Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Share

    marat

    Posts : 218
    Points : 216
    Join date : 2015-04-26

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  marat on Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:54 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Admiral Makarov delivered to Navy

    https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/102164/


    Finally welcome
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12042
    Points : 12525
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  George1 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:01 am

    The frigates of the project 11356 receive a reconnaissance complex with the Orlan-10 UAV

    As reported by Nikolai Surkov, Alexei Ramm and Yevgeny Dmitriev in the article "Admirals" looked beyond the horizon. The newest frigates equipped with the best domestic reconnaissance drones "in the newspaper" Izvestia ", the Russian Navy received the first naval reconnaissance and strike complex (RUK) on the basis of the frigates of the project 11356 and the drones Orlan-10. Tests of the system took place in the autumn of this year on the Black Sea. The presence of own air reconnaissance aircraft will allow the Admirals (with such unofficial name the frigates received from naval sailors) to strike the sea and land targets with high precision with artillery fire and missiles. According to experts, the innovation will significantly increase the combat capabilities of the Admiral.



    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3022008.html

    hoom

    Posts : 1209
    Points : 1199
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  hoom on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:34 am

    Hooray for 3rd boat in service Cool
    Anyone seen mention if the first 2 will be retrofitted for the Active Shtil-1 or will be limited to the old version?
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7130
    Points : 7224
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:37 pm

    hoom wrote:Hooray for 3rd boat in service Cool
    Anyone seen mention if the first 2 will be retrofitted for the Active Shtil-1 or will be limited to the old version?

    They might get those during first major maintenance round.

    As for ships getting Orlan-10 drones, I assume this is just stop-gap until Krodstadt delivers that tiltrotor drone they are working on.

    Speaking of Orlan-10​, how do they plan on retrieving those? Net maybe?

    hoom

    Posts : 1209
    Points : 1199
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  hoom on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 am

    Via Balancer, seems to be quoting a comment from another article so dunno about veracity but possibly interesting details on the active seeker & indicates 'retrofit' for older ships may be mainly just loading the missiles.
    The 9M317M rocket with a range of up to 70 km is an improved variant of the 9M317 missile (which originally went to Shtil-1), which also received a new semi-active RGSN 9E432. But radar illumination 3P90 "Walnut" still limited the number of escorted targets, and the use of ZUR because of this was conducted only within sight of the radio horizon. To avoid this, an active GOS 9B-1103M "Shayba" was introduced (from aviation), which also has a radio-correction channel (from air carriers). Further improvement led to the creation and installation on the rocket of the active RGSN "Slanets", which allows to capture the target with an EPR of 0.3 square meters. on D to 35 km, and to receive a control center from external sources up to D = 50 km (DRLOU aircraft, airborne radar, airborne, shipborne radar, respectively equipped). In the end, to equip the 9M317M missiles, a package of modular execution of the GOS was developed, in which ARGSN "Slanets" is included. Thus, the 9M317M missile can be used with both APGSN and ARGSN. "Slate" also takes it to the level of CM-6 ("shot and forget"), makes it possible to use ZURs for the radio horizon. A 9M317M becomes a universal SD missile for all "Shtil-1" complexes, regardless of carrier-ship.
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2344
    Points : 2501
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Cyberspec on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:50 am

    9M100 point defence missiles to be added to the "Admirals" frigates

    Frigates Project 11356 (the so-called admiral series) will be equipped with unique interceptor missiles 9M100. Currently, 11356 frigates are armed with anti-aircraft missile systems "Shtil 1". These missiles that can hit targets at long range, but they find it difficult to cope with the maneuverable objects near the ship. Special plastic honeycomb with 9M100 will load in vertical launchers complex "Shtil". According to experts, it will greatly expand the combat capabilities of frigates - around them will deployed layered air defense system.

    http://x-true.info/64797-rossiyskih-admiralov-vooruzhat-sotovymi-raketami.html



    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7130
    Points : 7224
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 am

    '
    So that's 4 x 9M100 per 1 Shtil slot, right?

    Nice thumbsup
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3449
    Points : 3487
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:58 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:'
    So that's 4 x 9M100 per 1 Shtil slot, right?

    Nice thumbsup


    Well but i hope that Buk missiles will stay too. There are 24 cells. If 12 go for 48 9M100 then only 12 middle range missiles is left...
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7130
    Points : 7224
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:'
    So that's 4 x 9M100 per 1 Shtil slot, right?

    Nice thumbsup


    Well but i hope that Buk missiles will stay too. There are 24 cells. If 12 go for 48 9M100 then only 12 middle range missiles is left...

    I don't think they will go with half of them for 9M100. 6 cells for total 24 of 9M100 is more than enough for short range defense.

    That still leaves 18 Buk missiles. 18 Buks + 24 9M100, seems good but personally I would go with 20 Buks + 16 9M100, sounds like a sweet spot.

    I wonder if they will create something similar for UKSK launcher? It's larger so loading  UKSK cell with 2 or maybe even 4 mid-range AA missiles would do wonders for expanding capabilities of missile ships like Karakurts.

    Especially later down the road when Zircons start replacing Onyx so they would be able to do more with fewer anti-ship missiles​.

    hoom

    Posts : 1209
    Points : 1199
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  hoom on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:27 pm

    9M100 was supposed to quad-pack in Redut.
    I think I did see a suggestion of 9M100 for 11356 on Balancers forum but dismissed it as a bit kooky.
    Cool if they are doing it (also implies 9M100 to not be vaporware), but I did like that idea of adding Gibkhas on the hangar sides.

    miroslav

    Posts : 98
    Points : 100
    Join date : 2016-11-16
    Location : Land of Serbia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  miroslav on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:38 pm

    I was initially suspicious about this, dimension wise, but after looking at the measurements and pictures for reference the  9M317ME is a relatively large missile. I am sure that this has a lot to do with the the large warhead that it caries.

    9M317ME

    length: 5.18m
    diameter: 360cm
    weight: 581kg

    9M100/E/E-1

    length: 2.5m
    diameter: 125cm
    weight: ?

    This will certainly not be a direct fit into a 9M317ME launcher tube since this is a self contained unit that is installed into a 'holding construction/frame' that houses the controllers and launch door manipulators.
    I am guessing that every 9M317... launch tube will be replace with a single 4 packed "cell" with 9M100, remember that he launch doors are rectangle not round.

    Looking at the pictures online the rectangle opening is about 75-80cm wide (about double the width of the missile) so there should be enough room.


    Anyway, this is great news for the Admirals.
    avatar
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1445
    Points : 1606
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 20
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:28 pm

    I read on bmpd that the last 3 grigoroviches aren't being completed due to lack of engines? I though the situation was resolved when saturn built the new domestic engines.
    avatar
    Cyberspec

    Posts : 2344
    Points : 2501
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Cyberspec on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:08 am

    miroslav wrote:This will certainly not be a direct fit into a 9M317ME launcher tube....

    That's what the article is suggesting....a honey comb type launcher utilising the Shtil tubes

    KomissarBojanchev wrote:I read on bmpd that the last 3 grigoroviches  aren't being completed due to lack of engines? I though the situation was resolved when saturn built the new domestic engines.

    When did you read this?
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2692
    Points : 2674
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:09 am

    He is good for that.

    The new engines are ready.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2692
    Points : 2674
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:11 am

    https://twitter.com/Russian_Defence/status/948617617329270784
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3449
    Points : 3487
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:23 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:'
    So that's 4 x 9M100 per 1 Shtil slot, right?

    Nice thumbsup


    Well but i hope that Buk missiles will stay too. There are 24 cells. If 12 go for 48 9M100 then only 12 middle range missiles is left...

    I don't think they will go with half of them for 9M100. 6 cells for total 24 of 9M100 is more than enough for short range defense.

    That still leaves 18 Buk missiles. 18 Buks + 24 9M100, seems good but personally I would go with 20 Buks + 16 9M100, sounds like a sweet spot.

    I wonder if they will create something similar for UKSK launcher? It's larger so loading  UKSK cell with 2 or maybe even 4 mid-range AA missiles would do wonders for expanding capabilities of missile ships like Karakurts.

    [/quote]
    Yes this is called UKSK-M Smile

    BTW  with 8x Pantsirs SM (40km range) Karakurt should be, if not perfectly, then at least adequately protected.
    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1344
    Points : 1346
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Big_Gazza on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:57 am

    miketheterrible wrote:https://twitter.com/Russian_Defence/status/948617617329270784

    United Engine-building Corporation(ODK) has announced that testing of NPO Saturn's M90FR & M70FRU gas turbine engines for Pr.22350 & Pr.11356 #frigates, & gas turbine Agregat DKVP for Pr.12322 Zubr #LCAC is complete & series production is to start in 2018.

    great news thumbsup russia

    Whats that noise?... Sounds like shareholders in the Ukropistani MIC (and HATO & US/EU regimes and ThinkTankLand) crying their eyes out in disbelief and despair ... excellent, they can go and fuck themselves. lol!
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3756
    Points : 3855
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  kvs on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:41 pm

    Big_Gazza wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:https://twitter.com/Russian_Defence/status/948617617329270784

    United Engine-building Corporation(ODK) has announced that testing of NPO Saturn's M90FR & M70FRU gas turbine engines for Pr.22350 & Pr.11356 #frigates, & gas turbine Agregat DKVP for Pr.12322 Zubr #LCAC is complete & series production is to start in 2018.

    great news thumbsup   russia

    Whats that noise?...  Sounds like shareholders in the Ukropistani MIC (and HATO & US/EU regimes and ThinkTankLand) crying their eyes out in disbelief and despair ...  excellent, they can go and fuck themselves. lol!

    We had plenty of noise on this board by certain members who thought Russia could not deliver. Not a squeak from these clowns
    on the subject now.
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 2337
    Points : 2331
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Isos on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:07 pm

    Big_Gazza wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:https://twitter.com/Russian_Defence/status/948617617329270784

    United Engine-building Corporation(ODK) has announced that testing of NPO Saturn's M90FR & M70FRU gas turbine engines for Pr.22350 & Pr.11356 #frigates, & gas turbine Agregat DKVP for Pr.12322 Zubr #LCAC is complete & series production is to start in 2018.

    great news thumbsup   russia

    Whats that noise?...  Sounds like shareholders in the Ukropistani MIC (and HATO & US/EU regimes and ThinkTankLand) crying their eyes out in disbelief and despair ...  excellent, they can go and fuck themselves. lol!

    Well, Germany has lost its bigest clients for this sort of technology. Now they won't have a chance to sell anymore engines for Russian ships ...
    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1344
    Points : 1346
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Big_Gazza on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:49 am

    kvs wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:https://twitter.com/Russian_Defence/status/948617617329270784

    United Engine-building Corporation(ODK) has announced that testing of NPO Saturn's M90FR & M70FRU gas turbine engines for Pr.22350 & Pr.11356 #frigates, & gas turbine Agregat DKVP for Pr.12322 Zubr #LCAC is complete & series production is to start in 2018.

    great news thumbsup   russia

    Whats that noise?...  Sounds like shareholders in the Ukropistani MIC (and HATO & US/EU regimes and ThinkTankLand) crying their eyes out in disbelief and despair ...  excellent, they can go and fuck themselves. lol!

    We had plenty of noise on this board by certain members who thought Russia could not deliver.    Not a squeak from these clowns
    on the subject now.

    Kinda like the new engines for the Su-57 won't be ready until 2027..... Laughing
    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1344
    Points : 1346
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Big_Gazza on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:54 am

    Isos wrote:Well, Germany has lost its bigest clients for this sort of technology. Now they won't have a chance to sell anymore engines for Russian ships ...

    Fuck the damned Krauts.  They, and the French surrender monkeys, all had a golden opportunity to stand tall and say no to the Muricans, but they disgraced themselves instead.  Now they can suffer the consequences.

    Russia needs to adopt NKs "Juche" principles for all national security and military procurement matters.  Always use domestic manufacturers where possible, even if it results in some weight/size/performance penalties.  Identify those areas where Russia lags (eg rad-hardened electronics, commsat transceivers) and invest heavily to close gap and attain broadly equivalent capabilities.

    No mercy. No forgiveness. No purchase orders... ...and export to any nation/customer with the cash to pay.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 2692
    Points : 2674
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  miketheterrible on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:58 am

    Big_Gazza wrote:
    Isos wrote:Well, Germany has lost its bigest clients for this sort of technology. Now they won't have a chance to sell anymore engines for Russian ships ...

    Fuck the damned Krauts.  They, and the French surrender monkeys, all had a golden opportunity to stand tall and say no to the Muricans, but they disgraced themselves instead.  Now they can suffer the consequences.

    Russia needs to adopt NKs "Juche" principles for all national security and military procurement matters.  Always use domestic manufacturers where possible, even if it results in some weight/size/performance penalties.  Identify those areas where Russia lags (eg rad-hardened electronics, commsat transceivers) and invest heavily to close gap and attain broadly equivalent capabilities.

    No mercy.  No forgiveness. No purchase orders...  ...and export to any nation/customer with the cash to pay.

    you are a bit behind on the times but they already have their own produced rad hardened electronics. Hence why Elbrus-2C is used for radar and all modern Glonass Sats use their own transistors.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3449
    Points : 3487
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:00 am

    PapaDragon wrote:

    As for ships getting Orlan-10 drones, I assume this is just stop-gap until Krodstadt delivers that tiltrotor drone they are working on.

    Speaking of Orlan-10​, how do they plan on retrieving those? Net maybe?

    What? V/STOL drone when they could develop +200m helipad and have cheaper ones? what a waste of funds Smile
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3449
    Points : 3487
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:07 am

    Big_Gazza wrote:Fuck the damned Krauts.  They, and the French surrender monkeys, all had a golden opportunity to stand tall and say no to the Muricans, but they disgraced themselves instead.  Now they can suffer the consequences.

    Russia needs to adopt NKs "Juche" principles for all national security and military procurement matters.  Always use domestic manufacturers where possible, even if it results in some weight/size/performance penalties.  Identify those areas where Russia lags (eg rad-hardened electronics, commsat transceivers) and invest heavily to close gap and attain broadly equivalent capabilities.

    No mercy.  No forgiveness. No purchase orders...  ...and export to any nation/customer with the cash to pay.


    Germany is under occupation, they have no say in international matters. France is just a little sovereign but a vassal. Loosing couple of billions of dollars with Russia is still lesser evil to economy against massive fake media campaign and hundreds billions in "legal consequences" bot from US and other "free countries"alike.

    Its not about mercy or forgiveness. It is about calculating risks and moving forward.  Once US gets weaker Germany will get more independence I am sure they will be warm welcome in Russia. And that's what is all about money Smile
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7130
    Points : 7224
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:11 am

    Isos wrote:

    Well, Germany has lost its bigest clients for this sort of technology. Now they won't have a chance to sell anymore engines for Russian ships ... 

    And created themselves whole new competition for third party markets, healthy one at that.thumbsup

    I am quite curious about those Zubr engines, hope they restart LCAC production soon.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:15 am