Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Turko-Israeli relationship

    Share

    Jelena
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 275
    Points : 409
    Join date : 2009-08-07

    Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  Jelena on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:45 am

    Turkey, US and Israel to launch military exercises next week
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009
    JERUSALEM - Agence France-Presse

    The United States, Israel and Turkey will launch joint military exercises in the Mediterranean next week, the Israeli army said Tuesday.
    Turkey, US and Israel to launch military exercises next week

    The navies and air forces of the three countries will take part in the drills, dubbed "Reliant Mermaid X", from August 17 to 21.

    "The objective of this exercise is to practice coordinated emergency search and rescue procedures and measures for safety of life at sea," the Israeli army said in a statement.

    Eight ships, four helicopters and three search and rescue aircraft will take part. Hosted by Turkey in the eastern Mediterranean, it is the 10th such exercise in as many years between the allies.

    Israel and the U.S. are linked by a strategic cooperation agreement.

    Turkey is Israel's principal ally in the region and both countries have close economic ties following a military cooperation agreement in 1996.

    http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=turkey-us-and-israel-to-launch-military-exercises-2009-08-12

    Vladimir79
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

    Posts : 2193
    Points : 3099
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  Vladimir79 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:11 am

    Erdogen doesnt' have much love for Usrael. We have similar exercises with Turkey already in the Black Sea. The nuklear deal is really going to change the balance of influence in that country.

    Jelena
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 275
    Points : 409
    Join date : 2009-08-07

    Re: Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  Jelena on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:41 am

    Vladimir79 wrote:Erdogen doesnt' have much love for Usrael.

    Never underestimate the power of money...
    One Turk today described that as "temporary diplomatic crisis" but their relationships are never completely broken.

    Vladimir79
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

    Posts : 2193
    Points : 3099
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  Vladimir79 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:45 am

    Jelena wrote:

    Never underestimate the power of money...
    One Turk today described that as "temporary diplomatic crisis" but their relationships are never completely broken.

    If it is a matter of money, who is Turkey's biggest trading partner = Russian Federation.

    Jelena
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 275
    Points : 409
    Join date : 2009-08-07

    Re: Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  Jelena on Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:54 am

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    Jelena wrote:

    Never underestimate the power of money...
    One Turk today described that as "temporary diplomatic crisis" but their relationships are never completely broken.

    If it is a matter of money, who is Turkey's biggest trading partner = Russian Federation.

    Sure but take a look at the map and tell me what you see (Iran position) .Israel needs Turkey and Turkey is locked in HATO/US.Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that it ain't going to end up in nice way...Too much speculation about Iran lately.


    Vladimir79
    Grand Marshal
    Grand Marshal

    Posts : 2193
    Points : 3099
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  Vladimir79 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:47 am

    Jelena wrote:

    Sure but take a look at the map and tell me what you see (Iran position) .Israel needs Turkey and Turkey is locked in HATO/US.Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that it ain't going to end up in nice way...Too much speculation about Iran lately.

    It doesn't matter what Israel needs, it matters what Turkey needs. Turkey needs to fight PKK, petrol, gaz, nuklear power, Russian tourists and markets. Without Russian involvement, the Turkish economy would collapse. They went begging to the US for Apache's and they were rejected. Now they come to buy Mi-28N attack helicopters. The US tried to use them as a launching point for Iraq and they were rejected. Turkey invades N. Iraq every couple years inspite of US efforts. Obama tries to get them to open Armenia border and they renig. The US has no control over them anymore. Turkey doesn't care about Iran. They are not enemies. The two concerns for Turkey are Russian and EU relations, that is where their future lies. The only reason Turkey has anything to do with the US is to get aid and the US is not getting anything in return except a NATO airbase with limited usage rights.

    Jelena
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 275
    Points : 409
    Join date : 2009-08-07

    Re: Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  Jelena on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

    Vladimir79 wrote:

    It doesn't matter what Israel needs, it matters what Turkey needs. Turkey needs to fight PKK, petrol, gaz, nuklear power, Russian tourists and markets. Without Russian involvement, the Turkish economy would collapse. They went begging to the US for Apache's and they were rejected. Now they come to buy Mi-28N attack helicopters. The US tried to use them as a launching point for Iraq and they were rejected. Turkey invades N. Iraq every couple years inspite of US efforts. Obama tries to get them to open Armenia border and they renig. The US has no control over them anymore. Turkey doesn't care about Iran. They are not enemies. The two concerns for Turkey are Russian and EU relations, that is where their future lies. The only reason Turkey has anything to do with the US is to get aid and the US is not getting anything in return except a NATO airbase with limited usage rights.


    Vladimir, I agree with you however Turko-Israeli relationship is more complexed as it seems at first glance and I read that their general chef of stuff Ilker Basbug is Jewish and Erdogan is ethnic Georgian.Also, before Islam majority of Turks were this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaite_Judaism .

    Sinan
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 23
    Points : 25
    Join date : 2016-11-23
    Location : Ankara / Turkey

    Re: Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  Sinan on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:37 am

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    Jelena wrote:

    Never underestimate the power of money...
    One Turk today described that as "temporary diplomatic crisis" but their relationships are never completely broken.

    If it is a matter of money, who is Turkey's biggest trading partner = Russian Federation.

    Germany. Russia have never been in the first place...i doubt even if it's in the top 10.

    Sinan
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 23
    Points : 25
    Join date : 2016-11-23
    Location : Ankara / Turkey

    Re: Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  Sinan on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:40 am

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    Jelena wrote:

    Sure but take a look at the map and tell me what you see (Iran position) .Israel needs Turkey and Turkey is locked in HATO/US.Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that it ain't going to end up in nice way...Too much speculation about Iran lately.

    It doesn't matter what Israel needs, it matters what Turkey needs.  Turkey needs to fight PKK, petrol, gaz, nuklear power, Russian tourists and markets.  Without Russian involvement, the Turkish economy would collapse.  They went begging to the US for Apache's and they were rejected.  Now they come to buy Mi-28N attack helicopters.  The US tried to use them as a launching point for Iraq and they were rejected.  Turkey invades N. Iraq every couple years inspite of US efforts.  Obama tries to get them to open Armenia border and they renig.  The US has no control over them anymore.  Turkey doesn't care about Iran.  They are not enemies.  The two concerns for Turkey are Russian and EU relations, that is where their future lies.  The only reason Turkey has anything to do with the US is to get aid and the US is not getting anything in return except a NATO airbase with limited usage rights.

    Russia has a very small percentage in our economy...recent crysis showed that sanctions from Russia is very ineffective against Turkey.

    We never asked Apaches from US, like wise never asked for Mi-28...i wonder who is telling these lies to you guys.

    Also we are getting no US aid..we are not Israel.

    Airman
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 139
    Points : 163
    Join date : 2016-10-15
    Location : Republic of Turkey

    Re: Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  Airman on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:27 am


    KiloGolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1189
    Points : 1207
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  KiloGolf on Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:23 pm

    ^^ since no Israel fire thread, HAF CL-415s already deployed and operating.




    Sponsored content

    Re: Turko-Israeli relationship

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:48 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:48 am