Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Putin's New Ride: The New ZIL-4112P

Firebird
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Putin's New Ride: The New ZIL-4112P

Post  Firebird on Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:17 pm

It was interesting to read about the plans for a whole range of exec Russian cars.

I was on a call a while back and was doodling some ideas for what I'd want. I wound up with something a lot like one of the Marussia designs. Basically an aerodynamic type thing. Like a modernised version of the 1980s Aston  Martin Lagonda saloon.

I think it would be nice for the new presidential car to be something striking, yet uniquely beautiful. A bit like a mix between a Lamborghini and a Mig... for the road.

The design above is very nice, but it looks v much like a Rolls Royce, with a high waist line. Why copy Merc, Rolls etc? I think the idea is "Russia has its own way, equally as beautiful as the others"..

collegeboy16
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  collegeboy16 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:34 am

Id like to see typhoon apc pimped up to be aluxury limo. clown 

flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  flamming_python on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:51 am

Viktor wrote:

LINK

DAT'S WHAT I'M SAYIN' NIGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Shame it's just a render. Russia is not nearly cool enough to come up with a car like that  Neutral 

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Regular wrote:Yeah.. More square shaped Volga is strong in fleshed out concept. It's like they spat in the face to everyone that believed it will be modern classic. They should buy license from MB or any other well developed brand. I don't see problem by buying couple foreign cars too. I doubt that few orders from president will change sad state of cars in Russia.  To expect something good is like expect Stephen Hawkins to pass maroon beret trial.
    No offense to Russians, but Your all You civilian autoprom should be sent to gulags for re-education. You have countless car designers and engineers working for foreign companies, You have people who have golden hands, why they have to leave to fulfil their talents?

When Russia will start making cars in price range from 50000 to 80000 euros, then I would expect decent limousine version. And yeah I know that there loads of Russians(Kalingrad rulit I razrulit) who pay even more for those cars and even take to Lithuania to get polyvinyl body covers and custom interiors. Market for luxury cars in Russia is massive, domestic manufacturers are ignoring gold mine.

People buy Kalinas and other "triperoids" then most likely they will not have money to go to service and rather go to Petya Fedya Vasya to their garages or just use duck tape to fix their cars. Plus they exploit their cars for long time and that doesn't help as demand in the market will be exhausted eventually.
    People who are more successful in their beautiful country and don't moan how life is bad under Putin and how hard is without communism helping hand usually splash money on new cars and other things.
    It's not mafia who owns money anymore, I know loads of Muscovites who earn almost same amount of money like they would in UK or elsewhere in EU. Opportunities are there, if people live bad it's their fault not NATO or Putin's Very Happy
    Middle class usually don't care much about fuel consumption, high RPMs, they are going to service, they spend fortune on simple luxuries and they upgrade to new cars in very short time. They are the fuel for internal consumption engine:)

Cant expect everything to change so fast. Actually, it was only recently that people in Russia are seeing such huge pay rates. Automarket in Russia seems to mostly be about affordability over luxury, and I agree; they need to work in that area too. Would be cool to see a car designed by Mikoyan Smile

Just recently Avtovaz was saved with the introduction of new managers (French) and the Granta car. There is also a whole shlew of other manufacturers, but most of them make popular makes under license. But none in luxury besides maybe Marussia which is just really specialized. They need to look at maybe seeking Mercedes to start manufacturing in Russia. Here in Canada, if 1,000 cars are sold here, it has to be 1,000 cars using Canadian parts or assembled in Canada or there is a massive tarrif, like 200%. So it becomes profitable for companies to open manufacturing here as there are still a lot of buyers.

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:00 pm

True Russian luxury:

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:04 am

Russian leaders’ limousines may be reinforced with nanostructured ceramic armor

Russia has held trials in 2015 to test new ceramic armor created by NEVZ-Ceramics for the Kurganets, Bumerang and Armata combat platforms

NOVOSIBIRSK, July 21. /TASS/. Nanostructured ceramic armor made by a Novosibirsk enterprise in East Siberia may be used to produce limousines for Russia’s top officials, according to reports revealed on Tuesday during Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev’s visit to the region.

The premier visited the factory NEVZ-Ceramics operated by Russia’s hi-tech state corporation Rusnano where he was showed nano-ceramics used as the armor for elite special force units.

"Ceramics can also be used for protecting state officials’ cars," NEVZ-Ceramics CEO Oleg Medvedko told the premier.

The premier suggested the enterprise should use the innovations in the Cortege project envisaging the production of domestic limousines for top officials.

"You should participate in this," Medvedev said.

The premier turned to Deputy Industry and Trade Minister Sergey Tsyba and said: "Consider this for the Cortege project."

The Cortege project envisages the manufacture of domestic limousines for the country’s top officials. It stipulates developing a range of cars on a modular platform, including a minivan, a sedan and an off-road vehicle while a domestic limousine will be the main model under the project.

The Ulyanovsk auto plant (UAZ) will manufacture off-road vehicles. The project is expected to reach the stage of serial production by 2018.

Russia has held trials in 2015 to test new ceramic armor created by NEVZ-Ceramics for the Kurganets, Bumerang and Armata combat platforms. The combat hardware demonstrated at the Moscow Parade on May 9, 2015 to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Soviet Union’s victory over Nazi Germany in World War Two was already reinforced with the factory’s new ceramic armor.

Nanostructured ceramics are also used to protect the Army’s personnel and transport vehicles. The Russian premier was demonstrated armor plates featuring less weight and increased protection.

"A bullet disintegrates when it hits the armor while the armor remains almost without any deformation," NEVZ-Ceramics Head Medvedko said.

NEVZ-Ceramics is a Russian company established in 2011 by Rusnano and NEVZ-Soyuz. The company manufactures products made of nanostructured ceramics and used in various sectors of industry such as machine-building, radio-electronics, the defense, chemical and petrochemical industry, and also in nuclear power engineering and healthcare.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:04 am

First Russian limousines for top government official to appear in 2017

The Kortezh project provides for creation of a series of cars, including both land rovers and business class cars, for Russia’s top state officials

MOSCOW, August 21 /TASS/. The first pilot batch of Russian-made limousines for top state officials is to appear in Russia in late 2017, Russian Minister of Commerce and Industry Denis Manturov told journalists on Friday as part of preparations for the MAKS-2015 international air show.

He said that all the models will be based on a single "Kortezh" (cortege) framework.

"The project is to be implemented in the first quarter of 2018 but the first batch is to be produced by 2017," Manturov explained.

Dependent on next year’s foreign exchange difference, it may be necessary to allocate some additional funds from the state budget, which has already been prepared, Manturov said adding he did not see any problems in implementing this project.

The Kortezh project provides for creation of a series of cars, including both land rovers and business class cars, for Russia’s top state officials. The project will be realized by the Central Scientific Research Automobile and Automotive Institute, which deals with integration of development processes carried out by Russian and foreign companies.

In 2014, the Russian Ministry of Commerce and Industry chose Sollers as the main producer of its "Kortezh" model range, including a land rover, a microbus, a sedan and a limousine. Sollers will cooperate with Russian State Corporations Rostech and Rosavto.

A total of 12.4 billion roubles (181.9 million US dollars) will be invested in the Kortezh project in the course of four years.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:45 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:45 am