coulombs and charge.

    victor1985 wrote:As far as i know coulomb is the unit measurement for electric charge. Which i do understand as being static atoms (pozitive or negative). The intensity is measured in amphere and is the electrons that pass by a conductor in a second. What do i dont understand well is the difference between electric charge and intensity. Point is i dont understand STATIC ELECTRICITY at all. Better i understand electric circuit.

    Static electricity is just what happens when you have two locations seperated by an insulator, that have different levels of electric charge. So exactly like how a battery works.

    The electrons balance themselves out by transfering from where there are more of them to where there are less of them. If the difference between the charges of the two places is great enough, the voltage (electromotive force) can be high enough to cause an ionization of the air between these two places (if air is what seperates them), thus temporarily making air into a conductor, with the electrons leaping across it in the form of a spark or electric arc.

    Of course, as soon as the balance is restored and both locations have the same charge - they are electrically neutral and no more current flows. In the absense of a chemical reaction that keeps creating such a difference (i.e. like the one in a battery), there will be no more sparks or electric arcs after the initial one. It happens momentarily and that's it.

    Usually the way such a difference is caused, is by rubbing some surfaces onto certain materials.
    Doing so can rub some electrons off the surface, and thus cause it to be positively charged. As soon as that material touches something else, especially a conductor - the spark happens.
    It can happen to human skin too, which is why humans sometimes get zapped by static.

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:05 am

    So when you friction a material upon a material and is created static electricity what exacly happens? Friction make an magnetic field that push the electrons trought air to the other material?

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:09 am

    Lets say you friction two objects. In object number one the electrons are travel first inside object number one ; this creates a electric charge and the electrons start jumping in the air to object number two?

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:41 pm

    I finded how they make invisible airplanes. Basically the materials that are not conducting electricity and are isolators do not echo the electromagnetic wave of radar. Point is that is not such thing as a perfect isolator so a radar wave is less but anyway reflected. Just you must make more sensitive eauipment to catch even the small amount of waves reflected.

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:05 pm

    I finded a material about radar and learn about PRF and PRT. Seems that single antenna wich emit and receive are problematic because of ambigusity. Mean about the wrong locate made when a second echo is emited after first echo is returning. I will learn about separate emitter and receiver of radar. Also modifying speed of wavelenght would help but dunno if is possible. Or alternate wavelenghts or power.

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  flamming_python on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:01 pm

    victor1985 wrote:So when you friction a material upon a material and is created static electricity what exacly happens? Friction make an magnetic field that push the electrons trought air to the other material?

    Friction rubs the electrons off one material onto another. Actually it's not really friction, it's just that when you rub two materials together, the atoms/molecules of one material attract electrons more strongly than the other material's atoms/molecules; this property is called electron affinity. So what happens in the end, is that one material steals electrons from the other.

    The material that has been stolen electrons from, ends up positively charged, with a deficit of electrons. When it touches something else later, electricity conducts through the air from the other material onto it; you see this in the form of sparks.
    The same goes for the other material - it's now more negatively charged, and these extra electrons will vacate it at the soonest opportunity.

    victor1985 wrote:I finded a material about radar and learn about PRF and PRT. Seems that single antenna wich emit and receive are problematic because of ambigusity. Mean about the wrong locate made when a second echo is emited after first echo is returning. I will learn about separate emitter and receiver of radar. Also modifying speed of wavelenght would help but dunno if is possible. Or alternate wavelenghts or power.

    I don't know that much about radar, and I can't explain to you how stealth works - or rather I wouldn't be able to do the science justice, with my explanation.

    But I will tell you that the speed of an electromagnetic wave is always constant; that goes for radio waves, infra-red, visible light, etc...

    The difference between them are their wavelengths and frequencies. In fact their wavelengths are always inversely proportional to their frequencies - the greater one is, the lesser the other is.
    This is because of the wave equation; which is basically speed = wavelength * frequency.
    Which means that assuming the speed of the wave stays constant (and it does), then an increase in wavelength must imply a decrease in frequency and vice-versa.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9443
    Points : 9935
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  George1 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:46 pm

    Russian Military Unveils Revolutionary Electronic Warfare System

    Russia's new Richag-AV radar and sonar jamming system can be mounted on helicopters, ships and other military equipment to jam potential adversaries' weapons systems from distances of several hundred kilometers away; it has been hailed by developers as having no analogue anywhere in the world.

    At a presentation for journalists in Kazan on Wednesday, Russian radio-electronics firm Radio-Electronic Technologies Concern (KRET) announced that it is handing over the first batch of a new helicopter-mounted electronic warfare system known as the 'Richag-AV' to the armed forces.

    The Richag-AV system, mounted on the Mi-8MTPR1 (a variant of the Mi-8MTB5-1 helicopter) is said to have no global equivalent. Its electronic countermeasures system is designed to jam radar, sonar and other detection systems in the aims of defending aircraft, helicopters, drones, ground and naval forces against air-to-air and surface-to-air defense systems within a radius of several hundred kilometers. It can be mounted on units from any branch of the armed forces, including helicopters and airplanes, as well as ground and ship-based forces.

    The Mi8-MTPR1-based Richag-AV platform, using multi-beam antenna arrays with DRFM technology, is designed to actively jam and thus 'blind' radar systems in order to defend against radio-electronic guided weapons systems. In a combat situation, the system would operate as part of an aviation shock attack group aimed at breaking through virtually any defense system, blinding everything up to and including the US MIM-104 'Patriot' anti-aircraft missile system.

    Defense Meteorological Satellite Program Primary function: Collect terrestrial, space en- vironment and Earth surface data. Dimensions: Approximately 14 ft. long. Weight: 2,545 lbs., includ- ing 592-pound sensor payload.

    Rossiyskaya Gazeta explained that in addition to working as a signal jamming system, Richag-AV is capable of carrying out radar-based intelligence gathering, which involves the finding of foreign sources of electromagnetic radiation. With an onboard database on different types of military installations, the system is capable of quickly determining the type of target, thus allowing it to jam it effectively.

    Reporters in Kazan were informed that the Russian armed forces received three Mi-8MTPR-1 helicopters equipped with the Richag-Av on Wednesday, and will receive a total of 18 such systems by October 2016, at a total cost of 11.5 billion rubles ($186 million).

    The system's predecessor, the 'Smalta' jamming system, was developed back in the 1970s, and featured a 100 km radius; in its own time the system was considered among the most effective in the world. Alongside the Richag-AV, the Russian military is presently being equipped with other electronic warfare systems, including the L-175B Hibini air and 1L269 Krasuha-2 and 1L267 Moskva-1 ground-based electronic warfare systems.

    KRET is Russia's largest radio-electronic industrial holding; it was created in 2009. The company is involved in the development and production of radio-electronic equipment in the civil and military aviation sphere, as well as air-based radar systems, electronic warfare systems, and a variety of precision instrumentation.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150304/1019042643.html#ixzz3TQbqinhh

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:20 pm

    I finded how error can get on long distance radars. More exacly about the second wavelenght emitted mai get first in front of first wave. Thus a more bigger pause mai be done between them. But can be obtained better acuracy using a known series of different close wavelengts. You know the series you know which wave is first. Just like using different sounds and know whit what started and whats next.

    victor1985
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 852
    Points : 901
    Join date : 2015-01-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  victor1985 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:43 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    victor1985 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    victor1985 wrote:I wanna ask something: a ampere is a 6,241x 10^18 electrons that are moving throught circuit. Question is: those electrons where are they after moving? And a coulomb is stationary electrons..... where they stay in a battery and in a electric circuit togheter and separate?

    They all move 'round a circuit. 'Round and 'round they go. So eventually, after some time, you'll see the same electron passing the same point in the circuit as did before.

    Coulomb is equivalent to 6,241x 10^18 electrons, they can be stationary or moving, but I suppose it only really makes sense to talk about coulombs when they are moving - as when they are stationary the circuit is not charged at all and no electricity flows.

    As for where the electrons stay - on the outer shell of the atoms of the conductor. That's where they are at rest. When you apply a voltage, they start hoping from one atom to the next - all in the same direction, and this is what electricity is.
    The larger the conductor you connect to the battery (i.e. a longer wire), the more electrons in total would be moving.

    so a battery  what makes whit that plates inside if the curent is given by the electrons in the wire? What is their role? To create the electric field that push the electrons?

    Yes, exactly that. The battery's chemical reactions create a difference between its two terminals, one ends up being more negative (more electrons), the other more positive (less electrons).
    When you connect a wire to the two terminals, the electrons in the wire will be attracted towards the positive terminal and will move towards there, giving you a current.

    victor1985 wrote:More clearly i do understand the coulomb  being the static electrons wich are POTEBTUALLY moving and become electric curent. Is like a capacity of body but not yet functionally. Is like saing: if i thrown a rock whit 10 metter/second i can obtain a kinetic energy of x, but i have not yet thrown the rock, but the rock has the potentually force to do it.

    Electrons always have the same charge, it doesn't matter if they're moving or not.

    Coulomb is just a unit of measurement - it's literally just equivalent to the negative/positive charge of 6,241x 10^18 electrons/protons.

    But at the same time, it doesn't really make sense to speak of coulombs it unless a current is flowing. You don't really use this term to talk about anything other than electricity (i.e. moving current). When electrons aren't moving, and there is no electricity - the electrons still have charge, but the conductor itself is not charged - as the electrons are fixed in orbit around atoms, which are neutral, and the end result is that the entire material is neutral and has no charge.

    If you want to talk about electrons in isolation (like when they are moving through space at close to light speeds), then you use the unit electronvolt to talk about their energy level - which is a slightly different concept but related to that of coulombs and charge.

    victor1985 wrote:As far as i know coulomb is the unit measurement for electric charge. Which i do understand as being static atoms (pozitive or negative). The intensity is measured in amphere and is the electrons that pass by a conductor in a second. What do i dont understand well is the difference between electric charge and intensity. Point is i dont understand STATIC ELECTRICITY at all. Better i understand electric circuit.

    Static electricity is just what happens when you have two locations seperated by an insulator, that have different levels of electric charge. So exactly like how a battery works.

    The electrons balance themselves out by transfering from where there are more of them to where there are less of them. If the difference between the charges of the two places is great enough, the voltage (electromotive force) can be high enough to cause an ionization of the air between these two places (if air is what seperates them), thus temporarily making air into a conductor, with the electrons leaping across it in the form of a spark or electric arc.

    Of course, as soon as the balance is restored and both locations have the same charge - they are electrically neutral and no more current flows. In the absense of a chemical reaction that keeps creating such a difference (i.e. like the one in a battery), there will be no more sparks or electric arcs after the initial one. It happens momentarily and that's it.

    Usually the way such a difference is caused, is by rubbing some surfaces onto certain materials.
    Doing so can rub some electrons off the surface, and thus cause it to be positively charged. As soon as that material touches something else, especially a conductor - the spark happens.
    It can happen to human skin too, which is why humans sometimes get zapped by static.
    so let me understand well: in a battery the chemicals rip electrons from pozitive head so in this creates trought the heads and conductor of circuit and endless no balance of electrons ie the electric current? So how batteries loose power trought time?

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3182
    Points : 3310
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  flamming_python on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:37 pm

    victor1985 wrote:so let me understand well: in a battery the chemicals rip electrons from pozitive head so in this creates trought the heads and conductor of circuit and endless no balance of electrons ie the electric current? So how batteries loose power trought time?

    Yes pretty much, I don't know the precise chemical mechanism but yes electrons congregate on one terminal which leaves the other one positive, and this creates a voltage difference between the two terminals which is enough to drive a current when a wire is connected to both terminals.

    The batteries lose power because that chemical reaction is not endless, like any chemical reaction it gradually dies down and then it ends, no more electrons transfer to the negative terminal, thus there is no potential difference between the terminals - and no more voltage to drive a current.

    TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1518
    Points : 1681
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  TheArmenian on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:50 am

    And here is the RICHAG-AB and the VITEBSK:


    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:06 am


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:06 am