Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Share
    avatar
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2187
    Points : 3077
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:58 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:

    Of course I might  be not correct but if I sign a contract, today, to sell 24 Su-35 with delivery  in 2020 then

    1) I add now $2 bln to a portfolio but exported nothing yet.
    2) I  get transfer for delivery in 2020 so I add $2 bln to exported results and deduct from portfolio.

    France did not export anything yet but added to portfolio $15bln.  I mean is supposed to add cause neither Indian nor Polish deals are not inked yet.

    Russia portfolio is over $50bln as Sputnik claims and last year export (ie shipments of goodies and transfers received) was on level of $15,5bln.

    Contracts close to sign by Russia? lately Egypt
    46 MiG-35 ~$2bln
    pending $1bln + S-300

    Still pending deal with iraq for $4,2bln-  

    I did not dig  anything though about deals with India wrt helos and Ils of China. Remember there is still June.

    We didn't sign anything major this year. France stomped us on the export front. When a contract is signed, a large payment is forwarded or financing is arranged. Either way they log massive numbers, not to mention it is logged on top of what they normally do.


    Summing up - French are waning around about export but they sing just contrast to portfolio... comparing 15 France to 50+ Russian still looks rather dwarfey. But France 24 is lying on purpose -you know Russians are drunkards and loosers because IIWW was won by French imperial army Smile

    The French order book is quickly approaching ours.



    _________________
    The true value of life knows only the paratrooper. For he is more likely to look death in the eye.  -- Vasily Margelov
    avatar
    Book.

    Posts : 699
    Points : 760
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  Book. on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:02 am

    China C400 deal over $4 billon. 2015
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4488
    Points : 4661
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:37 am

    Vladimir79 wrote:

    We didn't sign anything major this year.  France stomped us on the export front.
    The French order book is quickly approaching ours.  


    You also said that about the Rafale deal for India. Very Happy ...BTW do you honestly believe the U.S. will allow France to muscle in on it's share of the arms market of NATO states and affiliated states?
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1570
    Points : 1608
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:09 pm

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    We didn't sign anything major this year.  France stomped us on the export front.  When a contract is signed, a large payment is forwarded or financing is arranged.  Either way they log massive numbers, not to mention it is logged on top of what they normally do.

    and what deals did France sign? neither India nor Poland did. After signature of contract a part is signed but not all of course. Unless military deals are so different from regular never 100% is prepaid something 20-30 by signing if any.

    Anyway in case you described $50bln  hit Russian accounts already.

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    The French order book is quickly approaching ours.  

    We are talking 15 vs 50. So true they are bigger then previously but not nearly close to Russia yet.

    Do they aggressively push sales ? yes they do. Everybody does, Russia inclusive. IMHO 4 big deals is not better than 20 smaller ones. Next year Poland and India unlikely will sign another  3bln deals with France.

    My point is -  you are to pessimistic, situation is not perfect but also there is no reason yet to be ¨kurdining¨ Smile Next eyar will show if France keeps so  high sales and Russia not. IMHO current trend will not stay.


    BTW as for Poland I am sure they are not that rich (well frankly they still can starve next portion  of population because, as Polish MEP Korwin-Mikke said - traditionally 10% goes to pockets of decision makers, continuously concerned by Polish security  :-)
    avatar
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2187
    Points : 3077
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:10 am

    magnumcromagnon wrote:

    You also said that about the Rafale deal for India. Very Happy ...BTW do you honestly believe the U.S. will allow France to muscle in on it's share of the arms market of NATO states and affiliated states?

    Yes, France has already edged out the US on major GCC contracts thanks to Obama's pussy policy. The F-35 is a dud and the Rafale is selling like hot cakes. NATO is broke so relying on those nations for exports is a lose-lose.


    _________________
    The true value of life knows only the paratrooper. For he is more likely to look death in the eye.  -- Vasily Margelov
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:23 am

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

    You also said that about the Rafale deal for India. Very Happy ...BTW do you honestly believe the U.S. will allow France to muscle in on it's share of the arms market of NATO states and affiliated states?

    Yes, France has already edged out the US on major GCC contracts thanks to Obama's pussy policy. The F-35 is a dud and the Rafale is selling like hot cakes.  NATO is broke so relying on those nations for exports is a lose-lose.    

    Rafale selling like hot cakes?  You sure about that?  List of countries purchasing Rafale is pretty low.  Biggest buyers are people seeking political maneuvers more than anything else.  It isn't a bad jet but over expensive for what you get.  So they may be able to reach the high values of Russian contracts, but with less actual sales of products.

    Not to mention, they sell a lot of gear to former French colonies and allied nations.  Russia just sells to whomever.

    If one looks at what France used to sell vs now, their sales are not nearly what it used to be, but that goes for pretty much everyone as well.  Russia (USSR in this case) used to give it on credit back in the day.  They still do now to some countries.

    India's contract with Russia on FGFA dwarfs Frances most deals and almost comes close to the entirety of that $15B total.

    par far

    Posts : 1459
    Points : 1618
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  par far on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:32 pm

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:

    Of course I might  be not correct but if I sign a contract, today, to sell 24 Su-35 with delivery  in 2020 then

    1) I add now $2 bln to a portfolio but exported nothing yet.
    2) I  get transfer for delivery in 2020 so I add $2 bln to exported results and deduct from portfolio.

    France did not export anything yet but added to portfolio $15bln.  I mean is supposed to add cause neither Indian nor Polish deals are not inked yet.

    Russia portfolio is over $50bln as Sputnik claims and last year export (ie shipments of goodies and transfers received) was on level of $15,5bln.

    Contracts close to sign by Russia? lately Egypt
    46 MiG-35 ~$2bln
    pending $1bln + S-300

    Still pending deal with iraq for $4,2bln-  

    I did not dig  anything though about deals with India wrt helos and Ils of China. Remember there is still June.

    We didn't sign anything major this year.  France stomped us on the export front.  When a contract is signed, a large payment is forwarded or financing is arranged.  Either way they log massive numbers, not to mention it is logged on top of what they normally do.


    Summing up - French are waning around about export but they sing just contrast to portfolio... comparing 15 France to 50+ Russian still looks rather dwarfey. But France 24 is lying on purpose -you know Russians are drunkards and loosers because IIWW was won by French imperial army Smile

    The French order book is quickly approaching ours.  




    Russia's "order book" can add another $10-$12 billion if starts selling weapons to Iran(the sanctions are a hurdle but if the sanctions are lifted, you can expect Russian arms companies in Iran like bees on honey). Iran's air force needs serious modernization(well their army and navy can use upgrades as weell but the air force is the big issue). I think will probably go for the Su 30ms or Su 35s(don't know what they would go for). I think Iran can be a gold mine if Russia decides to sell them weapons.
    avatar
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 892
    Points : 909
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 22
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian arms export is 5,5 times bigger then French.

    Post  OminousSpudd on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:47 pm

    Vladimir79 wrote:
    Yes, France has already edged out the US on major GCC contracts thanks to Obama's pussy policy. The F-35 is a dud and the Rafale is selling like hot cakes.  NATO is broke so relying on those nations for exports is a lose-lose.

    The countries that are buying the F-35 have already paid for them due to Lockheed Martin's marketing scheme.That money is not going to magically materialise so they can buy Rafales off of France.

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10509
    Points : 10986
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  George1 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:54 pm

    US-Russian arms competition will focus on India

    I’ve fallen behind on reprinting my Oxford Analytica briefs. Here’s one from late January, on US-Russian competition in arms sales. This version is slightly different from the originally published version, in that I have restored some material cut due to space constraints.

    ——-

    SIGNIFICANCE: India is the world’s largest arms importer and its primary suppliers are Russia and the United States. Although the two suppliers largely sell their weapons to different customers globally, Russian efforts to expand to new markets to compensate for declining sales to traditional partners will lead to increased competition with the United States in many parts of the world.

    ANALYSIS: Impacts

       The most likely new markets for Russian arms sales include South America, South-east Asia, Egypt and Pakistan.
       Russian competition with the United States in arms sales will be limited to a small number of countries.
       Defence firms offering technology transfers will have an edge in the Indian market.
       For decades, Russia and the United States have been the largest arms exporters in the world. From 2009 to 2013, Russia accounted for 27% of total world arms sales, while the United States was just ahead with 29%.
       Russian arms sales have been highly dependent on a few major customers, with India, China and Algeria accounting for over 60% of Russian purchases in the last five years.
       US arms sales are far more diversified, with the top three customers (Australia, South Korea and the United Arab Emirates) accounting for under 30% of total sales.

    Shifting markets for Russia

    The main targets of Russian weapon sales have been shifting:

    China

    Sales to China have declined as Beijing pursues a programme of domestic manufacturing of advanced weaponry. Many Chinese designs appear to be based on reverse-engineered Russian imports, particularly in fighter aircraft.

    Europe and the Middle East


    Russia has already lost other markets in Europe where many former Warsaw Pact countries are shifting to NATO equipment. Conflicts in the Middle East and North Africa have halted major sales to Libya and Syria.

    India

    Russian military industry is also worried about potential declines in purchases by India, its leading customer. The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) has reported that between 2009 and 2013 Russia supplied 75% of weapons imported by India. However, serious delays and cost overruns on major contracts, such as aircraft carrier Vikramaditya to India and Il-76 transport aircraft to China, have dented Russia’s reputation as a reliable partner for India.

    As a result, Delhi has sought to diversify its arms purchases. India chose French Rafale fighters in its multi-billion dollar Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) fighter tender and purchased helicopters and transport aircraft, as well as ASW aircraft, from the United States. India chose the American C-130J Super Hercules transport aircraft over Russia’s Il-76 plane. Moreover, India is looking to be 75% self-reliant in defence production by 2020-25, which is likely to result in declines in foreign arms purchases from both Russia and the United States.

    New markets

    Russia is actively seeking to expand its arms sales in South-east Asia, particularly Indonesia and Vietnam. Both are looking towards naval expansion and have in recent years bought aircraft, combat ships and infantry fighting vehicles from Russia. It is also seeking to sell diesel submarines to Thailand and has signed a deal to supply transport helicopters to Pakistan.

    Besides Asia, Russia has been actively looking for new customers for its arms in the Middle East. Russia has recently concluded significant contracts with Iraq for helicopters and air defence systems worth 4 billion dollars and Egypt for air defence systems worth 2 billion dollars. Negotiations are also under way for coastal defence systems, attack helicopters and MiG-35 fighter aircraft. Ten years after being forced out of the Iraq market by the US invasion, Russia has once again become a major supplier of air defence systems and helicopters to that country.

    It has also signed an agreement expanding military cooperation with Iran, with officials discussing the possibility of restoring the agreement to sell S-300 air defence systems with a possible upgrade to the more advanced S-400 system. Such sales would not violate the existing international sanctions regime.

    In Latin America, Russia has long had a reliable customer in Venezuela, which has in recent years bought missiles, tanks and armored vehicles from Russia. Russia is looking for new markets in the region and is hopeful of selling fighter aircraft to Brazil and Argentina. Russia has sold air defence systems to Brazil and hopes to develop a defence industrial partnership that might parallel its military cooperation with India.

    Russian competition with the United States

    Russia mostly seeks to sell arms to countries that are not able or interested in buying US weapons, either because the customer states are not partners of the United States or because the products are too expensive. Iran, Venezuela and China are not likely to become areas for competition in US-Russian arms sales. Egypt has turned to Russia in recent years because of a deterioration in relations with the United States in the aftermath of the 2013 military coup. Many African and South-east Asian countries choose Russian arms when they cannot afford US-made versions.

    India, a large unaligned country with a high level of military expenditures, is an attractive target for defense companies from both countries. Russia is also hoping to make inroads into Brazil and Argentina, two countries that have traditionally bought the majority of their weapons from the United States and its NATO allies.

    The sectors in which Russian weapons systems are considered equal or superior to Western equivalents include: air defence, fighter aircraft, helicopters, submarines and cruise missiles. These are the sectors in which Russia’s defence industry can compete with the most advanced Western suppliers, with weapons such as the S-300 air defence system, the Su-35 fighter jets and the Kilo class submarine being noteworthy. In other sectors, such as transport aircraft, drones, surface ships, tanks and armoured vehicles, the quality of Russian products is significantly inferior to that of the United States, and Russian exporters compete primarily on price.

    US strategy.

    International arms sales can offset reductions in US defence spending, helping to keep the US defence industrial base healthy. Arms sales also fit with the Obama administration’s goal of strengthening allies and partners so they can provide more security for themselves without relying on US support. The US government has revised its export control system and is trying to streamline the Arms Export Control Act to make arms transfers simpler.

    The combination of high-level policymaker attention, steady reforms and a volatile international security environment has resulted in an increase in US arms sales, thereby accelerating the competition with Russia.

    In fiscal year 2014, US arms sales worldwide totaled 34 billion dollars, up 4 billion dollars from the previous year and about three times greater than the pre-2006 average. By contrast, President Vladimir Putin yesterday announced that in 2014 Russia sold more than 15 billion dollars-worth of arms and that new signed orders stood at around 14 billion dollars.

    Outlook.

    The United States continues to dominate the defence trade with its traditional partners such as Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Japan. Yet it remains committed to maintaining or expanding ties to countries that Russia is also courting, such as Brazil, Argentina, India, Indonesia, Egypt and Pakistan.

    In 2014, the United States and India agreed to identify co-development and co-production opportunities as part of the US-India Defence Trade and Technology Initiative (DTTI). Industry sources report that surveillance UAVs may be the first batch of products sold.

    Since these products would be of particular use to India, especially in patrolling disputed areas with Pakistan, the United States may expect to see greater competition with Israel, a major drone manufacturer, shifting the Indian market towards higher-end products, and perhaps leaving fewer areas in which the main competition is with Russia.

    CONCLUSION:
    The Russian and US defence sectors will push for greater exports to offset constraints in the defence budgets of their own governments. India, with growing expenditures and skepticism about Russia’s reliability, appears to be opening further to the United States. Competition between the two manufacturers will also be seen in Latin America and South-east Asia, where the US ‘Asia pivot’ may help Washington win new customers.


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2967
    Points : 2998
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  max steel on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:40 pm

    usa pivot to asia will bring ne customers ? highly unlikely . asian nation cant afford usa weapons . Meanwhile i font think that latin ameruca will now be more dependent on ussa for its weapon supplies . Russia and China can pave in Latin america . Rest for India well yes they want to diversify their weapons but still ussa at present isnt that muchdeeply involved with indian defense as Russia . usa weapons are costly thus their total salesamount has exceeded russia's amount . But for a certain amount you can buy more in quantity .
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10509
    Points : 10986
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  George1 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:40 am



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10509
    Points : 10986
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  George1 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:56 pm



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10509
    Points : 10986
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  George1 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:05 pm

    India, China, Iraq Largest Importers of Russian Military Equipment - Report

    Asian countries have become the main importers of Russian military equipment amid sanction imposed by the US.


    MOSCOW (Sputnik) – India, China, and Iraq have received the most weapons and military equipment in 2014 from Russia’s state-run Rostec company, according to the company’s annual report published on Wednesday.

    “The deliveries of military equipment were sent to 59 countries. The company’s main importers were India (25 percent), China (22 percent), Iraq (22 percent), Syria (5 percent), and Venezuela (5 percent). Geographically, the main exports of military equipment went to Asia (75 percent), Latin America (9 percent), and the Middle East (7 percent),” the report shows.

    The company’s annual report also reflects that military exports to the former soviet republics have drastically dropped to $370 million in 2014 from $1.5 billion in 2013.

    The company fulfilled 9,400 contracts in 2014; that is 54 percent more than in 2013.

    However, western sanctions against Russia have raised Rostec's subsidiaries and could diminish the attractiveness of the corporation's projects for investors, the same report read.

    "Sanctions imposed by Western countries against the Russian Federation in relation to the Ukrainian crisis inevitably affected the corporation and its organizations. The sanctions are not aimed to affect the corporation but its subsidiaries, since the corporation receives no funding from abroad. The sanctions could harm investment attractiveness of the corporation's projects and the capitalization of its brand, as well as Rostec's profit received from the subsidiaries' shares and stocks," the report said.

    The corporation, which deals with hi-tech industrial products and military arms and equipment, noted that US sanctions specifically prohibited US citizens and legal entities from making any new financial transactions and provisioning new loans to Russian (citizens and legal entities) for a period of more than 30 days.

    "This prohibition applies to all the subsidiaries in which the corporation has, alone or together with other persons included on the sanctions list, with more than 50 percent of shares," the report said.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150722/1024911939.html#ixzz3gc4MuzYU


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10509
    Points : 10986
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  George1 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:22 pm



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10509
    Points : 10986
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  George1 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:16 am



    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1714
    Points : 1871
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  TheArmenian on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:32 pm

    Considering that the rear 1/3 part of the Mistrals are made in Russia's Baltisky Zavod, and now that the ships fully belong to France after price settlement. Should we consider that it was Russia who sold weapons to France? Should that go towards Rosoboronoexport's annual tally of orders?

    And if the boats get eventually sold to Egypt with the Russian communication equipment, that should make a total of a nice big order (1/3 of the ships + the comm. equipment) for Rosoboronoexport?
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3245
    Points : 3351
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:31 am

    TheArmenian wrote:Considering that the rear 1/3 part of the Mistrals are made in Russia's Baltisky Zavod, and now that the ships fully belong to France after price settlement. Should we consider that it was Russia who sold weapons to France? Should that go towards Rosoboronoexport's annual tally of orders?

    And if the boats get eventually sold to Egypt with the Russian communication equipment, that should make a total of a nice big order (1/3 of the ships + the comm. equipment)  for Rosoboronoexport?

    IMO yes, consider it a joint Russian-French sale to Egypt - that would be more accurate. Do include it in the total tally.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1570
    Points : 1608
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:06 pm

    Iraq and Saudi Arabia want to buy almost 1.5 thousand BMP-3

    http://gurkhan.blogspot.be/2015/09/15-3.html

    MOSCOW, September 30. /TASS/. Iraq plans to purchase from Russia 500 infantry fighting vehicles BMP-3, Saudi Arabia is going to buy a 950, told TASS first Vice-President and co-owner of this manufacturing equipment of the concern "tractor plants" albert Tanks.

    "We have a request from Iraq for 500 vehicles BMP-3, as well as from Saudi Arabia for 950 units," - said the Agency interlocutor.

    He noted that problems with orders, however, you must balance the orders for export and for the domestic market. "We in 2016 start Assembly-line production in order to fulfill all orders, but the run of the conveyor requires a great deal of work related to the supply of components," - said Tanks.
    According to him, Russia has completed the shipment of infantry fighting vehicles BMP-3 in Kuwait.
    "The shipment is finished, the extreme party has left customers", - said the Agency interlocutor.
    Specify the number of cars delivered, he did not.
    Tanks noted that colleagues from Kuwait expressed his desire to continue cooperation with Russia on the procurement of the equipment.
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4488
    Points : 4661
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:22 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:Iraq and Saudi Arabia want to buy almost 1.5 thousand BMP-3

    http://gurkhan.blogspot.be/2015/09/15-3.html

    MOSCOW, September 30. /TASS/. Iraq plans to purchase from Russia 500 infantry fighting vehicles BMP-3, Saudi Arabia is going to buy a 950, told TASS first Vice-President and co-owner of this manufacturing equipment of the concern "tractor plants" albert Tanks.

    "We have a request from Iraq for 500 vehicles BMP-3, as well as from Saudi Arabia for 950 units," - said the Agency interlocutor.

    He noted that problems with orders, however, you must balance the orders for export and for the domestic market. "We in 2016 start Assembly-line production in order to fulfill all orders, but the run of the conveyor requires a great deal of work related to the supply of components," - said Tanks.
    According to him, Russia has completed the shipment of infantry fighting vehicles BMP-3 in Kuwait.
    "The shipment is finished, the extreme party has left customers", - said the Agency interlocutor.
    Specify the number of cars delivered, he did not.
    Tanks noted that colleagues from Kuwait expressed his desire to continue cooperation with Russia on the procurement of the equipment.

    It's still kind of murky, and not completely confirmed.

    par far

    Posts : 1459
    Points : 1618
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Will Exports go up now?

    Post  par far on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:57 pm

    With the Russian Air Force bombing in Syria and showcasing some of the equipment, do you think that exports of Russian military hardware(especially fighter jet and military helicopters) go up?
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  sepheronx on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:06 am

    par far wrote:With the Russian Air Force bombing in Syria and showcasing some of the equipment, do you think that exports of Russian military hardware(especially fighter jet and military helicopters) go up?    

    Besides maybe helicopters, guided bomb orders or Su-30's, I don't think so. Su-34's are not for export at the moment, Su-24's are quite old and no one is purchasing unless for second hand use (maybe the Gefast & T upgrade could be now heavily involved in sales).
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10509
    Points : 10986
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  George1 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:38 am

    Russia's Arms Exporter Plans to Retain Deliveries at $12-$13Bln Annually

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151027/1029158373/russia-arms-sales.html#ixzz3plO36wqG


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1185
    Points : 1338
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 19
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    How can the US export more than Russia?

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:14 pm

    In the last decade we constantly hear of top notch weapon deals coming from rosoboronexport, from fighters to tanks,more than any other weapons exporters in the world, yet with all that it still is 2nd place while the US is still supposedly first.
    I want to ask one question. What the hell is the US exporting that it makes such a massive difference. It's illogical. Most  US  AFVs, with the exception of older ones like the m113 gavin or pattons officially have very few customers or none at all(in the last 20 years no US vehicle has been a winner in any western technological competition) so profit in the armor department doesn't seem to be very big these years. As for aircraft, the US did most the selling in the 80s-early 90s when their last new fighters came out, now, outside of giving rusted F-16s to vassals or ubiqitously supplying the joos, I haven't heard anything about some high level US military aviation being bought by anyone. As for naval technology, it's basically the same situation and france and germany seem to have far more success in that export field.This leaves small arms. Apart from giving them to terrorists for free, the US doesn't seem to be having much success here also in the last decade. So again, how is it possible for the US to be the #1 weapons exporter?
    avatar
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5357
    Points : 5588
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  Werewolf on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:38 pm

    KomissarBojanchev wrote:In the last decade we constantly hear of top notch weapon deals coming from rosoboronexport, from fighters to tanks,more than any other weapons exporters in the world, yet with all that it still is 2nd place while the US is still supposedly first.
    I want to ask one question. What the hell is the US exporting that it makes such a massive difference. It's illogical. Most  US  AFVs, with the exception of older ones like the m113 gavin or pattons officially have very few customers or none at all(in the last 20 years no US vehicle has been a winner in any western technological competition) so profit in the armor department doesn't seem to be very big these years. As for aircraft, the US did most the selling in the 80s-early 90s when their last new fighters came out, now, outside of giving rusted F-16s to vassals or ubiqitously supplying the joos, I haven't heard anything about some high level US military aviation being bought by anyone. As for naval technology, it's basically the same situation and france and germany seem to have far more success in that export field.This leaves small arms. Apart from giving them to terrorists for free, the US doesn't seem to be having much success here also in the last decade. So again, how is it possible for the US to be the #1 weapons exporter?

    US makes money with corruption not by actually selling for fair prices similiar to French trying to sell for 20 bln.

    Svyatoslavich

    Posts : 333
    Points : 342
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Buenos Aires

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  Svyatoslavich on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:21 am

    The US has customers among most of the biggest military expenditure in the world: all NATO members (28 countries!), Saudi Arabia, Israel, Japan, Australia, South Korea, Singapore. The F-35 is a huge international program involving dozens of customers and the closest to it Russia has is the PAK FA program, shared with just one customer, India. Russia has only two big military clients, none of which is 100% dependent: China (which can produce more and more locally) and India (which started buying a lot from the US in the last decade), and some other much smaller ones. So yes, there isn't much to argue about the US being the first exporter of weapons and military equipment in the world.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:53 pm