Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: NATO Missile shield plan and USA's point:

Post  Viktor on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Nigerian general wrote:Dude shut the fuck up... dont get it twisted,

Perhaps you should be more polite.

Nigerian general wrote:dont get it twisted, i am not pro American but

Funny thing, because you sound just like every pro-American nationalist out there.

Nigerian general wrote:. America has its ugly side no doubt but it makes me sick to my stomach when i see these sensleless Anti American bashing.

Saying that, you continued to bash everybody else except US. Nice.

Take in the account, that here, no one is doing anything sensesly. This is a discussion board. You are free to discuss anything.

Nigerian general wrote: America this America that bladabladabla. America is the most benign of all former empires.

More than few dozen countries would disagree. It is basically in a state of constant war since it was founded and much before

and it is the only country in the world that has dropped nuclear bomb and only country in the world that has dropped nuclear bomb on

cities i.e. civilian targets.

Nigerian general wrote: Superpower status in the hands of European powers cost the world two world wars and over hundreds of millions dead. Take that Japan and China as well.

And superpower status in the hands of US has caused few dozen millions of lives too, so perhaps now now we should award China with

the superpower status, or India and Pakistan Very Happy , well eventually such times will come to and than we will see.

Nigerian general wrote: Russia and China with a conventional military force the size and capability of the U.S will paint half the world Red.

So you are a prophet now. Nice. What do you see in the beans, please do tell in detail.

What the future holds is beyond our prediction but as we look back in the history we can see war after war being raged by US all

over the world. They are in the constant state of war ever since they where founded jet they live on an "island" with the Pacific

ocean in between. Shocked Very Happy

And still, no one is bashing Americans here, I think you have misunderstand idea of this forum and are now full of preconception

writing in emotional state of mind. You just got here, take some time and have a peak at discussions. There is no point

at attacking all the forum members with your first post.

Nigerian general wrote:Even at its present level you see China having territorial disputes with 12 countries, China has engaged in military adventurism with virtually all countries she shares bothers with, even claiming territories as far as the shores of Brunei.

Well you could argue that Japan has also territorial disputes with all its neighbours, Taiwan too, etc.

But US seems to have territorial dispute with the rest of the world Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nigerian general wrote: Russia is worse, at its height Russia held the enitrre Eastern Union with an iron fist and threatened to accomplished what Hitler failed to do. The only deterent was America's nuclear forces in Europe.

Russia has throughout past lived through biggest land invasion the world has ever seen with most of them coming from EU.

What do you expect from them? To grow flowers now and sing a little girls songs Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy LOL.

Besides it has bear the brunt of WW2 with 85% of German solders killed on the EASTERN FRONT,loosing in the

proces 28 million people, so show little respect.

Nigerian general wrote:So keep on with this propaganda bull shit and talk of America's decline, Russia's rise bladabladabla, it changes nothing on the ground.

Changing economic situation for the worst does not influence military capability for the better. I don`t see whats you problem with

people taking in the consideration ever changing realities in the world same as China 10+% BDP growth for the last 20 years and now

something slower. You need to take that in consideration as it is all connected.

Nigerian general wrote:Superpower Russia, a couple of your citizens were arrested in my country months ago on charges of smuggling arms.. what are you guys gonna do about it? Nuke Lagos? lol

Russia is the only country in the world that can transform all of the shiny US in a dust-land in less than 40 minutes.

flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  flamming_python on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Viktor, why bother giving a serious reply to a troll who doesn't even take himself seriously most likely?
    Although I'm guilty of wasting my time too.

Anyway to expand on the topic - I don't think it's right to be anti-American. Not at all
    But it is right to be anti-injustice, and that's how I attempt to approach things although inevitably I end up standing up for Russia and so on anyway.

If I see injustice commited by America than I call it out; they are the most powerful country in the world and also the most irresponsible, and commit the most injustice.

Maybe some 3rd world dictator relatively speaking commits more human-rights abuses, rules more brutally and so on; but the US still wins out by a huge margin in absolute terms; simply because an ant can jump around, backflip, commit all the aggression, etc... all it wants.

But that ant will still never equal a giant that shows even half that behaviour and decides to just stomp its weight around and by thus doing destabilize entire continents and ruin civilian cities in its pursuit of dominance.

America is not using its power responsibly. It just does whatever the fk it wants, and its main objective is just to gain ever more power and hegemony, no matter who gets in the way.

Nigerian general
    Private
    Private

Post  Nigerian general on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:32 pm

America is the most benign of all former empires.

More than few dozen countries would disagree. It is basically in a state of constant war since it was founded and much before

and it is the only country in the world that has dropped nuclear bomb and only country in the world that has dropped nuclear bomb on [/quote]

Tell me honestly, If Russia had beaten the United States in the race to the Atom bomb would they not have used it on Germany? rather than lose 20 million Soviets? When word war two begin Russia and Germany had already carved up Poland. The Russians controled Eastern Poland and supplied Germany with iron and other raw materials to facilitates Hitlers war. They had plans also to share the Balkans. Only when Hitler turned on Russia did Stalin realised his mistake. If Hitler had not attacked Russia Stalin would have been happy sharing conquered territory with Hitler.

America used it because she got the Bomb first. God forbid a desperate and retreating Hitler finally getting the ATOM BOMB. Your guess would have been good as mine.

Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  Sujoy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Nigerian general wrote:Superpower Russia, a couple of your citizens were arrested in my country months ago on charges of smuggling arms.. what are you guys gonna do about it? Nuke Lagos? lol

If I do a Internet search for "Nigerians arrested in India" this is what I get :

SO " what are we guys goona do about it ? Nuke Lagos ? "

flamming_python wrote:but the US still wins out by a huge margin in absolute terms; simply because an ant can jump around, backflip, commit all the aggression, etc... all it wants.

There is a far more important reason for US supremacy worldwide which stems from it's ability to develop a pan Anglican( with Catholics thrown in as and when required ) alliance across the world that is not just restricted to the Anglosphere.

Think about it . Are the other races in the world a united lot ? Hans against Hans , Slavs against Slave , Hindus against Hindus , Muslims against Muslims . And as long as these intra ethnic conflicts goes on US Supremacy will reign supreme . When was the last time we heard about a conflict within the Anglican community worldwide ? The ability to build & sustain this grand alliance has been the single biggest achievement of the US of A.

Last edited by Sujoy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Nigerian general wrote:
    Tell me honestly, If Russia had beaten the United States in the race to the Atom bomb would they not have used it on Germany? rather than lose 20 million Soviets?

That makes no sense. I didn't realize the Nigerian armed forces were in such a poor shape that anyone can make general btw Sad.

flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  flamming_python on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Sujoy wrote:There is a far more important reason for US supremacy worldwide which stems from it's ability to develop a pan Anglican( with Catholics thrown in as and when required ) alliance across the world that is not just restricted to the Anglosphere.

Think about it . Are the other races in the world a united lot ? Hans against Hans , Slavs against Slave , Hindus against Hindus , Muslims against Muslims . And as long as these intra ethnic conflicts goes on US Supremacy will reign supreme . When was the last time we heard about a conflict within the Anglican community worldwide ? The ability to build & sustain this grand alliance has been the single biggest achievement of the US of A.

It's not so much ethnic as civilizational. And these civilizations came into their present form during the Cold War and inter-war period; as a result of ideology.

The Nazis got knocked out of the game early.

The Soviet civilization and its ideology (encompassing as much of the world as Capitalism did) collapsed in 1991 and now you just have a sorry mess; absolutely everyone went their own seperate ways.

The Western one survived. At it's core it was made up of the former European colonial empires and the USA. The USA was the strongest country by far and undisputed leader. While the British empire with its commonwealth was the strongest before that. So the strong Anglican influence and English-language dominance/centrism is no surprise.

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Nigerian general wrote:Tell me honestly, If Russia had beaten the United States in the race to the Atom bomb would they not have used it on Germany? rather than lose 20 million Soviets?

Of all the my reply`s to you, you managed to answer only one. And what one? The one where you are defending US nuclear bombing

of TOWNS with hundreds of thousands of civilian population with some fiction story that goes what would happen if that happen.

Seriously, are you that much of a prophet?

Nigerian general wrote:When word war two begin Russia and Germany had already carved up Poland. The Russians controled Eastern Poland and supplied Germany with iron and other raw materials to facilitates Hitlers war. They had plans also to share the Balkans.

Right before war began, Poland invaded Czech republic in line with the Germans so they where not the flowers too you know.

You see history of Russians and Poles and Lithuanians reaches far before events of the second world war and can not be viewed

starting from some point witch suits you the most. Poles/Lithuanians kingdom are the only one from EU states that have managed to

burn Moscow to the ground. That surely carved in the memory of the Russians and every action has its reaction.

Russians fought biggest land battles history has ever seen on its own territory , even not taking in to account WW2.

If anyone had the right to drop any bombs that would surely be Russia and jet they didn`t, it was US who did it first and did it on

civilian targets - not military.

Interestingly enough at the same time you seem to totally disregard the fact and be fine with it, that it was England who conquered the

1/5 of the world and raged wars across the planet with other colonial powers like France, Portugal, Spain, Dutch all

grabbing colonies around the world exploiting man and woman and children and resources to the benefit of themselves but still

you fear only of the Russians and think they are the ones who are evil LOL. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nigerian general wrote:Only when Hitler turned on Russia did Stalin realised his mistake. If Hitler had not attacked Russia Stalin would have been happy sharing conquered territory with Hitler.

You should read a few books before watching Discovery Chanel.

Nigerian general wrote:America used it because she got the Bomb first. God forbid a desperate and retreating Hitler finally getting the ATOM BOMB. Your guess would have been good as mine.

So all this story about evil Russians trying to conquer the world was about justifying US dropping nuclear bomb on

civilian targets killing hundreds of thousands in the process? Nice.

I think you have some Russian related issue, unresolved one. But still fell free to join in any discussions you like.

This topic is about US missile shield plans for EU and in general so you may add your opinion about it and contribute if you like.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:13 am

In fact though, they are just following their interests in a belligerent manner and grabbing anything they want... but by thus doing making the world a worse place, not a better one.

Indeed they are spelling out the rules and laws that are right and moral and holding only those that get in their way to those rules.

They never look at their own actions and hold them up to their own laws.

A bit like a religious person preaching in sermons, yet in private not practising what they are preaching.

Banishing people for sins they continue to commit themselves and not understanding why they are not respected for it...

Dude shut the fuck up... dont get it twisted, i am not pro American but A. America has its ugly side no doubt but it makes me sick to my stomach when i see these sensleless Anti American bashing.

So what you are saying is that no one can criticise, because they are just misunderstanding the US, you are not pro US, the US does bad things too that actually upset you, but you wont tolerate criticism of the US.

Interesting... because if the US lived up to its morals then it would invite criticism as an opportunity to better explain its actions, or correct its own bad behaviour and therefore self improve.

The reality is that any criticism is seen as American bashing and ignored and things remain the same...

America is the most benign of all former empires.

America is the most malignant empire with a finger and a whole hand in every pie. It has a global reach and an electronic spy network to match... even the European colonial powers had their limits and rivals, and certainly never had the listening stations the US has or troops deployed in so many foreign countries.

Superpower status in the hands of European powers cost the world two world wars and over hundreds of millions dead.

WWI was the result of power blocks that tied countries to go to a war that was really none of their business. WWII was the direct result of WWI and the best result of WWII was the enormous reduction in global power of all the European colonial powers that led to the regular succession of colonised countries freeing themselves in the post WWII period. The cost of course was too high, but more people died in Europe in the 1920s from disease than were killed in WWII, so it is swings and roundabouts.

Take that Japan and China as well. Russia and China with a conventional military force the size and capability of the U.S will paint half the world Red.

Ahh, yes... I call this the "OK the US is bad but it would be much worse if the Russians/Chinese/Mexicans were in charge."

My reply is usually... why does there have to be someone in charge?

The world didn't have a policeman before the US took over the role.

Even at its present level you see China having territorial disputes with 12 countries, China has engaged in military adventurism with virtually all countries she shares bothers with, even claiming territories as far as the shores of Brunei.

Who is to say they are right or wrong? The maps we use today are based on what? Who created them? Who decided where the precise lines should go? Who determines the validity of each claim?

Ask Mexico about land stealing neighbours...

The US has troops in over 100 countries right now... when was the last time the Chinese sent a drone to kill someone in a foreign country?

You are comparing regional powers with a global power in an effort to make the regional power look bad... good luck with that.

Russia is worse, at its height Russia held the enitrre Eastern Union with an iron fist and threatened to accomplished what Hitler failed to do.

Funny. Last time I looked that was the Soviet Union, and it wasn't even Soviet troops enforcing control... it was friendly locals that did the iron fist stuff as a mirror to what the European colonial powers had been doing for centuries. The dilemma is that Russia couldn't control the entire populations of Eastern Europe... would take too many men... too much overhead. The solution is to pick key allies that are native to the countries, but that have been picked on in the past and have no great love for the past. Put them in power and they know they will need to hold power because losing it means their deaths at the hands of the local population... they are loyal to the Soviet Union because that is how they got their power.

The current western model however is just the same... CIA money using local print and other media to create unrest, with a few paid drones to get popular support with promises of "friendly" relations when they get into power. Money is far more effective than force, but it seems the money is running out...

As budgets get cut I suspect a few governments will fail to get back into office...

The only deterent was America's nuclear forces in Europe. So keep on with this propaganda bull shit and talk of America's decline, Russia's rise bladabladabla, it changes nothing on the ground.

Eastern Europe was a buffer for Stalin to ensure Germany remained divided to ensure any future battlefield in Europe would not involve Soviet territory. Americas nuclear forces meant nothing to Stalin... you could have dropped thousands on eastern europe and he would not have cared one little bit. If western forces had withdrawn from Europe then Soviet forces would likely have withdrawn from eastern europe and the cold war would probably have never happened. Or are you confused and think Stalin was out for new territory? If that was the case then why let Finland and Austria and Yugoslavia even exist? Why leave the countries as they were... send the populations off to central siberia and move Soviets into the new provinces of the new Soviet Union?

Eastern Europe wasn't the stepping off point for an invasion of europe, it was a buffer zone to prevent land war on Soviet territory... which means the US nuclear deterrent was totally pointless.

Superpower Russia, a couple of your citizens were arrested in my country months ago on charges of smuggling arms.. what are you guys gonna do about it? Nuke Lagos? lol

And that is the point... only the US over reacts and bombs and invades other countries for such reasons... Grenada, Somalia, Haiti, etc etc.

If I see injustice commited by America than I call it out; they are the most powerful country in the world and also the most irresponsible, and commit the most injustice.

The US talks about Justice, but in practise they actually mean vengeance.

Maybe some 3rd world dictator relatively speaking commits more human-rights abuses, rules more brutally and so on; but the US still wins out by a huge margin in absolute terms; simply because an ant can jump around, backflip, commit all the aggression, etc... all it wants.

The fact that the US does bad things doesn't bother me, it is the sermons and the lies that annoy me more. Truth, Justice, and the American way... should actually be Lies, Vengeance is the American way...

It just does whatever the fk it wants, and its main objective is just to gain ever more power and hegemony, no matter who gets in the way.

No friends or allies... just interests...

When word war two begin Russia and Germany had already carved up Poland. The Russians controled Eastern Poland and supplied Germany with iron and other raw materials to facilitates Hitlers war. They had plans also to share the Balkans. Only when Hitler turned on Russia did Stalin realised his mistake. If Hitler had not attacked Russia Stalin would have been happy sharing conquered territory with Hitler.

I love the selective view of the start of WWII by the west... so amusing.

The reality is that before Hitler took power in 1933 the Germans and the Russians actually had a lot more in common than the Russians had with any of the other european powers.

Germany was no more an ally OR AN ENEMY of the Soviet Union than Britain or the US was. The Germans offered the Soviets a secret agreement not to get in each others way. Germany wanted to invade Poland and Europe but didn't want to risk having to fight the Soviet Union just yet so they went to the Soviets to say if you don't interfere with us taking half of Poland then you can have the rest. The Soviets spoke to the British to get a deal, though of course they never mentioned the German offer but the british told them to talk to the Polish and the Polish didn't trust the Soviets (having taken a lot of territory during the 1918-1921 war they had with the Soviets) and were actually talking to the Germans about a defence agreement against the Soviets.
    At the end of the day the Rippentrop-molotov pact was nothing to do with friendship or alliance... it was an agreement not to get in the others way and for the Soviets it offered a chance to keep German forces further away from Moscow than if they refused to sign up and have German forces on the Soviet Poland border.

More critically when the Japanese learned of the German-Soviet Pact they decided to head south for resources instead of north... they met Soviet forces in Mongolia and got their asses kicked, but the pact made the realise they couldn't trust Germany either... the result is that instead of facing Germany in the west and Japan in the east with no war in the pacific to distract Japan the war could have had a completely different result.

Regarding sales of raw materials to Germany... that is not proof of an alliance... it is merely trade... US companies continued to sell products to both countries right up until 1941 when Germany declared war on the US.

America used it because she got the Bomb first. God forbid a desperate and retreating Hitler finally getting the ATOM BOMB. Your guess would have been good as mine.

A retreating hitler probably would have destroyed Berlin with a nuclear device... without any heavy aircraft to transport such a bomb and no air superiority to keep it in the air long enough to get to a target it would not have been much use to him.

The ability to build & sustain this grand alliance has been the single biggest achievement of the US of A.

I disagree... the US got its power from the destruction of Europe in WWII, where all the former colonial powers were largely bankrupt and need to look to the US which made a fortune in selling material and weapons, and also had all their factories and infrastructure intact and operating. Rebuilding Europe without the cost of having to rebuild itself simply handed them control and power... when you are mortgaged to your eyebrows you don't boss your bank manager around...

This topic is about US missile shield plans for EU and in general so you may add your opinion about it and contribute if you like.
    X2

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Nigerian general
    Private
    Private

Post  Nigerian general on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:14 am

Very typical of life in Russia.. why am i not suprised. My two recent posts has been censored and deleted. Enjoy your forum guys. Nuts Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 am

Bai.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 am

Well I didn't delete or censor any of your posts... Did one of the other mods or Vlad do it?

When I do it prints the fact that I have edited it on the post.

Personally I think it is just an excuse to leave... though I wont stop you... Smile

I have never edited a persons post just because I disagreed with them and I wont start now.

Members who don't think the rules apply to them however and try to break the rules with foul language or abusing other members will find I am happy to make the necessary changes...

The huge irony of course is... what happened to that old lady reporter in the US that expressed support for the Palestinians... she lost her job... yeah... there is no censorship in the west... that only happens in Russia... HA!

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

nemrod
    Major
    Major

Post  nemrod on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:37 pm

To Dasvidanya

Nigerian general wrote:
    You can continue with your masturbatory fantasies of Russia's greatness but that only exists in your own silly wet dreams...

Dasvidanya

At first start to be polite, secondly U buoyantly land, insulting, mocking, U incrust yourself as hair in the supper. Presenting your lights nonsense stupidies as arguments, that are not.
    To start Iam not russian too, however it is unfair to despise Russia, and despise russian people, and it is unfair to overestimate US power military machine.

....with this propaganda bull shit and talk of America's decline...

I never brought any propaganda in my aguments, on contrary, to substantiate, what I mean I asked people to take a look in these following websites:

http://www.leap2020.eu/English_r25.html

here is in french version :
    http://criseusa.blog.lemonde.fr/
    http://lescrises.fr/

english version

http://www.zerohedge.com/
    http://tarpley.net/

Obviously taking a look, at these websites about America's decline ask for U patience, education, serious, understand foreign languages, here is french -although Tarpley, and ZeroHedge presented his website in english version- and understanding economy, politics, history. In fact using its brain, this is what U are unable, indeed, your genetic forbided you to use, this very usefull assets. But what can we do for U ? The worst, U did not do semblance, this is your real possibility.

America this America that bladabladabla... America is the most benign of all former empires...status in the hands of European powers cost the world two world wars... used it on Germany? rather than lose 20 million Soviets...

Moreover, U used words, that Iam afraid, U have no clues. U know nothing about. What is America ? What were former empires ? What is Germany ? 20 millions soviets ? And died ? What does soviet mean ? Where is soviet ? When ?
    U are uncultivated, unable to understand what U write, unable to make an intelligible sentance, in fact talking with U it's a mere waste of time. Ignorant, uncultivated, coarse, person, unable to use its brain. Moreover how could U use a thing that is empty, but I forgot, your genetic did not advantage you, regarding these simple areas.

As we said in french language, we cannot upset a vocation.

nemrod
    Major
    Major

Missile defense system fails in US summer nuke drills: security compromised?

Post  nemrod on Thu May 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Not a bad news. But, is it a news ?

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_05_22/Missile-defense-system-fails-in-US-last-summer-nuke-drills-security-compromised-4239/

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:08 pm

Pentagon Asks for $9.6 Bln to Counter Missile Threat From Iran, North Korea

The Obama administration asked for $9.6 billion to counter the increasing threat from North Korea and Iran.

The US Department of Defense has requested $9.6 billion in the 2016 budget year to counter "a maturing long-range missile threat from North Korea and the potential threat from Iran," the Associated Press reports.

"The US Military remains deeply engaged around the world," Pentagon said in its $585-billion defense budget proposal, citing Russian activities in Ukraine, Ebola and the rise of the Islamic State as the three main geopolitical challenges the US faces. The DoD also said that the agency must address both current and emerging challenges, including cyberattacks, rising China and threats to space assets.

The Pentagon’s base budget has increased by 7.7 percent from last year, reaching $534 billion, which makes it the largest in US history, according to the Associate Press. However, the $51-billion funding for overseas contingency operations is a 21 percent decrease compared with the 2015 budget year, the news agency said.

The current defense budget proposal ignores the cap of $499 billion, imposed by Congress.

On Monday, US President Barack Obama unveiled a nearly $4-trillion budget for fiscal year 2016, which must be approved by Congress to take effect.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150203/1017695545.html#ixzz3QgA7o45Q

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Denmark ships to join NATO shield Russia threatens to aim nuclear missiles at them .

Post  max steel on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:59 pm

Denmark ships to join NATO shield Russia threatens to aim nuclear missiles at them .

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/22/us-denmark-russia-idUSKBN0MI0ML20150322

ahmedfire
    Captain
    Captain

Post  ahmedfire on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:10 pm

Well in case of nuclear war , of course they will be a target Twisted Evil

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:03 am

Denmark unlikely to join NATO’s missile shield — expert   dunno

http://tass.ru/en/world/784466

btw why the hell there are two us satellites shown just above russia in east . Must be taken down .

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:01 pm

NATO: Iran Deal or Not, Missile Shield Will Stay

NATO will go ahead with its plans to deploy a fully-fledged missile defense network in Europe despite the recent agreement with Tehran aimed at preventing Iran from developing nuclear weapons, spokeswoman Oana Lungescu told Sputnik on Friday.

MOSCOW (Sputnik), Alexander Mosesov — The spokeswoman reiterated that the so-called European missile shield is not directed against Russia.

"The threat to NATO countries posed by the proliferation of ballistic missiles continues to increase… The framework [Iran nuclear program] agreement does not change that fact," Lungescu said.

On Thursday, Tehran and the P5+1 countries, comprising Russia, the United States, the United Kingdom, China, France and Germany agreed a political framework for a comprehensive agreement aimed at ensuring the peaceful nature of Iranian nuclear activities.

In December 2014, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Washington had created threats for Russia by expanding its missile defense shield, placing elements in Eastern Europe, close to the Russian border.

However, NATO earlier claimed that the system was primarily aimed at protecting its allies, countering threats from Iran and North Korea.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150403/1020449551.html#ixzz3WH3nE599

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:22 am

So despite deal with Iran on Iranian nukes the US ABM shield in Europe will continue.... that clears that up... the US ABM shield in Europe is directed at Russia... so one can assume the ABM system proposed by the US to Japan and South Korea will also be directed at Russia and China...

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:10 am

The Pentagon’s $10-billion bet gone bad

Trying to fashion a shield against a sneak missile attack, military planners gambled on costly projects that flopped, leaving a hole in U.S. homeland defense.

Leaders of the U.S. Missile Defense Agency were effusive about the new technology.

It was the most powerful radar of its kind in the world, they told Congress. So powerful it could detect a baseball over San Francisco from the other side of the country.

If North Korea launched a sneak attack, the Sea-Based X-Band Radar — SBX for short — would spot the incoming missiles, track them through space and guide U.S. rocket-interceptors to destroy them.

Crucially, the system would be able to distinguish between actual missiles and decoys.

SBX “represents a capability that is unmatched,” the director of the Missile Defense Agency told a Senate subcommittee in 2007.

In reality, the giant floating radar has been a $2.2-billion flop, a Los Angeles Times investigation found.

http://graphics.latimes.com/missile-defense/

Wow,  couldn't add the entire article,but wow, just wow. Shocked Shocked

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:21 pm

US Stands on Need for European Missile Defense Regardless of Iran Deal

US State Department official stated that United States will not change its stance on the need for missile defense systems in Europe even after a preliminary deal was struck last week by the P5+1 and Tehran Group on Iran’s nuclear program.

MOSCOW (Sputnik), Alexander Mosesov – The United States will not change its stance on the need for missile defense systems in Europe even after a preliminary deal was struck last week by the P5+1 and Tehran Group on Iran’s nuclear program, a US State Department official told Sputnik in an exclusive interview on Tuesday.

“A successful resolution of the nuclear issue with Iran would not obviate the need for ballistic missile defenses. [US] President [Barack] Obama said last Thursday that US sanctions on Iran’s ballistic missile program will continue to be fully enforced,” the official said on conditions of anonymity.

The official said that Iran’s ballistic missile capability remains a threat and “continues to be a source of concern to us and the international community.”

The United States will continue developing its European Phased Adaptive Approach (EPAA) plans that include missile defense systems placed in Eastern Europe because of possible ballistic missile threats from Iran, a US State Department official said.

“The United States remains committed to the security of our Allies and Partners against possible ballistic missile threats, including those posed by Iran and its non-state proxies in the region,” the official said on conditions of anonymity.

Last week, a preliminary deal was struck between the P5+1 Group and Tehran on Iran’s nuclear program. US President Barack Obama said last week that the deal would not alleviate concerns in regard to Iran.

“Our commitment to the European Phased Adaptive Approach (EPAA), including the facilities in Romania and Poland, is ironclad,” the official added.

On April 3, NATO spokeswoman Oana Lungescu told Sputnik that the military bloc would go ahead with its plans to deploy a fully-fledged missile defense network in Europe despite the Lausanne deal.

In 2009, the United States and NATO agreed to the European Phased Adaptive Approach to ballistic missile defense in Europe.

Russia has raised concerns over the close proximity of the ballistic missile systems to its borders. Moscow has also expressed concerns that such deployments could upset the strategic balance.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/us/20150407/1020564234.html#ixzz3WelvWEwK

JohninMK
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  JohninMK on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Lavrov is not letting this issue drop. Extracted from the Tass release after the Agreement http://tass.ru/en/world/808492

Moscow expects Washington to drop missile defense shield plans. Lavrov stressed that Russia expects Washington’s move towards giving up plans on creating the missile defense shield in Europe after the deal on Iran’s nuclear program has been reached.

Speaking on the deal in a "broader context," Lavrov reminded that US President Barack Obama said in 2009 in Prague that there would be no more need to create a European segment of the missile shield should a solution be found to Iran's nuclear issue.

"That’s why we drew the attention of our American colleagues to this fact today and we will expect a reaction," Lavrov stressed. "No doubt, finding the solution will play an important role in the cause of strengthening the non-proliferation regime in general," Lavrov said. "It will no doubt have a healthful influence on the overall situation in the Middle East, the north of Africa and the Persian Gulf," he stressed.

DerWolf
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  DerWolf on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:07 pm

‘Polish missile shield’ rockets tested
    11.12.2015 14:43

The rockets which would make up the NATO missile-shield unit in Poland and the CEE region, have been successfully tested in Hawaii.
    Photo: Wikimedia Commons
    Photo: Wikimedia Commons
    A successful test of the antiballistic SM-3 missile was conducted on Thursday.
    The rockets will be used as part of a NATO missile defence shield in the CEE region, including Poland.
    “The Missile Defense Agency conducted the first intercept test of a Raytheon Land-Based Standard Missile-3 Block IB from the Aegis Ashore Missile Defense Test Complex. The SM-3 destroyed an intermediate range ballistic missile target in space by using remote track data from [a] ballistic missile defense radar in a 'launch-on-remote' engagement,” read a press statement released by Raytheon, a US defence contractor.
    The missile base will become operational in line with plans, and will be launched later this year in Romania.
    A base in Redzikowo, northern Poland should also become operational by 2018.
    In September, the Sejm lower house of Parliament authorised the president to ratify the technical agreement on the Redzikowo base with the United States. (rg/rk)

http://www.thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/232509,%E2%80%98Polish-missile-shield%E2%80%99-rockets-tested

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:28 pm

DerWolf wrote:‘Polish missile shield’ rockets tested

The rockets which would make up the NATO missile-shield unit in Poland and the CEE region, have been successfully tested in Hawaii.

The rockets will be used as part of a NATO missile defence shield in the CEE region, including Poland.
    “The Missile Defense Agency conducted the first intercept test of a Raytheon Land-Based Standard Missile-3 Block IB from the Aegis Ashore Missile Defense Test Complex. The SM-3 destroyed an intermediate range ballistic missile target in space by using remote track data from [a] ballistic missile defense radar in a 'launch-on-remote' engagement,” read a press statement released by Raytheon, a US defence contractor.
    The missile base will become operational in line with plans, and will be launched later this year in Romania.

I've read it earlier and it shows that US isn't not at all interested in listening to Russia. It's time for repercussions.

AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  AlfaT8 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:52 pm

max steel wrote:
    DerWolf wrote:‘Polish missile shield’ rockets tested

I've read it earlier and it shows that US isn't not at all interested in listening to Russia. It's time for repercussions.

More Iskanders....strike that, floating Iskanders (on river boats). Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:04 pm

Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:04 pm