Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian Civil War: News

    Share
    avatar
    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2250
    Points : 2288
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  franco on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:46 pm

    Fred333 wrote:Rumours circulating that MiG-31s have been delivered to Syria -> response to the plans for air support for vetted "moderates" by the US?

    I saw that too! Six was the number given, we will have to wait and see.
    avatar
    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 693
    Points : 756
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  Book. on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:56 pm

    استمرار الهدنة في الزبداني بريف دمشق
    - Damascus countryside Zabadani Lot of Heavy Fight Must Truce

    Published on Aug 14, 2015

    Armistice continue in the city of Zabadani Rural Damascus between Syrian opposition factions on the one hand and Hezbollah and the forces of the Syrian regime on the other hand, after a campaign by Hezbollah



    Fred333 wrote:Rumours circulating that MiG-31s have been delivered to Syria -> response to the plans for air support for vetted "moderates" by the US?

    let hope so Surprised
    avatar
    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 114
    Points : 117
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  Fred333 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:58 pm

    Book. wrote:استمرار الهدنة في الزبداني بريف دمشق
    - Damascus countryside Zabadani Lot of Heavy Fight Must Truce

    Published on Aug 14, 2015

    Armistice continue in the city of Zabadani Rural Damascus between Syrian opposition factions on the one hand and Hezbollah and the forces of the Syrian regime on the other hand, after a campaign by Hezbollah



    Fred333 wrote:Rumours circulating that MiG-31s have been delivered to Syria -> response to the plans for air support for vetted "moderates" by the US?

    let hope so Surprised

    would be interesting if true, though I wonder what deterrent a handful of interceptors manned by relatively inexperienced pilots (on that new airframe) would present in the context of an hypothetical US-SyAAF confrontation. what SAA needs right now are active armor protection packages for the remaining AFV park, ground attack aircraft and helicopters and last but certainly not least well-trained and motivated soldiers. although some good interceptors might make the IDF more cautious about launching air strikes in Syrian territory

    AK_47
    Private
    Private

    Posts : 2
    Points : 2
    Join date : 2015-07-06

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  AK_47 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:11 am

    franco wrote:
    Fred333 wrote:Rumours circulating that MiG-31s have been delivered to Syria -> response to the plans for air support for vetted "moderates" by the US?

    I saw that too! Six was the number given, we will have to wait and see.



    http://www.anna-news.info/node/40819


    Great if it's true Very Happy
    avatar
    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5362
    Points : 5601
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  Werewolf on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:59 pm

    Only if flown by russians and shooting down israeli,turkish and US machines for terrorism protection.
    avatar
    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2250
    Points : 2288
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  franco on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:08 pm

    Turkish media now reporting it but no comments from the Russian side.

    http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=611961

    According to reports the Turkish government really POed Vladimir and he tore a 2 hour strip off the ambassador a couple of weeks past... guess this is the result as the order was from 2007.
    avatar
    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 693
    Points : 756
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  Book. on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:00 pm

    6x Mig 31 link the Mig 29. the good AEW!

    But I think frog foot better
    avatar
    Fred333
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 114
    Points : 117
    Join date : 2015-05-01

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  Fred333 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:14 pm

    Book. wrote:6x Mig 31 link the Mig 29. the good AEW!

    But I think frog foot better

    yeah, good AD is nice, but the occasional IDF air strike and Turkish incursion are hardly the biggest problems facing the regime right now...
    avatar
    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7555
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:04 am

    franco wrote:Turkish media now reporting it but no comments from the Russian side.

    http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=611961

    According to reports the Turkish government really POed Vladimir and he tore a 2 hour strip off the ambassador a couple of weeks past... guess this is the result as the order was from 2007.  

    What happened?
    avatar
    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2250
    Points : 2288
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  franco on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:10 am

    sepheronx wrote:
    franco wrote:Turkish media now reporting it but no comments from the Russian side.

    http://www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=611961

    According to reports the Turkish government really POed Vladimir and he tore a 2 hour strip off the ambassador a couple of weeks past... guess this is the result as the order was from 2007.  

    What happened?

    Deal with Americans allowing them to attack Syria from Turkey airbases in return for the Turks being able to attack the Kurds. It also opened up supply lines to ISIS that the Kurds had cut off.

    Rodinazombie
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 581
    Points : 615
    Join date : 2015-04-22

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  Rodinazombie on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:33 am

    Any update on those migs? Good news if true...
    avatar
    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3202
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  flamming_python on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:48 pm

    Gotta call BS on it, don't care how many agencies report it.
    avatar
    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7255
    Points : 7555
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:14 pm

    flamming_python wrote:Gotta call BS on it, don't care how many agencies report it.

    Yeah, I am pretty certain photos would have surfaced already.  I call BS as well. I can see them handing MiG-29's way before MiG-31's.
    avatar
    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2250
    Points : 2288
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  franco on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:07 am

    First Germany and now the US to withdraw their Patriot SAM's from Turkey.
    http://www.dailyamerican.com/news/nation/us-to-withdraw-patriot-missile-system-from-turkey/article_7eeb442a-cfd9-5e4e-8ce9-821306bcddba.html

    So does that mean no Mig's? or no desire to engage?
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4496
    Points : 4675
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:42 am

    franco wrote:First Germany and now the US to withdraw their Patriot SAM's from Turkey.
    http://www.dailyamerican.com/news/nation/us-to-withdraw-patriot-missile-system-from-turkey/article_7eeb442a-cfd9-5e4e-8ce9-821306bcddba.html

    So does that mean no Mig's? or no desire to engage?

    What it means is that they're going to be moved to Eastern Europe for obvious reasons.
    avatar
    Book.
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

    Posts : 693
    Points : 756
    Join date : 2015-05-08
    Location : Oregon, USA

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  Book. on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:47 am

    لحظة تدمير موقع تحصن فيه إرهابيون بصاروخ دبابة قرب تل العلاقية بريف درعا
    Syrian Assad Army the T-55AM tank fire guided 9M117 Missle

    Published on Jul 18, 2015

    The moment of destruction of the site where terrorists holed tank missile near Tel relational Brive shield



    Here the T55 moderna good

    tank sniper...  sniper

    Sponsored content

    Re: Syrian Civil War: News

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:17 pm