Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

State Armaments Program 2011-2020

Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: State Armaments Program 2011-2020

Post  Vann7 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:19 am

Those "independent" Economist do not understand that there is nothing more expensive ,than
    have to face a war and not being prepared for it. Not have the military hardware for it.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:22 am

George1 wrote:Impatient Putin

Once flagship of a robust Russian military press, NVO isn’t what it was.  What is after 15 years of Putin?  But NVO still has moments.  Its 22 May editorial is one.

NVO writes that recent Roskosmos failures overshadowed President Vladimir Putin’s mid-May meetings with Defense Ministry and defense industry leaders on the GOZ and GPV.  Still the 9 May Victory Day parade on Red Square showed much has been done to rearm Russia.  But much doesn’t mean every problem has been solved.  Rather, NVO contends, problems in the realization of GPV 2011-2020 and GPV 2016-2025 are “snowballing.”

The paper offers cases in point:

• The fifth generation T-50 (PAK FA) fighter didn’t fly over Red Square even though it’s supposed to be in serial production already. The impatient Putin gave Russian designers just five years to field the T-50 while the Americans took 14 years from first flight to first delivery with the F-22 and 12 with the F-35.

•    Only a short time — two years — has been allowed for serial production of the new Armata tank.  The Soviet T-64 took 10-15 years from the start of testing until all development work was finished.  The call for Armata tanks and other armored vehicles on the same base in 2015 is just a “wish.”  Serial production won’t begin earlier than 2018.

•    There are delays in other key military programs — S-350 Vityaz, S-500 Triumfator-M, and missile defense systems (no specifics provided).

Then NVO reels off a list of weapons the Russian military needs that, the editorial asserts, aren’t exactly rolling off assembly lines:

Transport aircraft;
       UAVs;
       Air-launched missiles;
       Air ordnance;
       Artillery and fire control systems;
       Space systems.

Regarding the final bullet, the paper notes that “even a huge investment of budget resources still won’t save Roskosmos from its systemic crisis.”

NVO concludes:

“On the whole, fulfillment of GPV-2020 and GPV-2025 has been summoned to restore Russia to military parity with NATO, if only the Russian economy can withstand the strain.  If not, the history of the USSR may be repeated.”

Some will quibble about particular systems NVO claims Moscow will have trouble fielding, but the general point remains:  far from everything needed by a military neglected for 20 years is being successfully procured.  There are more than a few independent Russian economists who say Moscow’s current high level of defense spending is damaging an economy already challenged by lower oil prices and Western sanctions.

Where did you dig up this garbage?

Those economists couldn't count worth shit anyway.  They think witholding spending will save an economy.  That is far from the truth. S-500 wasn't even supposed to be fielded or showed this year I believe, and I don't know the S-350 info but I question this claims. As well, PAK FA has been in development for a lot longer than 6 years, it was envisioned in the 90's. And PAK FA is still undergoing tests. I don't recall that it was supposed to be shown on May 9th. That said, they are still flying. And the Armata comment.... T-64..... What a joke. Yeah, and they shown working units, guess they don't need 10 - 14 years to design it....

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:07 am

sepheronx wrote:

Those economists couldn't count worth shit anyway.  They think witholding spending will save an economy.  That is far from the truth.  S-500 wasn't even supposed to be fielded or showed this year I believe, and I don't know the S-350 info but I question this claims.  As well, PAK FA has been in development for a lot longer than 6 years, it was envisioned in the 90's.  And PAK FA is still undergoing tests.  I don't recall that it was supposed to be shown on May 9th.  That said, they are still flying.  And the Armata comment.... T-64.....  What a joke.  Yeah, and they shown working units, guess they don't need 10 - 14 years to design it....

https://russiandefpolicy.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/impatient-putin/

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:09 am

George1 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Those economists couldn't count worth shit anyway.  They think witholding spending will save an economy.  That is far from the truth.  S-500 wasn't even supposed to be fielded or showed this year I believe, and I don't know the S-350 info but I question this claims.  As well, PAK FA has been in development for a lot longer than 6 years, it was envisioned in the 90's.  And PAK FA is still undergoing tests.  I don't recall that it was supposed to be shown on May 9th.  That said, they are still flying.  And the Armata comment.... T-64.....  What a joke.  Yeah, and they shown working units, guess they don't need 10 - 14 years to design it....

That website? Uggh. I stopped going there long ago. They have not provided a decent article ever. Every article about Russia and its military is always negative with that site.

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:23 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    George1 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

That website? Uggh.  I stopped going there long ago.  They have not provided a decent article ever.  Every article about Russia and its military is always negative with that site.

Bud, you can't see the whole view from one angle.

Besides the orgasmic spasm that occurs when he detects that the White House IP address has visited his site is too funny Laughing

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Share of modern hardware in Russian army to reach 70%-100% by 2020

"I expect that the defense-industrial enterprises and the research and design bureaus will do their utmost for the timely and proper implementation of the identified plans," Putin said

KUBINKA /Moscow Region/, June 16. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin hopes that the defense-industrial complex will cope with the task of building up the share of modern types of hardware at the disposal of the Russian armed forces to 70%-100% by 2020.

"Let me remind you that the implementation of the state program is to build up the share of cutting-edge weapons in the armed forces to 70%, and in some cases, to 100% by 2020. This is an impressive parameter, indeed," Putin told an audience at the opening of the international arms show Army-2015 in Kubinka, near Moscow Tuesday.

"I expect that the defense-industrial enterprises and the research and design bureaus will do their utmost for the timely and proper implementation of the identified plans," Putin said.

Defense-industrial complex must remain innovation engine in various spheres

Russia’s defense-industrial complex must be a resource for the development of many industries and an innovation engine in general, Russian President said.

"It is nakedly clear that the effectiveness of the defence-industrial complex is the most important resource of growth for the whole economy. Moreover, it is the defense-industrial complex that should set the benchmarks regarding many technological and manufacturing parameters and remain one of the innovation engines, including dual purpose and civilian ones," Putin said. He mentioned such industries as energy production, power engineering, communications and microelectronics.

"It is important to perfect the mechanisms of public-private partnership in the industry and to spread the successful experience of private companies, which provide parts and components for military products," Putin said. He called for giving civilian enterprises, universities and research centers in the work on state defence contracts.

nemrod
    Major
    Major

Russia state defense order in 2015

Post  nemrod on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Russia state defense order in 2015

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:37 am

Russian Defense Ministry: State armaments program will not be reduced

eehnie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  eehnie on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:41 pm

nemrod wrote:Russia state defense order in 2015

It would be interesting to know about the disclose of the 701 armored vehicles by model.

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:07 am

eehnie wrote:

It would be interesting to know about the disclose of the 701 armored vehicles by model.

Don't know exact breakdown, but here goes with some actual and rough;
    - 64 BMD-4M
    - 20 BTR-MD
    - 20 T-14
    - ~ 270 T-90AM & T-72B3 (probably 90/180)
    - ~ 270 BMP-3M & BTR-82AM (probably 90/180)
    - 10-20 each of T-15, Kurganets & Boomerang

Basically covers off the total.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:58 am

I wonder how they'll get the AM upgrade process going...in stages or at once?

eehnie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  eehnie on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 am

franco wrote:
    eehnie wrote:

Don't know exact breakdown, but here goes with some actual and rough;
    - 64 BMD-4M
    - 20 BTR-MD
    - 20 T-14
    - ~ 270 T-90AM & T-72B3 (probably 90/180)
    - ~ 270 BMP-3M & BTR-82AM (probably 90/180)
    - 10-20 each of T-15, Kurganets & Boomerang

Basically covers off the total.

Thank you very much, it is very interesting. There are not more new Artillery, Surface-Air or Surface-Surface systems?

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:58 pm

Mike E wrote:I wonder how they'll get the AM upgrade process going...in stages or at once?

I'm still waiting to see if it is the T-90's or T-90A's or both that are being upgraded.

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:41 am

Thank you very much, it is very interesting. There are not more new Artillery, Surface-Air or Surface-Surface systems?

Artillery - for new equipment not a lot. Tornado-G MRLS and Khrizantema 9P157 SPAT would comprise the most. The 2S19 MSTA finished delivering those ordered last year. Mostly this year will continue to be the upgrading of the present systems including the converting of some 2S1 to 2S34. There would probably be a few 2S35, Tornado-U and Tornado-S for testing
    SSM - scheduled delivery of 24 Iskandler SS.26
    SAM - S-400 and Pantsir S-1 systems will continue being delivered. There may also be a few S-350 arrive. Again mostly upgrades of the present systems, S-300PM to 300PMU, 300V to 300V4 and all the present Ground Forces SAM's continue to have some be upgraded.

eehnie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Post  eehnie on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:41 pm

franco wrote:Thank you very much, it is very interesting. There are not more new Artillery, Surface-Air or Surface-Surface systems?

Artillery - for new equipment not a lot. Tornado-G MRLS and Khrizantema 9P157 SPAT would comprise the most. The 2S19 MSTA finished delivering those ordered last year. Mostly this year will continue to be the upgrading of the present systems including the converting of some 2S1 to 2S34. There would probably be a few 2S35, Tornado-U and Tornado-S for testing
    SSM - scheduled delivery of 24 Iskandler SS.26
    SAM - S-400 and Pantsir S-1 systems will continue being delivered. There may also be a few S-350 arrive. Again mostly upgrades of the present systems, S-300PM to 300PMU, 300V to 300V4 and all the present Ground Forces SAM's continue to have some be upgraded.

Again very interesting, thank you.

Some sources say that the Russian armed forces have some SA-20 (S-300PMU) and 2S19 in storage. It was rare to me since it seems that are in production still, or at least until very recently.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Putin holds single day of military products' acceptance, modern weapons share up to 70%

In the second quarter of 2015, the Land Forces and Airborne Forces have received more than 4,500 main weapons and military equipment pieces

MOSCOW, July 16. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin has held on Thursday the single day of acceptance of military products. The country’s Land Forces and Airborne Forces have received 4,500 pieces of military equipment.

According to the Defense Ministry, the overall share of modern equipment and weapons systems in the Russian Armed Forces has increased. "At the moment, this figure ranges from 30.5% to 70.7%. Thus, the advanced equipment supply criterion of 30% for 2015 defined by the ‘May decrees’ of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief has been complied with," the ministry materials say.

"In the second quarter of 2015, the Land Forces and Airborne Forces have received more than 4,500 main weapons and military equipment pieces," according to the documents. "The Air Force units have received 7 new warplanes and 6 helicopters. The Stary Oskol class submarine of Project 636.3 has been delivered to the Navy."

In addition, according to the materials, two launches of space rockets have been carried out in the interests of the Aerospace Defense Forces over the past quarter. "The Soyuz 2-1 class carrier rockers orbited 2 military spacecraft on June 5 and June 23," the ministry documents say.

The Defense Ministry says the implementation of the 2015 state defense order assignments and the planned budget provision for defense procurement in the coming years will ensure the prescribed pace of re-equipment of the Armed Forces with modern weapons and special military equipment.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:35 pm

As previously reported, July 16, 2015 at the National Control Centre defense of the Russian Federation under the leadership of the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, Vladimir Putin was held single day of acceptance of military equipment coming into service in the army, and the military facilities and social infrastructure of the Armed Forces.

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1392951.html

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:53 am

George1 wrote:As previously reported, July 16, 2015 at the National Control Centre defense of the Russian Federation under the leadership of the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, Vladimir Putin was held single day of acceptance of military equipment coming into service in the army, and the military facilities and social infrastructure of the Armed Forces.  

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1392951.html

Land Forces in the 2nd quarter received 155 units of armored vehicles, 1,872 units of motor vehicles, the brigade set of operational-tactical missile complex "Iskander-M", 18 units of missile and artillery, divisional Set anti-aircraft missile system S-300V4, about three thousand units of communication, four stations EW, about two thousand parachutes and parachute systems, 32 short-range missiles.

Air Forces in the 2nd quarter received 49 planes, 14 helicopters, 24 radar stations, 95 anti-aircraft missiles, more than 10 thousand units of air weapons.

Naval Forces in the 2nd quarter received the submarine Project 636, three search and rescue boats, a hovercraft, nine radar stations, 50 anti-aircraft missiles.

Strategic Rocket Forces in the 2nd quarter received seven mobile launchers, eight intercontinental ballistic missiles, 19 machines to ensure alerting, two car engineering and masking, six counter-sabotage combat vehicles.

Space Forces in the 2nd quarter received 2 military satellites.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:04 am

franco wrote:

Land Forces in the 2nd quarter received 155 units of armored vehicles, 1,872 units of motor vehicles, the brigade set of operational-tactical missile complex "Iskander-M", 18 units of missile and artillery, divisional Set anti-aircraft missile system S-300V4, about three thousand units of communication, four stations EW, about two thousand parachutes and parachute systems, 32 short-range missiles.

Franco can u put here if u have info the numbers (total units) for these SAMs (i put all the old and new types of Ground forces SAM). Thanks!!
    S-300V4 Antey =
    S-300V     =
    Buk-M2     =
    Buk-M1     =
    Tor-M2U    =
    Tor-M1     =

Last edited by George1 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:27 am

Franco can u put here if u have info the numbers (total units) for these SAMs (i put all the old and new types of Ground forces SAM). Thanks!!
    S-300V4 Antey =
    S-300V     =
    Buk-M2     =
    Buk-M1     =
    Tor-M2U    =
    Tor-M1     =

Sorry don't have exact figures, only estimates of upgrades completed.

S-300V upgrade to S-300V4: total would be ~180 of which 1/3 are loading/launching vehicles. Believe upgrade to be 60% complete.
    Buk-M1 upgrade to Buk-M2: total would be ~360 of which 1/3 are loading launching vehicles. Believe upgrade to be 25-33% complete.
    Tor-M1 upgrade to Tor-M2U: total would be ~180. Believe upgrade to be 25-33% complete.

EDIT: with the Buk-M3 and Sosna systems coming into play not sure if the upgrades of the Buk-M2 and Tor-M2U will be completed.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:28 am

Very important... more than 10,000 units of aviation weapons... this is good news as it will likely include a lot of sophisticated guided weapons along with cheaper simpler unguided weapons.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:51 pm

A short overview of things happening in the various Russian Armed Forces;
    http://southfront.org/21-08-2015-russia-military-report/

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:50 am

Russia to start working on 2016-2025 armament program when economy stabilizes — source

Neither the Economic Development Ministry nor the Finance Ministry has a clear social and economic forecast at the moment

MOSCOW, August 31. /TASS/. The Russian government will start working on the state armament program for 2016-2025 only after the economic situation is stable, an informed source with the government told reporters on Monday.

"Any program must be based on a clear social and economic forecast and neither the Economic Development Ministry nor the Finance Ministry has such a forecast now. Eventually, we decided that as for the current armament program until 2020 we will work under the indicators that were agreed earlier. The work on prospective SAP for 2016-2025 will be launched no earlier than the economic situation stabilizes and the there is a clear forecast of the future socio-economic development," the source said.

Initially, the government announced that its spending on the state armaments program until 2025 would amount to 55 trillion rubles ($823 bln). Later the amount was reduced to 30 trillion rubles ($449 bln) to maintain the required volumes of equipment.

The cost of the state armament program until 2020 is about 20 trillion rubles ($299 bln). Among the main priorities of the current government program are strategic nuclear forces, aerospace forces and reconnaissance, communication means.

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:21 am

Looks like the naysayers, the fear-porn peddlers, the panic-mongers are eating humble pie... Razz The Central Research Institute "Electronics", a institute that's main focus is studying the past, present, and future of the domestic science and technology industry, including Russia's Military Industrial Complex. It's a leading institute in Russia, it produces '6' research papers per scholar, which is better than the '1-2' research papers per scholar which is the average efficiency of other research institutes in the same field, within Russia. They've probably done the most extensive analysis and research about currency devaluation/fluctuation of the Rouble and the MOD's state armaments modernization/procurement, and their findings are quite intriguing. Apparently it's the complete opposite of what some monetarists have claimed.

According to the The Central Research Institute "Electronics", the devaluation of the Rouble is set to increase the total volume of supplies of modern weapons for export as well as domestic procurement of arms by a minimum of 20%, all the way to a maximum of 60% depending on the level of the exchange rate, the duration of the planning period and the minimum level of supply of products to the domestic market and for export.

CRI "Electronics" became the leading center for interdisciplinary research DIC economy
    Institute for the year showed the best results among similar organizations

Employees of Central Research Institute "Electronics" for the year showed the best results among all research institutions of the military-industrial complex.

According to the results of testing conducted by research institute figures totaled approximately 6 reports at the same scientists working in the Central Research Institute "Electronics". According to this indicator Institute significantly superior to other research organizations DIC, which over the same period presented at international and national conferences on the average on 1-2 subjects to report similar to one scholar.

Employees of Central Research Institute "Electronics", for example, tested the hypothesis that the shortage of investment and reduce the cost of the national currency is useful to increase export sales of products, which should contribute to a speedy modernization of the defense industry.

A study conducted by experts of the Institute, has shown that the maximum increase of exports in a few years may be appropriate.    

According to experts, the implementation of such a strategy can increase the total volume of supplies of modern weapons for the needs of national defense by 20-60% depending on the level of the exchange rate, the duration of the planning period and the minimum level of supply of products to the domestic market and for export.

As the number of published scientific papers and monographs published by academic economists Institute also became the best in Russia.

According to preliminary results of the "Best Director of a research organization Defense Industry of Russia" can become CEO of CRI "Electronics" Alena Fomina.

On the title "best scientist-economist Russia's defense industry," claims Advisor to Director General Research Institute "Electronics", Ph.D. AM Batkovsky.

CRI "Electronics" became the leading center for interdisciplinary research DIC economy

Russian Monetarists, The Business Insider, The National Interest, The New York Times, The Wallstreet Journal, The Washington Post, The Economist, The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Mail, The Guardian, The Sun, Defense News, The Diplomat, The Christian Science Monitor, Die Bild, Sky News, Fox News, CNN, BBC, MSNBC, etc....left face flat on the ground, with their dicks in the dirt!!! Razz lol1

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Russia's Far East defense contractors expected to fulfill state procurement program

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:04 am

Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:04 am