India's Power - growing MIC

type055
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Re: India's Power - growing MIC

Post  type055 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:14 pm

higurashihougi wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    If they really wanted they could crush Vietnam without much of resistance from global stage.

Global stage will not give much resistance, but Vietnam will. Vietnam never wants wars, but knows how to create nightmare for the invaders.

The only way for China to make Vietnam submit, is simply killed all 77 millions of Vietnamese in this world. If it dares to.

But the most important things is that, Vietnam NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER wants to make a war with China. So basically the Brahmos serves as an iconic message at most.

eh~we don't want to fight with you too, generally speaking normal chinese don't know much about vietnam~ I guess most vietnamese don’t know nowaday china ~

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:36 pm

@Type 55: I understand, normal people do not want a war because all the economic achievements in decades will be erased in an instant. Not to mention that we will never see our beloved ones again.

BTW, thinking about Tejas... wonder if it is a good candidate for replacing the old MiG-21.

As far as I know Vietnamese articles tend to support a batch of Dassault Mirage 2000. I personally like a MiG-29.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:50 pm

higurashihougi wrote:@Type 55: I understand, normal people do not want a war because all the economic achievements in decades will be erased in an instant. Not to mention that we will never see our beloved ones again.

BTW, thinking about Tejas... wonder if it is a good candidate for replacing the old MiG-21.

As far as I know Vietnamese articles tend to support a batch of Dassault Mirage 2000. I personally like a MiG-29.

- Tejas should be able to replace it... It just needs to be more reliable and live up to expectations.

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:22 pm

MR. Lê Hải Bình, the speaker of Vietnamese Foreign Ministry said he is uncertain about the Brahmos deal.

http://hanoimoi.com.vn/Tin-tuc/Doi-ngoai/704447/xac-minh-thong-tin-viet-nam-mua-ten-lua-chong-ham-brahmos
    http://www.doisongphapluat.com/tin-tuc/su-kien-hang-ngay/se-kiem-tra-thong-tin-viet-nam-mua-ten-lua-brahmos-cua-an-do-a50232.html

Interviewer: Can the Foreign Ministry verify the information that Vietnam will buy cruise missile Brahmos from India ?

Mr. Lê Hải Bình: We will re-check and re-examine the information that you have shown.

So whether Vietnam will buy Brahmos or not, we will have to wait.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:35 pm

higurashihougi wrote:MR. Lê Hải Bình, the speaker of Vietnamese Foreign Ministry said he is uncertain about the Brahmos deal.

http://hanoimoi.com.vn/Tin-tuc/Doi-ngoai/704447/xac-minh-thong-tin-viet-nam-mua-ten-lua-chong-ham-brahmos
    http://www.doisongphapluat.com/tin-tuc/su-kien-hang-ngay/se-kiem-tra-thong-tin-viet-nam-mua-ten-lua-brahmos-cua-an-do-a50232.html

Interviewer: Can the Foreign Ministry verify the information that Vietnam will buy cruise missile Brahmos from India ?

Mr. Lê Hải Bình: We will re-check and re-examine the information that you have shown.

So whether Vietnam will buy Brahmos or not, we will have to wait.
    I wonder if they would skip Brahmos for Yakhont... - I don't know why they would, but it is a possibility.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:49 am

I can't see India not wanting to sell to Vietnam, but if they decided not to, then Vietnam could certainly buy Yakhont from Russia.

Both Brahmos and Yakhont would be compatible with standard UKSK launchers fitted to most future Russian exported naval vessels... including Subs.

Yakhont would lack land attack capability and would likely be rather less capable than Brahmos... but even it would be a very powerful weapon.... a force multiplier... in another thread Zg18 posted a short video of a launch of Yakhont and it impacting a ship in the Black Sea... very impressive.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:22 pm

GarryB wrote:I can't see India not wanting to sell to Vietnam, but if they decided not to, then Vietnam could certainly buy Yakhont from Russia.

Both Brahmos and Yakhont would be compatible with standard UKSK launchers fitted to most future Russian exported naval vessels... including Subs.

Yakhont would lack land attack capability and would likely be rather less capable than Brahmos... but even it would be a very powerful weapon.... a force multiplier... in another thread Zg18 posted a short video of a launch of Yakhont and it impacting a ship in the Black Sea... very impressive.

Yes, after all the P-800 is the basis for Brahmos project. Furthermore, Vietnam already has 40 Yakhonts, deployed in the Bastion-P system.

Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  Sujoy on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:20 pm

This entire talk of India selling BRAHMOS to Vietnam and Indonesia is just some PR stuff cooked up by DRDO.

DRDO is [in]famous for making tall claims.

Vietnam and Indonesia already have a sizeable arsenal of Yakhont . Why will they be buying an expensive missile like Brahmos when Yakhont can very easily do the same job?

The BRAHMOS deal was signed with India so that India can repay Russia the money that it owned to the USSR.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:39 am

Sujoy wrote:This entire talk of India selling BRAHMOS to Vietnam and Indonesia is just some PR stuff cooked up by DRDO.

DRDO is [in]famous for making tall claims.

Vietnam and Indonesia already have a sizeable arsenal of Yakhont . Why will they be buying an expensive missile like Brahmos when Yakhont can very easily do the same job?

The BRAHMOS deal was signed with India so that India can repay Russia the money that it owned to the USSR.

I wouldn't be surprised... Look at the Arjun!

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Indian Deputy Minister of Foreign Affair, Anil Wadhwa, confirmed that India will sell Brahmos to Vietnam.

http://infonet.vn/thu-truong-ngoai-giao-an-hop-dong-ban-brahmos-cho-vn-sap-hoan-tat-post145461.info (in Vietnamese)
    http://news.zing.vn/An-Do-sap-hoan-tat-hop-dong-ban-ten-lua-cho-Viet-Nam-post457755.html (in Vietnamese)
    http://tinnhanh.baodatviet.vn/An-Do-Hop-dong-ban-BrahMos-cho-Viet-Nam-sap-hoan-tat-498599.html (in Vietnamese)

Translation:

Making a speech in front of the news agents, Mr. Anil Wadhwa, Indian Deputy Minister of Foreign Affair, New Dehli and Hanoi have already discussed about a Brahmos contract for Vietnam.

Mr. Wadhwa did not tell the details about the negiotation. However, according to Deccan Herald, the negiotation is well developed, and the Brahmos contract was also agreed by Moskva.

During the 2013 visit of First Secretary of the Vietnamese Communist Party, Nguyễn Phú Trọng, Hanoi had proposed to buy the Indian Brahmos. India, Moskva and Hanoi also discussed about a joint projects of manufacturing a Vietnamese indigenous missiles, whose design is based on Russian Kh-35.

http://www.defencenews.in/defence-news-internal.aspx?id=KlfXMc0uCe0=

Briefing mediapersons about Mukherjee’s forthcoming visit to Vietnam, Anil Wadhwa, the secretary (east) of the Ministry of External Affairs, said that defence officials of New Delhi and Hanoi were discussing a proposal for supply of BrahMos missiles to Vietnam.

Wadhwa declined to provide details about the progress in India’s talks with Vietnam. Sources, however, told Deccan Herald that the talks were in an advanced stage and Moscow had already informally given its nod to New Delhi for supply of the missiles to the South-East Asian country.

New Delhi had to obtain Moscow’s nod as the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles are produced by a joint venture of Defence Research and Development Organisation and Russia’s NPO Mashinostroeyenia.

Several countries like Brazil, South Africa, Indonesia and Malaysia evinced interest in importing the BrahMos. Sources, however, said that Vietnam could be the first country to have a deal with BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited for import of the missiles.

Moscow and Hanoi have also been discussing about a proposal for a joint programme for developing a missile system in Vietnam based on the Kh-35 Uran of Russia.

The negotiations, however, could not make much headway, although Hanoi has of late been keen to strengthen its arsenal to address its immediate security concerns, arising out of its escalating tension with Beijing over conflicting territorial claims in the waters of South China Sea. During the visit of general secretary of Vietnam Communist Party, Nguyen Phu Trong, to India in November 2013, Hanoi proposed negotiations with New Delhi for supply of the BrahMos missiles.

New Delhi also offered Hanoi a credit line worth about $100 million to procure military hardware from India. The discussion on the modalities for implementation of the credit line is expected to get a fillip during Mukherjee’s visit to Hanoi.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Pretty big news for both Vietnam and India.

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:42 am

I would prefer to see a Tejas contract, or some lightweight fighters... The Vietnamese MiG-21s are damn old. Even with the Bison upgrade standard, I'm afraid that they have only a few years to live.

And then the Su-22M4 should be replaced, too. I'm looking for an additional MK2 batch, or Su-34 will be nice.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:12 am

Probably less so when Vietnam already had the system in service.

The main change is that Brahmos will have a land attack capability and also be more effective against naval targets.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:19 pm

GarryB wrote:Probably less so when Vietnam already had the system in service.

The main change is that Brahmos will have a land attack capability and also be more effective against naval targets.

- That is what is potentially valuable... Well, the fact that a few could penetrate most ship convoys is nice as well...

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:20 pm

higurashihougi wrote:I would prefer to see a Tejas contract, or some lightweight fighters... The Vietnamese MiG-21s are damn old. Even with the Bison upgrade standard, I'm afraid that they have only a few years to live.

And then the Su-22M4 should be replaced, too. I'm looking for an additional MK2 batch, or Su-34 will be nice.
    As would I... Tejas does need more time though, but it should be a great aircraft when it is ready!

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:21 am

I have often thought that if India took that ten billion for MRCA and spent it on Tegas to get it right it would be of rather more benefit to India than any batch of medium fighters.

Having a good heavy and a good light fighter is really all you need... a big capable fighter and a smaller lighter cheaper numbers fighter that can put bombs on target and carry modern capable AAMs that make NATO forces fire at helos from 10km range...

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:43 pm

GarryB wrote:I have often thought that if India took that ten billion for MRCA and spent it on Tegas to get it right it would be of rather more benefit to India than any batch of medium fighters.

Having a good heavy and a good light fighter is really all you need... a big capable fighter and a smaller lighter cheaper numbers fighter that can put bombs on target and carry modern capable AAMs that make NATO forces fire at helos from 10km range...
    I 100% agree.... That was a huge mistake!

Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  Sujoy on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:36 pm

GarryB wrote:I have often thought that if India took that ten billion for MRCA and spent it on Tegas to get it right it would be of rather more benefit to India than any batch of medium fighters.

A significant number of Indians go to the US & UK especially the IVY League colleges for higher studies. Upon completion of their studies many of these individuals start their own businesses in the US.

These individuals are large donors to most political parties in India and they more often than not advice the Indian Government to purchase products/services made in the U.S.

Another segment of Indians, notably those in the Armed Forces and their wards also travel to the US & UK for higher education. Their tuition fees is sponsored by the likes of Boeing, Lockheed among other Defense OEMs.

Naturally, these people too, influence procurement process( of military hardware) in India. This explains why even after an Indian diplomat is publicly humiliated in the U.S , India still signs a $2.5 billion deal for Helos with the US.

higurashihougi
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  higurashihougi on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:59 am

India has always wanted to explore and possess many kinds of technologies from various countries. By my guess, may be that explains the EU-canard contract ?

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:06 am

higurashihougi wrote:India has always wanted to explore and possess many kinds of technologies from various countries. By my guess, may be that explains the EU-canard contract ?
    They are smart for having that approach, but they should (should have) avoided the Euro-canards save for the Gripen, which seems to be a good aircraft. The Rafale is simply too expensive to buy and maintain, while the EF has had its fair share of issues (it is also expensive).

Sujoy
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  Sujoy on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:59 am

higurashihougi wrote:India has always wanted to explore and possess many kinds of technologies from various countries

Yes! The idea was always to “widen the basket”. But now the Indian Government has realized there are some serious issues in this approach. That’s why the domestic industry is being improved, which includes providing support to the Private Sector.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-09-14/news/53904131_1_defence-ministry-cochin-shipyard-limited-landing-platform-docks

higurashihougi wrote:By my guess, may be that explains the EU-canard contract ?

A number of jets were tested during the MMRCA competition. The Indian Air Force had come up with 600 + parameters that these jets would have to fulfill. Typhoon and Rafale were the only two jets that fulfilled those parameters.

Mike E wrote:but they should (should have) avoided the Euro-canards save for the Gripen, which seems to be a good aircraft.

A significant portion of the Gripen’s sensors are procured from the US by SAAB. The US was unwilling to transfer key technologies associated with the Gripen.

Mike E wrote:The Rafale is simply too expensive to buy and maintain, while the EF has had its fair share of issues (it is also expensive).

Actually maintenance charges are relatively low, but procurement charges are high.

This whole fiasco has been caused by HAL & DRDO. Had they been able to roll out the LCA-MKI in the 90s to replace the Mig-21,the IAF would not have to go for  the MMRCA. Eventually, it’s we the taxpayers who pay the price.

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 pm

A PROUD MOMENT FOR INDIA'S GROWING MIC . Myanmar operation: 70 commandos finish task in 40 minutes

The actual operation (hitting the camp and destroying it) took about 40 minutes. Not only did the commandos kill those present at the camps in gun fight, during which rocket launchers were also used, one of the camp was also set afire.

Sources, quoting ground reports, said 38 militants were killed and seven others were injured in the strike.

Thermal imagery was also used to track the operation about which Myanmarese authorities were kept in the loop, they said.

Mi—17 helicopters of the Indian Air Force were put on standby, ready to be pressed into service to evacuate the commandos in case anything went wrong

The meeting explored the options of air strike using Sukhoi and MiG-29 fighters as well as ground strike by special forces of the army.

However, this option was ruled out since the possibility of colatoral damage was high in an air strike .

Pakistan said We're not MYANMAR . lol!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Inside-story-Over-100-northeast-militants-may-have-been-killed-in-Armys-Myanmar-operations/articleshow/47609757.cms?

franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  franco on Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:28 am

The Armed Forces of India

Currently, India is surely among the top ten world powers in their military capabilities. The Indian armed forces are inferior armies of the United States, Russia and China, but still very strong and numerous. In another way, in a country with a population of about 1.3 billion people and could not be. The level of military spending in 2014, India was on the 7th place in the world - $ 50 billion (data Stockholm International Peace Research Institute). In the armed forces of India is more than 1.3 million people (3 in the world). Speaking of the armed forces of India, it is worth remembering that India is the world's largest importer of arms (as of 2012), as well as the possession of nuclear weapons and their means of delivery.

In addition to direct the armed forces, in India there are various paramilitary groups, which serves about 1.1 million people: the national security forces, border guards, special, special paramilitary forces. As of 2015, India's population of 1 billion 276 million people (2nd in the world's population, after China). At the same time mobilizing the resources of the country are estimated at least 270 million people, of which 160 million are eligible for military service.

The Indian armed forces are for the defense of the Republic, protection of the freedom and independence of the country, it is one of the most important instruments of political power. The personnel of the Indian armed forces has a high level of moral and psychological combat training and has been serving on a contract basis, compulsory recruitment into military service in India is missing. For India, because of the huge population and a complex ethnic and religious situation of the armed forces staffing at the call just is not possible.

Speaking of the armed forces of India, it should be noted that they are relatively young. The armed forces of the independent Republic of India, have appeared only in 1947. At the same time they were formed on the basis of troops who moved to the country when it was divided into two British Dominion - Indian Union and Pakistan. In the armed forces of India came to the part of personnel, Hindus and other religions except Islam and the Pakistani army troops have included Muslims. The official date of the formation of the national armed forces in India is considered to be August 15, 1949.

The peculiarity of the Indian armed forces is very close cooperation with the Russian military-industrial complex. On the Indian army is a huge amount of military equipment and weapons systems of production of the Soviet Union and Russia. For example, the world's largest fleet of T-90 tanks has not Russia, namely India. At the same time, both countries are actively cooperating in the military-technical sphere, carrying out joint development of a variety of weapons. Currently, India is a major importer of Russian weapons, while at the same time, the country is quite working closely with Britain, France and most recently with the United States.

Currently, the Russian-Indian cooperation is the exclusive nature. It is not that India for decades in Russia buys weapons. New Delhi and Moscow are working together on the creation of modern weapons systems, and quite unique, such as a missile "Brahmos", or fighter of the 5th generation - FGFA. Has no analogues in the world and surrender to lease a nuclear submarine (Russia gave India rent submarine "Nerpa" for 10 years), similar to the experience in this area was in the Soviet Union in the 1980s with the same India.

At the same time, India has its own military-industrial complex, which is able to produce weapons and equipment of all classes, including nuclear weapons and their means of delivery. However, this is more in theory as created in India armaments tend to have lower performance characteristics compared with foreign counterparts, and their development is decades. The most obvious example in this regard - it is an Indian tank "Arjun", the development of which lasted about 37 years. Not the most reliable and are collected in the country of foreign licenses models of equipment. For example, experts note that the high accident rate in the Indian Air Force may be associated with this factor. However, despite all of the above, India has everything to already in the XXI century to become one of the world's superpowers.

Indian Army

Indian Army are the largest component of the country's armed forces, they have served at least 1.1 million people (there are 990,000 reservists). In a part of the Army Training Command have (headquarters in Shimla), as well as six regional commands - Central, North, West, South-West, South and East. In the direct supervision of Army Staff of India is the 50th Airborne Brigade, two regiments of PU IRBM "Agni", one regiment PU OTP "Prithvi-1" and four regiments, armed cruise missile "Brahmos".

Indian Army are composed of 12 headquarters of the army corps, 36 divisions (18 infantry, 3 armored, division 4 rapid deployment, 10th Mountain Infantry and one Artillery). In addition, as part of ST, there are 15 separate brigades (armored 5, 7 infantry, two mountain-infantry and one airborne) and 12 air defense brigades, 3 engineering team and 22 army aviation helicopter squadron.

Currently, India has a fairly impressive tank fleet, which is mostly equipped with modern machines. The army delivered 124 tanks of its own design, "Arjun", is scheduled to deliver another 124, while work is under way on a modernized version of "Arjun-2." Also in 1250 the army has modern Russian MBT T-90 is planned to produce another 750 licenses for these tanks. Also available up to 2400 MBT Soviet T-72M, which have been or are being modernized. In addition, the storage of up to 1100 is the old tanks "vijayanta 'own production (the British" Vickers "Mk1), and up to 700 Soviet T-55 tanks.

In contrast to tanks with the rest of weaponry, everything is much worse. Basically the park is another Indian armor obsolete. The country has about 100 BRDM-2, about 1,200 BMP-2 and up to 300 different APC. Currently, the park upgraded BMP-2. In 2006, 123 cars were transformed into a version of the BMP-2K, armored vehicles are collected under the Russian license in India, and the Indian Defense Ministry plans to buy another 149 BMP-2K.

It is outdated and most of the Indian artillery. The army has 100 ACS 'Catapult' own design - 130 mm Howitzer M-46 tank chassis "vijayanta", and about 80 of these machines is in storage. There is also a 110 Soviet 122mm self-propelled guns 2S1 "carnation" and the English 80 105 mm self-propelled guns, "Abbot." Interestingly, in September 2015, India conducted a tender for procurement of 155-mm self-propelled guns, which won a victory in the South Korean artillery system K9 Thunder, bypassed Russia ACS "MSTA-S". This South Korean SAU definitely enjoyed success on the international market, it also has been selected as the primary and in the armed forces of Turkey. Manufacturing K9 Thunder self-propelled guns will be deployed in India, it is reported that the armed forces will buy at least 500 of these self-propelled guns.

In addition, the arms are about 4300 of towed guns of various calibers, more than 3 million in storage and order 7000 mortars. Modern samples of them as almost none. At the same time in 2010, India is trying to acquire the US 145 light 155 mm howitzers M-777, the deal has been discussed for 5 years, but it seems that in May 2015 the case moved from the dead point and howitzers will be delivered to the country.

Similar in the availability of new types of situation and MLRS. In India, there are about 150 Soviet BM-21 "Grad" (122 mm), 80 MLRS proprietary "Pinax" (214 mm) and 62 Russian systems "Smerch" (300 mm). The "Pinax" and "Twister" can be attributed to modern multiple rocket launchers.

Also armed with ground forces is about 250 anti-tank systems "Cornet" Russian-made 13 self-propelled anti-tank systems "Namik" (Indian ATGM "Naked" on the chassis of the BMP-2), in addition to this there are several thousands of Soviet and Russian ATGM "Baby", "Fagot" , "Competition", "Storm", the French anti-tank systems "Milan".

The basis of the army air defense constitute a Soviet / Russian air defense missile systems "Strela-10" (250), Wasp (80), "Tunguska" (184), "Shilka" (75), as well as Indian SAM short range "Akash" (300). On arms of Army Aviation has about 300 helicopters, mostly of Indian origin.

Indian Air Force

By the number of aircraft the Indian Air Force is in fourth place in the world after the US, Russia and China. In the Air Force has about 1,800 aircraft of all types, including about 900 combat vehicles. The Indian Air Force are serving about 150 thousand people. Organizational they are an integral part of the combined of the armed forces - air force and air defense (AD). Air Force has 38 staffs aircraft wings and 47 squadrons of combat aircraft, the country has an extensive network of airfields.

The headquarters of the Indian Air Force consists of the following departments: operational planning, intelligence, training, electronic warfare, weather, finance and communications. Also staff are subject to 5 Air Command and one training (headquarters in Bangalore), which directs and Air Force units in the field: Central (Allahabad), West (New Delhi), East (Shillong), Southern (Trivandrum) and Southwest (Gandhinagar).

A major problem of the Indian Air Force for many years is a high accident rate. Since the beginning of the 1970s to the early 2000s, the Indian Air Force every year lost an average of 23 aircraft and helicopters. At the same time the highest number of flight accidents falls on the Soviet MiG-21, which were produced in India, and has long formed the backbone of its fleet. The Indian Air Force, these aircraft have earned a reputation as "flying coffins" and "vdovodelov." From 1971 to April 2012 in India of fighter crashed 482 (more than half of the 872 MiG-21, which were obtained by India). At the same time in the ranks remains no less than 150 of these vehicles, 120 of which are planned to operate at least until 2019.

In general, make up the basis of the Indian Air Force planes and helicopters of Soviet / Russian origin. Strike aircraft was presented by the Soviet MiG-27 (113 cars), most of them are planned to be written off in 2015, and about 120 British fighter-bombers "Jaguar". All of these aircraft were built under license in India today are outdated.

Much better is the case with fighter aircraft. The air force has about 220 advanced Russian Su-30MKI, the total number will be increased to 272. According to the number of ranks in the Su-30 Indian Air Force bypass the Russian Air Force. Also available in service 62 MiG-29, all of them were upgraded to versions of the MiG-29UPG (53) and MiG-29UB-UPG. In addition, there are 50 French fighters "Mirage 2000" and another 11 such training machines. It is planned to upgrade them to the level of "Mirage 2000-5", which will extend the period of operation for another 20 years. In addition, the Indian Air Force begins to receive light multipurpose fighter of the fourth generation of its own design - HAL Tejas, built in 2014. 14 fighters, including prototypes. Total for the Indian Air Force plans to build about 200 such aircraft, which should replace the MiG-21 and MiG-27.

Has India and AWACS aircraft, there are three Russian A-50EI and three aircraft DRDO AEW & CS joint Indo-Brazilian development. It also has three US aircraft electronic intelligence "Gulfstream-4", six Russian air tankers Il-78 will be delivered another 6 European Airbus A330 MRTT.

As there are 17 transport aircraft Il-76MD, 105 An-32, part of the aircraft from 2009 modernized in Ukraine, and the rest will be upgraded directly in India. At the same time, India is planning to replace all Soviet Il-76MD, which operated for more than 28 years, the latest American transports the C-17 Globemaster III. In 2010, a contract was signed for the purchase of 10 aircraft, with a possible option to purchase another 6 cars. The first aircraft was handed over to the Indian Air Force in January 2013.

The Air Force is about 30 combat helicopters, including 24 Russian Mi-35 helicopter of own production 4 "Rudra" and 2 LCH. In addition, about 360 operated multipurpose and transport helicopters, among them a large number of Soviet Mi-8 and Mi-17 Russian Mi-17V5 and the Mi-26.

Indian Navy

Indian Navy include navy, naval aviation and special purpose units. Currently, the fleet is about 58 thousand people, including about 1200 in the Marines and about 5,000 in naval aviation. In service is more than 180 ships and 200 aircraft. For deployment of warships of the Indian Navy used three main naval base - Kadamba (near Goa), Mumbai and Vishakhapatnam. At the same IUD it includes in its membership three Command - West (Bombay), South (Cochin) and Eastern (Vishakhapatnam).

As part of India's submarine fleet is one SSBN 'Arihant' own development with 12 SLBM K-15 (range 700 km), proposed to build three submarines of this type. This launch range missiles rather modest. Also, leasing is a Russian nuclear submarine "Nerpa" Project 971, which received the Indian name "Chakra". In addition, in a system is 9 Russian diesel submarines of Project 877 "Halibut" and 4 German submarine project 209/1500. Also under construction 3 modern French submarines "Skorpen" all plans to build six such submarines.

Currently, as part of the Indian Navy has two aircraft carriers - "Viraat" (former English "Hermes") and "Vikramaditya" (formerly Soviet "Admiral Gorshkov"). Besides being the construction of two aircraft carriers of its own "Vikrant". In arsenal of naval aviation in India has 63 carrier-based fighter - 45 MiG-29K (including eight combat-capable MiG-29KUB) and 18 "Harrier". MiG-29K is designed to arm the aircraft carrier "Vikramaditya" (Fleet Air Arm - 14-16 MiG-29K and four MiG-29KUB, 10 helicopters), and construction of aircraft carriers of the "Vikrant", "Harriers" used to "Viraat".

ASW aircraft represented the old Soviet IL-38 - 5 aircraft Tu-142M - 7 aircraft (one for storage) and three modern American P-8I (all 12 were ordered). In addition, the Indian naval aviation has 12 Russian helicopter Ka-31 AEW, 41 anti-submarine helicopter, including 18 Soviet Ka-28 and Ka-25, 5, and 18 British "Sea King" Mk42V.

Surface naval forces quite unsuited. There are 9 destroyers, 5 such as "Rajput" (Soviet project 61), 3 of their own such as "Delhi" and one of the "Calcutta" (will be built 2-3 destroyers of this type). Also in the line is 6 modern Russian-built frigates of the "Talwar" (Project 11356), and 3 more modern self-built type "Shivalik". The navy has a new corvette "Kamorta" (to be built from 4 to 12 units), 4 corvettes of the "bark" type 4 "Hukri" type 4 "Abhay" (Soviet project 1241P). It is worth noting that all of destroyers, frigates and corvettes (except "Abhay") of the Indian armed fleet of modern Russian and Russian-Indian cruise missiles, sea-based anti-ship missiles and "Caliber", "BrahMos», X-35.

Nuclear power in India

In the structure of the armed forces of India to manage existing nuclear forces it has created a special structure - NCA (Nuclear Command Authority), Administration of the nuclear command. However, this management body, not only military but also political and military. This command to deal with nuclear planning in the interests of defense, and is responsible for making and implementing decisions on the use of nuclear weapons to repel foreign aggression led command is the prime minister of the country.

Bodies of military operational and technical management, directly subordinate to the chairman of the NCA and the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the armed forces of India, is the SFC - Strategic Forces Command, Strategic Forces Command, which was established in 2003. This command is responsible for the coordination of nuclear components Army and Air Force of the country, represent parts of the ground forces, equipped with ballistic missiles and ground-based aviation squadron, military aircraft carrying nuclear bombs. In the foreseeable future SFC will take over the control and created the naval strategic nuclear forces of India.

Most of the nuclear missile potential is concentrated in the Indian Army, which has two regiments of 8 PU medium-range ballistic missile "Agni". In total, presumably in India has 80-100 missile "Agni-1" (700-900 km), 20-25 missile "Agni-2" (2000-3000 km) and a number of extended-range ballistic missiles such as "Agni- 3 "(3500-5000 km). Also in a single regiment tactical missile "Prithvi-1" (150 km) with 12 PU for these missiles. All of these missiles could carry both conventional warheads, and nuclear. The carriers of nuclear weapons in the Indian Air Force may be a Russian Su-30MKI and the French "Mirage 2000".

Experts estimate that today India has a limited stock of nuclear weapons, combat ready - about 30-35 charges. In the country there is a certain amount of ready-made components for the assembly of the new charges. It is believed that in case of need rather quickly India can still make 50-90 nuclear warheads.

max steel
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  max steel on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:01 am

India may transfer some Migs to Srilanka

After transferring Mi-25 Attack Gunships to Afghanistan on request of Afghan President recently, India is deliberating if a Srilankan request to provide fighter jets for their air force can be taken up after India forced Srilanka to reconsider their decision on making the purchase of Sino-Pakistan developed JF-17 fighter jets.

Well, informed Sources in air force have informed that instead of offering Homegrown LCA-Tejas to Srilanka, IAF may transfer some of Upgraded Mig-27 along with Spares to Srilankan Air force at FOC ( Free of Cost).

Srilankan Air force already operates Mig-27 purchased from Ukraine and Russia in past and HAL/IAF have helped train Pilots/Aircrew while Srilankan Military was on offensive against LTTE, Mig-27s along with Kfir fighter jets played crucial roles in Bombing LTTE targets in the last phase of the Civil war.
    Indian Air forces already have plans to retire older un-upgraded Mig-27s from its fleet this year on wards and also have plans to phase out upgraded Mig-27s by 2019 along with Mig-21s.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nag anti-tank missile hits bull’s eye with modified seeker

The indigenously-built third generation, fire-and-forget anti-tank missile, Nag, scored a “bull’s eye” and successfully hit the target 4 km away during a night trial in the Mahajan Field Firing Range, Rajasthan, last week.

During the test, the Thermal Target System (TTS) developed by a defence laboratory at Jodhpur was used as target for the missile, which is in the final user configuration. TTS simulated a target similar to an operational tank as thermal mapping from tank to TTS was carried out for generating thermal signature.

According to scientists of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the trial validated the enhanced 4-km range capability of Imaging-Infrared seeker, which guides the missile to the target after its launch. The scientists said multi-purpose mission exercises were carried out for improving the system. With the modified seeker achieving requisite range capability, the scientists said the Nag missile was now ready for final, pre-induction user trials.

Director of Defence Research and Development Laboratory, (DRDL) K. Jayaraman said the final user trials would be conducted in different conditions in summer and winter this year. Using HEAT (High explosive anti-tank) warhead, the top-attack all-weather fire-and-forget system is capable of destroying modern tanks with armoured protection by nullifying their ERA (explosive reactive armour).

aksha
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  aksha on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:12 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:52 pm

Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:52 pm