Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

NATO Missile shield plan and USA's point:

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: NATO Missile shield plan and USA's point:

Post  GarryB on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:37 am

The operational range of SM-3 is about 700km in the early models and up to 2,500km in later planned versions.

Basing it in Europe... even just testing it in Europe is a violation of the INF treaty.

I rather suspect the US jumping up and down saying cruise missiles on the Iskander platform violate the INF treaty is so they can claim Russia did it first and let them move the SM-3s into Europe...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Towen
    Private
    Private

Post  Towen on Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:33 am

Good evening, from a rookie. Well, from one in this forum that is. I do however, have experience of the kind I can tell you very little about. When I follow this thread there is one crucial thing I see you people in here do not realise: The primary reason for the US to pursue a increasingly complex infrastructure of a so called Missile Shield in Europe and surplus areas - is NOT - to intercept and terminate hostile ballistic missiles (so be it a wanted fraction of it). Rather, it is a premature precursor to a Strategic Master Plan, a PAX Americana of Space Dominance. Star Wars in it cradle and future militarization of space. Think kill satellites. Think X-37 B. Think of the "Shield"-deployment as a small comparmentalized part of a much broader picture - a "Manhattan Project" of the space era.

I would also like to comment on a previous passus in this thread stating that the US military spending surpasses the 18 following militaries in the world combined. A passus mocked by many in the following discussion. However, I think what was meant from the beginning and somewhat mixed up was - and this is TRUE - The US NAVY is considered to be larger than the following SEVENTEEN NAVIES combined..

Towen
    Private
    Private

Post  Towen on Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:07 am

I also would like to say I am not a one eyed pro american. I do not believe in a unipolar world - but not in a multipolar one either. It is only through a united conglomerate of the rich infrastructure (hard and soft) of the worlds major powers we as a spieces will be able to find the technology and spirit to evolve over millennias. To leave this world and to colonize others. Our ONLY chance to survive. That goes for Washington and for Moscow equally. And no, The F/A 22 Raptor nor the PAK T 50 will do it for any of us..

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu May 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Missile Defense Program in Romania to Increase NATO 'Defensive' Coverage

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20160512/1039479967/nato-missile-defense-stoltenberg.html#ixzz48RKg3Jty

JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  JohninMK on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:41 pm

Agnia Grigas ‏@AgniaGrigas 2h2 hours ago

Interesting map illustrating the working principles of #NATO's #missile #shield that will be operational by 2018.

KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  KiloGolf on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:44 pm

JohninMK wrote:Agnia Grigas ‏@AgniaGrigas 2h2 hours ago

Interesting map illustrating the working principles of #NATO's #missile #shield that will be operational by 2018.

X-band floating platform by Turkey in the Black Sea? And Russia is talking with Turkey?! lol1

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:40 am

There is a serious issue with the map projection there... if you actually showed it in 3D the path of the missile would pretty much follow a line almost directly between Iran and the supposed target of germany which would mean the radar and systems in Poland are not there for missiles from Iran, but are intended to look into Russian air space.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:37 pm

Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:37 pm