Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Western propaganda

andalusia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Re: Western propaganda

Post  andalusia on Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:48 pm

I would like to know what do people think about Trump and US putting Iran on notice about their latest missile test? Also I would like a detailed explanation of the situation in Yemen that says Iran is arming the rebels there. Why is the US and Saudi Arabia involved?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-adopts-aggressive-posture-toward-iran-missile-launch-001638643.html
    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:34 pm

andalusia wrote:I would like to know what do people think about Trump and US putting Iran on notice about their latest missile test? Also I would like a detailed explanation of the situation in Yemen that says Iran is arming the rebels there. Why is the US and Saudi Arabia involved?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-adopts-aggressive-posture-toward-iran-missile-launch-001638643.html

Iran and Saudia Arabia are in a cold war and fund opposing Islamic factions. The Saudis are radicalizing Sunnis with Wahabbism, while Iran
    has been mostly trying to prevent the extermination of Shi'ites by the Wahabbis. If you follow strife in Pakistan there was and still continues
    a long string of terror bombings of Shi'ites by Wahabbis.

Israel and Saudi Arabia are de facto allies even if the rhetoric does not match. They are both protectorates and client states of the USA.
    The USA has been brazenly supporting Wahabbi terrorists in Syria. Syria is a long standing ally of Iran. The Israelis are actually helping
    ISIS/Daesh fighters who cross into its territory for medical and other aid. Israel can't pretend it is doing this out of humanitarian concern.
    It is in a rabid fight with Shi'ites in Lebanon and its prime target is Iran. Hebrews may as well be Sunnis how they ally themselves with them.

The above picture is a bit simplistic since not all Sunnis are Shia hating Wahabbis and you can see this in Syria where much of the SAA is
    composed of Sunnis even if it is Sunni regions that have been taken over by the jihadis.

America is not going to be Russia's friend. America's elites are deluded with exceptionalism and manifest destiny. Politicians come and go
    but this scummy essence remains. Trump will try to put a wedge between Russia and China. America's rulers are deathly afraid of a
    Eurasian alliance: Russia, China, Iran and other states. This will create the most potent economic zone on the planet and hence the most
    powerful bloc. The Sun is setting over the west and is rising over Eurasia.
    nomadski
    Private
    Private

Post  nomadski on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:17 pm

@Andalusia

First point about Iran nuclear deal . Iran has not broken the deal as per UN resolution . The missile tests are all conventional warhead and not nuclear . And as such there are allowed . No mention of range was made in UN resolution either . So Iran can have as many varied range ballistic missiles with conventional warheads . However the yanks are in breach of UN resolution . Since all unilateral and multilateral sanctions had to be removed . However banking sanctions remain . And Iran can not sell it's oil . And it is unable to buy passenger planes from Boing . And Airbus has problems too . Since some components are from Boing . This action by yank is a practical breaking of nuclear deal . If not an official tearing up of deal . The result will be the same . Iran will respond in kind . But this may not be known to all .

Did Russia vote in favour of UN resolution in Iraq and Afghanistan and Libya and yemen ? Allowing military action by yanks ? If they had voted against . Then this was better . This would make such actions illegal . Just because a government forms the majority , this does not make them legitimate . Just because opposition is minority , this does not make them illegitimate . This depends on many different factors . Such as their politics and whether they are willing to compromise . Are they peaceful and ready for ceasefire . And if they will coexist with others .......

In this sense the Houthis are not comparable to isis in Syria . And Hadi is not comparable to Assad . The Russians and Chinese have to understand this . And make distinctions . Sanctions must be imposed on those who transgress the boundaries and reject peace . A new UN resolution is needed for Yemen . The yanks and Brits should not be allowed to drag their heels with the text . People in Yemen are dying under the weight of the inhuman and unjust previous UN resolution .
    Godric
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  Godric on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:28 pm

nomadski wrote:
    @Andalusia

First point about Iran nuclear deal . Iran has not broken the deal as per UN resolution . The missile tests are all conventional warhead and not nuclear . And as such there are allowed . No mention of range was made in UN resolution either . So Iran can have as many varied range ballistic missiles with conventional warheads . However the yanks are in breach of UN resolution . Since all unilateral and multilateral sanctions had to be removed . However banking sanctions remain . And Iran can not sell it's oil . And it is unable to buy passenger planes from Boing . And Airbus has problems too . Since some components are from Boing . This action by yank is a practical breaking of nuclear deal . If not an official tearing up of deal . The result will be the same . Iran will respond in kind . But this may not be known to all .

Did Russia vote in favour of UN resolution in Iraq and Afghanistan and Libya and yemen ? Allowing military action by yanks ? If they had voted against . Then this was better . This would make such actions illegal . Just because a government forms the majority , this does not make them legitimate . Just because opposition is minority , this does not make them illegitimate . This depends on many different factors . Such as their politics and whether they are willing to compromise . Are they peaceful and ready for ceasefire . And if they will coexist with others .......

In this sense the Houthis are not comparable to isis in  Syria . And Hadi is not comparable to Assad  . The Russians and Chinese have to understand this . And make distinctions . Sanctions must be imposed on those who transgress the boundaries and reject peace . A new UN resolution is needed for Yemen . The yanks and Brits should not be allowed to drag their heels with the text . People in Yemen are dying under the weight of the inhuman and unjust previous UN resolution .

i said as much on the MESS that it was America who broke the deal by not removing the agreed sanctions and that it was hypocrisy to believe that America can ignore an agreement while the American believes it's opponents should still adhere to the agreement ... my comments were not well received by Americans and and their Israelis pals
    nomadski
    Private
    Private

Post  nomadski on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:50 pm

@Godric

Yes well said . I knew also that they will not stick to deal . But Iran had to try . I think Iran will adhere to the UN resolution . Andwill hope that US sanctions will remain unilateral sanctions . And that they can overcome banking sanctions with the help of some European or Russian or Chinese banks . Together with trade with them . In the end the yanks would have cut off their noses to spite their faces . In the end they may have to resort to direct military intervention . And then it is best that Iran confronts them with own military . So Russia and China should not be concerned with the scale of our defences . It is better for them to stay out of it . Giving indirect help .
    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  Project Canada on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:03 am

Russia out of Korea!  Laughing

Godric
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  Godric on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:55 am

Project Canada wrote:Russia out of Korea!  Laughing

omg my head is pounding after watching that cry cry

as my old man would say "she is as thick as two planks of wood nailed together"
    AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:46 pm

What came next was actually even funnier.

Bhahahaha.......you've gotta be kidding me. Laughing

UPDATE: I'm adding this one too: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hank-johnson-worries-guam-could-capsize-after-marine-buildup/
    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Don't know should it go in here or Humor tread?

I have found something worse than Daily Mail and Guardian...much worse. First time I hear about these clowns called ''The Sun'' but holy shit this is something.... affraid lol1

RAF heroes ward off two Russian bombers flying near UK airspace just one DAY after Vladimir Putin told pilots to ‘prepare for war’

Russian premier has ordered his armed forces to prepare for a 'time of war' after tensions with the West

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2821827/raf-typhoons-scrambled-intercept-russian-bombers/

Premier? WTF? Check the calendar Mr. Clancy!

Thankfully comment section does not buy it, good job UK!  thumbsup
    Godric
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post  Godric on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:19 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Don't know should it go in here or Humor tread?

I have found something worse than Daily Mail and Guardian...much worse. First time I hear about these clowns called ''The Sun'' but holy shit this is something.... affraid lol1

RAF heroes ward off two Russian bombers flying near UK airspace just one DAY after Vladimir Putin told pilots to ‘prepare for war’

Russian premier has ordered his armed forces to prepare for a 'time of war' after tensions with the West

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2821827/raf-typhoons-scrambled-intercept-russian-bombers/

Premier? WTF? Check the calendar Mr. Clancy!

Thankfully comment section does not buy it, good job UK!  thumbsup

UK is fake news central .... now you know what Scottish Independence movement is up against it is in full swing because recent polls are not going to well ... then their is all this nonsense about Assad is killing 10s of thousands of Syrians via torture etc with the only evidence is hearsay from so called faceless witnesses and 3D graphics ... yes 3D graphics
    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:26 am

The Problem with Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index
    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:21 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:The Problem with Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index

The funding is one problem.   Then there is the index itself, which by construction is an utter joke.   Perceptions mean nothing.
    Thanks to anti-Russian propaganda, most in the west perceive Russia to be more corrupt than India or Mexico.   No objective
    index would even come close to such a ranking.   Mexico is a barely law governed state and a big chunk of it is run by various
    narco mafias.  Even during the 1990s Russia did not have this level of disorder but was going in that direction.   Just like in
    Ukraine and 1990s Russia, Mexico has a clique of gangster oligarchs that call basically all the shots.   For Russia this was a
    devolution to a banana republic and not progress.  

Corruption in India is epic such as the case of $14 billion US dollars worth of food aid being stolen by local governments and sold.  
    The local level in India is very corrupt.   When I was there a few years ago I saw construction projects that were stalled to the
    point of being defunct.   In the case of a road works project the concrete supports for the highway to be were falling apart from
    age.  The corruption perceptions index is not measuring Russia during the 1990s.  It is claiming to measure it today.   I dare anyone
    in NATO to produce a single public works project in Russia that is a state like the one that I saw in India.   The Sochi Olympics
    infrastructure, the Vostochny Cosmodrome, were huge and came within better measures of cost and time than comparable projects
    in the precious west.   Roads and bridges are actually built in Russia and not turned into conduits to rip off the taxpayer.    Yeah,
    I know about the St. Petersburg stadium.   Guess what, it is basically finished and looks good.   It is not like there are only some
    concrete columns sticking out of the ground while trees grow around them.

In the above I am not attacking Mexicans and Indians.  I am attacking their corrupt systems which keep them from developing
    faster and keep a lot of the population poor.   Maybe they can take a lesson from Russia and get a leader who will kick ass and take
    names and act like a "tyrant" instead of being an oligarch whore.   TI can go and shove itself in its own collective anus.  And its
    sponsors can join it.
    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:38 am

kvs wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:The Problem with Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index

The funding is one problem.   Then there is the index itself, which by construction is an utter joke.   Perceptions mean nothing.
    Thanks to anti-Russian propaganda, most in the west perceive Russia to be more corrupt than India or Mexico.   No objective
    index would even come close to such a ranking.   Mexico is a barely law governed state and a big chunk of it is run by various
    narco mafias.  Even during the 1990s Russia did not have this level of disorder but was going in that direction.   Just like in
    Ukraine and 1990s Russia, Mexico has a clique of gangster oligarchs that call basically all the shots.   For Russia this was a
    devolution to a banana republic and not progress.  

Corruption in India is epic such as the case of $14 billion US dollars worth of food aid being stolen by local governments and sold.  
    The local level in India is very corrupt.   When I was there a few years ago I saw construction projects that were stalled to the
    point of being defunct.   In the case of a road works project the concrete supports for the highway to be were falling apart from
    age.  The corruption perceptions index is not measuring Russia during the 1990s.  It is claiming to measure it today.   I dare anyone
    in NATO to produce a single public works project in Russia that is a state like the one that I saw in India.   The Sochi Olympics
    infrastructure, the Vostochny Cosmodrome, were huge and came within better measures of cost and time than comparable projects
    in the precious west.   Roads and bridges are actually built in Russia and not turned into conduits to rip off the taxpayer.    Yeah,
    I know about the St. Petersburg stadium.   Guess what, it is basically finished and looks good.   It is not like there are only some
    concrete columns sticking out of the ground while trees grow around them.

In the above I am not attacking Mexicans and Indians.  I am attacking their corrupt systems which keep them from developing
    faster and keep a lot of the population poor.   Maybe they can take a lesson from Russia and get a leader who will kick ass and take
    names and act like a "tyrant" instead of being an oligarch whore.   TI can go and shove itself in its own collective anus.  And its
    sponsors can join it.

Don't forget that corruption in the EU matches it's annual budget, $146 billion, and that even pales in comparison to corruption in the US based Pentagon, which mismanaged over $8 trillion in the first decade of the 2000's, and by the mid-2010's the Pentagon mismanaged over $6 trillion, on track to surpass the previous amount while there's no funding for public infrastructure, with the American Society for Civil Engineers (ASCE) giving the overall rating of "D+" for U.S. infrastructure. Another U.S. example there's also the infamous banking bailouts of 2008 which saw nearly $800 billion stolen from public coffers to prop up bankrupt banks, where their executives got record payouts.
    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Listen Liberals: Russia Is Not Our Enemy
    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Frustrating the war lobby

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:46 pm

Russia’s RT Network: Is It More BBC or K.G.B.?  scratch

Euro-federalists financed by US spy chiefs

The Left’s great Russian conspiracy theory

Has anyone who talks about Russian "interference" in the presidential campaign actually read the report issued by the Intelligence Community? It states in the first page that it is making no judgement of the impact of the Russian actions on the U.S. campaign. It also states that there is no evidence of attacks on vote tallying machines. And, even if the Russians gave the DNC and Podesta emails to Wikileaks (not proven, to say the least), none were forgeries. In other words, they revealed the truth. In my opinion, knowing the truth is helpful to democracy not harmful. Even so, I cannot imagine that anyone would have voted for Trump because of the items in Wikileaks. The irregular announcement by the FBI director, however, could well have tipped the balance. Maybe what Congress should be investigating is why the FBI director tried to harm the Clinton campaign.

The Exhaustion of American Liberalism
    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Good link about the FBI report. I couldn't be bothered to find it and read it, but it is useful to know the summary.
    If the machines were not tampered with, then there was no hacking of the election. Full stop.

Leaks are not hacking. Neither is RT "propaganda". I hate this abuse of language. Will we have the word
    shit applied in place of cake soon?
    max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
    AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Ok, this is more of a low hanging fruit, but the ego, just wow. Shocked

Vanity Fair suggests Russians are 'hopeless primitives' from a medieval country

Vanity Fair apparently believes Russians are 'hopeless primitives' who rejected the attempts of smart people to ‘civilize’ them. Specifically folk like Bill Clinton, Boris Yeltsin, and Jeffrey Sachs.

Ignorance is bliss. Don’t take my word for it. Just observe really stupid people. Or read Vanity Fair’s Russia coverage. Which is much the same thing. So far this year the magazine has plumbed new depths of foolish, doltish and half-baked analysis.
    It started in January when it offered us “The Secret Source of Putin’s Evil,” which was supposedly Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novel The Brothers Karamazov. The drivel continued with fixations on the “Trump-Russia nightmare” and the “Trump-Russia mess". The focus then switched to “Why Russia Loves Trump” before the same writer came back a few weeks later with “Why Even Russia Is Turning on Trump" when the wind obviously hit his posterior from a different direction.

Now, he’s back, and he’s going all feudal on Russian rumps. Because Peter Savodnik wants you to know how democracy could have flowered from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok if only locals had heeded Clinton, Yeltsin, and Sachs. Who we are told had “noble intentions.” However, the problem was “it was probably too much to ask a basically medieval country to become modern in a decade.” So “instead, Russia reverted to its primal self, to Vladimir Putin.” ........

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/385192-medieval-russia-media-vanity-fair/
    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  kvs on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:55 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:Ok, this is more of a low hanging fruit, but the ego, just wow. Shocked

Vanity Fair suggests Russians are 'hopeless primitives' from a medieval country

Vanity Fair apparently believes Russians are 'hopeless primitives' who rejected the attempts of smart people to ‘civilize’ them. Specifically folk like Bill Clinton, Boris Yeltsin, and Jeffrey Sachs.

Ignorance is bliss. Don’t take my word for it. Just observe really stupid people. Or read Vanity Fair’s Russia coverage. Which is much the same thing. So far this year the magazine has plumbed new depths of foolish, doltish and half-baked analysis.
    It started in January when it offered us “The Secret Source of Putin’s Evil,” which was supposedly Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novel The Brothers Karamazov. The drivel continued with fixations on the “Trump-Russia nightmare” and the “Trump-Russia mess". The focus then switched to “Why Russia Loves Trump” before the same writer came back a few weeks later with “Why Even Russia Is Turning on Trump" when the wind obviously hit his posterior from a different direction.

Now, he’s back, and he’s going all feudal on Russian rumps. Because Peter Savodnik wants you to know how democracy could have flowered from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok if only locals had heeded Clinton, Yeltsin, and Sachs. Who we are told had “noble intentions.” However, the problem was “it was probably too much to ask a basically medieval country to become modern in a decade.” So “instead, Russia reverted to its primal self, to Vladimir Putin.” ........

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/385192-medieval-russia-media-vanity-fair/

Such shite just proves the real level of the west. A collection of retarded chimps hurling excrement. At least Russians have developed human intellects
    even if their culture is "primitive". Clearly human intelligence is non-existent in the west.

I recall Sachs trotting out Bolivia as a gem of the success of his shock therapy witchdoctor economics back during the early 1990s.
    Well, look what he "achieved", Russia became poor like Bolivia! The mind boggles.

Economists are not scientists. They are a bizarre academic cult running on variants of voodoo thermodynamics that their
    predecessors formulated during the 1800s when the real thermodynamics was established. In the case of the economics
    variables there is no physical meaning. This allows famous economists to claim for example that we'll make more copper if we ever run
    out of it. Certifiable idiocy.

Sachs and the rest of the Harvard Boys assumed that transition processes in Russia and other post-command economies would
    occur super fast, in basically under a year. It has been 26 years since the dissolution of the USSR and Russia is still experiencing
    transition transients in pricing and economic interaction between companies and other elements. I am assuming that they actually
    assumed, it is quite likely that they were shysters out to destroy Russia and all their shock therapy "theories" were a scam.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 pm