Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+61
Cyberspec
sepheronx
x_54_u43
Project Canada
victor1985
JohninMK
Book.
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
OminousSpudd
marcinko
Flanky
Neutrality
Regular
Strizh
Voskhod
Zivo
max steel
Stealthflanker
Kimppis
ahmedfire
AlfaT8
George1
AbsoluteZero
kvs
Kyo
mutantsushi
Big_Gazza
Mike E
AirCargo
navyfield
arpakola
Vann7
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
gaurav
Firebird
collegeboy16
xeno
zg18
milky_candy_sugar
coolieno99
Hachimoto
SOC
Mindstorm
Werewolf
Deep Throat
dino00
Viktor
flamming_python
Austin
Sujoy
TR1
fredleander
Pervius
Hoof
Andy_Wiz
GarryB
nightcrawler
Ogannisyan8887
Admin
65 posters

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1 - Page 26 Empty Re: Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1

Post  Cyberspec Sat May 16, 2015 11:23 am

Just saw this on RT....major fuk up Mad
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1 - Page 26 Empty Re: Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1

Post  Big_Gazza Sat May 16, 2015 11:40 am

I really don't understand what the feck is going on with Proton launches... this vehicle was solid and reliable during the 80s and 90s, yet now they can't get more than a few aloft before another failure? Proton isn't some experimental low-budget start-up but a tried and tested established and mature design. I'm not prone to paranoia (?) but this just looks like the work of saboteurs. At the very least, some real heat needs to come down on the heads of the Krunichev and Roskosmos bosses.
    AirCargo
    AirCargo

Russian Space Program: News & Discussion #1 - Page 26 Empty Russia: Space News and Discussion

Post  AirCargo Sat May 16, 2015 11:47 am

RT 06:40

ISS could not correct orbit due to Progress spacecraft engine failure

The International Space Station could not correct its orbit due to a problem with the engine of the Progress M-26M cargo spacecraft, currently docked to it. The engine didn’t start on time, preventing the planned orbit correction, according to a Russian Federal Space Agency source. Experts believe the control system malfunctioned, leading to troubles with the engine. The source says the next attempt to carry out the correction could take place within a week of consultations with NASA experts. ISS must constantly correct its orbit in order to keep from re-entering Earth’s atmosphere.

Can only hope this will not become a disaster.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat May 16, 2015 1:04 pm

Would be epic shit if ISS would burn up in atosphere. What times we are living in
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat May 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Regular wrote:Would be epic shit if ISS would burn up in atosphere. What times we are living in

Honestly, I kinda hope it does. The whole thing was advertised as a international scientific project but in practice it turned out to be nothing more than political PR stunt. Recent events have proven that beyond any doubt but it was hardly a news before.
    Do you know that crew members from one country are not even allowed to enter modules that belong to other without special permission? International my ass, forget those photo-ops and other PR BS, at least with Mir and Skylab there was lot less crap of this type.

As for Proton, lemme guess: Briz-M? Shocker... Rolling Eyes
    That junk should have been dropped after Phobos Grunt fiasco. Instead those crooks would just smile and cross their fingers next time.
    Development of Angara was constantly delayed because previous set of criminals wanted to keep using that toxic pile of crap and because of that Angara is over decade late already.

I hope Proton has several more consecutive crashes after this. That should get those idiots to drop the whole thing and switch to Angara ASAP. Even in experimental stage it is superior, less toxic and safer than Proton.

They kept using Proton so they deserve to lose money and reputation. No pity from me, they asked for it and they got their wish.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sat May 16, 2015 1:54 pm

Well the president has been notified. Some serious heat is going to come down on the heads of Roskosmos.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat May 16, 2015 2:13 pm

Yeah sure, like last time. And before. And before
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat May 16, 2015 10:04 pm

An investigation is underway. The head of Roscosmos was the one contacted the PM/President and stated the oddity of the situation. So it sounds like there was some sort of sabotage in this case.

http://tass.ru/en/russia/795106

I hope they find someone and make an example of them.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sat May 16, 2015 10:49 pm

They were launching mexican sats .
    AbsoluteZero
    AbsoluteZero

Post  AbsoluteZero Sun May 17, 2015 1:34 am

Are space launch operations more susceptible to sabotage in Baikonur because its in Kazakhstan? If all rocket launches are relocated to RF soil (Plesetsk + Vostochny) is there lesser risk of foreign sabotage? And if there are attempts, will it be dealth with more efficiently and prevented?
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun May 17, 2015 11:36 am

I just posted a video last year of the proton that exploded.. and anyone could clearly see
    an object moving into the direction proton was flying.. and when is about to collide is when
    the engine fails..  

and actually there have been indications of sabotage before..

An investigation into the Proton-M rocket crash in April 2013 conducted by the Federal Security Service (FSB) has resulted in establishing general proof that foreign matter could have been deliberately placed into crucial components of the booster in order to provoke malfunction – at the factory where the boosters are assembled.

http://rt.com/news/165024-proton-booster-sabotage-investigation/

In that report  15 assemblers were tested against a lie detectors.. also mentions people
    enssambling rockets earn only $1,000 a month? it will be easy to bribe them to do a sabotage to damage Russia space industry..  

It doesn't mention which nation.. but doesn't take a genius to know which country will benefit more from sabotage of Russia space industry..  Naturally the RUssia government will deny
    any sabotage for political reasons and solve things behind cameras.. But they will need to do something radical and chop heads if anyone intentionally is behind the proton crash..

Russia space program have to be infiltrated by many foreign spies that are hoping to shut it down its progress for at least at 3-5 years and with luck much more. Trying to figure out what the problem could be.  Already the FSB have said foreign components placed on their engines evidence .. exist..  So a major radical change needs to be done and kick the security behind the rockets.. if that means moving the space center to another place then it will need to be done.

any case sabotage or not .. incompetence is there.. and heads will need to rolls and things
    dramatically change.. otherwise no matter how safe the rocket is designed ,it will crash if
    there are criminals sabotaging the rockets.. it will not be a surprise if US government behind it.
    They have a long history of industrial terrorism .. for political and economical advantage.

Flanky
    Flanky

Post  Flanky Sun May 17, 2015 2:35 pm

I see the pattern as well. Proton was reliable until just recently when these things started to occur. And not only Proton was problematic as we all know. But the biggest mysterious failure was that of the Phobos Grunt. If you know history of Soviet interplanetary missions then you would know that Soviets made attempts to get to the Phobos already before and these missions have failed under mysterious circumstances. I had a gut feeling this one would fail as well, and it did. We all know the official blabbering but unofficially there was a trange presence of electrons that caused both the onboard flight computers (primary and secondary one) to regularly restart. It is virtually impossible to have such a software glitch as software for every flight computer is being developed with differrent team of programmers against the same specification. So the chances of both teams making the same mistake in writing the software is virtually zero... There was an external interference in this case and this knowledge is considered to be a public secret in the space circles.

http://www.spacesafetymagazine.com/space-debris/phobos-grunt/grief-concern-russian-phobos-grunt-failure/

I would not be surprised that recent Russian rocket failures are also somehow connected. I personally fear that space has been weaponized long time ago and that this fact has been hidden from the public. Particle beam weapons that are said to be in development today have been in development in 1980s as we know. Some of them have been probably successfully developed and put into orbit. Other than external deliberate interference i cannot imagine that Russian space industry which worked very well even during problematic 90s is suddenly on its own experiencing problems... no. This is because of external interference - to put it blutnly a sabotage...
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon May 18, 2015 5:43 am

Flanky wrote:I see the pattern as well. Proton was reliable until just recently when these things started to occur. And not only Proton was problematic as we all know. But the biggest mysterious failure was that of the Phobos Grunt. If you know history of Soviet interplanetary missions then you would know that Soviets made attempts to get to the Phobos already before and these missions have failed under mysterious circumstances. I had a gut feeling this one would fail as well, and it did. We all know the official blabbering but unofficially there was a trange presence of electrons that caused both the onboard flight computers (primary and secondary one) to regularly restart. It is virtually impossible to have such a software glitch as software for every flight computer is being developed with differrent team of programmers against the same specification. So the chances of both teams making the same mistake in writing the software is virtually zero... There was an external interference in this case and this knowledge is considered to be a public secret in the space circles.

http://www.spacesafetymagazine.com/space-debris/phobos-grunt/grief-concern-russian-phobos-grunt-failure/

I would not be surprised that recent Russian rocket failures are also somehow connected. I personally fear that space has been weaponized long time ago and that this fact has been hidden from the public. Particle beam weapons that are said to be in development today have been in development in 1980s as we know. Some of them have been probably successfully developed and put into orbit. Other than external deliberate interference i cannot imagine that Russian space industry which worked very well even during problematic 90s is suddenly on its own experiencing problems... no. This is because of external interference - to put it blutnly a sabotage...

I tend to agree that it is not random.

http://sputniknews.com/science/20150516/1022211582.html

Saturday’s launch was initially scheduled for April 29 but was postponed at Boeing’s request, as the company required additional time for satellite testing.

The sabotage could have been a device in the Mexican satellite being launched or it could have been zapped from orbit.
    The real world of big power politics is all about dirty tricks. Like MH17 and I would say the sinking of the Kursk. But
    it is common to attribute these "messages" that big powers send to each other as random events and due to simple incompetence
    or failure.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon May 18, 2015 6:09 am

kvs wrote:
    The sabotage could have been a device in the Mexican satellite being launched or it could have been zapped from orbit.
    The real world of big power politics is all about dirty tricks.   Like MH17 and I would say the sinking of the Kursk.   But
    it is common to attribute these "messages" that big powers send to each other as random events and due to simple incompetence
    or failure.

Indeed a bomb in the satellite could have done it..Russia will need to inspect any American technology that enters in their Rockets..

BUt also a simple space mine with control remote boosters could easily be deployed in the flight path of any rocket ,if you know the trajectory. Russia will seriously need to increase is security in Space and observe any hidden weapons deploying by Americans in Space.

I remember when the proton rocket exploded in space a year or more ago.. and pointed
    that it was intercepted with a projectile.. and everyone was calling me a conspiration nut..
    Now we see more and more evidence of sabotages , and the directly of Roscosmos and FSB
    saying that.. but the Russian government later for politics deny it..  Because accepting that
    Americans intercepted their rocket will mean war...

In my opinion the whole space program of Russia is at risk.. until Russia do something to make
    sure the americans will not continue with their practices , they will need to use lethal forces and start shutting down american rockets to space and their satellites until they get the message.

Here is the previous rocket that exploded..

AT 8:40 you can clearly see without any zooming a tiny white visible object that was in the flight path of the proton rocket.. and that in the moment the engines fails is when the object pass near.. it had to be a space mine.. just like the ones Americans have in SM-3 missiles ,but that was not launched by a military rocket.. but by a military satellite

If you know the trajectory of any space rocket ,and its speed ,it can be easy its interception..
    People are claiming it was an UFO.. but it was not.. just a projectile or a explosive mine in space.. , it will be not hard for americans to fill space with mines near the place Russian rockets
    will travel to space and detonate the mine when rocket close.. because of the fast speed of the rocket any small fragment will penetrate the rocket..and damage it..

So we have now evidence of Different ways of sabotage to the Proton rocket. from internal sabotage to space mines.. If Russia does not give an ultimatum to americans and demand payment for the damages , they will have to declare a space war against USA ,and shutdown all their satellites or any thing they could use as a weapon or abandon their space program..

Flanky
    Flanky

Post  Flanky Mon May 18, 2015 1:56 pm

Well there is no doubt that Americans have interfered with Russian space activities but its the other way arround as well. Russians have some space weapons as well, or had... But US is trying to discredit Russia as reliable partner for space vehicle delivery so that US companies will get the contracts to put the satellites into orbit... How about to test some Russian particle beam weapons from ground and knock out couple of American satellites... perhaps then they will think twice if to interfere or not...
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue May 19, 2015 2:08 am

If sabotage is really a contributing factor to recent launch woes in the Russian space industry, I'm betting it is more likely that it is a saboteur cell in Russian industry, corrupted by either large monetary payments or motivated by divisive politics.  It only takes a few individuals in the right place & time to inflict critical damage on vehicles when no-one is looking (eg switching the yaw sensors on a proton in storage, crimping a fuel line in an upper stage, loading excessive fuel) and the mission will be a bust.

If true, the Russian gov will play it cool while it tries to ferret them out, as its not the sort of thing one admits to openly.  Not only is it an embarrassment, it would alert the saboteurs to the sleuths who are searching for them.

Of course, it could be simple incompetence, corruption, laziness and stupidity, and/or the result of the brain-drain of the Russian space community over 2+ decades of chronic under-funding...
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue May 19, 2015 2:57 am

Well, it all depends. If it is sabotage in terms of manufactured equipment, then they will have to move the plants or fire people, or open a security sector to it that does investigations continuously on each person. Offer the workers more money but also state that if they are caught (and that they will be heavily watched) doing anything suspicious, they are out the door.

If it is something due to the satellite itself, not much can be done. Just limit what objects you send into space from which countries and which companies. Ban Boeing, Lockheed, or any other one.

If it is something to do with in space that USA used a weapon, call them out on it and start weaponizing space yourself. Next time they do it again, provide enough evidence and take out the responsible satellite.
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Tue May 19, 2015 2:48 pm

Deputy PM Dmitry Rogozin wrote:The reasons for the high accident rate in the Russian space sphere is the moral decay of the industry management, said on Tuesday May 19 Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin at the State Duma

"With this decomposition in the management of companies it shouldn't be a surprise such a high accident rate. Space chiefs have long dwelt in their 'space'. I hope that the strength of legal gravity will take them to where they should be," — said Rogozin.

http://ria.ru/space/20150519/1065332407.html

Proton-M spacecraft crash caused by old deficiency in engine design - Rogozin

The other factor leading to crashes, Dmitry Rogozin said, is the low level of wages in the industry. "People must be paid worthy salaries," the deputy premier said. "Take a look at Rosatom [State Nuclear Energy Corporation], which functions normally because their young specialists are getting paid, if you excuse me, more than I am in the capacity of the deputy prime minister, and it is normal, it is the right thing," Rogozin added.
    Flanky
    Flanky

Post  Flanky Tue May 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Well if it was just a sabotage from within... well that wouldn't have been so hard to deal with. However i fear that it is a mix of factors to which US is contributing heavily...
    If one looks at how cheap Russian space missions are compared to the US then one might see that somehow it has to have an effect on salaries of workers. If those salaries are the only problem then lets fire the management that is too old and incompetent to give employees a happy life and work balance... put there new people that are able to reflect current trends.
    If America is a contributing factor which i believe is... it is time to show them that every action they make in this matter will have a corresponding proportional reaction....
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue May 19, 2015 11:00 pm

Russia government will always deny sabotage of Americans for severals reasons..
    to avoid being forced into respond with a similar response and provoke a war or
    nation prestige..   But behind the scenes ,insults and warning of war should be happening.

You only have to see what happened to the sinking of the Kursk. It  was an American
    Submarine who sink it.. it was an accident but still they did it..and all the generals of the navy at the time of the practices were saying it..that americans killed the sailors of the kursk..
    the head of the CIA personally travels to moscow apologize for the terrible accident.
    Putin goes blackmail Clinton with the incident behind the scenes.. telling them of very serious
    consequences for US navy for what happened if they does not recognize their crime and reparations paid..  Then all said.. Clinton forgive the external debt of Russia and give a new loan with 0% interest.. So essentially Putin negotiate forgiveness of the accident  for money and americans accept.. It was good deal and it helped Russia its economy enourmously.
    Later Putin and the government controlled media ,prepares a report that white wash the incident.. as a torpedo malfunction.

The important thing here is that people understand..that what Putin or Rogozing or Russian government says on public the media ,is not always the same thing ,of what they discuss with
    US government in private channels..   The perfect example is the previous Scandal that Putin told on interview.. that US embassy in Azerbaijan was in direct communication and assistance
    with the Chechen Terrorist fighting the Russian army. Supplying them logistic and transportation and money.. and it took how long for Putin to confess that truth to the public? 15 years?

All said.. The Russian government , usually never release any information that is very sensitive
    to the public ,that could get relations with the west to the not turning point and provoke a world war 3 ,that could be avoided through diplomatic ways.

So a major sabotage could be happening against Russia space program by United States.. lets say some factions there.. but Russian Government will deny it.. if they manage to solve things
    first via diplomatic ways and $ reparations.  however this cannot continue for long.. and Russia will need to seriously operate in space ,with extreme security ,not only about an internal hardware failure..but with foreign nation terrorist attack on their rockets with a missile or energy gun. Americans are moving into the weaponization of space.. and Russia better not be
    the last one to deploy energy weapons in space to shut down satellites ,or NASA space rockets if needed. NASA is not only used for civilians purposes.. there is many videos ,that explain ,they have been weaponizing space for some time already. Their X-37 mini space shuttle for example could be used to deploy mines in space or satellites with the capability to sabotage other satellites.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed May 20, 2015 6:00 am

The draft law on the state Corporation "Roscosmos" was passed on first reading unanimously

This will be the start to help fix these issues. Might I suggest they also get Rostec heavily involved? They seemed to have fixed majority of the enterprises they have been involved in (Kalashnikov, UOMZ, etc).
    marcinko
    marcinko

Post  marcinko Wed May 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Let`s not kid each other, that is old school bad QC. Period.

Sabotage ? Lame excuse, President Putin really has to go Stalin on those bastards responsible. attack
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu May 21, 2015 4:26 am

marcinko wrote:Let`s not kid each other, that is old school bad QC. Period.

Sabotage ? Lame excuse, President Putin really has to go Stalin on those bastards responsible. attack

The Proton always fails at the Breeze-M stage. If the rest of it can have normal QC, then why would the final
    stage have such grossly distorted failure statistics. Nope, the sabotage is real. Where there is a will, there is
    a way. And Uncle Sam has plenty of will. Russia is bar none the main competition to the US dominance of both
    commercial and military space. America operates like a collection of gangsters. Any dirty trick will be used to
    secure its business interests.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu May 21, 2015 11:22 am

kvs wrote:
    marcinko wrote:Let`s not kid each other, that is old school bad QC. Period.

The Proton always fails at the Breeze-M stage.   If the rest of it can have normal QC, then why would the final
    stage have such grossly distorted failure statistics.   Nope, the sabotage is real.   Where there is a will, there is
    a way.  And Uncle Sam has plenty of will.   Russia is bar none the main competition to the US dominance of both
    commercial and military space.   America operates like a collection of gangsters.   Any dirty trick will be used to
    secure its business interests.

Briz-M has had a bad run, and had its share of reliability problems, but many Proton failures have had nothing to do with the 4th stage:

Proton fail 05-12-2010 (Glonass x3) - vehicle was lost due to excessive fuel loaded to upper stage, which resulted in too much weight and an inability to reach orbit.

Proton fail 02-07-2013 (Glonass x3) - vehicle lost control immediately on launch. Fault was traced to yaw sensors installed upside down.

Proton fail 15-5-2014 (Express AM4R) - Proton third stage vernier (steering) engine failure at T+542 seconds due to turbo-pump pipe leak (or bearing failure?)

And now we have MexSat-1 failing in circumstances that appear very similar to Express AM4R. Given that the Proton 3rd stage has been reliable for the previous 30 years, this looks suspicious to say the least...
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu May 21, 2015 11:46 am

Gotta laugh at the unfounded paranoia here

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:49 am