Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Western propaganda

nomadski

Re: Western propaganda

Post  nomadski on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:50 pm

@Godric

Yes well said . I knew also that they will not stick to deal . But Iran had to try . I think Iran will adhere to the UN resolution . Andwill hope that US sanctions will remain unilateral sanctions . And that they can overcome banking sanctions with the help of some European or Russian or Chinese banks . Together with trade with them . In the end the yanks would have cut off their noses to spite their faces . In the end they may have to resort to direct military intervention . And then it is best that Iran confronts them with own military . So Russia and China should not be concerned with the scale of our defences . It is better for them to stay out of it . Giving indirect help .
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:03 am

Russia out of Korea!  Laughing

Godric

Post  Godric on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:55 am

Project Canada wrote:Russia out of Korea!  Laughing

omg my head is pounding after watching that cry cry

as my old man would say "she is as thick as two planks of wood nailed together"
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:46 pm

What came next was actually even funnier.

Bhahahaha.......you've gotta be kidding me. Laughing

UPDATE: I'm adding this one too: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hank-johnson-worries-guam-could-capsize-after-marine-buildup/
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Don't know should it go in here or Humor tread?

I have found something worse than Daily Mail and Guardian...much worse. First time I hear about these clowns called ''The Sun'' but holy shit this is something.... affraid lol1

RAF heroes ward off two Russian bombers flying near UK airspace just one DAY after Vladimir Putin told pilots to ‘prepare for war’

Russian premier has ordered his armed forces to prepare for a 'time of war' after tensions with the West

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2821827/raf-typhoons-scrambled-intercept-russian-bombers/

Premier? WTF? Check the calendar Mr. Clancy!

Thankfully comment section does not buy it, good job UK!  thumbsup
    Godric

Post  Godric on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:19 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Don't know should it go in here or Humor tread?

I have found something worse than Daily Mail and Guardian...much worse. First time I hear about these clowns called ''The Sun'' but holy shit this is something.... affraid lol1

RAF heroes ward off two Russian bombers flying near UK airspace just one DAY after Vladimir Putin told pilots to ‘prepare for war’

Russian premier has ordered his armed forces to prepare for a 'time of war' after tensions with the West

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2821827/raf-typhoons-scrambled-intercept-russian-bombers/

Premier? WTF? Check the calendar Mr. Clancy!

Thankfully comment section does not buy it, good job UK!  thumbsup

UK is fake news central .... now you know what Scottish Independence movement is up against it is in full swing because recent polls are not going to well ... then their is all this nonsense about Assad is killing 10s of thousands of Syrians via torture etc with the only evidence is hearsay from so called faceless witnesses and 3D graphics ... yes 3D graphics
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:26 am

The Problem with Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index
    kvs

Post  kvs on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:21 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:The Problem with Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index

The funding is one problem.   Then there is the index itself, which by construction is an utter joke.   Perceptions mean nothing.
    Thanks to anti-Russian propaganda, most in the west perceive Russia to be more corrupt than India or Mexico.   No objective
    index would even come close to such a ranking.   Mexico is a barely law governed state and a big chunk of it is run by various
    narco mafias.  Even during the 1990s Russia did not have this level of disorder but was going in that direction.   Just like in
    Ukraine and 1990s Russia, Mexico has a clique of gangster oligarchs that call basically all the shots.   For Russia this was a
    devolution to a banana republic and not progress.  

Corruption in India is epic such as the case of $14 billion US dollars worth of food aid being stolen by local governments and sold.  
    The local level in India is very corrupt.   When I was there a few years ago I saw construction projects that were stalled to the
    point of being defunct.   In the case of a road works project the concrete supports for the highway to be were falling apart from
    age.  The corruption perceptions index is not measuring Russia during the 1990s.  It is claiming to measure it today.   I dare anyone
    in NATO to produce a single public works project in Russia that is a state like the one that I saw in India.   The Sochi Olympics
    infrastructure, the Vostochny Cosmodrome, were huge and came within better measures of cost and time than comparable projects
    in the precious west.   Roads and bridges are actually built in Russia and not turned into conduits to rip off the taxpayer.    Yeah,
    I know about the St. Petersburg stadium.   Guess what, it is basically finished and looks good.   It is not like there are only some
    concrete columns sticking out of the ground while trees grow around them.

In the above I am not attacking Mexicans and Indians.  I am attacking their corrupt systems which keep them from developing
    faster and keep a lot of the population poor.   Maybe they can take a lesson from Russia and get a leader who will kick ass and take
    names and act like a "tyrant" instead of being an oligarch whore.   TI can go and shove itself in its own collective anus.  And its
    sponsors can join it.
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:38 am

kvs wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:The Problem with Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index

The funding is one problem.   Then there is the index itself, which by construction is an utter joke.   Perceptions mean nothing.
    Thanks to anti-Russian propaganda, most in the west perceive Russia to be more corrupt than India or Mexico.   No objective
    index would even come close to such a ranking.   Mexico is a barely law governed state and a big chunk of it is run by various
    narco mafias.  Even during the 1990s Russia did not have this level of disorder but was going in that direction.   Just like in
    Ukraine and 1990s Russia, Mexico has a clique of gangster oligarchs that call basically all the shots.   For Russia this was a
    devolution to a banana republic and not progress.  

Corruption in India is epic such as the case of $14 billion US dollars worth of food aid being stolen by local governments and sold.  
    The local level in India is very corrupt.   When I was there a few years ago I saw construction projects that were stalled to the
    point of being defunct.   In the case of a road works project the concrete supports for the highway to be were falling apart from
    age.  The corruption perceptions index is not measuring Russia during the 1990s.  It is claiming to measure it today.   I dare anyone
    in NATO to produce a single public works project in Russia that is a state like the one that I saw in India.   The Sochi Olympics
    infrastructure, the Vostochny Cosmodrome, were huge and came within better measures of cost and time than comparable projects
    in the precious west.   Roads and bridges are actually built in Russia and not turned into conduits to rip off the taxpayer.    Yeah,
    I know about the St. Petersburg stadium.   Guess what, it is basically finished and looks good.   It is not like there are only some
    concrete columns sticking out of the ground while trees grow around them.

In the above I am not attacking Mexicans and Indians.  I am attacking their corrupt systems which keep them from developing
    faster and keep a lot of the population poor.   Maybe they can take a lesson from Russia and get a leader who will kick ass and take
    names and act like a "tyrant" instead of being an oligarch whore.   TI can go and shove itself in its own collective anus.  And its
    sponsors can join it.

Don't forget that corruption in the EU matches it's annual budget, $146 billion, and that even pales in comparison to corruption in the US based Pentagon, which mismanaged over $8 trillion in the first decade of the 2000's, and by the mid-2010's the Pentagon mismanaged over $6 trillion, on track to surpass the previous amount while there's no funding for public infrastructure, with the American Society for Civil Engineers (ASCE) giving the overall rating of "D+" for U.S. infrastructure. Another U.S. example there's also the infamous banking bailouts of 2008 which saw nearly $800 billion stolen from public coffers to prop up bankrupt banks, where their executives got record payouts.
    max steel

Post  max steel on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Listen Liberals: Russia Is Not Our Enemy
    max steel

Post  max steel on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Frustrating the war lobby

max steel

Post  max steel on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:46 pm

Russia’s RT Network: Is It More BBC or K.G.B.?  scratch

Euro-federalists financed by US spy chiefs

The Left’s great Russian conspiracy theory

Has anyone who talks about Russian "interference" in the presidential campaign actually read the report issued by the Intelligence Community? It states in the first page that it is making no judgement of the impact of the Russian actions on the U.S. campaign. It also states that there is no evidence of attacks on vote tallying machines. And, even if the Russians gave the DNC and Podesta emails to Wikileaks (not proven, to say the least), none were forgeries. In other words, they revealed the truth. In my opinion, knowing the truth is helpful to democracy not harmful. Even so, I cannot imagine that anyone would have voted for Trump because of the items in Wikileaks. The irregular announcement by the FBI director, however, could well have tipped the balance. Maybe what Congress should be investigating is why the FBI director tried to harm the Clinton campaign.

The Exhaustion of American Liberalism
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Good link about the FBI report. I couldn't be bothered to find it and read it, but it is useful to know the summary.
    If the machines were not tampered with, then there was no hacking of the election. Full stop.

Leaks are not hacking. Neither is RT "propaganda". I hate this abuse of language. Will we have the word
    shit applied in place of cake soon?
    max steel

Post  max steel on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Ok, this is more of a low hanging fruit, but the ego, just wow. Shocked

Vanity Fair suggests Russians are 'hopeless primitives' from a medieval country

Vanity Fair apparently believes Russians are 'hopeless primitives' who rejected the attempts of smart people to ‘civilize’ them. Specifically folk like Bill Clinton, Boris Yeltsin, and Jeffrey Sachs.

Ignorance is bliss. Don’t take my word for it. Just observe really stupid people. Or read Vanity Fair’s Russia coverage. Which is much the same thing. So far this year the magazine has plumbed new depths of foolish, doltish and half-baked analysis.
    It started in January when it offered us “The Secret Source of Putin’s Evil,” which was supposedly Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novel The Brothers Karamazov. The drivel continued with fixations on the “Trump-Russia nightmare” and the “Trump-Russia mess". The focus then switched to “Why Russia Loves Trump” before the same writer came back a few weeks later with “Why Even Russia Is Turning on Trump" when the wind obviously hit his posterior from a different direction.

Now, he’s back, and he’s going all feudal on Russian rumps. Because Peter Savodnik wants you to know how democracy could have flowered from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok if only locals had heeded Clinton, Yeltsin, and Sachs. Who we are told had “noble intentions.” However, the problem was “it was probably too much to ask a basically medieval country to become modern in a decade.” So “instead, Russia reverted to its primal self, to Vladimir Putin.” ........

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/385192-medieval-russia-media-vanity-fair/
    kvs

Post  kvs on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:55 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:Ok, this is more of a low hanging fruit, but the ego, just wow. Shocked

Vanity Fair suggests Russians are 'hopeless primitives' from a medieval country

Vanity Fair apparently believes Russians are 'hopeless primitives' who rejected the attempts of smart people to ‘civilize’ them. Specifically folk like Bill Clinton, Boris Yeltsin, and Jeffrey Sachs.

Ignorance is bliss. Don’t take my word for it. Just observe really stupid people. Or read Vanity Fair’s Russia coverage. Which is much the same thing. So far this year the magazine has plumbed new depths of foolish, doltish and half-baked analysis.
    It started in January when it offered us “The Secret Source of Putin’s Evil,” which was supposedly Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novel The Brothers Karamazov. The drivel continued with fixations on the “Trump-Russia nightmare” and the “Trump-Russia mess". The focus then switched to “Why Russia Loves Trump” before the same writer came back a few weeks later with “Why Even Russia Is Turning on Trump" when the wind obviously hit his posterior from a different direction.

Now, he’s back, and he’s going all feudal on Russian rumps. Because Peter Savodnik wants you to know how democracy could have flowered from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok if only locals had heeded Clinton, Yeltsin, and Sachs. Who we are told had “noble intentions.” However, the problem was “it was probably too much to ask a basically medieval country to become modern in a decade.” So “instead, Russia reverted to its primal self, to Vladimir Putin.” ........

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/385192-medieval-russia-media-vanity-fair/

Such shite just proves the real level of the west. A collection of retarded chimps hurling excrement. At least Russians have developed human intellects
    even if their culture is "primitive". Clearly human intelligence is non-existent in the west.

I recall Sachs trotting out Bolivia as a gem of the success of his shock therapy witchdoctor economics back during the early 1990s.
    Well, look what he "achieved", Russia became poor like Bolivia! The mind boggles.

Economists are not scientists. They are a bizarre academic cult running on variants of voodoo thermodynamics that their
    predecessors formulated during the 1800s when the real thermodynamics was established. In the case of the economics
    variables there is no physical meaning. This allows famous economists to claim for example that we'll make more copper if we ever run
    out of it. Certifiable idiocy.

Sachs and the rest of the Harvard Boys assumed that transition processes in Russia and other post-command economies would
    occur super fast, in basically under a year. It has been 26 years since the dissolution of the USSR and Russia is still experiencing
    transition transients in pricing and economic interaction between companies and other elements. I am assuming that they actually
    assumed, it is quite likely that they were shysters out to destroy Russia and all their shock therapy "theories" were a scam.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun May 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Here is the 2016 "Corruption Perception Index" routinely trotted out by the NATO fake stream media as an empirical metric
    of corruption:

http://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2016

So Russia is ranked 131, the same as Ukraine, while Italy is ranked 60. If anyone believes these rankings, then they
    are totally clueless. Ukraine is a failed state toilet of corruption where IMF money disappears in a void and the standard
    of living is collapsing as the corrupt oligarch maggots eat up the remains of the Soviet legacy (in 1991 Ukraine was
    basically on the same level as Russia). To compare Ukraine to Russia today is total fantasy fiction.

Now I get to Italy. The prime reason why Rome, the main city in Italy, has a very large deficit is because of outright
    corrupt municipal projects that are started and never finished. I challenge anyone to find anything similar in the
    case of Moscow (or any other large Russian city).

http://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/europe/corruption-neglect-and-bureaucratic-bungling-has-led-to-demise-of-rome/news-story/ad6eb1919241110fa6abf7f12d027bd1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11271882/Mafia-capital-Rome-hit-by-mobster-scandal.html
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd on Mon May 08, 2017 5:58 am

I was talking to an Italian just a few days ago, he said the mafia problem is still extremely rampant in the country. People get disappeared regularly, particularly journalists or activists, and this isn't just retarded allegations as is often insinuated by Western or Liberal media in Russia, but very much an open reality in the country. During the earthquakes there recently I was told that millions of dollars worth of pre-fab structures that were paid for by the Government to aid the farmers in the region who were hardest hit simply never turned up.

He was also very skeptical of the EU, and said that why we probably do not hear of the horror stories out of Italy much in MSM, although they are frequently news worthy, is simply because they are an EU member state...

The corruption perception index is complete bunk.
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 on Mon May 15, 2017 6:09 pm

Uhmm.... anyone?
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Mon May 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Search Russian sailors sunbathing in Kuznetsov.

He'll for sailors? Lol. Even fifth columnist articles in Russia would mention it.
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Mon May 15, 2017 7:44 pm

OminousSpudd wrote:I was talking to an Italian just a few days ago, he said the mafia problem is still extremely rampant in the country. People get disappeared regularly, particularly journalists or activists, and this isn't just retarded allegations as is often insinuated by Western or Liberal media in Russia, but very much an open reality in the country. During the earthquakes there recently I was told that millions of dollars worth of pre-fab structures that were paid for by the Government to aid the farmers in the region who were hardest hit simply never turned up.

He was also very skeptical of the EU, and said that why we probably do not hear of the horror stories out of Italy much in MSM, although they are frequently news worthy, is simply because they are an EU member state...

just so you know, the corruption index is a perception index. So it is Subjective, not objective.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Mon May 15, 2017 11:39 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:I was talking to an Italian just a few days ago, he said the mafia problem is still extremely rampant in the country. People get disappeared regularly, particularly journalists or activists, and this isn't just retarded allegations as is often insinuated by Western or Liberal media in Russia, but very much an open reality in the country. During the earthquakes there recently I was told that millions of dollars worth of pre-fab structures that were paid for by the Government to aid the farmers in the region who were hardest hit simply never turned up.

just so you know, the corruption index is a perception index. So it is Subjective, not objective.

Yes, but that aspect of it is basically never highlighted and it is presented by the NATO fake stream media as an objective index.
    Most people would care about objective indices so subjective ones must be sugar coated.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun May 28, 2017 8:47 pm

https://www.rt.com/uk/389545-data-challenge-russian-disqualified/

The above case fits in the category of anti-Russian bigotry. The Russian prizewinner was denied his prize because
    "Russia is corrupt". And the fucks actually invoke the ludicrous Transparency International "index" (pulled straight from
    the collective anus of western anti-Russian propaganda). The UK has been engaged in corruption for centuries including
    the US of pirates (aka privateers) against the Spanish to rob them of their gold in the New World. Now they wag their
    filthy finger at Russia for being "corrupt". Inadequates.
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Sun May 28, 2017 9:28 pm

If it is true that they gave Hillary an integrity award, then it really goes to show the real "integrity" of the Transparency Index.
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun May 28, 2017 9:41 pm

miketheterrible wrote:If it is true that they gave Hillary an integrity award, then it really goes to show the real "integrity" of the Transparency Index.

https://www.transparency.org/news/pressrelease/transparency_and_the_clinton_foundation_regarding_recent_statements

They gave her an award in 2012 when she was Secretary of State.

The term "NGO" is absurd. It does not preclude these "NGOs" from receiving government money and acting as instruments of US
    and NATO geopolitical power projection. The notion that some "perceptions" based index, which has not even been demonstrated to
    correlate with actual corruption metrics, has any value is inane.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:24 am