Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1442
    Points : 1603
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 21
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:45 am

    TR1 wrote:So, Grigorovich will supposedly be launched on the 28th of next month.

    Hope it enters service within a year of launch. Oh well, I am well used to dates slipping.

    Have there been any large slipping of dates recently of ships for the US navy, german or French ones?
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5558
    Points : 5568
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  TR1 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:49 am

    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    TR1 wrote:So, Grigorovich will supposedly be launched on the 28th of next month.

    Hope it enters service within a year of launch. Oh well, I am well used to dates slipping.

    Have there been any large slipping of dates recently of ships for the US navy, german or French ones?


    Are you serious?

    Good luck finding any major project in any major nation that has not slipped.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21455
    Points : 22005
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  GarryB on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:29 am

    At a time when the west is cutting back budgets to the bone the future of the Russian Navy is looking very good.

    A few people are getting impatient, but skills have to be learned, tools mastered, systems tested and improved.
    navyfield
    navyfield

    Posts : 160
    Points : 113
    Join date : 2013-05-27

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  navyfield on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:53 pm

    yeah youll probably say the same around 2024 ,more patience  Laughing 
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21455
    Points : 22005
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  GarryB on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:10 am

    I probably will... by 2024 they will likely be launching their first nuclear powered carrier (the Kuznetsov will be fitted with a nuke power plant but was not launched with one)... and it will likely be running a few months late because of all the other super tankers that shipyard is building...   Razz

    The issue is that they are building up production capacity, but it is critical that they don't build it up too fast... otherwise when they have rebuilt the fleet they will be redundant and unemployed.

    A steady growth in capacity makes sense even if it doesn't please the fanbois or the haters.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1442
    Points : 1603
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 21
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:23 am

    TR1 wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    TR1 wrote:So, Grigorovich will supposedly be launched on the 28th of next month.

    Hope it enters service within a year of launch. Oh well, I am well used to dates slipping.

    Have there been any large slipping of dates recently of ships for the US navy, german or French ones?


    Are you serious?

    Good luck finding any major project in any major nation that has not slipped.
    Are the zumwalt, independence, Ford, freedom and type 45 constructions delayed by many months nor years? They sure don't seem to.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5558
    Points : 5568
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  TR1 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:36 am

    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    TR1 wrote:
    KomissarBojanchev wrote:
    TR1 wrote:So, Grigorovich will supposedly be launched on the 28th of next month.

    Hope it enters service within a year of launch. Oh well, I am well used to dates slipping.

    Have there been any large slipping of dates recently of ships for the US navy, german or French ones?


    Are you serious?

    Good luck finding any major project in any major nation that has not slipped.
    Are the zumwalt, independence, Ford, freedom and type 45 constructions delayed by many months nor years? They sure don't seem to.

    Yeah, Zumwalt, only cut down from 20+ units to.....3.

    Ford won't be fully operational for YEARS. Have you read the reports on the ship? The catapults have no reliability so far, at all.

    LCS is a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

    But if you want to find actual ships being constructed slowly, no problem either. Look through the major units in major European navies.
    You will find plenty examples.

    The US has a 600 billion dollar budget, that is why they get it done relatively on time.

    Royal Navy surface units have been doing ok timewise.
    The Astute program has run into multiple delays and slip ups.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

    Posts : 1442
    Points : 1603
    Join date : 2012-08-05
    Age : 21
    Location : Varna, Bulgaria

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  KomissarBojanchev on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:24 pm

    What makes the LCS bad?
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5651
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 38
    Location : Croatia

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Viktor on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:03 pm

    According to Dimi LINK we wont wait for long until the first one hits the water  thumbsup
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5558
    Points : 5568
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  TR1 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:08 pm

    Damn you Viktor, was about to post.

    http://itar-tass.com/spb-news/926823

    Finally. Ship will be launched in February.
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5651
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 38
    Location : Croatia

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Viktor on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:10 pm

    TR1 wrote:Damn you Viktor, was about to post.

    http://itar-tass.com/spb-news/926823

    Finally. Ship will be launched in February.

    Im on the roll  Very Happy 
    avatar
    Austin

    Posts : 7315
    Points : 7712
    Join date : 2010-05-08
    Location : India

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Austin on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:51 am

    Some news on Upgraded Shtil-1



    Test head launcher SAM "Calm 1" on the multipurpose frigate 11356 planned for this summer
    http://vpk.name/news/104698_ispyitanie_golovnoi_puskovoi_ustanovki_zrk_shtil1_na_mnogocelevom_fregate_proekta_11356_zaplanirovano_na_leto_etogo_goda.html




    Ekaterinburg, February 3. (ARMS-TASS). Test head launcher (PU) anti-missile (SAM) "Calm 1" will be held at the multipurpose frigate 11356 summer 2014 journalists today said CEO Research and Production Enterprise "Start" im.Yatskina Marat Izgutdinov. 

    "Now the company is completing assembly of the head of the launcher. According to the plan this summer, it must be delivered to the multi-purpose frigate in Kaliningrad," - said General Director.

    According to him, the UE will be mounted to the deck of the frigate.

    As previously reported, SAM "Calm 1" with a launcher 3S90E.1 to be delivered to the Navy in 2014 3S90E.1 allows you to place a different number of modules of 12 containers with rockets launchers on ships of various types, according to ITAR-TASS. The original technical solution allows the SAM and previously built ships with their minor upgrade.

    As stated Izgutdinov through this installation combat grade Russian ships will be improved significantly.
    03


    is this upgraded Shtil-1 with new Guidance ?

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Img_7648

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Img_7647

    http://vpk.name/news/104698_ispyitanie_golovnoi_puskovoi_ustanovki_zrk_shtil1_na_mnogocelevom_fregate_proekta_11356_zaplanirovano_na_leto_etogo_goda.html

    What guidance system with that? She then underwent modernization or even entirely transferred by inheritance from Hurricane "as is"?

    At least IR channel added with the same upgraded Arrow-10M4

    New GOS with three receivers working in contrasting photos, and infrared spectral bands jamming provides breeding targets against optical interference and spectral trajectory characteristics and greatly improves noise immunity complex.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5558
    Points : 5568
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  TR1 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:03 am

    That is not Shtil, that is the missile from Strela-10 I think.

    However the Shtil news are encouraging, further support to the idea that the first ship will have VLS Smile.

    EDIT: Strela-10m4.
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5651
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 38
    Location : Croatia

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Viktor on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:52 pm

    2 more days until first one hits the water  thumbsup 


    New warship to Russia's Black Sea Fleet was launched on March 14 See the original material on http://www.interfax.ru/russia/364105
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21455
    Points : 22005
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  GarryB on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:27 pm

    Hey Austin, that is definitely an SA-13 missile, but the second photo of the optical ports on the side of the missile suggests a laser proximity fuse... more accurate and reliable than a radio proximity fuse and harder to interfere with...
    Viktor
    Viktor

    Posts : 5651
    Points : 6284
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 38
    Location : Croatia

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Viktor on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:15 pm

    Nice  russia 

    first frigate "Admiral Grigorovich" new 11356 launched in Kaliningrad
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5080
    Points : 5233
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:43 pm

    Viktor wrote:Nice  russia 

    first frigate "Admiral Grigorovich" new 11356 launched in Kaliningrad

    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5558
    Points : 5568
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  TR1 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:07 pm

    No gun yet......lame.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5558
    Points : 5568
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  TR1 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:56 pm

    And no Shtil yet either it looks like (though that does confirm it is VLS Smile) ...inside looks barely finished....yeah this guy isn't going to be in service until 2015.

    Contract missed by a bout a year.
    Oh well, there has been worse.
    zino
    zino

    Posts : 118
    Points : 130
    Join date : 2013-11-21
    Location : Northern Italy Autonomous Okrug

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  zino on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:40 am

    TR1 wrote:No gun yet......lame.

    C'mon! You should support Russian Navy more! You are so unpatriotic!



     Wink Wink Wink
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7096
    Points : 7364
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  sepheronx on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:26 am

    TR1 wrote:And no Shtil yet either it looks like (though that does confirm it is VLS Smile) ...inside looks barely finished....yeah this guy isn't going to be in service until 2015.

    Contract missed by a bout a year.
    Oh well, there has been worse.

    Oh well. Once its finished, it will be grand. This ship is quite important, and even though its based off of the version sold to India, this one is far superior with VLS. Such ship, once finished, will serve well.
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5558
    Points : 5568
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  TR1 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:30 am

    sepheronx wrote:
    TR1 wrote:And no Shtil yet either it looks like (though that does confirm it is VLS Smile) ...inside looks barely finished....yeah this guy isn't going to be in service until 2015.

    Contract missed by a bout a year.
    Oh well, there has been worse.

    Oh well.  Once its finished, it will be grand.  This ship is quite important, and even though its based off of the version sold to India, this one is far superior with VLS.  Such ship, once finished, will serve well.

    Newer gun too, and most importantly new combat-information system.

    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7096
    Points : 7364
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  sepheronx on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:37 am

    TR1 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    TR1 wrote:And no Shtil yet either it looks like (though that does confirm it is VLS Smile) ...inside looks barely finished....yeah this guy isn't going to be in service until 2015.

    Contract missed by a bout a year.
    Oh well, there has been worse.

    Oh well.  Once its finished, it will be grand.  This ship is quite important, and even though its based off of the version sold to India, this one is far superior with VLS.  Such ship, once finished, will serve well.

    Newer gun too, and most importantly new combat-information system.


    Forgot about those. It is just that VLS system is so cool and it is nice to hear that is the way Russian mod is wanting to go for Navy vessels.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21455
    Points : 22005
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  GarryB on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:22 am

    They are just launching her... they are not sending her off to war...
    TR1
    TR1

    Posts : 5558
    Points : 5568
    Join date : 2011-12-06

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  TR1 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:25 pm

    http://www.wrk.ru/forums/attachment.php?item=378523&download=2&type=.jpg
    http://www.wrk.ru/forums/attachment.php?item=378522&download=2&type=.jpg

    Sponsored content

    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich - Page 5 Empty Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:36 pm