Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Share

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9451
    Points : 9943
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  George1 on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:28 pm

    Russian army received new «Murmansk-BN» Electronic Warfare complex

    The new «Murmansk-BN» modern electronic warfare complex (EW) received by the Russian armed forces in April 2016, according to the press service of the Russian Defense Ministry.

    The new «Murmansk-BN» system, created by KRET specialists, is a formidable weapon for defending any of the enemy’s air targets. The complex is radio reconnaissance, interception of enemy signals and their suppression. It works around the shortwave bands.

    The «Murmansk-BN» is capable of disorganizing command & control of potential enemy. He works at a distance of more than 5 000 km.



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    GunshipDemocracy
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1516
    Points : 1558
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:47 pm

    George1 wrote:

    The «Murmansk-BN»  is capable of disorganizing command & control of potential enemy. He works at a distance of more than 5 000 km.


    affraid affraid affraid

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  max steel on Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:56 pm

    Russian electronic warfare equipment surpasses Western analogues

    According to the Russian Electronic Warfare Forces commander, a special electronic warfare testing site is to be created in Russia by 2018
    Russian electronic warfare equipment surpasses Western analogues by a number of characteristics, including range, Russian Electronic Warfare Forces commander Maj. Gen. Yury Lastochkin said Friday.

    Lastochkin said that in general, the main tendencies of development of domestic electronic warfare (EW) equipment and similar equipment by leading foreign states coincide, which predetermines the closeness of their technical and tactical characteristics.

    "Nevertheless, among key advantages of domestic electronic warfare equipment compared to foreign analogues can be named its greater range, which is achieved thanks to the use of more powerful transmitters and more efficient antenna systems," he said.

    According to the commander, the share of state-of-the-art equipment in electronic warfare troops totals 46%.

    Lastochkin told journalists that in line with the plans to equip electronic warfare (EW) units in accordance with the state defense order, some 300 main specimens of hardware and more than 1,000 small-size items of equipment have been supplied to the troops.

    "The activities made it possible to re-equip 45% of electronic warfare military units with modern systems, such as Murmansk-BN, Krasukha, Borisoglebsk-2 etc.," he said.

    "In this way, by the start of 2016, the overall share of modern specimens of equipment totaled 46%," Lastochkin said.

    The official also pointed out that electronic warfare troops would be involved in various maneuvers of the Russian Armed Forces to complicate the situation during the drills.

    Lastochkin told journalists that over 200 special tactical drills and command post exercises are scheduled for 2016 with electronic warfare (EW) formations and military units as part of combat training events.

    He said a special electronic warfare testing site is to be created in Russia by 2018.

    Militarov
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4858
    Points : 4905
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Militarov on Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:57 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    George1 wrote:

    The «Murmansk-BN»  is capable of disorganizing command & control of potential enemy. He works at a distance of more than 5 000 km.


    affraid affraid affraid



    This is how whole installation looks.

    Flanky
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 184
    Points : 193
    Join date : 2011-05-02

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Flanky on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:29 pm

    Russia assymetric response at its best....
    NATO Commanders know that if their C2 equipment is rendered useless the war would end sooner than it would start....

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  max steel on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:32 am

    Killer airwaves: Russia starts trial of electromagnetic warfare system

    Russia’s electronic warfare equipment producer launched tests of a tactical electromagnetic combat complex fully integrated with latest air-defense systems. It guarantees complete neutralization of all enemy electronics.

    Factory testing is underway for components of the new system, capable of protecting troops and civilian facilities from air and space attacks, a representative of Russia’s leading producer of electronic warfare systems, Radio-Electronic Technologies Concern (KRET), told TASS. The tests are expected to be completed by the end of 2016.

    Integrated with air defense systems and networks, the new complex “maintains automated real-time intelligence data exchange with the airspace defense task force” to facilitate centralized target distribution, the source said.

    Solutions realized in the new complex ensure secure suppression of any existing and perspective airborne electronic equipment, making it impossible for the aircrafts and satellites to proceed with their missions.

    It uses brand-new algorithms of electronic jamming with expanded combat capabilities and modernized command module design. The complex consists of multiple jamming modules exercising long-range impact on enemy command system with a powerful and complex digital signal.

    “We’ve created multichannel information transmission system ensuring simultaneous electronic jamming of various systems,” KRET’s representative said.

    Jamming modules serve as elements of a hierarchically-organized multilevel system, which “optimally distributes its energy, band and intellectual resource,” KRET’s press service cited the deputy general director, Igor Nasenkov.

    Besides that, all modules are equipped with means of electronic self-defense, because they “they come as top-priority target for enemy’s primary attack,” Nasenkov said.

    In November 2015, Nasenkov said that a new upcoming ground-based electronic defense system integrated with air defense system is going to be incorporating antisatellite capabilities.

    The new jammer would render enemy precision weapons useless by suppressing guidance systems, including those relying on satellite signals.



    “The system is meant to jam enemy aviation, carrier-launched, tactical and strategic, and jam the signals of foreign military satellites,” Yury Maevsky, deputy head of KRET, told TASS also last November.

    Maevsky said elements and modules of the upcoming electronic warfare system are going to be deployed at will on various land-based, airborne and naval carriers.

    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2980
    Points : 3014
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  max steel on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:12 am

    How Russia's Edge in Electronic Warfare Could 'Ground' the U.S. Air Force unshaven


    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed May 04, 2016 5:03 am

    In Russia began testing electronic missile "umbrella"

    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Russia's Next Military Game Changer: Microwave Weapons?

    Post  nemrod on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:32 pm


    This weapon is far to be new, during the Soviet Union's era, engineers worked out this kind of weapons. I read that during the 60's first soviet microwave weapons were designed, but at that time too much cumbersome to be embedded into useful weapon. Nowadays this weapon seems to be enough mature. This is the definitely the end of US strategy that in fact never worked. The BVR was never than a myth, it is a myth, and will stay a myth for at least the rest of this century. Microwave weapons will disable all WVR's missiles too, including those are infra-red. It is the end of an era that started during the 60's with pitiable performances of US -as long as soviet- air to air missiles. The Gulf war of 1991 was not brighting too for air to air missiles. Now it is The End. We are back to the real world, world of dogfights, where US are far behind of the others.

    http://nationalinterest.org/feature/russias-next-military-game-changer-microwave-weapons-16946
    http://tass.ru/opinions/interviews/3440871



    Russia's Next Military Game Changer: Microwave Weapons?

    New drones and fighters could fry enemy hardware from a distance.
    Michael Peck
    July 12, 2016

    Russia will arm its sixth-generation combat drones with microwave weapons.

    These weapons, which disable an aircraft’s electronic equipment, already exist today “and can hit targets within a radius of tens of kilometers,” said Vladimir Mikheev, a director of state-owned Russian electronics firm KRET, in an interview with TASS.


    However, Mikheev suggested that microwave weapons can be as dangerous to the user as to the target. While Russia is developing manned and unmanned sixth-generation aircraft, which are predicted to first take flight in 2025, only the unmanned version will be armed with a microwave weapon. “The electromagnetic pulse fired by the microwave weapon is so powerful that it is extremely difficult to protect the pilot from his own weapons,” Mikheev said. “No matter how well we may shield the cabin, this electronic pulse will get through. And as a human is also, to some extent, a ‘device’ operating on the basis of receiving and transmitting electromagnetic signals, such weapons can cause heavy damage to the health of the pilot.”

    “Protection is already in place today: shielding, special goggles and a glass canopy covered with gold plating to reduce radiation. However, it is so far impossible to ensure 100 percent protection.”

    Echoing the same debates in the United States over manned versus unmanned combat aircraft, Mikheev said that only the unmanned version of Russia's sixth-generation aircraft will have “full technical capabilities.” He predicted these drones will be hypersonic, with a speed of Mach 4 to 5, and will be capable of flight through near space (sixty-five thousand to 328,000 feet).

    Mikheev also notes that that fifth-generation aircraft, such as the F-22, F-35 and Russia’s PAK FA, are characterized by supersonic cruising speed and stealth designs. But what will distinguish sixth-generation aircraft from their predecessors is the capability to work with drones. Mikheev offered a vision of Russian drone warfare that sounds much like its American counterpart. Like the United States, Russia is embracing manned-unmanned teaming, where piloted aircraft control packs of drones.

    Also like American defense contractors, Russian companies say price shouldn’t be a barrier to capability. While drones are cheaper than manned aircraft, they will never be cheap. “They will come at a serious price, given that it will be a high-tech weapon—an aircraft combining hypersonic flight speed, low visibility, high security, artificial intelligence (in order to work in a group) and the most modern weapons, including electromagnetic. The sixth-generation arsenal will also include the latest weapon control systems, reconnaissance, electronic warfare, guidance, navigation and Identification Friend or Foe.”

    The U.S. military is also grappling with what a sixth-generation combat aircraft will look like. Long range, stealth and supersonic cruising capabilities are likely to be features, as will be non-kinetic armament such as microwave or other electromagnetic weapons. It is a certainty that the next generation of manned aircraft will only be a component of a larger team, with the pilot the would-be master of a swarm of drones increasingly capable of autonomous flight.

    The ultimate question: Will a sixth-generation aircraft even have a pilot?

    Michael Peck is a contributing writer for the National Interest. He can be found on Twitter and Facebook.



    Mindstorm
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 737
    Points : 920
    Join date : 2011-07-20

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Mindstorm on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:38 pm

    EW system "Поле-21", designed to warp and suppress UAV ,cruise missile and PGM satellite uplink for guidance and control, in its version conceived for the protection of large area  military and civil infrastructures, enter in full scale adoption.  



    http://vpk.name/news/162073_minoboronyi_zaglushit_gps_s_vyishek_sotovoi_svyazi.html


    In its export version each system (that can be mounted even on simple cellular poles ,each placed at dozen of Km of distance from other) cover a quadrant of 150 k of side.


    http://www.ntc-reb.ru/pole.html


    It go without saying that the possibility of sequentiation of the suppressing signal from each emitter so widely spaced render the system practically immune to any know anti radiation missile ,that would get anyhow already a very hard time to even track a suitable signal to follow.

    Those kind of systems that can be easily integrated with other masking sytems ,such as the already named ТДА-3, recently tested just for strategic coverage of entire military infrastructures and ground forces in march ,could literally thwart  a large scale air attack single-handedly ,even in absence of any other element of the IADS; from this awareness and for effect of mirror-thinking born the high investment in domestic systems independent from satelittes guidance for navigation and/or weapon guidance ,such as the СВП-24 successfully employed in the operation in Syria.

    jhelb
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 419
    Points : 483
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  jhelb on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:09 pm

    Mindstorm wrote:EW system "Поле-21", designed to warp and suppress UAV ,cruise missile and PGM satellite uplink for guidance and control, in its version conceived for the protection of large area  military and civil infrastructures, enter in full scale adoption.  

    Mindstorm,what's the future of EW warfare? In other words what are the technologies that we will see 10-20 years from now?

    In an interview with a Belarusian newspaper, Igor Nasenkov, Deputy CEO of KRET said that Russia is developing new systems based on entirely new principles. He did not elaborate though.

    RTN
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Posts : 185
    Points : 170
    Join date : 2014-03-24
    Location : Fairfield , CT

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  RTN on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:47 pm

    Mindstorm wrote:

    It go without saying that the possibility of sequentiation of the suppressing signal from each emitter so widely spaced render the system practically immune to any know anti radiation missile ,that would get anyhow already a very hard time to even track a suitable signal to follow.

    Those kind of systems that can be easily integrated with other masking sytems ,such as the already named ТДА-3, recently tested just for strategic coverage of entire military infrastructures and ground forces in march ,could literally thwart  a large scale air attack single-handedly ,even in absence of any other element of the IADS; from this awareness and for effect of mirror-thinking born the high investment in domestic systems independent from satelittes guidance for navigation and/or weapon guidance ,such as the СВП-24 successfully employed in the operation in Syria.

    Why do you conclude that the system is immune to anti-radiation missile?

    Fair enough you can integrate the system with other "masking systems" but anti-radiation missiles can still home in on the target. Also, I get it that RF homing for guidance are vulnerable to emission control (EMCON) countertactics. However, that being said anti-radiation missiles like HARM can discriminate between a single target from a number of emitters in the environment.

    I realise that the ambiguities in the radar frequency spectrum can once in a while make accurate platform targeting and missile guidance difficult.That said, the Command Launch Computer perform target identification, prioritization & generates targetting commands for the HARM.

    Moreover, RF homing integrated with an active millimeter wave terminal seeker provides a counter-shutdown capability

    Mindstorm
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 737
    Points : 920
    Join date : 2011-07-20

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Mindstorm on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:15 pm


    RTN wrote:Fair enough you can integrate the system with other "masking systems"

    In mine assertion is not taken onto account the effect of any kind of "masking element" and, even more, any kind of additional aiding system.


    RTN wrote:......but anti-radiation missiles can still home in on the target.


    What target ?

    That system is not a single search or guidance radar that would "shut down" when targeted by an anti-radiation missile.

    With the system in question the original electromagnetic source that such an anti-radiation missile would attempt to detect, insulate and follow (with all the enormous hurdles posed by today state of art digital systems) would likely be "down" even before the same missile would ignite its engine, all of that while another source from a completely different angle would go "active".

    An attack against the system will need a totally different approach : first phase will be a slow and very risky (for the closer range required) SIGINT operation aimed at triangulate the exact position of Поле-21's radiating elements, successive phase will be offensive element selection; the weapon of choices will.be likely missile (instead of gliding or corrected bombs, much more dependent from satellite uplink for flight guidance and correction) with very advanced INS and TERCOM guidance, heavy warheads and delivered from relatively short range so to get a chance to put one of the elements of Поле-21 within the lethal area of the warhead.


    jhelb wrote:what's the future of EW warfare?

    Well foreseable future will likely not see anymore an EW warfare at all, at least in the today meaning of the word Wink

    It will be almost completely supplanted by FW warfare within the next three decades (two day ago first phase, of the five planned, of the domestic RORFAR breakthrough has been completed successfully: a capital achievement).

    Moreover the field will likely absorb also direct energy systems . Here great hopes and prospects retain, in mine opinion, also in reason of some recent highly sinergistic achievements, HPM-generated long live plasmoids.

    In general and still leaving outside the most "revolutionary" side of the sector, is possible to say that the new developments of this field will literally shape even the design layout of future weapon systems and theirs central requirements.


    jhelb
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

    Posts : 419
    Points : 483
    Join date : 2015-04-04
    Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  jhelb on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:36 am

    Mindstorm wrote:
    It will be almost completely supplanted by FW warfare within the next three decades (two day ago first phase, of the five planned, of the domestic RORFAR breakthrough has been completed successfully: a capital achievement).  

    Mindstorm, what does FW stand for, Frequency Wave? Also what is RORFAR? Thanks for your answer.

    Tolstoy
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 12
    Points : 12
    Join date : 2015-07-12

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Tolstoy on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:59 pm

    Mindstorm wrote:
    Well foreseable future will likely not see anymore an EW warfare at all, at least in the today meaning of the word  Wink   

    But Krasushka-4 and similar type of EW warfare systems are still being developed? So why won't there be any EW warfare in the future?

    Mindstorm wrote:In general and still leaving outside the most "revolutionary" side of the sector

    Which is the most revolutionary side of this sector?

    Mindstorm
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 737
    Points : 920
    Join date : 2011-07-20

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Mindstorm on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:21 pm

    jhelb wrote:Mindstorm, what does FW stand for, Frequency Wave?

    Well in english it would have been better to write PW, Photonic Warfare or Radio-Optical Warfare which will include obviously also measure designed to contrast various DE weapons.

     

    jhelb wrote: Also what is RORFAR?

    Also here, in english language, maybe should had been better to translate the acronym with "ROPAA".

    Anyway if you are interested in an idea on the subject ,i point out to you this good interview with General Director at КРЭТ,  В.Г.Михеевым.

    http://www.kr-media.ru/news/avionika-i-vooruzhenie/sovetnik-pervogo-zamestitelya-generalnogo-direktora-kret-v-g-mikheev-intervyu/

    A more simple article in english on the leading state of domestic research in that field can be found at the same site of КРЭТ.


    http://kret.com/en/news/10260/


    Tolstoy wrote:But Krasushka-4 and similar type of EW warfare systems are still being developed? So why won't there be any EW warfare in the future?


    1РЛ257 «Красуха-4» has been fully developed and is in full scale production since several years by now (only last year 15 system was delivered to armed forces).

    Do you mean the new system, developed on the basis of the know-how achieved with "Красуха" project, conceived for strategic scale coverage from air space attack planned to be completed within one / one and half years ?

    If you mean that, then maybe i was not clear enough : the transition in the "EW" domain will remain obviously "evolutional" until the introduction, at wide scale production level, of photonic systems which will represent a true critical point of break.

    Being the "front runner" ,for so say, in this segment offer to КРЭТ a very distinctive technological advantage over foreign competitors and even more give to it a privileged posistion in mid-to-long term scientific R&D planning and in conceiving ,in advance, the required changes in military force structure and system design necessary to comply with the new technological reality.

    Tolstoy
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 12
    Points : 12
    Join date : 2015-07-12

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Tolstoy on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:27 am

    Mindstorm wrote:
    Well in english it would have been better to write PW, Photonic Warfare or Radio-Optical Warfare which will include obviously also measure designed to contrast various DE weapons.

    An example of ROFAR is the photonics-based radar system using active radio-optical phased array technology that PAK-FA will receive. This will allow the PAK-FA to view stealth aircraft at distances beyond the range of air-to-air missiles.

    Isos
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 307
    Points : 311
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Isos on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:39 pm



    Nice video showing the effect of Talisman warefar suite on radars

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:47 pm

    Mindstorm wrote:

    Tolstoy wrote:But Krasushka-4 and similar type of EW warfare systems are still being developed? So why won't there be any EW warfare in the future?


    1РЛ257 «Красуха-4» has been fully developed and is in full scale production since several years by now (only last year 15 system was delivered to armed forces).

    Do you mean the new system, developed on the basis of the know-how achieved with "Красуха" project, conceived for strategic scale coverage from air space attack planned to be completed within one / one and half years ?

    If you mean that, then maybe i was not clear enough : the transition in the "EW" domain will remain obviously "evolutional" until the introduction, at wide scale production level, of photonic systems which will represent a true critical point of break.


    Being the "front runner" ,for so say, in this segment offer to КРЭТ a very distinctive technological advantage over foreign competitors and even more give to it a privileged posistion in mid-to-long term scientific R&D planning and in conceiving ,in advance, the required changes in military force structure and system design necessary to comply with the new technological reality.

    Looks like it's here:

    Russia tests ‘unrivaled’ new radio-electronic weapon – producer

    Russia has developed and successfully tested radio-electronic weapons systems unmatched anywhere in the world, RIA Novosti reports, citing the manufacturer.

    "Real prototypes of such weapons have already been created and they have proven their efficiency,” a representative of Russia’s United Instrument Manufacturing Company (OPK), which is in charge of the production, told RIA Novosti.

    The new technology falls under the somewhat loose term "weapons based on new physical principles." The grouping includes armaments that employ physical processes and phenomena not generally used in modern weapons. Laser and sonic weapons are among other examples of such technology.

    According to the OPK representative, the brand-new Russian system is as yet unrivaled.

    “This is a completely new type of weapon, which has no analogues in our country, and I daresay, in the world."

    The announcement came during the ‘Arms High-tech’ military exhibition currently taking place in Armenia. The state-of-the-art system is capable of disabling various types of targets without using the traditional rounds or shells. Instead, the weapon uses ‘directed energy.’

    "It conducts indirect physical impact on the on-board equipment of aircraft or drones and neutralizes precision-guided weapons," RIA quotes the OPK representative as saying.

    The weapon was for the first time presented to Russian military officials in September this year during a closed performance at the annual military expo ‘Army 2016’ outside Moscow.

    In February, US Air Force General Philip Breedlove warned of the rising electronic warfare capabilities in Russia, the National Interest reported.

    “They [Russia] have invested a lot in electronic warfare because they know we are a connected and precise force and they need to disconnect us to make us imprecise,” Breedlove said.

    The US is working on numerous projects of non-conventional weapons, including radio, electronic, infrared and laser ones.

    “We have electronic warfare capability – we probably do not have the capacity we need now,” Breedlove noted.

    In April this year, Russia’s Radio-Electronic Technologies Concern (KRET) announced it has started trials of a tactical electromagnetic combat complex fully integrated with the latest air-defense systems.

    The system is designed to suppress any existing and prospective airborne electronic equipment, making it impossible for the aircraft and satellites to proceed with their missions.

    https://www.rt.com/news/362672-radio-electronic-weapon-russia/


    "Weapons based on new physical principles" is code-word for photonic based EM weapons.

    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1763
    Points : 1803
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  franco on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:40 pm

    MOSCOW, Oct. 21 -. RIA Novosti Russian Defense Ministry will soon receive three Il-22PP with a new system of electronic warfare and reconnaissance "Porubschik," said Managing Director of the Experimental Engineering Plant, Alexander Gorbunov.

    "Currently, state tests of the prototype with the recommendation of the adoption of the IL-22PP adopted aerospace Russian forces in November of this year, the Ministry of Defence will be given another two aircraft IL-22PP," - Said Gorbunov on a single day of military goods acceptance .

    According to him, the aircraft-jammer and passing intelligence IL-22PP "Porubschik" allows you to effectively deal with the aircraft airborne early warning and control, air defense systems, as well as manned and unmanned aircraft.

    "The main feature of the complex is the frequency selectivity, which ensures the combat readiness of the domestic radio-electronic systems" - said Gorbunov.

    Rmf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 381
    Points : 376
    Join date : 2013-05-30

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Rmf on Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:37 pm

    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Mindstorm wrote:

    Tolstoy wrote:But Krasushka-4 and similar type of EW warfare systems are still being developed? So why won't there be any EW warfare in the future?


    1РЛ257 «Красуха-4» has been fully developed and is in full scale production since several years by now (only last year 15 system was delivered to armed forces).

    Do you mean the new system, developed on the basis of the know-how achieved with "Красуха" project, conceived for strategic scale coverage from air space attack planned to be completed within one / one and half years ?

    If you mean that, then maybe i was not clear enough : the transition in the "EW" domain will remain obviously "evolutional" until the introduction, at wide scale production level, of photonic systems which will represent a true critical point of break.


    Being the "front runner" ,for so say, in this segment offer to КРЭТ a very distinctive technological advantage over foreign competitors and even more give to it a privileged posistion in mid-to-long term scientific R&D planning and in conceiving ,in advance, the required changes in military force structure and system design necessary to comply with the new technological reality.

    Looks like it's here:

    Russia tests ‘unrivaled’ new radio-electronic weapon – producer

    Russia has developed and successfully tested radio-electronic weapons systems unmatched anywhere in the world, RIA Novosti reports, citing the manufacturer.

    "Real prototypes of such weapons have already been created and they have proven their efficiency,” a representative of Russia’s United Instrument Manufacturing Company (OPK), which is in charge of the production, told RIA Novosti.

    The new technology falls under the somewhat loose term "weapons based on new physical principles." The grouping includes armaments that employ physical processes and phenomena not generally used in modern weapons. Laser and sonic weapons are among other examples of such technology.

    According to the OPK representative, the brand-new Russian system is as yet unrivaled.

    “This is a completely new type of weapon, which has no analogues in our country, and I daresay, in the world."

    The announcement came during the ‘Arms High-tech’ military exhibition currently taking place in Armenia. The state-of-the-art system is capable of disabling various types of targets without using the traditional rounds or shells. Instead, the weapon uses ‘directed energy.’

    "It conducts indirect physical impact on the on-board equipment of aircraft or drones and neutralizes precision-guided weapons," RIA quotes the OPK representative as saying.

    The weapon was for the first time presented to Russian military officials in September this year during a closed performance at the annual military expo ‘Army 2016’ outside Moscow.

    In February, US Air Force General Philip Breedlove warned of the rising electronic warfare capabilities in Russia, the National Interest reported.

    “They [Russia] have invested a lot in electronic warfare because they know we are a connected and precise force and they need to disconnect us to make us imprecise,” Breedlove said.

    The US is working on numerous projects of non-conventional weapons, including radio, electronic, infrared and laser ones.

    “We have electronic warfare capability – we probably do not have the capacity we need now,” Breedlove noted.

    In April this year, Russia’s Radio-Electronic Technologies Concern (KRET) announced it has started trials of a tactical electromagnetic combat complex fully integrated with the latest air-defense systems.

    The system is designed to suppress any existing and prospective airborne electronic equipment, making it impossible for the aircraft and satellites to proceed with their missions.

    https://www.rt.com/news/362672-radio-electronic-weapon-russia/


    "Weapons based on new physical principles" is code-word for photonic based EM weapons.

    nope its photonics (electron-photon duality/causality switch) and quantum entaglement or scary action at a distance principles.
    those are not new just never materialised practicaly.
    radar would make a complete comeback if this can be implemented.

    this is sooo huge deserves a separate topic on its own.

    chinese already made some statement about quantum radar detecting aircraft - probably experimental test.

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3233
    Points : 3357
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Vann7 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:10 am

    Rmf wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Mindstorm wrote:

    Tolstoy wrote:But Krasushka-4 and similar type of EW warfare systems are still being developed? So why won't there be any EW warfare in the future?


    1РЛ257 «Красуха-4» has been fully developed and is in full scale production since several years by now (only last year 15 system was delivered to armed forces).

    Do you mean the new system, developed on the basis of the know-how achieved with "Красуха" project, conceived for strategic scale coverage from air space attack planned to be completed within one / one and half years ?

    If you mean that, then maybe i was not clear enough : the transition in the "EW" domain will remain obviously "evolutional" until the introduction, at wide scale production level, of photonic systems which will represent a true critical point of break.


    Being the "front runner" ,for so say, in this segment offer to КРЭТ a very distinctive technological advantage over foreign competitors and even more give to it a privileged posistion in mid-to-long term scientific R&D planning and in conceiving ,in advance, the required changes in military force structure and system design necessary to comply with the new technological reality.

    Looks like it's here:

    Russia tests ‘unrivaled’ new radio-electronic weapon – producer

    Russia has developed and successfully tested radio-electronic weapons systems unmatched anywhere in the world, RIA Novosti reports, citing the manufacturer.

    "Real prototypes of such weapons have already been created and they have proven their efficiency,” a representative of Russia’s United Instrument Manufacturing Company (OPK), which is in charge of the production, told RIA Novosti.

    The new technology falls under the somewhat loose term "weapons based on new physical principles." The grouping includes armaments that employ physical processes and phenomena not generally used in modern weapons. Laser and sonic weapons are among other examples of such technology.

    According to the OPK representative, the brand-new Russian system is as yet unrivaled.

    “This is a completely new type of weapon, which has no analogues in our country, and I daresay, in the world."

    The announcement came during the ‘Arms High-tech’ military exhibition currently taking place in Armenia. The state-of-the-art system is capable of disabling various types of targets without using the traditional rounds or shells. Instead, the weapon uses ‘directed energy.’

    "It conducts indirect physical impact on the on-board equipment of aircraft or drones and neutralizes precision-guided weapons," RIA quotes the OPK representative as saying.

    The weapon was for the first time presented to Russian military officials in September this year during a closed performance at the annual military expo ‘Army 2016’ outside Moscow.

    In February, US Air Force General Philip Breedlove warned of the rising electronic warfare capabilities in Russia, the National Interest reported.

    “They [Russia] have invested a lot in electronic warfare because they know we are a connected and precise force and they need to disconnect us to make us imprecise,” Breedlove said.

    The US is working on numerous projects of non-conventional weapons, including radio, electronic, infrared and laser ones.

    “We have electronic warfare capability – we probably do not have the capacity we need now,” Breedlove noted.

    In April this year, Russia’s Radio-Electronic Technologies Concern (KRET) announced it has started trials of a tactical electromagnetic combat complex fully integrated with the latest air-defense systems.

    The system is designed to suppress any existing and prospective airborne electronic equipment, making it impossible for the aircraft and satellites to proceed with their missions.

    https://www.rt.com/news/362672-radio-electronic-weapon-russia/


    "Weapons based on new physical principles" is code-word for photonic based EM weapons.

    nope its photonics (electron-photon duality/causality switch) and quantum entaglement or scary action at a distance principles.
    those are not new just never materialised practicaly.
    radar would make a complete comeback if this can be implemented.

    this is sooo huge deserves a separate topic on its own.

    chinese already made some statement about quantum radar detecting aircraft - probably experimental test.


    Can you elaborate what is So Huge? What Russia is doing or china doing?



    Rmf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 381
    Points : 376
    Join date : 2013-05-30

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Rmf on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:43 pm

    insteat of twt or other rf generators , the generator in this case is Laser !
    it produces photons (dual particle wave) then they are transformed into microwave em radiation in dish full of optical fibers coated in some very low magnetic resistance supremaloy or other material ....you dont use ferrite phase shifter which has magnetic lag to it -(noise loses).  its simmilar to PESA in action.
    no noise ,very sharp focused beams ,pulse repetition can be enormous , frequencies can vary even more then aesa ,  LPI modes because lenght of optical fibers can be varied  ( imagine lenght of optical fibre 1 m accross the dish and divided in sections 1/20th and turning those parts on/off individually for evey fiber ), its so sharp you can image objects  (planes) no matter the usual  microwave wavelenght (pseudo IR like image).
    since optical fibers are used and hermeticaly sealed some electronicaly better yet more exotic expencive and fragile material can be used instead of ferrite (iron oxide) inside them...
    kw lasers optical fibers supermaloys technology is there.
    -to add you are using photons to generate microwave radiation instead of fast electrons thats why its called photonics.-
    no wonder americans are very hush hush about it ,only some article from russia or china pops up....

    Rmf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 381
    Points : 376
    Join date : 2013-05-30

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Rmf on Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:16 pm

    quantum radar is another thing where probably most of black budgets are going now . it uses quantum principle of entaglement or 2 particles sharing each other properties and ambiguities , as soon as one had been observed/contacted/influenced , the other particle gets determined even if it had no influence on it whatsoever... it works instantenious - accross any distance its faster then light. you can look at copenhagen debate Bohr vs Einstein.
    the way it works is you send microwave radiation (particle/wave) and a corresponding electrons are entangled with it but inside some mesurement apparatus.

    Rmf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 381
    Points : 376
    Join date : 2013-05-30

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Rmf on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:07 pm

    You can have entagled pair of photons but its hard to control and contain second particle inside sam truck for observation ,while other is going out radiating (radar emission). light is too fast ,and mirrors dont work , so you use electrons ih electron-photon pair -as its called- photonics.
    you take Laser- single sourse as RF emitter and split beams going into optical fibers , half of them is converted to microwave radiation and used for emmiting radar signal and second half is utilised for example moving stationary electrons...

    you also dont  want electrons to interact with anything or you lose entaglement . unlike photon-photon pair you can set a speed ratio of about 10.000;1 , so for every 10 km the radar wave goes electron moves 1 meter.
    if that radar wave hits an object or is absorbed electron inside SAM truck  instanteniously changes  properties and that can be detected so we know distance and by angle of antena the height of an object , the same moment something happends to that electromagnetic wave you have a change in electrons. its great for survailance.
    this works against stealth or any object,  it cannot be defeated , it cannot be jammed because you dont receive anything with your antenna , you dont use it as receiver , you just send a pulse and then observe ""electron box" inside your truck if anything changes...

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Electronic Warfare Systems

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:22 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:22 pm