Young pilots run from the Air Force
Pilots refuse to serve in combat units, preferring civilian airlines
Due to the imperfection of allowance Russian Air Force began to lose young staff. As told to "News" source in the Air Force, out of 80 young pilots enrolled in Air Force combat units in the past year, nearly 60 have already begun to quit, not having served in the Army for a year. Unless things change, the 2015 Army loses almost 70% of front-line pilots.
Pilots themselves explain that they had been cheated of money and made it impossible to fly.
- Last year when we released, we were promised that with the January 1, 2012 will receive 100 thousand rubles. Actually received about 60 thousand rubles. And now also changed the rate of pay: Now, if we do not fly 100 hours on your hands will get only 37 thousand I'd rather go to the "Aeroflot", - told the "News" Su-25 pilot, who now runs to commercial lines in the process of resigning his commission.
He explained that 70% of the salary supplement is a pilot combatant "for special conditions of service" and the prize "for the faithful and efficient performance of official duties." They are payed only to those who carried out the allowed flight hours per year. And from January 1, 2012 this rate was 100 hours per year for tactical aviation pilots. It is so much to spend in the air, everyone who flies on fighters "Suhkoi" and "MiGs" - Su-27, MiG-29, MiG-31, etc.
In this case, if the pilots of transport aircraft, the conducting of a flight of 2-3 hours, to meet the norm is not difficult (for IL-76, Tu-154 aircraft and other transport rate of 140-150 hours, which is 50-60 flights), the pilots -fighters who spend in the air, only 20-30 minutes for the flight to fly 100 hours needed to make 200 sorties.
- Even if we take an hour a day is needed to fly 100 days a year. But we have no one to fly so often does, - the lieutenant.
The commander of a squadron of bombers said to "News" that does not let the youngsters at the helm of the Air Force was led to the heavy-1990s, when it is not enough fuel and serviceable machines (often in the air regiment was no more than 2-3 serviceable aircraft). Now due poor payment of young pilots.
- Due to the released hours senior pilots get an extra touch, sit on the qualification requirements "pilot-sniper", "pilot-instructor," etc. and accordingly their pay increases significantly - a source explained, "Izvestia".
According to him, in February 2012 on a single Russian aircraft carrier "Admiral Kuznetsov" flight hours reserved for the young ship's pilots, commanders have been rewritten in the 279th regiment of the individual. Because of this, the young do not have access to an independent flight and upon return to port was transferred from the naval aviation.
- And this happens everywhere, - said the source, "Izvestia".
But in addition to problems with money from January 1, 2012 were added, and everyday problems.
- Not only have we abolished free transportation to the place of leave (except remote areas), and reduced medical care for family members, since late last year stopped issuing flight form - suits, jackets and shoes. You have to buy with your own money. With all of this can be tolerated only if the pay is high, - said the squadron commander.
In the civilian airline pilots paid 240 thousand rubles per month (for the first lieutenant, who had just started to fly), free medical care, free flights to anywhere, including abroad, subsidized mortgages and other bonuses.
The only way to retire young pilots - is to become unsuitable for health. In this case, they must be translated into a ground operation, and from there the pilot has the right to refuse. Currently only one third of the branches of the Central Military Clinical Hospital named after Vishnevsky air-flight Committee (WFC) have not been 28 young lieutenants.
All in all, from the beginning of the year WFC country have not been about 300 pilots, navigators and other crew members of aircraft. Of these, about 60 military personnel - pilots a 2010-2011 release. For comparison, last year, WFC did not pass 75 people, of which the young lieutenant was only seven.
In addition, because of the age and health is deducted each year about 15 experienced pilots. In 2015, about 350 pilots have to leave the helm because of the ultimate service life of 25 years.
At the same flight school until 2003, released a total of 100 pilots, and in 2003 produced an average of about 270 professionals, of whom only 80 sit at the helm. The rest are appointed by the navigators, aircraft operators, etc. To teach them to drive their own aircraft, will take about two years of additional training.