Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Western propaganda

GarryB

Re: Western propaganda

Post  GarryB on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:05 am

Except I think a right to defend yourself goes beyond just stopping the tyranny of government.

The police are not always there in time to save you.

I mean if someone robs your house and you admit you left your doors unlocked your insurance might not pay out for the theft... so where do you draw the line in actively taking steps to keep yourself and your property safe from those who don't obey the law?

A home invasion could involve a group of men breaking into your house and killing your entire family and also stealing your property... the question of whether the police get there in time to do anything would not be something I would be interested in.

I would have good locks on the doors and windows, a plan with all the family members as to what to do, and some sort of alarm system.... and I would also have a gun and practise using it.

I am not saying I am going to chase those criminals and catch them like some TV character that solves murder mysteries, but I am going to make them think the next house on the street is an easier target... or better the next neigbour hood down the road.

I have heard there are places in the US where the police wont go at night... WTF do those people do when they find themselves in trouble?

Equally it seems if you are black in the US it seems to be likely you are the one going to get shot by a policeman whether you have a gun or not, so how can you claim they should let the police deal with it when they are clearly not doing their job.

BTW all my firearms are locked away and I have no guns for self defence... I did use to play hockey so anyone who breaks into my house had better be a faster runner than me or know how to duck really fast... and to be honest if I do swing it wont be to give them a sore arm or leg... I will be swinging for the head and as hard as I can manage which means very likely a serious brain injury or even death... but that is not my problem... it is the perpetrators problem.

I don't break into other peoples houses and steal stuff, so I have no problem with people taking action to defend themselves and their property.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    nomadski

Post  nomadski on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:16 pm

@GarryB

It can be done . There are already communities in USA , that are called gated communities . Granted they comprise of well off middle class Americans . Nevertheless they employ private security that carry guns . In such environment there is no need for households to have guns at home . This may point the way for the future . Other neighbourhood can employ security guards . Move shops outside . Government can help in this . Inside residential area then , no guns . Or if so , kept on shooting range . To be taken out only in conditions that I mentioned . That will be very rare . Nowadays .
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:25 pm

Hahahaha.... and the first time their kids go to some ones house outside that gated community they shoot their friend because they find their friends dads gun under his bed fully loaded and they play with it like a toy because they have never been allowed to touch a gun before... the thing they see on TV and movies every day of their lives and are not allowed to touch.

The real problem is not solved by fencing people in.... many people would hate being in a fenced in community... only fear creates such things...once you are in there the people on the board that run that place can tell you what colour you can paint your house and how often you have to mow your lawn... fuck that.

It is way too high a price for alledged safety... they will hire people on the cheap and who can they get for the job?

Old retired cops or young inexperienced people who failed the exams to be a cop.

Rentacops are not respected in the US amongst the law enforcement community, nor by Hollywood.

besides how many rent a cops do you think they can afford per head of population in each community?

And that is great for the 1% and the middle class but what about the majority of americans?

Another problem is lack of accurate numbers.... people throw around figures for people killed by fire arms in the US but often they are distorted.

A gang member shoots another gang member and that is recorded as a friend shooting a friend and becomes an "accidental" shooting.

I would not trust the numbers coming from the anti gun establishment as far as I could kick them.

People need to be properly educated on fire arms and respect them and act responsibly.

There should be penalties so harsh for the misuse of fire arms that criminals decide it is just not worth using them.

Using a fire arm in the commission of a crime should result in the criminal treated like they want to murder someone, of course this will result in people defending themselves being arrested for murder because the justice system is fucked up.

Get a good lawyer and you can do anything you want and get away with it.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:27 am