Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+27
magnumcromagnon
zg18
zino
collegeboy16
medo
sepheronx
coolieno99
GarryB
Zivo
macedonian
russianumber1
Admin
TR1
flamming_python
Vann7
calripson
Werewolf
Viktor
Flyingdutchman
Regular
Hannibal Barca
gaurav
AlfaT8
As Sa'iqa
KomissarBojanchev
Firebird
George1
31 posters

2014 Sochi Winter Olympics Games

flamming_python
    flamming_python

2014 Sochi Winter Olympics Games - Page 6 Empty Re: 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics Games

Post  flamming_python Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:22 am

I bet that in case Norway/Germany/Canada/US won in the medals rankings - the Western media were ready and waiting a big ol' tirade and propaganda spectacle about Russia and how inferior it is due to gay rights and so on; harkening back to Jesse Owens, etc... etc...
    Got themselves a pretty nasty surprise didn't they Smile
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

2014 Sochi Winter Olympics Games - Page 6 Empty Re: 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics Games

Post  TheArmenian Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:10 am

The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics was a RUSSIAN TRIUMPH.

Congratulations.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:30 pm

I thought Sochi was absolutely amazing. Beautiful nature, facilities, events. Wonderful Russian competitors, opening and closing ceremonies.
    And thankfully no idiocy from Islamic maniacs or homosexuals. (Why cant those 2 groups be put together BTW!)

The American propaganda looked really bitter and pathetic. A bit like the dork who didn't get a date to the "prom" and proceeded to bitch about the whole thing like some sort of suicidal goth.

I think its proved that Russia can compete on the world stage and do wonderfully.
    If Belarus and Russia had their golds combined it would have been DOUBLE the American tally. So thats better than the USSR era.

Now there is a world cup to look forward to (well, 4 yrs away) and the Grand Prix soon. Hopefully St P, or perhaps Moscow can get a Summer Olympics. The only minor blip was the failure of Yekaterinburg to get the World Expo..

The only thing Russia really needs to do, IMO is try and figure out a better visa system with certain places. Then Sochi will really thrive.
     russia
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:35 pm

Why can't islamics and gays be put together?

What do you even mean by that? Good grief.
    zino
    zino

Post  zino Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:Off Topic  Please zino give us a little intelligence about Italy.
    How is the situation there ? If you blame EU ? What Italians expect for the economy? etc
    Sorry for the off topic but Italy is key country. Thank you.

IMO the topic is too vast to be treated here (and my English is not improving as I expected, thus making it difficult to deal with complicated topics). I suggest to open a thread about the upcoming European elections, the most important ever.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:07 pm

TR1 wrote:Why can't islamics and gays be put together?

I'm guessing he meant no terrorist attacks by radical Islamist and no media-stunts by gay groups.
    dionis

Post  dionis Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:48 am

macedonian wrote:

I'm guessing he meant no terrorist attacks by radical Islamist and no media-stunts by gay groups.

Yeah, I'd be in that boat as well.

I have don't care one bit for someone's sexual orientation until they go and make an overly-public, in your face deal about it and scream for attention to it like whiny twats. Neutral
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:33 am

What I mean is that these 2 extremist groups were the ones going to cause a load of grief for the Games.
    They spend all day going on about their so called "rights", but they never think of the rights of others.

And that its ironic, that the only thing that unites the 2 is their hatred for Russia, and indeed traditional Western values, infact anything other than their own extreme agenda.

Put the 2 groups together (ie extremist homosexuals and extremist Muslims) and you'd get absolute chaos. The 2 would prob want to kill each other.

Which ultimately goes to show how bizarre the 2 extremist groups are.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 am

dont agree with comparing extremist gheys with extremist muzz, one is a nuisance while the other is a deadly problem.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:44 pm

collegeboy16 wrote:dont agree with comparing extremist gheys with extremist muzz, one is a nuisance while the other is a deadly problem.

Well obviously, its worse to be blown up, than have some fag blow kisses at you on his pervy parade shit.

But both groups used outside forces to attempt to discredit Russia. They also attempt to discredit the West, and the vast majority of people who are against both extremist groups.

The irony is that their "rights" claim is jawdroppingly contradictory in the extreme. So much so that they utterly hate each other, yet are united in their hate of democracy.
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:05 am

[url=http://thecount.com/2014/02/27/putin-rewards-olympic-medalists-with-mercedes-and-big-cash/]Putin Rewards Olympic Medalists With Mercedes And BIG CASH! [/url]

Russian Olympic athletes who medaled in the 2014 Sochi games were surprised with huge cash prizes and a brand, spanking new Mercedes!

Russia gave all of its gold medalists in the Sochi Games $120,000, plus a brand-new Mercedes GL SUV. This led to a bit of logistical leapfrogging with athletes like Julia Lipnitskaya, who is only 15 and not yet of legal driving age in Russia. (She got a personal driver to go along with the car.) Silver medalists got $76,000 and a Mercedes ML, and bronze medalists got $52,000 and a Mercedes GLK.

A total of 45 cars were distributed to gold medalists. Russia won a Sochi-leading total of 33 medals, including 13 golds. The cars were provided by the Russian Olympians Foundation, a consortium established by Russian businessmen in 2005. Russian athletes who won medals in the 2012 London Games received new Audis with personal drivers.

For comparison’s sake, the United States Olympic Committee pays its winners $25,000 for a gold, $15,000 for a silver and $10,000 for a bronze medal. Kazakhstan leads the medal payment rate at $250,000 for a gold, but has not had a gold medalist at the Winter Olympics in 20 years.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:08 am

Why the hell a Mercedes? Unless these were ones made in Russia (which I don't think any are made their). Should have gone with Ford or other brands that do assemble/make them in Russia.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:17 am

Nothing surprising.

I would be shocked if Victor Ahn made out with anything less than half a million USD.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm