Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

max steel

Re: Russia's Arms Export Level ($ billions)

Post  max steel on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:29 am

But still if you look at Market share US has 29% meanwhile Russia has 27% followed by China at 3rd place pipping Germany with 7-8% International weapons market share.

I've shared it already in How Russia+China catching to US thread.
    George1

Post  George1 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:22 am

It's simple. USA has cordial relations with a number of developed countries which can spend more on arms. Think only theor NATO allies

Militarov

Post  Militarov on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:05 am

List of some of the biggest military companies and their sales.

Source: http://www.sipri.org

Backinblack

Post  Backinblack on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:09 am

New analytics of 2015 arms trade. Russia on 2-nd position

http://mil.today/2015/Weapons14/

Austin

Post  Austin on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:13 pm

Russia’s Current Arms Export Contracts Portfolio Totals Over $54 Billion

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160329/1037121880/russia-military-export-sales.html#ixzz44IFisFTX

SANTIAGO (Sputnik) – Russia’s arms export contracts portfolio is currently estimated at $54 billion, the deputy head of the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation said.

"In regard to the contracts portfolio, as of today it is more than $54 billion," Anatoly Punchuk told RIA Novosti in an interview on the sidelines of an arms exhibition in Chile.
    George1

Post  George1 on Thu May 19, 2016 12:36 am

Russia to receive $14 bln from miltary hardware export in 2016 — official

More:
    http://tass.ru/en/defense/876521

JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Russian President Vladimir Putin has added information on government policies in the area of military-technical cooperation with foreign countries to the list of state secrets, according to a decree posted on Tuesday of the government's legal information website.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The document assigns the responsibility for managing such information to the Foreign Ministry, the Defense Ministry and the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation.

According to the new decree, "the unauthorized and premature dissemination of information on certain actions aimed at the implementation of government policies in the sphere of military-technical cooperation could harm Russia's national security."

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/russia/201611221047719591-putin-russia-military-exports/
    George1

Post  George1 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:52 am

Russia signs export defense contracts worth over $9 bln in 2016

Russia signed 18 international agreements in the sphere of military and technical cooperation

MOSCOW, April 11. /TASS/. Russia signed export defense contracts worth over $9 billion last year, Director of the Federal Service for Military and Technical Cooperation Dmitry Shugayev said on Tuesday.

"Russian contractors engaged in military and technical cooperation signed contracts worth over $9 billion in 2016," Shugayev said as he spoke in the Russian Foreign Ministry’s Diplomatic Academy on the topic: "Russia’s Military and Technical Cooperation with Foreign Countries."

In 2016, 55 sessions of inter-governmental commissions, committees and working groups on the issues of military and technical cooperation with Russia’s foreign partners were held, he added.

The work to develop comprehensive post-warranty services for supplied arms and also to set up and re-equip maintenance centers on the territory of foreign customers is an important area of military and technical cooperation, he noted.

"Today this is an essential requirement set to the producers and suppliers of military products," he said.
    18 international agreements

Russia signed 18 international agreements in the sphere of military and technical cooperation last year, according to Shugayev.

"In 2016, 18 international agreements in the sphere of military and technical cooperation were signed and the deliveries of Russian military products to 52 countries were made while the number of our partners in the field of military and technical cooperation exceeds a hundred of states," Shugayev said.

Shugayev noted that Europe was number four on the list of Russian military export recipients in 2016, while Asian countries held first place.

"On the 2016 list of the world’s regions that receive Russia’s military export products Asia was number one with 53%, Africa, second with 42%, North and South America with 3% and Europe 2%," Shugayev said.

Contacts with the Philippines were on the ascent.

"The Philippines has taken interest in various Russian weapon systems, armored vehicles, firearms, helicopters and naval technologies in the first place. This market looks promising to Russian providers," Shugayev said.

More:
    http://tass.com/defense/940773

franco

Post  franco on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 am

Russian companies in the World's Top 100 Defense Contractors;

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2747484.html
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:28 am

You have to put things in perspective too...

If I export diamond rings and sell two rings for a million dollars each in one year, then comparing that to someone selling cheap rings for $150 each who sells ten thousand a year... am I really the bigger exporter of rings, or am I just making the most money?

I have seen dollar value comparisons but when the US oversells stuff to Arab countries who are actually buying protection then the numbers will always be wrong.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    franco

Post  franco on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:23 pm

GarryB wrote:You have to put things in perspective too...

If I export diamond rings and sell two rings for a million dollars each in one year, then comparing that to someone selling cheap rings for $150 each who sells ten thousand a year... am I really the bigger exporter of rings, or am I just making the most money?

I have seen dollar value comparisons but when the US oversells stuff to Arab countries who are actually buying protection then the numbers will always be wrong.

Was thinking something similar when I posted as I wondered what the total units delivered comparison would actually be?
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:05 am

The recent sales to Saudi have been not just at gold plated prices, but solid gold encrusted with jewels prices, which really must skew the numbers badly.

Of course to get the US and west to look the other way with what they are doing in Yemen they needed some way of paying big money into a few peoples pockets...

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:20 pm

IIRC, they don't even list Chinese companies (because they don't have enough information available on them, or something), which already makes it a joke.

Yeah, what exactly are even included in those Saudi and other Arab arms deals? The amounts (of dollars) are insane. Star destroyers? 10,000 Abrams? 1000 F-35s? I'm honestly crious. How do Saudis even keep that shit operational? (Yeah, I know the answer: they don't.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:55 pm