"Carry forward the job because of the state defense order the Ministry of Finance, we can not"
Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, what has changed and what has to change in the military-industrial complex
Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, told reporters, "b" on how to construct the interaction of the defense industry and the military under the Minister of Defence, over which products need to work on aircraft manufacturers and what to do with the space industry. Mr. Rogozin sure that the revision of the weapons program will not.
"Military-industrial complex has become a credible platform of dialogue"
- What has changed in the military-industrial sector, year and a half of your work in the government?
- Started a fundamentally new legal and regulatory framework for the smooth and efficient operation of the entire defense industry. In particular, the law on the state defense order, introducing flexible pricing for the creation of complex weapon systems. Since January 2014 it entered into force.
Military Industrial Commission (MIC) into a credible platform of dialogue between industry and the military. It formed part of the specialized tips for creating a new technical basis for the genera and species of the armed forces.
They included representatives from industry, science and government customers themselves - profile commanders in chief, the heads of special services and law enforcement. It was here - at the professional level - addressing difficult issues that were previously not finding answers, erupted into public price wars. MIC has established a system for monitoring the execution of the current defense order, the effectiveness of military expenditure, the process of forming a complex cooperation of enterprises to create a fundamentally new weapons. By the end of 2012 we went on almost one hundred percent occupancy defense orders. This year, the industry is much more stable. There is a massive upgrade not only the Army and Navy, but the defense plants. We introduce a high-tech manufacturing. As a result - a new weapon began to arrive in the army and navy, such as nuclear-powered strategic missile project "Borei" multipurpose nuclear submarine of "Ash", "muscular", as I call them, corvettes and frigates that outperform their firepower NATO counterparts. In September, the country's leadership at the exhibition in Nizhny Tagil show the first prototype armored fundamentally new platforms "Kurganets", "Boomerang" and the heavy combat transformer "Armata". In the West, there is no such equipment.
A few days ago, was officially born Rifle concern "Kalashnikov", reviving the production of small arms legendary competitive domestic brands, are joint ventures with leading foreign manufacturers, such as the Beretta.
Successfully promoted state test fifth-generation fighter T-50, and IL-Russian heavyweight 476. Order it in Ulyanovsk will exceed the figure of 100 aircraft. Building a new nuclear-powered icebreaker fleet of the country. Building a new cosmodrome "East" and the city of Tsiolkovsky. Plants are being built for the new information systems and fire forces air and space defense. In Plesetsk sent a train with a new launch vehicle "Angara" created not by the Soviet and Russian on the drawings. To restore order in the organization of scientific research and in dialogue with the defense of fundamental science. The Fund earned a prospective study. Adoption of a plan of work for the next three years. In November, President Putin will report the first results of its operations.
- How is the dialogue with the new leadership of the Ministry of Defence?
- Unfortunately, in recent years the system of defense contracts in the military has been virtually destroyed. Decisions were made on the basis of voluntarism individual commanders, and not on the basis of performance-oriented planning. Each new commander in chief of the state defense order rewriting job on the understanding. For example, there is a new Commander of the Navy, see the ship under construction at the shipyard and begin the move to revise earlier decisions by its technical appearance. He feels that he will make the vehicle better if it is completed at the stage it will "improve", forgetting or not knowing that the improvements in the manufacturing process of a complex system always lead to a deterioration of the system. Of housing already built the ship begin to cut out the individual units, instead insert "glavkomovskie Wishlist." The hull is like a surgeon riddled body of a patient. With the arrival of the new Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and the appointment of Chief of Armaments Ministry of Defense Yuri Borisova, previously worked as the first deputy chairman of the military-industrial complex, the situation is definitely improved. But still even take time and a concerted effort to establish a system for planning the defense order, and thus qualitatively change the relationship of the customer and the industry.
- This is the only problem?
- Of the subjective - yes. But there is an important objective problem. We are now experiencing, in fact, a revolution in military affairs. Dreams of military science fiction become reality - I mean, first of all by the appearance and wide distribution of high-precision weapons. Its mass application in the wars of recent years has turned previous ideas about the forms of warfare. Precision weapons makes the war proximity, and now they will be born not on the borders of states. The scale of the States, the vastness of their territories will lose its significance for the organization of defense in depth. Begins to emerge weapons based on new physical principles. If traditional weapons was based on the kinetic, chemical and thermal influences on the enemy, but now there is a completely new type of weapon. Plus the new speeds - hypersound, whose development is a complex multi-faceted task. Those who do will achieve first call into question the old concept of strategic defense.
- In what way?
- When we consider hypothetical scenarios of nuclear conflicts, which were developed in the 60-90s of the twentieth century, they were based on the concepts of the use of the nuclear triad in a preventive, counter, counter-strike and retaliation. With such aggression in the other superpower had time to notch facilities missile warning fact launch missiles from the enemy and give the necessary instructions for the use of weapons of retaliation. With the advent of hypersonic weapons and the possibility of covert use with the territory of neighboring countries or nearby waters in the country are victims of aggression no time to lose in making a decision would not be at all. Everything will happen in a matter of minutes or even seconds. This means that the development of a defense mechanism against attack hypersonic precision means we have to think of the dramatic reduction in reaction time to aggression. The role of human aggression in the identification of and response actions in the event of a real attack will be minimized. By the way, now the missile defense system does not work in an automated and automatic. More and more decisions will have to entrust machines, putting them ahead algorithms action in critical situations. What can it lead to? To the enormous growth of the influence of computers, robots, automated control systems, which are more and more people will drive out of the scope of the decision on the application of retaliatory weapons. You do not like the story about the Skynet of legendary Hollywood film "The Terminator"?
- Have you already begun to form a new state armaments program until 2025. At that it will focus?
- New weapons program should be designed to create weapons that will be adequate to each type of hypothetical enemy and forms of warfare that it will impose on us. But in all scenarios, we assume widespread use of precision weapons and robotics, allowing our soldier suppress the aggressor, without entering into contact with him fight.
- The new state program to place an aircraft carrier there?
- The aircraft carrier - a weapon of war is not so much how many geopolitical ...
- We have the "Admiral Kuznetsov", which was due to leave for the repair and upgrading, but never went away.
- We also have the "Admiral Gorshkov", which will upgrade to the "Sevmash". We're going to him on November 15 to give the naval forces of India (with a new name Vikramaditya. - "B"), so far so without disruption.
- In the spring discussed the transfer of the cost of the state defense order for 2016. This will affect the performance of all of the current state program as a whole?
- There are two indicator targets that are defined by presidential decree. And without changing it, we do not have the right to revise these parameters. The concern is that, by 2015, reach 30 percent renovation of the arms, and in 2020 - by 70 percent. Therefore, the job transfer defense procurement blindly in 2016 only because the Ministry of Finance believes otherwise, we can not. At the very least, without a review of the presidential decree. This is the first. Second - the President made one decision: individual tasks of the state program of armaments can be displaced only in the event of unavailability of the industry to execute them in due time, but the program itself, the amount of funds allocated to it are not subject to revision.
- Do you have confirmed these volumes?
- We can confirm this is only the State Duma, will vote when the third reading of the draft budget for 2014 and 2015-2016.
"His plans aviation industry must build for the future in 30 years"
- How do you see the development of the United Engine Corporation?
- It has to go in three directions. First - it's rapid recovery in Samara competence in engine for our long-range aircraft. The process is not only complicated, but also very expensive, as it is practically a piece production in a very limited edition. But to do so would still have, as the need to restore and extend the combat potential of the resource strategic aviation. She still serve the country, at least during the period of development and adopting a new strategic bomber, a political decision on the creation of which has already been made by the President. The second area - is the development of a new generation of engines. The first-born in this matter is the Permian PD-14, which will be equipped with a mainline aircraft MS-21. The birth of the aircraft expected in two years. By the way, buyers MS-21 will offer it in two options - with the Russian PD-14 and with the licensing collected at us "American" from Pratt & Whitney. The third area - is import substitution. For example, in a new production site Klimovsky Plant (JSC "Klimov." - "B") in St. Petersburg at the end of this year will complete the deployment of the production of engines for fighter aircraft and helicopters, which previously gathered outside Russia.
- What happened to the plans of domestic production of civilian aircraft?
- What do we have here ... Light aircraft we have. There is a veteran of the collective-workaholic An-2 and plans for its remotorization, but the prospects in this niche in the aviation industry while vague.
In the niche of short-haul aircraft may be promising IL-112 in the civilian version. The military needed a light military transport aircraft, and they are inclined to give to a large order for the Il-112V - the plane on which the design documentation prepared by 95%. In addition, I believe that it would be good for the Indian market and the possible co-production with the country. Indeed, if we have such a large order for the Defense Ministry, why not see the possibility of civilian versions of the aircraft? Not only civil transport, and civil and passenger. Considered. I spoke with the chief designer ILYUSHIN Viktor Livanov. The designer confirmed, we can make a plane with a range of 1.5 thousand km and a capacity of 50 seats. Interesting topic? That's interesting. Although, of course, the last word of the market and the airlines, operators, yet the industry must constantly offer new ideas and machinery.
Regarding SSJ and MS-21, these aircraft along with liners "Tu" in the coming years will amount to the family of mainline jets of the country, winning for himself the national market, otdavlivaya with him Westerners.
And the overriding perspective for us is to develop long-range wide-body aircraft. Get out into the market with a completely unique design, without repeating the Europeans and Americans. Partners in China, it makes sense to take. Co-production with the Chinese will give us not only to minimize the risks, but also a huge market that will make the project profitable. Working with partners is already underway.
Generally speaking, the plans our aviation industry must build for the future in 30 years, no less. Therefore, aircraft engine building and should be considered in the same context.
- What will happen with the project AN-124 "Ruslan".
- Upgrade will. There the problem is that the Ukrainian side is very tight for an agreement to provide us with consent to upgrade individual units of this aircraft. But we will not wait any longer, and use the world experience.
- Negotiations are difficult?
- Yes. He came from Kiev Deputy Prime Minister Boiko, I had a long conversation with him on the subject ... Sensible man, but to move the debate off the ground until hard. On the other hand, if they do not decide now, then we'll just have to localize at all production. And give up their services completely. Who do they work? With the Chinese? Chinese to sell?China, too, in this respect, far advanced. Why would they Ukraine? I am truly worried about the fate of our industrial cooperation with Ukraine.
- Designed by An-70 is the same situation?
- You know, what is it? Then the virtual plane. That's all they say, that he has a unique airflow wing, he takes off with a short strip from the ground ... But here is what we have seen on paper. Due to its technical characteristics, it is almost a direct competitor to IL-476. I will ask the question: why do we mnogoteme besides a series of half-hearted? Do we need to make in our own company, let's say, 50 IL-476 and 50 An-70? We are interested in large batches, in a serious load of our businesses and in their specialization, so that each plant is not turned into subsistence farming. Bear such a large overhead at our low productivity of labor is impossible. Therefore, the decision must be taken. It will happen, I think, in the near future.
"We need constant help to finally break the vicious circle of accidents and mishaps"
- How do you deal with the reorganization of the Russian Federal Space Agency and what you had in mind when talking about the combination of the aviation industry and aerospace industry?
- June 11 held a meeting with the president. A number of participants advocated strongly for the consolidation of the whole aerospace industry within the corporation. However, without specifying what type. State corporations are of two types: type "Rostekhnadzor", where the functions of state client remain with the Ministry of Industry and Commerce, or the type of "Rosatom" when the corporation itself and solves the problems of the state order and its execution. Everyone thinks that it is the second type of state-owned corporations is the most effective form, but, in my opinion, the success of "Rosatom" is largely due to the personality of Sergei Kiriyenko.
Roscosmos case fundamentally different. If, for example, in "Rosatom" are more than 90% of all industrial cooperation, in this figure Roskosmos than 50%. Second, the problems in the aerospace industry so much that the government is just not right to give the industry an opportunity to figure them out on your own. It needs constant help to finally break the vicious circle of accidents and mishaps that with such annoyance discussed our entire society. As a result, the president agreed with the proposal Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to consolidate the enterprise sector in the framework of the Open Joint Stock Company "United Rocket and Space Corporation" with the preservation and enhancement of the Federal Space Agency.
As for the so-called connection aviation industry and aerospace industry, each with only heard what he wanted to hear. It is not a mechanical connection corporations, and on the scientific and technological innovations that will generate mezhsrednye technology. Well, for example, hypersonic missiles that can change in the flight path of a ballistic on wind, it is not as many missiles as prototype of a hypersonic aircraft. Or project "Air Launch", involving the combination of a single set of rocket and space technology and aviation. That's about the same for the future of space and aviation future a unified technical policy and I spoke. But then provoked a stir in bureaucratic henhouse.
- When can we expect the decree to reorganize the Russian Federal Space Agency?
- Roscosmos must submit to the government, in the military-industrial complex systematic project: who collect, how to collect, as a federal state unitary enterprises to convert to public companies, both within the corporation to build a production holdings of how to implement a unified technical policy.
- Are you planning to bring the share of the corporation "Energy" to a controlling interest? Now only 38% of its state-owned.
- Of course. If brought to the controlling interest, the different options: You can provide subsidies under supply of new equipment, and thereby increase the state's stake. There are other options. I do not want to prompt. It is the task of Roskosmos, they need us to put on the table a draft decision.
- In the West, much attention is paid to low-orbit communications segment. Russia has only system "messenger" with four satellites in orbit. We will develop this with us?
- With pleasure. But do you think that we have private companies that are willing to assume the full scope of these works? We have 250 million people are involved in the aerospace industry and in the U.S. - 70 th Our productivity is eight times lower than theirs. Companies duplicate each other's work and thus is not loaded more than 40%. Hence the high turnover of staff, a large number of random people who are not feeling the ancestral connection with the enterprise. Such a crash, as in the July "PROTON", while maintaining a similar situation may be repeated. So you need as quickly as possible and consistently carry out profound reform of our aerospace industry.