Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Western propaganda

Sprut-B

Re: Western propaganda

Post  Sprut-B on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 pm

andalusia wrote:Is it true that Russia was trying to assassinate the President of Montenegro and allow Serbs to control the country to prevent Montenegro from joining NATO? If this is true than Russia is no better than the US. Is it true or propaganda?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37890683

I don't trust anything BBC says about Russia.

kvs

Post  kvs on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:14 pm

andalusia wrote:Is it true that Russia was trying to assassinate the President of Montenegro and allow Serbs to control the country to prevent Montenegro from joining NATO? If this is true than Russia is no better than the US. Is it true or propaganda?

You are trolling. It is obvious that the NATO MSM peddles all sorts of tin foil hat conspiracy theories about Russia. You can tell
    from the lack of motive for most of these fictions (e.g. Litvinenko, Skripal, etc.). However, when it comes to obvious wrong doing
    by NATO maggots, then we have screeching about "conspiracy theory". As if the Skripal case is not an obvious case of UK government
    conspiracy (look at the timing and the brazen accusations, no effort at objectivity whatsoever even though Scotland Yard was putting
    out a totally new theory about the poisoning every week).
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:20 pm

kvs wrote:

You are trolling.   It is obvious that the NATO MSM peddles all sorts of tin foil hat conspiracy theories about Russia.   You can tell
    from the lack of motive for most of these fictions (e.g. Litvinenko, Skripal, etc.).    However, when it comes to obvious wrong doing
    by NATO maggots, then we have screeching about "conspiracy theory".    As if the Skripal case is not an obvious case of UK government
    conspiracy (look at the timing and the brazen accusations, no effort at objectivity whatsoever even though Scotland Yard was putting

Meddling in the former yugo space is not far from Russian modus operandi. Also, guys in the Ru political system aren't some Vassar College undergraduates, they're cold blooded killers in all respects and wouldn't really hesitate. If you think otherwise, seek help.

PS. President of Montenegro? lol1 I think the full title was "Admiral General chief Judge President".
    kvs

Post  kvs on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Sprut-B wrote:

It is not about trust. It is about the transparent lack of substance in the hate propaganda being peddled by the BBC and the rest
    of the NATO MSM. Take the example of the hysterical, full bore lie coverage of the "anti-gay" law around the time of the Sochi
    Olympics. The BBC trotted out an activist (Peter Tatchell) for lowering the age of consent for gay sex to pre-teen (i.e. a pedo-queer agenda)
    as some expert on gay rights. I guess the stellar intellect management at the BBC linked the content of the Russian law, i.e.
    restriction on sex activism towards minors (both straight and gay), and pedophile rights. The BBC never bother to actually
    consult Russian gay rights activists who did not subscribe to the NATO propaganda narrative. Instead, the BBC insinuated that
    gays would be arrested if they kissed in public. This is not journalism by any stretch of the imagination.
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:23 pm

kvs wrote:
    Sprut-B wrote:

It is not about trust.   It is about the transparent lack of substance in the hate propaganda being peddled by the BBC and the rest
    of the NATO MSM.   Take the example of the hysterical, full bore lie coverage of the "anti-gay" law around the time of the Sochi
    Olympics.   The BBC trotted out an activist (Peter Tatchell) for lowering the age of consent for gay sex to pre-teen (i.e. a pedo-queer agenda)
    as some expert on gay rights.    I guess the stellar intellect management at the BBC linked the content of the Russian law, i.e.
    restriction on sex activism towards minors (both straight and gay), and pedophile rights.   The BBC never bother to actually
    consult Russian gay rights activists who did not subscribe to the NATO propaganda narrative.    Instead, the BBC insinuated that
    gays would be arrested if they kissed in public.   This is not journalism by any stretch of the imagination.

Like RT or AJ. Nobody watches one medium expecting 100% accuracy. Gone are those days.
    Sprut-B

Post  Sprut-B on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:35 pm

kvs wrote:
    Sprut-B wrote:

It is not about trust.   It is about the transparent lack of substance in the hate propaganda being peddled by the BBC and the rest
    of the NATO MSM.   Take the example of the hysterical, full bore lie coverage of the "anti-gay" law around the time of the Sochi
    Olympics.   The BBC trotted out an activist (Peter Tatchell) for lowering the age of consent for gay sex to pre-teen (i.e. a pedo-queer agenda)
    as some expert on gay rights.    I guess the stellar intellect management at the BBC linked the content of the Russian law, i.e.
    restriction on sex activism towards minors (both straight and gay), and pedophile rights.   The BBC never bother to actually
    consult Russian gay rights activists who did not subscribe to the NATO propaganda narrative.    Instead, the BBC insinuated that
    gays would be arrested if they kissed in public.   This is not journalism by any stretch of the imagination.

It's not only BBC but whole Western MSM propaganda brigade. Have you seen recent news reports in Fox-News? They are also going crazy over Trump & Putin Helsinki summit. It seems no Western News outlet wants USA to have good relations with Russia. Leftists or Conservatives both hates Russia.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:40 pm

Sprut-B wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Sprut-B wrote:

It's not only BBC but whole Western MSM propaganda brigade. Have you seen recent news reports in Fox-News? They are also going crazy over Trump & Putin Helsinki summit. It seems no Western News outlet wants USA to have good relations with Russia. Leftists or Conservatives both hates Russia.

Indeed. The NATO tribe is jumping around baying for war. For some reason they think that Russia is a weak pushover and that
    they will not be glassed. This is what happens when you give the NATO MSM the benefit of the doubt.

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:42 pm

kvs wrote:

You are trolling.   It is obvious that the NATO MSM peddles all sorts of tin foil hat conspiracy theories about Russia.   You can tell
    from the lack of motive for most of these fictions (e.g. Litvinenko, Skripal, etc.).    However, when it comes to obvious wrong doing
    by NATO maggots, then we have screeching about "conspiracy theory".    As if the Skripal case is not an obvious case of UK government

I am not trolling this is some more detail information about it:

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-russian-military-spies-backed-attempt-assassinate-leader-montenegro-1007324
    Sprut-B

Post  Sprut-B on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:50 pm

andalusia wrote:
    kvs wrote:

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-russian-military-spies-backed-attempt-assassinate-leader-montenegro-1007324

You are 100% trolling here. The same source that you have posted here are also publishing crazy articles on Russia.

https://www.newsweek.com/russias-pussy-riot-wins-court-case-against-vladimir-putins-government-1028562

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:38 am

Sprut-B wrote:
    andalusia wrote:
    kvs wrote:

You are 100% trolling here. The same source that you have  posted here are also publishing crazy articles on Russia.

https://www.newsweek.com/russias-pussy-riot-wins-court-case-against-vladimir-putins-government-1028562

Sprut-B: The reason why I brought this topic up was because I heard about the assassination attempt on MSNBC. The man that was saying it sound quite convincing. I wanted people's opinion on this because I believe you guys would know more than me. If what you posted about pussy riot is true, than the Western media has reached a new low in portraying Russia in this negative of a light. I knew they hated Russia but I didn't think they hated them this much.
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:19 am

Since this topic is so much about western propaganda, how do you stand towards russian propaganda?

Usually the truth always is in the middle, so i would like to hear your opinion about bullshit spread by RT and such other propaganda chanels

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:57 pm

Aristide wrote:Since this topic is so much about western propaganda, how do you stand towards russian propaganda?

Usually the truth always is in the middle, so i would like to hear your opinion about bullshit spread by RT and such other propaganda chanels

While I concur that the truth is usually in the middle. American propaganda is very sophisticated; you should read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/russia/comments/5hnlnz/fake_news_and_american_vs_russian_propaganda/
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:18 am

Since this topic is so much about western propaganda, how do you stand towards russian propaganda?

This thread is about western propaganda, if you want to talk about russian propaganda then another thread on such a topic would be more appropriate.

Sadly I think the Russians are very poor at propaganda... we constantly see the west talking about Russia annexing the Crimea... but no mention of western annexations.. Golan Heights, Falkland Islands, Northern Cyprus, Guam, the Marshall Islands, etc etc etc.

The reality is that through the centuries Crimea has changed hands multiple times... all at the point of a sword, or the muzzle of a gun... this was actually the first time its status was actually decided by the ballot box... you would think the west would be celebrating such a development... but as we saw all the protests when Trump won the election in the US... democracy is only good when your side wins... otherwise it was those sneaky nigger Russians.

BTW you can't call anyone a nigger, lets be clear, but as we can see men with Vaginas or women with Penises and things with neither who haven't decided yet cannot be besmerched or offended, but you can say Russians are genetically programmed to do bad things and be bad people and no one says a word... So I suspect we can all call Russians niggers... but no one else can be called niggers.

The reason I say this is because there are a group of people who really suffered and for them nigger is a deeply offensive word, yet the vast majority of people jumping up and down and being offended are white people who have never been called nigger, or suffered from the prejudice that comes with being categorised that way.

It wasn't being called a nigger that was a problem for coloured people... it was being treated worse than an animal that was the actual problem.

Last edited by GarryB on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Nibiru

Post  Nibiru on Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:44 am

U.S. officials suspect Russia in mystery 'attacks' on diplomats in Cuba, China

The strong suspicion that Russia was behind the alleged attacks is backed by signals intelligence, meaning intercepted communications, say U.S. officials.

WASHINGTON — Intelligence agencies investigating mysterious "attacks" that led to brain injuries in U.S. personnel in Cuba and China consider Russia to be the main suspect, three U.S. officials and two others briefed on the investigation tell NBC News.

The suspicion that Russia is likely behind the alleged attacks is backed up by evidence from communications intercepts, known in the spy world as signals intelligence, amassed during a lengthy and ongoing investigation involving the FBI, the CIA and other U.S. agencies. The officials declined to elaborate on the nature of the intelligence.

The evidence is not yet conclusive enough, however, for the U.S. to formally assign blame to Moscow for incidents that started in late 2016 and have continued in 2018, causing a major rupture in U.S.-Cuba relations.

Since last year, the U.S. military has been working to reverse-engineer the weapon or weapons used to harm the diplomats, according to Trump administration officials, congressional aides and others briefed on the investigation, including by testing various devices on animals. As part of that effort, the U.S. has turned to the Air Force and its directed energy research program at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico, where the military has giant lasers and advanced laboratories to test high-power electromagnetic weapons, including microwaves.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latin-america/u-s-officials-suspect-russia-mystery-attacks-diplomats-cuba-china-n908141
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:09 am

Ohhh come on... If the Russians could do that why bother with US diplomats... Hilary would be target number one wouldn't she?
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Not a piece of western propaganda but a counteraegument against that USSR opressed minorities
    https://russia-insider.com/en/russians-are-nicest-colonizers-you-can-hope/ri24692

All republics against Belarus were a liability to the Soviet budget and consumed far more than they contributes. A bit like Eastern European EU members today.
    Baltics were all a money sink

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:01 am

Just discovered this an would like people's thoughts on this article about Soviet invasion plans of Western Europe:

https://historicaltruthproject.com/2010/08/31/46/
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Soviet "invasion" plans largely consisted of sending a large force of ground troops whose advance is largely covered by thousands of tactical nuclear weapon detonations to pave their way to destroy NATO... I use ""s on invasion because there would be no occupation... the levels of radiation would preclude occupation...

I was about destroying the west, not conquering it... pretty obvious really... they had nothing like the logistics needed for the operation... and I dare say current Russian plans are not much different... destroy a threat...

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:55 pm

GarryB wrote:Soviet "invasion" plans largely consisted of sending a large force of ground troops whose advance is largely covered by thousands of tactical nuclear weapon detonations to pave their way to destroy NATO... I use ""s on invasion because there would be no occupation... the levels of radiation would preclude occupation...

I was about destroying the west, not conquering it... pretty obvious really... they had nothing like the logistics needed for the operation... and I dare say current Russian plans are not much different... destroy a threat...

Thank You Garry.  American conservatives love to say that the USSR wanted to conquer Western Europe; they say this even today.  I want to know have you heard of Operation Pitich Black in Australia?  In the article it says that India participated with the US, France and other countries.  It says that India is concerned about Chinese aggression.  I want to know since Russia has sold alot of planes to India and India and Russia have been allies for a long time since the 60s; however,  Russia and China are close allies also; what I want to know is if China and US go to war and India helps out US, would Russia help out China since I believe that Russia is closer to China than India now?

Moreover, is Russia and India still allies since India has been trying to get close to US lately?

https://stevenmcollins.com/did-you-hear-about-operation-pitch-black-in-australia/
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:23 am

I want to know since Russia has sold alot of planes to India and India and Russia have been allies for a long time since the 60s; however, Russia and China are close allies also; what I want to know is if China and US go to war and India helps out US, would Russia help out China since I believe that Russia is closer to China than India now?

First of all this is a US wet dream... they would hope such a conflict would severely damage both China and India, because both are economic rivals to US control.

They would prefer a war between India and China or Russia and China and would try to minimise their own activity in the conflict.

Russia knows that they can stand back and watch, but they will be next... and China has been watching the West attack Russia for all sorts of things and this makes then realise that if Russia falls then they are next too.

Kissenger is on record as saying that the US used the Chinese against the Soviets during the cold war, but knew all along that when China gets too big they will have to use Russia against China... the problem for the US is that Russia is not stupid and neither are China... they realise what the US is up to.

I don't think China would need Russian support against India, but against the US, I am sure the Russians will vote with China, and basically support them any way they can to make the US back down... an all out conflict against China will not be limited to China, so Russia will get involved... for the same reason the US is involved in the North Korea/South Korea issues....

Moreover, is Russia and India still allies since India has been trying to get close to US lately?

Something like 70% of military equipment in India is of Soviet origin, and I doubt that will change overnight... if India wants to change suppliers to the US then there are a few things they need to think about... first of all they need to be good little children or congress will say no, you can't have spares for your new expensive American weapons and they really are not good without support. Second they will be rather expensive, so don't expect to have as many as you had before, but you will still be spending more money for the privilege... and third... once you start buying our stuff, don't think you can ever go back... when we start building bases on your territory then you need to be aware your young women wont be safe any more.... and like the catholic church our soldiers can do no wrong so any suggestion will result in a bribe and the moving of the offending soldier to another base... no questions asked or answered.

Regarding that article... an exercise with 4,000 troops and 140 aircraft in northern australia... did you notice East-2018, with 300,000 Russian soldiers plus soldiers from China and Mongolia... there will also be 1,000 aircraft, 36,000 vehicles, and 80 ships... I think China and Russia will be ready for those 4,000 troops and 140 aircraft...

andalusia

Post  andalusia on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:11 am

GarryB wrote:
    I want to know since Russia has sold alot of planes to India and India and Russia have been allies for a long time since the 60s; however,  Russia and China are close allies also; what I want to know is if China and US go to war and India helps out US, would Russia help out China since I believe that Russia is closer to China than India now?

First of all this is a US wet dream... they would hope such a conflict would severely damage both China and India, because both are economic rivals to US control.

They would prefer a war between India and China or Russia and China and would try to minimise their own activity in the conflict.

Russia knows that they can stand back and watch, but they will be next... and China has been watching the West attack Russia for all sorts of things and this makes then realise that if Russia falls then they are next too.

Kissenger is on record as saying that the US used the Chinese against the Soviets during the cold war, but knew all along that when China gets too big they will have to use Russia against China... the problem for the US is that Russia is not stupid and neither are China... they realise what the US is up to.

I don't think China would need Russian support against India, but against the US, I am sure the Russians will vote with China, and basically support them any way they can to make the US back down... an all out conflict against China will not be limited to China, so Russia will get involved... for the same reason the US is involved in the North Korea/South Korea issues....

Something like 70% of military equipment in India is of Soviet origin, and I doubt that will change overnight... if India wants to change suppliers to the US then there are a few things they need to think about... first of all they need to be good little children or congress will say no, you can't have spares for your new expensive American weapons and they really are not good without support. Second they will be rather expensive, so don't expect to have as many as you had before, but you will still be spending more money for the privilege... and third... once you start buying our stuff, don't think you can ever go back... when we start building bases on your territory then you need to be aware your young women wont be safe any more.... and like the catholic church our soldiers can do no wrong so any suggestion will result in a bribe and the moving of the offending soldier to another base... no questions asked or answered.

Regarding that article... an exercise with 4,000 troops and 140 aircraft in northern australia... did you notice East-2018, with 300,000 Russian soldiers plus soldiers from China and Mongolia... there will also be 1,000 aircraft, 36,000 vehicles, and 80 ships... I think China and Russia will be ready for those 4,000 troops and 140 aircraft...

Thank You Garry.  The Americans are such evil snakes.  If a conflict were to occur I would hope that Russia is able to humble the US military and nation of its out of control arrogance and inflict serious hurt on them; I say this despite myself being American.

Another thing I hate is when many Americans equate healthcare with Communism and Socialism; do people in other parts of the world find that strange and extreme? It is really bizarre propaganda.

I was thinking over the past few weeks and I have come to the conclusion that America is really a right wing reactionary country; do you and others in foreign lands see the USA in that light?

https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2018/02/15/us-foreign-policy-has-always-been-far-more-rightwing-than-us-domestic-policy/
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:45 am

Liberastholes at their finest  lol1

Meduza news chief editor steps down amid sexual harassment accusations

Ivan Kolpakov, Editor-in-Chief of the Meduza Russian-language news website, has announced that he is leaving his post following accusations against him coming from a co-worker’s wife

MOSCOW, November 9. /TASS/. Ivan Kolpakov, Editor-in-Chief of the Meduza Russian-language news website, has announced that he is leaving his post following accusations against him coming from a co-worker’s wife.

"Meduza’s Editor-in-Chief Ivan Kolpakov has announced his resignation," the report said.

According to the news website, the reason behind his move was Kolpakov’s inappropriate behavior towards one of the guests at a staff party. He was dismissed for the period of the probe into the incident. On November 6, Meduza reported that a decision had been made to let Kolpakov stay in office.

"This is the only way to stop the crisis around the editorial board and minimize the reputational damage," Kolpakov was quoted as saying.

Former Managing Editor Tatiana Yershova has been named acting chief editor, Meduza reported. "I appointed Tatyana Yershova as Meduza’s Acting Editor-in-Chief. I will offer her candidacy to the Board of Directors, and I think that the board will endorse her appointment," Kolpakov later wrote on Facebook.

Kolpakov said that he categorically denied the sexual harassment accusations. "However, I found myself in a situation where it is impossible and pointless to defend myself," he added.

More:
    http://tass.com/society/1030146

nomadski

Post  nomadski on Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:30 am

The western  cultural  ( negative aspects ) influence is very strong . Through media ,  entertainment or sport or fashion and films . Many developing countries are unconscious victims . They copy this . There is then a heavy and biased tilt towards the west . For example in Iran , a supposedly revolutionary country . Many things are copied . Including some laws or social practices . You could say that a portion of Iranian intelligentsia  are  very brain washed .

And there is less influence from the East . From Russia or China . For example the Iranian government declared neutrality  when the racist extremist took power in Ukraine . Saying ;  this has nothing to do with us ! Or on election of a new Brazilian president . A right wing fascist , they send congradulations  ! There is a lack of historical experience when it comes to recognising and seeing the importance of certain things . Instead the Iranians are busy watching European football ! Full of racist European football supporters . Who would put their eyes in a sling , if they met them on the street .

Russia , through  cultural contact and sport and politics can shine a light on this blind spot of the Iranian nation and Iranians can also shine a light on the blind spot of the Russians . Through their culture  and religion . A fight against corrupt western practices in society . A popular hollywood influence of nudity and materialism ......
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Not a piece of western propaganda but a counteraegument against that USSR opressed minorities
    https://russia-insider.com/en/russians-are-nicest-colonizers-you-can-hope/ri24692

All republics against Belarus were a liability to the Soviet budget and consumed far more than they contributes. A bit like Eastern European EU members today.

I think you meant all the republics except for Belarus, Russia, and Estonia, were the money sinks.

What is amazing is that Belarus suffered horrendous human and material losses during the Second World War.

On a per capita basis they were even worse than Poland's and, by the same token, they were the worst in the world.

Exclamation
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Not a piece of western propaganda but a counteraegument against that USSR opressed minorities

I think you meant all the republics except for Belarus, Russia, and Estonia, were the money sinks.

What is amazing is that Belarus suffered horrendous human and material losses during the Second World War.

On a per capita basis they were even worse than Poland's and, by the same token, they were the worst in the world.

Exclamation

Estonia? Clearly not as shown on the graph.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:13 pm