Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Western propaganda

    Share

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15490
    Points : 16197
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  GarryB on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:00 am

    More to the point of the article... the US and west is so keen for no fly zones and bombing for one side or another in a conflict... they demand military intervention as an early option, yet it is Russia and China who block their attempts to get a UNSC rubber stamp for their post cold war imperialism but on a chart that lists contributions to peace they put Russia so low and the US so high... the best explanation is that this is an Australian think tank and we all know Australia is a US puppet state... just like the UK... yet they still gave both the US and UK relatively low scores which means a truly independent think tank would have to rank the US and UK and NATO at the bottom of a peace chart as they encourage military intervention and violence and impose economic sanctions that hurt the innocent civilian population.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1086
    Points : 1121
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  macedonian on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:41 pm

    BTRfan wrote:I never could understand why the Serbs and Croats have been at each other's throats for centuries. Aside from minor religious and very minor ethnic differences, they are largely the same. They speak the same language [I'm sorry if it offends anybody but I cannot speak of a Serbian language or a Croatian language, it is Serbo-Croatian, just as English in the northern USA is English and English in the southern USA is English, the same language with small regional differences], and they are all Christians [granted Catholic vs Orthodox], and they have all suffered under foreign occupations throughout their history.

    Religious differences are never 'minor' in the Balkans. Neither are ethnic ones.

    From what I've seen, the Serbs have been ready to put the past behind them and move on,

    If only it were true. No one is ready to bury the hatchet. ALL nations in the Balkans. Serbs and Croats included.
    Seems we all act first, and think later. And everyone believes he's right.
    That's why it's very easy to play 'divide and conquer' with us.

    but the Croats like to throw jabs at the Serbs, such as recognizing Kosovo
    We are Orthodox, of Slavic descent and our government also recognized Kosovo. Same goes for the Bulgarians IIRC.
    Countries in the Balkans (and most of Eastern Europe) don't actually have Governments that enforce sovereignty of their states, merely different sets of puppets that bow to Brussels and Washington. More often than not, contrary to the actual wishes of the people. But that's true for many parts of the world it seems, difference is only how low you're ready to bend over...and governments here are ready to bend over all the way...

    KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 993
    Points : 1148
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:15 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    BTRfan wrote:I never could understand why the Serbs and Croats have been at each other's throats for centuries. Aside from minor religious and very minor ethnic differences, they are largely the same. They speak the same language [I'm sorry if it offends anybody but I cannot speak of a Serbian language or a Croatian language, it is Serbo-Croatian, just as English in the northern USA is English and English in the southern USA is English, the same language with small regional differences], and they are all Christians [granted Catholic vs Orthodox], and they have all suffered under foreign occupations throughout their history.

    From what I've seen, the Serbs have been ready to put the past behind them and move on, but the Croats like to throw jabs at the Serbs, such as recognizing Kosovo.

    They fight and fought in the past because the region has always been conquered, exploited or influenced by multiple outside powers who employed peoples there to square off against one another; Croatia was always under the patronage of Catholic & Central Europe, Serbia the Russians, Bosniaks the Turks and now the Albanians by the Americans.

    .
    Completely agree here Bulgaria is a also a victim of the western empires.

    For example the Berlin Congress of 1879 headed by the British, French, German and Ottoman empires  robbed the young Bulgarian nation   numerous of its provinces like whole  Macedonia( aegian and  nowadays Albanian regions  included), Aegian thrace, Bessarabia, and Odrin region all of which had their Bulgarian population kicked out, discriminated or given an artificial culture as in the case of the Macedonian Bulgarians, by the Romanian, Greek, Turkish and Serbian governments  that stole or had been given these  lands.

    macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1086
    Points : 1121
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  macedonian on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:25 pm

    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    BTRfan wrote:I never could understand why the Serbs and Croats have been at each other's throats for centuries. Aside from minor religious and very minor ethnic differences, they are largely the same. They speak the same language [I'm sorry if it offends anybody but I cannot speak of a Serbian language or a Croatian language, it is Serbo-Croatian, just as English in the northern USA is English and English in the southern USA is English, the same language with small regional differences], and they are all Christians [granted Catholic vs Orthodox], and they have all suffered under foreign occupations throughout their history.

    From what I've seen, the Serbs have been ready to put the past behind them and move on, but the Croats like to throw jabs at the Serbs, such as recognizing Kosovo.

    They fight and fought in the past because the region has always been conquered, exploited or influenced by multiple outside powers who employed peoples there to square off against one another; Croatia was always under the patronage of Catholic & Central Europe, Serbia the Russians, Bosniaks the Turks and now the Albanians by the Americans.

    .
    Completely agree here Bulgaria is a also a victim of the western empires.

    For example the Berlin Congress of 1879 headed by the British, French, German and Ottoman empires  robbed the young Bulgarian nation   numerous of its provinces like whole  Macedonia( aegian and  nowadays Albanian regions  included), Aegian thrace, Bessarabia, and Odrin region all of which had their Bulgarian population kicked out, discriminated or given an artificial culture as in the case of the Macedonian Bulgarians, by the Romanian, Greek, Turkish and Serbian governments  that stole or had been given these  lands.

    I was hoping that there would be no one from the Balkans proving me right, but here we are...the real untermensch as Hitler liked to call us.
    In a sense, I should thank you for proving my point, but since we're both losers, I'll refrain...


    Last edited by macedonian on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : poor german spelling)

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9457
    Points : 9949
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  George1 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:51 am

    Macedonia is Greek and Greek will remain

    macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1086
    Points : 1121
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  macedonian on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:18 am

    George1 wrote:Macedonia is Greek and Greek will remain

    Right...wishful thinking at best, but hey don't let rational thoughts interfere with all that 'smart' reasoning of yours.

    KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 993
    Points : 1148
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:31 pm

    macedonian wrote:
    George1 wrote:Macedonia is Greek and Greek will remain

    Right...wishful thinking at best, but hey don't let rational thoughts interfere with all that 'smart' reasoning of yours.

    Greeks act like the whole Balkan peninsula belongs to them:roll:. As for Macedonia since the 8 century it has had a Bulgarian population and identity. It only stopped with the Yugoslavian terror and  cultural engineering after the treaties of Bucharest and  Neuille in which the Bulgaria lost it for good . Its neither rightfully Greek or Serbian.

    Although I'm not such a nationalist ,I  hope that the antibulgarian hatred  will have passed away Macedonia and Bulgaria unite to be one more powerful country with one national identity.

    macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1086
    Points : 1121
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  macedonian on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:07 pm

    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    macedonian wrote:
    George1 wrote:Macedonia is Greek and Greek will remain

    Right...wishful thinking at best, but hey don't let rational thoughts interfere with all that 'smart' reasoning of yours.

    Greeks act like the whole Balkan peninsula belongs to them:roll:. As for Macedonia since the 8 century it has had a Bulgarian population and identity. It only stopped with the Yugoslavian terror and  cultural engineering after the treaties of Bucharest and  Neuille in which the Bulgaria lost it for good . Its neither rightfully Greek or Serbian.

    Although I'm not such a nationalist ,I  hope that the antibulgarian hatred  will have passed away Macedonia and Bulgaria unite to be one more powerful country with one national identity.

    The Portuguese were Spanish until a French King who ruled Portugal decided they should invent their own language.
    My great-grand father has written many texts that he considered himself Macedonian, and he died much before the second world war...
    As for anti-Bulgarian sentiment, yes there are some nationalists here that dislike Bulgaria, but I'm not really one of them. Sofia is one of my favorite cities actually and I go there whenever I get the chance. It has that real Slavic appeal to it...

    On the unification point - I'm not sure... I do think Slavic people all come from same tribe(s), and we have much, much in common.
    When I read Dostoyevsky describing the Russians in 'The Gambler' I feel like I'm reading about Macedonians (or Bulgarians, or Serbs...take your pick). This is especially true for Slavic people that use the Cyrillic Alphabet, and are also Orthodox Christians. (Like Bulgarians, Serbs and Macedonians for instance).

    Truth is, we don't HAVE to unite to act unified. If we ever achieve that, we'll become better than Scandinavia I think.
    It's too easy for outsiders to play divide and conquer with us as things stand now. And they often do.
    Just my 0.02$

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15490
    Points : 16197
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  GarryB on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:28 am

    It's too easy for outsiders to play divide and conquer with us as things stand now. And they often do.
    Just my 0.02$

    From the other side of the planet it seems kinda strange that on the one hand each ethnic group wants their own independent country while at the same time all want to unite under the EU. Just makes me wonder whether a good future for Europe would be a loose federation of tiny states.

    Personally I am a Kiwi and really don't care what ethnic group someone comes from... if they have NZ citizenship then I consider them as much a kiwi as me... even if they have an English or Australian accent.

    Plenty of Irish people settle here and forget about the differences between catholics and protestants... when taken away from the environment where people will kill for the difference, it takes away the power of violence.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1957
    Points : 1964
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  Regular on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:10 pm

    Reading Your posts makes me happy that sense prevailed and my country got freedom relatively peacefully, without ethnic or religious hatred, well maybe only on Internet forums:)
    And about independence, slavs always strived to be independent, be it independent Rus cities or Kaliningrad today. In today's world it's impossible to be conpletely independant, Belarus probably one of few countries that are independent from east or west. I'm not a fan of Lukashenko, but he looks stronger than Putin.

    macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1086
    Points : 1121
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  macedonian on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:43 pm

    GarryB wrote:

    From the other side of the planet it seems kinda strange that on the one hand each ethnic group wants their own independent country while at the same time all want to unite under the EU. Just makes me wonder whether a good future for Europe would be a loose federation of tiny states
    Not that simple. Many (if not all) countries join the EU and NATO under pressure.
    There's soft pressure and this is done by the media, certain politicos, but mainly by the NGOs (Soros' one lead the way here) who often proclaim that we share certain 'European values' and should therefore become an EU member. They NEVER question what the EU actually is or how it functions. Pro-Europeans are the new communists, and they would do absolutely anything to promote their agenda (well the one of their European masters).

    Than there's the hard pressure and this is mainly done by western diplomats (Brussels' and US' leading the way of course). This lot will tell you that Macedonia cannot survive without the EU and NATO and it'll fall apart if it didn't join. What they're really afraid though is that Macedonia, Serbia and Bulgaria might eventually side with Russia given they are all Slavic nations (Orthodox as well), so they have much more in common with Russia (than with the US for example).

    GaryB wrote:Personally I am a Kiwi and really don't care what ethnic group someone comes from... if they have NZ citizenship then I consider them as much a kiwi as me... even if they have an English or Australian accent.

    Plenty of Irish people settle here and forget about the differences between catholics and protestants... when taken away from the environment where people will kill for the difference, it takes away the power of violence.

    Given the geographic distance it's hardly surprising. There's also the fact that there aren't that many people who share their views around them. In Northern Ireland there are tensions, take the same people to London, they might not like each other - but they won't fight each other, take them to New Zealand they might over time become friends.

    KomissarBojanchev
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Posts : 993
    Points : 1148
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:49 pm

    macedonian wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    macedonian wrote:
    George1 wrote:Macedonia is Greek and Greek will remain

    Right...wishful thinking at best, but hey don't let rational thoughts interfere with all that 'smart' reasoning of yours.

    Greeks act like the whole Balkan peninsula belongs to them:roll:. As for Macedonia since the 8 century it has had a Bulgarian population and identity. It only stopped with the Yugoslavian terror and  cultural engineering after the treaties of Bucharest and  Neuille in which the Bulgaria lost it for good . Its neither rightfully Greek or Serbian.

    Although I'm not such a nationalist ,I  hope that the antibulgarian hatred  will have passed away Macedonia and Bulgaria unite to be one more powerful country with one national identity.

    The Portuguese were Spanish until a French King who ruled Portugal decided they should invent their own language.
    My great-grand father has written many texts that he considered himself Macedonian, and he died much before the second world war...
    As for anti-Bulgarian sentiment, yes there are some nationalists here that dislike Bulgaria, but I'm not really one of them. Sofia is one of my favorite cities actually and I go there whenever I get the chance. It has that real Slavic appeal to it...

    On the unification point - I'm not sure... I do think Slavic people all come from same tribe(s), and we have much, much in common.
    When I read Dostoyevsky describing the Russians in 'The Gambler' I feel like I'm reading about Macedonians (or Bulgarians, or Serbs...take your pick). This is especially true for Slavic people that use the Cyrillic Alphabet, and are also Orthodox Christians. (Like Bulgarians, Serbs and Macedonians for instance).

    Truth is, we don't HAVE to unite to act unified. If we ever achieve that, we'll become better than Scandinavia I think.
    It's too easy for outsiders to play divide and conquer with us as things stand now. And they often do.
    Just my 0.02$

    One question , in Macedonia is the occupation of the Macedonian region by the  kingdom of Yugoslavia in 1913 veiwed as  "liberation"?

    macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1086
    Points : 1121
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  macedonian on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:25 pm

    KomissarBojanchev wrote:One question , in Macedonia is the occupation of the Macedonian region by the  kingdom of Yugoslavia in 1913 veiwed as  "liberation"?

    No.

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:48 pm

    Hannibal Barca wrote:He is probably already dead. Armed himself with two Kalas entered his school along with his best friend and killed everybody breathing including the girl turned down on him, whose he cut her genitalia in ritual fashion.
    He left a tape with him on training and shooting over his desktop and lyrics of 50 cent as well as a flag of confederation.

    Just kidding of course  Laughing 
    US sucks my friend, welcome to the free world ! russia

    I believe you're sick, did someone check you?

    I believe that kind of things and much worse things then that happen far more in Russia...

    And what country are you from?

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:25 pm

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:He is probably already dead. Armed himself with two Kalas entered his school along with his best friend and killed everybody breathing including the girl turned down on him, whose he cut her genitalia in ritual fashion.
    He left a tape with him on training and shooting over his desktop and lyrics of 50 cent as well as a flag of confederation.

    Just kidding of course  Laughing 
    US sucks my friend, welcome to the free world ! russia

    I believe you're sick, did someone check you?

    I believe that kind of things and much worse things then that happen far more in Russia...

    And what country are you from?

    What are you talking about? 1.) Obviously there was nothing serious about his post, and he was clearly being facetious, 2.) School shootings happen way more in the United States than any other country let alone Russia, where do you get the idea that tells you otherwise?

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:34 pm

    But i am pretty sure illegal and weird things aswell as criminal things happen way more in Russia.

    Dont get me wrong i dont hate Russia.

    Edit: but lets end this discussion i am sorry i shouldnt have overreacted that way...

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:42 pm

    Flyingdutchman wrote:But i am pretty sure illegal and weird things aswell as criminal things happen way more in Russia.

    Dont get me wrong i dont hate Russia.

    Edit: but lets end this discussion i am sorry i shouldnt have overreacted that way...

    Happen way more? The largest narcotics trafficking network in the world is the Mexican-American corridor, and the majority of the worlds white collar crime happens at Wallstreet and the City of London, significantly more so than Moscow.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15490
    Points : 16197
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  GarryB on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:41 am

    But i am pretty sure illegal and weird things aswell as criminal things happen way more in Russia.

    Dont get me wrong i dont hate Russia.

    I don't believe you hate Russia either... but sadly you are further evidence of how effective western propaganda is and how ingrained the western stereotype of Russia is.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:19 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    But i am pretty sure illegal and weird things aswell as criminal things happen way more in Russia.

    Dont get me wrong i dont hate Russia.

    I don't believe you hate Russia either... but sadly you are further evidence of how effective western propaganda is and how ingrained the western stereotype of Russia is.

    Could be true.

    Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1219
    Points : 1241
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:22 pm

    Yeah OK I do think that Flyingdutchman is a decent person who does realize that something is wrong in his country, in Europe, in West or something of this sort but on the other hand he has not clarified what he likes and what not. What is right what wrong, what is propaganda what is reality so he moves back an forth always confused.
    In Europe we need people who realize that we seriously go over the cliff. The huge majority is blissfully unaware. This is a start, a slow start but a start nevertheless.

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  TR1 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:48 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    But i am pretty sure illegal and weird things aswell as criminal things happen way more in Russia.

    Dont get me wrong i dont hate Russia.

    I don't believe you hate Russia either... but sadly you are further evidence of how effective western propaganda is and how ingrained the western stereotype of Russia is.

    You guys think there is more rule of law in Russia than in the US?

    Ask any Russian how they feel about that Very Happy.

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:49 pm

    Well i defend the West most of the time and then i read Some stuff what the russians claim and then i think...Wow they could be right...very right... And then i am reading new from Western sites and then i start defending the west again ( maybe it is brainwashing i dont know hahaha ) and then you've got me when i overreact on someones comment ( sorry for that especially Hannibal ).

    But i need to be honest that i start believing Russia more and more they just seem more relaxed and know what they're doing and saying.


    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:38 am

    TR1 wrote:
    GarryB wrote:
    But i am pretty sure illegal and weird things aswell as criminal things happen way more in Russia.

    Dont get me wrong i dont hate Russia.

    I don't believe you hate Russia either... but sadly you are further evidence of how effective western propaganda is and how ingrained the western stereotype of Russia is.

    You guys think there is more rule of law in Russia than in the US?

    Ask any Russian how they feel about that Very Happy.

    Well how do you feel About it?

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15490
    Points : 16197
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  GarryB on Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:40 pm

    The Rule of law is the golden rule... those with the gold... rule.

    Ask OJ Simpson how to get away with murder and he will tell you all you need to do is be a professional athlete and earn millions of dollars. Then you can kill people and use up your millions to keep out of jail.

    It is the same everywhere.

    My problem is that the so called justice system the US and the west promotes is a game, and if you can afford a good lawyer you can often get away with all sorts of stuff and even make the victim have to pay you. A Lawyers job should be to see that their client gets fair representation by someone who understands the law. Instead in the west it is the job of a lawyer to get their client off or at least at a reduced penalty, while the prosecutions job is to put people in prison.

    Russia is far from perfect yet makes no claim, the US is the centre and peak of human civilisation and will tell anyone who will listen. Neither are anywhere close to perfection, but it is not Russia that imposes sanctions on some countries that don't meet Russian ideals, while continuing full trade with countries that don't just because it suits them.

    the US is happy to sanction Iran and Cuba and isolate them and keep them poor for this or that reason, yet had good trade relations with communist China and Saudi Arabia... the latter having an appalling record on human rights.

    it is funny that in one breath the US will condemn Russian laws protecting children from pro gay material but never mentions such things regarding Saudi Arabia where admitting to be gay would get you executed.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5840
    Points : 5892
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  TR1 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:31 pm

    Flyingdutchman wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    GarryB wrote:
    But i am pretty sure illegal and weird things aswell as criminal things happen way more in Russia.

    Dont get me wrong i dont hate Russia.

    I don't believe you hate Russia either... but sadly you are further evidence of how effective western propaganda is and how ingrained the western stereotype of Russia is.

    You guys think there is more rule of law in Russia than in the US?

    Ask any Russian how they feel about that Very Happy.

    Well how do you feel About it?

    To say that there is effective rule of law in Russia is to tell a cruel cruel joke.

    Our conviction rate alone is hilariously suspect.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Western propaganda

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:19 pm


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:19 pm