Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russia Sports News:

    Share
    avatar
    Project Canada
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 595
    Points : 602
    Join date : 2015-07-20
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  Project Canada on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:13 pm

    Sochi stripped of right to host world championships in bobsleigh and skeleton

    http://tass.com/sport/919128

    andalusia
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Posts : 95
    Points : 141
    Join date : 2013-10-01

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  andalusia on Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:10 am

    kvs wrote:WADA claimed, without proof, that Russians doped at the Sochi Olympics in 2014.  Now WADA has been exposed as
    spreader of libel and defamation:

    https://sputniknews.com/sport/201612091048374113-russia-athletes-sochi/

    The mandatory samples from all the Russian athletes have been re-tested and found clean.    WADA is now claiming that
    1000 Russians (including athletes) are involved in the "state organized doping program", again without a shred of proof
    aside from a "witness" who is fully in conflict of interest (he ran off to the USA and got generous financial support).   The
    above re-testing proves that this "witness" is not credible.   But WADA keeps on engaging in libel and defamation against
    Russians.

    Russia admits to doping: https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-officials-acknowledge-doping-conspiracy-report-234123038--oly.html
    avatar
    Kimppis
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 246
    Points : 252
    Join date : 2014-12-23

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  Kimppis on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:44 am

    andalusia wrote:
    kvs wrote:WADA claimed, without proof, that Russians doped at the Sochi Olympics in 2014.  Now WADA has been exposed as
    spreader of libel and defamation:

    https://sputniknews.com/sport/201612091048374113-russia-athletes-sochi/

    The mandatory samples from all the Russian athletes have been re-tested and found clean.    WADA is now claiming that
    1000 Russians (including athletes) are involved in the "state organized doping program", again without a shred of proof
    aside from a "witness" who is fully in conflict of interest (he ran off to the USA and got generous financial support).   The
    above re-testing proves that this "witness" is not credible.   But WADA keeps on engaging in libel and defamation against
    Russians.

    Russia admits to doping: https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-officials-acknowledge-doping-conspiracy-report-234123038--oly.html

    http://theduran.com/new-york-times-completely-wrong-russia-admitting-doping-scandal/

    "What they do admit, as a careful reading of the comments of the other sports officials quoted in The New York Times article in fact shows, is that there was widespread doping in Russia. However they place the blame for that firmly on Dr. Grigory Rodchenkov, RUSADA’s former director."
    avatar
    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2844
    Points : 2973
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  kvs on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:45 am

    What a surprise, the same crook that is the prime "witness" for WADA was the doping instigator himself. So where is the proof and admission
    about 1000 athletes and officials in a state-run doping program? Let's have it WADA and the rest of you haters.

    BTW, it is interesting how this crook "star witness" was at first not taken seriously and overnight became the main story for WADA.
    A clear indication that WADA was greenlighted to start with its anti-Russian campaign. There was no gradual build up of evidence.

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3346
    Points : 3466
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  Vann7 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:59 pm

    Russia could be blocked from FIFA 2018...

    https://www.rt.com/sport/373507-dick-pound-ex-wada/

    Im really serious when i say ,Hopefully  they do it.. Because thats the only way i see that Moron of President Putin , to finally realize , is not worth of spending so much money in sports as they do , (51 billions in Sochi and 12 billions dollars in fifa) , when they not even allowed to host sports events and any medal will be questioned for doping (regardless if there is any truth about the concerns).  

    That way Mr Putin the moron ,will stop wasting Russian citizens economy ,billions of dollars in silly contest of how much they hit a ball , and how many medals they win. Sports is the biggest fools way to promote patriotism. Leaders with something in their brains promote better patriotism and nation unity ,through Nation development , nation infrastructure and improving their quality of lives and improving the quality of their jobs , not just collecting wheat and potatos ,but leading the world in many areas of technology for the future. Russia bad image in the world of a second grade technology nation , that its business and civilians imports almost most of its technology from abroad. It should be eye opening , ,when countries with 5 % of Russia population ,(like taiwan) , do much more for the world development than Russia in business technology.

    Russia needs better engineers and scientist and not better idiots kicking a stupid ball. 

    DR Ben Carson even complained in a speech about Obama abandoning the education
    system and asked the question ,more or less, about, What will maintain United States as the leading nation in the world? Will it be its ability to win in sports? or will it be discovering 
    solution to scientific problems?



    Where Russia needs to win is not in sports , is in education and science and developing
    of technology. This is the only way Russia will finally earn the respect it wants from the 
    west. Only when they find that Russia is too important for their own scientific and technology development they will respect Russia as equal. But as it stand now , with Mr Putin proud of being a super wheat world power , is amazing how that idiot do not get it , why the west
    does not show any respect to Russia in the world. Russians will only get respect when they 
    start to lead the world in technology and nation development and not when they lags behind
    the west.
    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15997
    Points : 16652
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  GarryB on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:36 am

    A government has to provide all sorts of things for its culture.

    Spending money only on things that will lead to military or economic advancement means cutting funding to orphanages and old people... would be cheaper and more efficient to let such things disappear than to continue to waste money supporting them right?

    The fact is that their might not be a tangible financial return in spending money on art or sport or culture, and you might not play sport yourself, but keeping people fit and socially engaged is part of what society is about.

    When doing your own budget for the week you do your essentials like rent/home ownership costs, electricity, water etc, and food, and then you have living costs like clothing and of course savings... and entertainment.

    The government is not different.

    If it stopped spending money on entertainment people would be upset... eventually new government.

    Scientists and businessmen will always drool over money wasted in sport or culture or whatever... I am sure there are plenty of military men who think social welfare is a waste of money and unemployed people should just join the military and most funds should be spent on "defence".

    That does not work either.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2844
    Points : 2973
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  kvs on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:46 pm

    It is clear that the attack on Russia in the sports realm is instigated by the USA and its minions in various outfits such as
    WADA. I wonder if Trump will dial down this attack. Probably the FIFA BS will not proceed now that Obummer the mad
    bomber is out of office and the sick war witch Killary did not win the vote.
    avatar
    Kimppis
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Posts : 246
    Points : 252
    Join date : 2014-12-23

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  Kimppis on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:55 am

    If you read the article, it's pretty clear that it doesn't contain anything new. That guy is just stating the obvious. If enough countries boycott an event, any kind of major event, it has to moved elsewhere... no shit. But does it look like that's going to happen with World Cup 2018? I don't think so. Of course, the scandal isn't over yet, but still...
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  George1 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:08 pm

    St Petersburg’s newly built football stadium hosts first 10,000 spectators

    More:
    http://tass.com/sport/930379


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  George1 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:48 pm

    Russian prime minister declares 3rd Winter World Military Games open



    More:
    http://tass.com/defense/932657


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  George1 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:43 pm

    Russia’s Sharapova handed wildcard for WTA tennis tournament in Rome

    More:
    http://tass.com/sport/933445


    2019 Winter Universiade in Krasnoyarsk to cost Russia $688 mln

    More:
    http://tass.com/sport/933377


    Putin announces new anti-doping system to be set up in Russia

    More:
    http://tass.com/sport/933364


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    kvs
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2844
    Points : 2973
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  kvs on Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:56 pm

    https://marknesop.wordpress.com/2017/03/03/as-the-quicksand-closes-over-wadas-head-a-lifeline-is-thrown-from-the-unlikeliest-quarter

    Nice blog article summarizing the latest situation with the WADA smear job on Russian athletes. As noted earlier their whole
    "case" rested on the political whore Rodchenkov who ran off to the USA (obviously paid off by Americans).

    The gross conflict of interest in this collection of US dominated kanagaroo sports monitoring outfits is incredible:

    Never mind Richard ‘Dick’ Pound simultaneously holding the chairmanship of the Independent Investigation Commission and a board position at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), to which Russian athletes had to appeal their prohibition from participation in the Rio Olympics. Predictably, none were successful, and I leave it to your imagination what the western reaction would be in similar circumstances, in which a Russian independent investigation team found western sports figures guilty of widespread doping covered up by their governments (an entirely believable scenario, by the way; Sir Bradley Wiggins, Commander of the British Empire, was permitted to ‘retire’ with his knighthood intact although he received a ‘pre-emptive’ intramuscular injection of a powerful steroid on the eve of a major race, ‘just in case’, when he was not even showing any symptoms of the asthma he said plagued him throughout his career although he did not mention it anywhere in his autobiography, My Time), and recommended blanket sanctions against western athletes while the same Russian sports administrator sat on the investigations commission and the court of appeals.
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  George1 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:00 pm

    MOSCOW, March 2. /TASS/. Two-time ice hockey Olympic winner and nine-time world champ, member of the Soviet national squad, Vladimir Petrov, has been interred at the Federal Military Memorial Cemetery in Mytishchi, Moscow region, a TASS correspondent reported from the scene.



    More:
    http://tass.com/sport/933701


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 2015
    Points : 2020
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  Regular on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:17 pm

    kvs wrote:https://marknesop.wordpress.com/2017/03/03/as-the-quicksand-closes-over-wadas-head-a-lifeline-is-thrown-from-the-unlikeliest-quarter

    Nice blog article summarizing the latest situation with the WADA smear job on Russian athletes.    As noted earlier their whole
    "case" rested on the political whore Rodchenkov who ran off to the USA (obviously paid off by Americans).  

    The gross conflict of interest in this collection of US dominated kanagaroo sports monitoring outfits is incredible:

    Never mind Richard ‘Dick’ Pound simultaneously holding the chairmanship of the Independent Investigation Commission and a board position at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), to which Russian athletes had to appeal their prohibition from participation in the Rio Olympics. Predictably, none were successful, and I leave it to your imagination what the western reaction would be in similar circumstances, in which a Russian independent investigation team found western sports figures guilty of widespread doping covered up by their governments (an entirely believable scenario, by the way; Sir Bradley Wiggins, Commander of the British Empire, was permitted to ‘retire’ with his knighthood intact although he received a ‘pre-emptive’ intramuscular injection of a powerful steroid on the eve of a major race, ‘just in case’, when he was not even showing any symptoms of the asthma he said plagued him throughout his career although he did not mention it anywhere in his autobiography, My Time), and recommended blanket sanctions against western athletes while the same Russian sports administrator sat on the investigations commission and the court of appeals.

    It's idiotic. Anyways everybody is using steroids/sarms in sport. I hope one day sport will be like bodybuilding- when You have natural athletes and steroid users competing in different leagues.
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  George1 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:38 am

    MOSCOW, March 22. /TASS/. A central track and field stadium in Makhachkala, the capital of Russia’s North Caucasus republic of Dagestan, will be named after the world’s most famous pole-vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva, Dagestani Sports Minister Magomed Magomedov told TASS on Wednesday.

    More:
    http://tass.com/sport/936927


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  George1 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:07 am

    St. Petersburg Arena to be ideal for 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup — deputy PM

    MOSCOW, April 19. /TASS/. The newly-built football stadium in Russia’s second largest city of St. Petersburg will be in an ‘ideal condition’ awaiting matches of the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, which is due to kick off in Russia in less than two months, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Vitaly Mutko said on Wednesday.

    "All works have been completed and currently the grass-layer of the pitch is being finished," Mutko, who is also the head of Russia-2018 Local Organizing Committee (LOC) and the president of the Russian Football Union (RFU), said. "The pitch will be undoubtedly ideal before the Confederations Cup."

    "No more financial allocations are necessary anymore," he said. "Additional financial means were recently channeled into the formation of security infrastructure."

    The first official match at the new stadium in Russia’s second largest city is scheduled to be held on April 22 as part of the Russian Football Premier League (RFPL) tournament’s 24th round between home team Zenit St. Petersburg and Yekaterinburg Ural FC.

    The over 68,000-seat capacity stadium designed to host the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup and the 2018 FIFA World Cup matches was laid down in the western portion of Krestovsky Island in St. Petersburg in 2007. The construction project was amended three times: in 2008, 2010 and 2013.

    The FIFA Confederations Cup, which is also viewed by experts as a rehearsal a year prior to the FIFA World Cup, will be held between June 17 and July 2 at four stadiums in Russia and they are Spartak Stadium in Moscow, St. Petersburg Stadium, Fisht Stadium in Sochi and Kazan Arena in Kazan.

    Participants in the 2017 Confederations Cup are hosts Russia, 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions Germany, 2015 Copa America Champions Chile, 2015 AFC Asian Cup Champion Australia, 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup winners Mexico, 2016 UEFA Euro Cup champs Portugal, OFC (Oceania Football Confederation) Nations Cup victors New Zealand and 2017 CAF Africa Cup of Nations Champion Cameroon.

    The Draw for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup was held on November 26, 2016 in the Russian city of Kazan. Following the event, hosts Russia was placed in Group A alongside with Portugal, Mexico and New Zealand. Group B has brought together Germany, Chile, Australia and Cameroon.

    The opening game will be held in St. Petersburg on June 17 between Russia and New Zealand. Russia will face Portugal in Moscow on June 21 and on June 24 it will play Mexico in Kazan.


    More:
    http://tass.com/sport/942187


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3346
    Points : 3466
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  Vann7 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 pm

    GarryB wrote:

    That does not work either.

    What the Russian Government and its president does .Does NOT WORK. Garry.
    It is only making it possible for a major war to start at any time. because if Russia
    fails to influence Americans or their allies into abandoning such destructive policies ,
    then eventually Russia will need to fight them. You either influence or either fight them.
    But it can't remain iddle expecting Americans to change. they will not do it. They have no
    reason for that ,since they lead the world and have no competition. and Russia shows no
    interest to compete at all.

    You have a perfect example today of a place where Americans respect Russia.
    and where is that? IN SPACE. SO why in hell Mr Putin does not invest more in space
    and less in sports? If Russia was landing in the moon today celebrating it ,stealing the
    show world wide, you will not see US and Russia relations at the brink of war , and you will not see sanctions either ,because everyone will be wanting to be closer to Russia. see ?

    Russia #1 problem in the world is NOT terrorism , is not United States. Is not their Bank.
    is their abysmal leadership in the world. their Poor influence. thats it. Because again
    if Russia was stealing the show in Business , and when say that i don't mean ,selling
    more potatoes or wheat than any other nation.

    Looks at the biggest Moron leader in the world ,Mr Putin ,what he proudly advertise.
    That he wants Russia to be the world leader in healthy food. How much retarded he can be?
    He is disconnected from the times he live. Agriculture is important ,but it shouldn't be Russia
    main focus. Russia main focus is to become a world leader too. Just like Americans are and compete with them in the business that young generations of people (the ones that control the future of any nation) to middle age, more love to spend their hard earned money .

    Putin is an insecure man , and Medvedev even more. Someone else connected with the young
    people not only in RUssia but young people of the world ,have to lead the Russian government
    and turn the nation into a very strong one in Semiconductor industry,media technology and entertainment and/Or a leader in Space. Which are the zones that only very few countries can touch. So this is what Mr Putin don't understand. is not quantity but  QUALITY of their business
    what they need to focus. Russia will NEVER , NEVER ever become a respected nation by the
    west ,and will continue in a state of war with them , and will continue being slapped in the face
    as they are in Syria and Ukraine ,and more will follow (Serbia next?),until Russia gets a president who is Connected to the times he live ,what younger generations wants and what things really makes a nation stand above all others.

    and this is the biggest Irony of all, That Putin mediocre vision of Russia role in the world,
    is what cause all the conflicts it face today ,ie.. Syria, Ukraine,and what makes it easy for
    Americans to expand NATO. Because Russia does Not offers any competition or alternative to the American world then it becomes isolated in the world as it is today. And the only nations
    that comes to Russia help if they ask for help are rejected nations , like IRAN or North korea.
    IS a very serious problem of image and leadership what Russia have.

    As long Russia depends on the American internet, the American Computers, The American entertainment ,the American fast food ,and Russians continue prefering American or European cars ,then they will continue having 5th column and 6th column and 7th and a million of opposition. The new generations are technology and entertainment addicts and this is where Russia needs to place all its eggs. not in in a wheat or potatoes race. to become the one that sells more potatoes. NO.  

    Russia needs to win the hearts of the societies that their governments wants to destroy and disband their country. is as simple as that. The Ukraine revolution will have NEVER HAPPENED had Russia was an influential nation as Germany or Japan are. A nation
    that everyone will respect for their achievements not in selling potatoes ,but in developing
    modern technology.  

    And you can't say , oh no .. its too expensive this or that , Russia have no money.. BULLSHIT.
    Putin manged to finance $52 millions USD for Sochi ,for a 2 weeks events that nobody remembers anymore and a total waste for nothing ,since now Russia is discredited in sports.
    Putin always find money to find veterans of world war 2. what an imbecile. He found money
    to finance a $200 billion dollars train to China. No  What an imbecile. and he found money another $12billions dollars to finance FIFA 2018.  

    Why the monkey president invest so much in sports? Because the idiot thinks it will help
    Russia to promote patriotism and project an image in the world of being a major power.
    and for Tourism. but see how easy the west can destroy any tourism in Russia by just sending
    jihadist here or there to blow up things. Putin simply is a dinosaur and understand nothing
    about influence ,and leadership.  If Russia was landing in the moon with Cosmonauts today,
    specially when everyone knows the American landing was fake ,it will promote more patriotism than a thousand of Sochis.  and If Russia redirect half of their budget they waste in sports ,instead towards promoting State of the art business in technology like Japan
    or American have in media communications and entertainment , then it will not be so disrespected as it is today by the west. It can be done. Look at Japan. It produce better cars than Americans. and it produce superior electronics too ,and technology. A nation with half the population of Russia and with just 3% of its territory is more respected than Russia in the world. Which shows how mediocre is the way the Russian leadership have been developing Russia.

    It is embarrassing to see Putin praising United States as the only super power and later
    complaining why Europe is not independent and does not follow independent policies. No
    Europeans see at US and compare it with Russia and see NO OPTION.  Russia offers no alternative to the American leadership in the world  .  Had Russia was just a little bit more
    competitive to American top business and had an alternative Internet , Long time ago ,the
    American empire will have ended because everyone will be jumping ship. What all the problems
    Russia face today ,tells is that , Russia needs to be INDEPENDENT NATION.Not only in politics and military as today Russia is. but in Technology and entertainment too.  and start developing a new internet too with a new banking system. Russia does not need to do all that alone , it only needs create a powerful alliance to counter US so destructive world disorder. Russia already have the sympathy of nations like France,Italy ,Greece ,Spain, people ,like Japan or South Korea ,and Latin America too. The only missing thing is the mediocre leadership in Russia that do not take advantage of the opportunities it have to Compete with the americans
    to offer an alternative to their created and very unfair and unjust world .
    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15997
    Points : 16652
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  GarryB on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 pm

    So everything is Putins fault.

    The fact that the US are bastards is Putins fault, the fact that Russia is not the most respected country and number one in every field is Putins fault.

    How fuckin old are you?

    !2?

    Do you think America is a world super power because of Trump or despite him.

    You seem to believe the western media... Putin is at once all powerful... he ordered the hacking that led to Trump getting into the white house after all... it couldn't possibly be that more than half of Americans didn't want another term of clinton/obama/bush... they didn't want more of the same... they wanted a change... and now it is pretty clear it is just more of the same bombing and whining.... and of course Putin is also weak... why else would he talk about dialog to solve problems instead of blowing the shit out of stuff... and he also does not let western companies go into Russia and buy up everything of value and strip it down and then sell it on for an enormous profit at the expense of the Russian workers.

    ie the Russian workers lose their pensions and work and the western company gets all the money and assets... that is how globalisation works... the rich get richer and everyone ends up working longer hours for less pay.

    You are a western stooge Vann and you don't even know it.

    You care what CNN and the BBC says about Russia.

    Third world country with nuclear weapons they say and you just lap that up... and of course it is all Putins fault.

    Putin is certainly not perfect and I suspect he would be the first to admit he has made mistakes.

    I really suspect he thought that the west would not lie to his face like they do and those back room deals they make to get their way I am sure he thought they would not backstab him.

    Of course Libya and now Syria, he knows they care not for peoples lives... it is all about money.

    Syria gets democracy so Qatar can pump gas to europe... they couldn't care less about the people there... the lives of the people in Aleppo were worth bitching about because they are anti Assad pro pipeline, while the people of Mosul can go fuck themselves... no humanitarian corridors for them... just butcher them like cattle.

    Why would Putin WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH THE WEST... The west is fucked up... the best thing that Putin can do is cooperate where it is beneficial to Russia and to look elsewhere for real international partners.

    Fuck the west.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  George1 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:58 pm

    FC Zenit St Petersburg 2-0 FC Ural in first official match at renovated stadium

    More:
    http://tass.com/sport/942703


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3346
    Points : 3466
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  Vann7 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:48 pm

    [quote="GarryB"]
    So everything is Putins fault.

    The fact that the US are bastards is Putins fault, the fact that Russia is not the most respected country and number one in every field is Putins fault.

    How fuckin old are you?

    !2?


    IS Putin faul Garryb is that idiot fault. Because he controls Russia
    have have a very strong influence only with the idiots in the Russian government.
    Because he have a problem with the Americans and he DOES NOT solve it
    Since Putin cannot change the way Americans think. A very materialistic nation.
    Then what other options Putin have? He have to be realistic. He cannot ignore he have
    a very serious problem ,that threaten the existence of Russia. So he needs to SOLVE the problem.  IF you have someone in school Garry that punch your face every day . then you
    need to do something about it. you cannot turn the other cheek ,and just call it unfair .
    This is what the idiot does , he goes and call unfair American actions but he does nothing
    he is weak as hell. So Russia options are either He FIGHT back. or else Try ,just fucking try
    to influence Americans with the things they and the rest of his minions followers like.
    So if someone punch your face , you cannot continue as if nothing happens . This
    is what the moron does. That behavior only encourage them to continue slapping their face
    and even increase the hostilities. Now you have American and ISrael bombing Russian soldiers
    in a military base of Syria.  No  

    [quote
    Do you think America is a world super power because of Trump or despite him.

    You seem to believe the western media... Putin is at once all powerful... he ordered the hacking that led to Trump getting into the white house after all... it couldn't possibly be that more than half of Americans didn't want another term of clinton/obama/bush... they didn't want more of the same... they wanted a change... and now it is pretty clear it is just more of the same bombing and whining.... and of course Putin is also weak... why else would he talk about dialog to solve problems instead of blowing the shit out of stuff... and he also does not let western companies go into Russia and buy up everything of value and strip it down and then sell it on for an enormous profit at the expense of the Russian workers.  

    This is what Putin does.
    Americans kick the ass of Russia and Putin says it is unfair and goes and cry at United nations.
    This is horrible to see ,is awfully embarrassing. Total weakness , this is what Russia shows.
    He cannot say FUCK americans ,and just ignore them . he can't do that. Because the Aggression will not stop. Ignoring problems Garryb NEVER solve them. You need to face problems. Americans government after government ,they go and slap Russia in the face ,
    and Putin response is what? building more nukes and investing more in sports. No
    Russia need to deal with Americans , either.
    1)Fights them back , --> WAR. (this will only work if Russia does to US what they did to NAZI Germany ,plant a flag )
    2)Or else Influence them..  (i prefer this one)
    3)Or influence Europeans to break NATO   (this one also can work)

    Whatever Putin does , the only thing he Can't do is Ignore the problem. and this is exactly
    what the Moron is doing. Putin Ignore the problem ,when he does neither #1 , neither #2 ,neither #3.  which are the only options he have. He either fights back with its military or else he try to make Russia more influential nation in the world. But the Dinosaur President will NOT make Russia more influential by winning more medals in sports.  No or by financing world war 2 veterans in Israel or baltics wasting the money such a way.  No  Russia needs to stop
    praising the Americans , (even if they are the only superpower) ,boosting even more their Egos ,if he have nothing good to say about Russia ,he then should just shut up. Putin is trying to influence Americans  change their behavior with the morals and values card. Rolling Eyes  

    KNOW YOUR ENEMY. is the first rule in war .you need to know your enemies. And Putin
    is wasting his time trying to influence US ,UK or ISrael with moral and values.wrong or right.
    he also try to influence them ,by being polite and respectful with them.  No

    This is why western analyst told that Putin strategy with Obama was to use Weakness
    as Power , and play the morals and values card. that did not work . New president and
    Policy is the same of Obama of regime change and isolation of Russia from world economy.


    You are a western stooge Vann and you don't even know it.

    You care what CNN and the BBC says about Russia.

    Third world country with nuclear weapons they say and you just lap that up... and of course it is all Putins fault.

    No Garry , is because i do care about Russia , is that i want Putin to stop being a moron.
    He not even use internet he told that ,so he is not connected with the way of thinking societies in the west. How can he understand his enemies ,the Americans if he does not have internet?
    Putin not even speak English. shows how retarded idiot he is. he should be at very least speaking in perfect English . Why? to influence better the american citizens. Putin needs to influence American citizens if he wants to avoid a war. is as simple as that. or he can
    influence European citizens too. To break NATO ,that will be even better.

    What Putin can't DO , is to IGNORE the problem and do nothing.
    What Putin can't do is to just wait for a new administration in US to come to power
    and hope for better times. it did not worked with Trump. now is official that
    all presidents in US are puppets and not the real policy makers.

    So Russia no longer can sit down and wait for a better government in the west
    to get in power. It needs to deal with the problem now.
    If Russia neither Fight back with its military to earn respect, and neither Competes for world influence with Americans ,then he is ignoring the problem.

    So Russia very existence depends on two things only.
    1)Their ability to totally destroy United States once the war start.
    2)Or...their ability to influence the world.

    It will not depend on how much healthy food Putin makes.  Suspect
    it will not depend of Russia victory parades ,how more nukes they make
    or how advanced their tanks or combat planes they build. Those things are only
    needed because of total failure of Russia in leadership in the world and in influence
    of the west. So counter the poor influence in popular business Russia have in the world ,it cost them a lot of money in building a huge military.

    it will not depend of the GDP grows this year or then next. it will not depend
    on how much morals and values Russia have. It will not depend on how much Putin praise
    Americans as the only super power, it will only depend on Russia ability to create an alternative
    world to the Americans one. Because the only other option is war.


    Putin is certainly not perfect and I suspect he would be the first to admit he has made mistakes.

    His biggest problem is that he does not influence Americans ,neither Europeans to stop
    their war against them. Didn't i told you ,that the Euromaidan in Ukraine will have NEVER
    happened if Russia was as developed nation as JAPAN or Germany or even South korea are?
    If Russia had a strong influence in the young generations people in US and Europe ,none
    of this cold war /hot proxy war will be happening at all. Ukrainians will have been protesting instead to JOIN RUSSIA ,and not to be closer to Europe. But Russia poor influence and focusing
    only in easy money ,that Gazprom give , or Agriculture or making many medals in sports ,is not going to help Russia to de-conflict with the west. Russia needs to compete with American most popular and successful business that young people like ,is as simple as that. that is Technology for entertainment, and Space.  Doing well in sport cars is not bad either.


    Why would Putin WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH THE WEST....

    Because if Russia do not Influence the west..
    IT WILL HAVE TO FIGHT THEM and it will be a world war 3 in a matter of time
    thats why.  So if Russia wants a world war 3 ,then good luck to mr Putin. because
    thats exactly what he is *unintentionally* promoting by doing NOTHING to influence the west.

    Putin needs to motivate with Russia own nation development Europeans to move away from NATO. And building more nukes will not do it. earning more medals in sports ,even less.  Stealing the show in Space doing things Americans have never done ,will do it. Leading or at least being strong in most popular technology business too. Is an image problem what Russia
    have. and that its own President do not understand how to influence the west.

    Im not saying that the source of the problems in the world is Putin or Russia .. NO.
    Im saying that Putin makes things WORSE ,by not solving the problems in the world
    that Americans create. The world is hostage by a criminal Globalist mafia ,that controls US-NATO-EU .and it is important that Russia understand how to counter it. Is either fight back at them or to Influence them so they don't need to fight them. BRICS was a good step in the right direction ,but the focus is totally wrong. it should not be only about lending money. Russia needs to create a technology/entertainment/space block to become leaders in the world. If i was leading in Russia ,will have try to get Japan,China,SOuth Korea together with Russia. that will be a truly powerful technology/electronics/space/entertainment block ,and perhaps try to get France and Italy and India in a free trade block. that will be something . I truly believe Russia future is Japan , it have ALL the conditions , ALL of them to get Japan on his side. and something like that will be a HUGE blow to Americans and Europe. and will force them to pick a side.and as a bonus South Korea too. But before that happens , Russia needs to show LEADERSHIP too. it need to stop following and start leading. It needs to start to take very seriously space leadership , and computers and electronics for entertainment too.
    Europe will abandon Americans Only when no longer they see they are needed. and this will be
    a positive thing even for americans citizens too ,because it will show US elite ,that the Empire is over ,and now they need to work as equals with other nations and end their World Global control ambitions. As long Russia allows Americans to dominate and influence the world in so much very popular business and technology ,things that people LOVE to spend their money and do long lines for it. then the americans elite will see no need to back down with the submission
    of the entire world. This is why Putins needs to turn Russia into a totally Independent nation ,
    not just in words of politics and not just in military , but in technology too and entertainment.
    and why it needs to steal the show in Space and not just be happy to be a taxi to the ISS. and stop wasting their money in Olympics or remembering 50/100 year old victories.

    anyways , this is my last argument. i can summarize all by saying Russia needs
    to be 100% independent nation , and stop depending in the west and become leaders in nation development and technology that really makes a difference in the world.if it wants to be taken seriously ever.

    avatar
    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15997
    Points : 16652
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  GarryB on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:36 am

    Putin is so unpopular in the west because he is independent and because he is good for Russia.

    If the west really was walking all over Putin and he had not clue how to respond the west would be telling the world how great Putin is and that more countries should have leaders just like him.

    You seem to think Russia needs to become more like the west... it seems in the elections taking place in the last few months that the west is sick of the liberal pro gay western media and is voting for alternatives... like Trump, like Brexit, like Le Penn... even 5 years ago that would be considered a silly idea... and even today the liberal western media don't understand it themselves and blame Putin and Russian hacking for these results which they are not expecting because they have no capacity for critical thought and just do as big business and big money tell them to do and think.

    Do you think it is an accident that there seems to be a steady stream of Americans joining RT and that watching RT for a couple of hours and you think it is not so much Russia Today, and more Alternative America Today for journalists sick of towing the party line in the western media...

    Don't worry Vann... Putin is not your problem and never will be. Keep thinking what the western media tells you, he is the root of all the problems in Russia... that is why the real Russians keep voting for him.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3346
    Points : 3466
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  Vann7 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:52 am

    GarryB wrote:Putin is so unpopular in the west because he is independent and because he is good for Russia.

    If the west really was walking all over Putin and he had not clue how to respond the west would be telling the world how great Putin is and that more countries should have leaders just like him.

    You seem to think Russia needs to become more like the west... it seems in the elections taking place in the last few months that the west is sick of the liberal pro gay western media and is voting for alternatives... like Trump, like Brexit, like Le Penn... even 5 years ago that would be considered a silly idea... and even today the liberal western media don't understand it themselves and blame Putin and Russian hacking for these results which they are not expecting because they have no capacity for critical thought and just do as big business and big money tell them to do and think.

    Do you think it is an accident that there seems to be a steady stream of Americans joining RT and that watching RT for a couple of hours and you think it is not so much Russia Today, and more Alternative America Today for journalists sick of towing the party line in the western media...

    Don't worry Vann... Putin is not your problem and never will be. Keep thinking what the western media tells you, he is the root of all the problems in Russia... that is why the real Russians keep voting for him.




    Putin is so unpopular in the west because he is independent and because he is good for Russia.

    They hate Putin because he PROMOTES independence with words , but Russia IS NOT independent.  And this is the FUCKING PROBLEM. IF Russia was Truly independent in modern business  ,then it will not be at war with the west. And the only fight they will see
    is Western companies fighting for the rights to sell Russian technology. if Russia was landing in Moon and Mars , no single sanction will be in place and Europeans all cheering Russia and NATO disband. because everyone will like to be closer to the winning side. to top leading nations. can you see this ?  and Americans will realize that it needs Russia too . because they have a lot to win their own nation development with having good relations with them.. see?

    Americans offers Ukrainians ,all the things they want , good salaries ,with best business.
    Russia offers ukrainians gas discounts.  Neutral  and then is not surprising why Russia is fighting
    their own brothers in Ukraine. because the monkey president forgot to develop Russia Business ,in such a way ,that could be seen as an alternative to US business..

    He got crimea only when the bandera nazis got in power and began a major crackdown on
    any ethnic Russians. to remove all their rights. So naturally they will pick Russia. But had Russia had influence in the world their business ,it will have never lost Ukraine at all. and will
    have never seek independence from Russia. Is poor image and poor influence with young
    generations Russia problem. Had Russia was an influential and very developed nation today
    then it will be impossible for any Euromaidan to happen at all ,since society will want to stay
    with the nation that is more stronger and more developed.

    Russia is Not really an a truly independent nation and this is the problem. Putin ask Europeans to stop following Americans destruction of the world ,but he does not offer any alternative to Americans business world. Since Russia follows Americans too. and this is the fucking problem Russia have that is NOT truly Independent and Putin does not show any serious interest to compete with US . No   They had a major winning smartphone yotaphone ,a new technology business that was a step in the right direction and allowed it to be sold to China.  lol1

    They had a very promising sport car , Marussia and allowed it to go bankrupt. Is like Putin don't really see the connection on how popular technology ,can be used as a weapon to get world to support you and follow you nation .

    The west see Russia that is not an alternative for US world leadership and this is Putin problem.
    Because he is the one ,that have the last word on how the economy will be developed in Russia
    That is is not a good leader , he is actually insecure man.
    just look at the "Genius" Putin , downplaying his own nation.   No



    So what kind of message Putin is sending to the Americans? That he is weak ,insecure/
    and that is about to collapse , that they need to keep pushing Russia and putin will break.
    So let me try clarify things so you don't get confused.
    The problem in the world violence is US imperialism. But the problem in Russia incapability
    to stop Americans aggression is and dominance over the world is Putin. There is no contradiction in this.  Putin is the problem of Russia . Why? Because Russia have all the capabilities to fight back and create a new world order but they do next to nothing.
    BRICS was a good step in right direction but it was limited to just banking system and nothing
    else. they should have pushed for a new internet ,and a mission to mars or moon together.
    and replacing American technology. that will have scared a lot them.
    Since Putin came to power in 2000 , all his strategy was all about making easy money and keeping a low profile in the world. All his strategy was all about gazprom. To try to take the monopoly of EuroAsian energy. and this is exactly the reason why Americans wants to destroy Syria ,to create a pipeline to counter Russia energy business in Europe. See this?  Russia wants to be independent ,but does not do enough to be really independent nation. Russia continues using
    American Internet ,American Technology ,American software ,American entertainment ,American computers ,American fast food, and so and so. . American banking system.
    So Putin allows Americans to completely dominate everything that Russians citizens like
    and later do not understand why he have a 5th column.  No    


    You seem to think Russia needs to become more like the west...

    No , i never said that Russia needs to be like americans. but it needs to be better instead.
    Because a leader in the world , thats is what Russia needs to do. become a a strong leading
    nation. and when i say Leader is in the things that really matters that very few nations can do.
    And not a leader in farming wheat or potatoes. or a leader in healthy food.  Suspect  he is a dinosaur , and still living in the soviet times ,without a doubt.. really poor vision of Russia. No

    Here Garry signs that people in the Space industry of Russia completely dissapointed
    with lack of progress in Space by RUssia .

    https://www.rt.com/news/385727-russian-record-holding-cosmonaut-resigns/

    there is nothing to do he told.  No

    This is horrible. that Russian world record holder have to go to the media
    and complain of Russia space program ,lack of progress .  No

    and Trump ,Brexit and Lepen this was consequence of American elite blowback for the
    millions of muslins refugees they created with their wars. but also the risk of a world war 3.
    So is not Putin influence what made those 3 events to happen. But instead the horror of europeans to see their nations destroyed by muslins with their invasion ,.Scared of the way US policy was driving the planet. So is not that Putin attracted them. But instead
    that American alliance with ISIS and Alqaeda and threatening starting a world war 3,
    pushed many in Europe to distance from US policies.  so is a different thing ,is not Putin the one that should take credit.  IT is Obama regime the one that annoyed the hell of Europeans
    by the millions of muslins they were forced to take at the risk of their nation security in the name of the AMericans Empire. So it was Americans Elites, and their alliance with terrorism and push for a world war 3 with Russia ,what Pushed Europeans away of them. IF it wasn't by Germany and France , that came to rescue Russia by blocking Obama attempts of providing
    lethal weapons to Ukraine, today Ukraine will be armed to the teeth with very advance weapons to fight Russia and for them to invade.  



    Do you think it is an accident that there seems to be a steady stream of Americans joining RT and that watching RT for a couple of hours and you think it is not so much Russia Today, and more Alternative America Today for journalists sick of towing the party line in the western media...  

    WHich goes to the point i already told you , that the only way Russia is influencing the
    west is with MORALs and values. Right and wrong. But this is not enough. Because Europeans needs more than morals and values to become followers ,to convince them to abandon United States Empire and their created world disOrder.  By being polite and good ,you are not going to convince Europeans to risk their quality of lives ,their technology and nation development  ,for discounts in gas by Putin.    No

    This is why i told you , Russia real problem is a problem of leadership. and problem of Influence. Nobody will change US for Russia. Nobody will sacrifice Apple,Internet ,Intel,Hollywood and American more ambitious space program ,for Putin lessons of morals.
    So this is why Russia needs to compete with US business leadership ,in things  that really win the hearts of people and very few or no one can do. And why Europe you asked before?
    Because without Europe , NATO cannot exist. thats why. IF Russia manage to influence
    France,Germany,italy and most European nations . Then all those American military bases will have to go.. and Russia will be safer. and no longer Americans will be able to start a war anywhere if Russia and Europe refuse to allow american warships to get fuel in their ports.
    And then in alliance with Russia and China create a new banking system a new fair United NATIONS, truthful media and a fair world and a NATO alternative ,and collapse US dollar.  So Russia could really defeat the american empire without firing a shot ,or developing any more nukes, or submarine,by just becoming a more influential nation. But Russia will never be influential if Putin waste all the money is stupid sports,
    and "healthy food." and hope for maybe the next ,next next president or the next in US to
    want good relations with a leaderless Russia.  lol1 By become a leader and an alternative to US. Russia/CHina combined could do it ,being a leader in space ,and technology too that everyone likes to spend their hard earned money. Japan will switch alliances if Europe and Russia/China creates a new block. and once NATO disbanded ,US will become a regional power and will abandon their imperialist world project.

    This is what you don't get Garryb.. That if Putin was a real strong and major world leader and had pushed Russia to become a world leader in business too ,just like Japan,Germany and US are. Then the story will have been totally different. And Russia will have earned half of Europe already towards Russia side ,creating an economic ,military and political alliance. You say that the west attack Putin because he is independent. and is in reality ,in real practice the other way. Putin and Russia are attacked because (they are not TRULY independent) ,Not a leader,just another follower of American leadership ,but that bitch and complains about their leadership ,but does nothing to offer an alternative to them.  understand ?   This is my whole fucking point , That if Russia was TRULY INDEPENDENT in the most modern nation in the world, not just in military or politics ..like now. But also Truly independent in modern business , then none of this problems we see today will have happened.  None of this state of potential world war 3 ,will be happening.. why? Because Americans will find themselves completely isolated and without allies. THIS IS THE FUCKING problem of Putin's development of Russia. That it does not compete with Americans ,for becoming at least an alternative to US. That Russia does not make any major efforts to win the hearts of the west ,so they don't follow such destructive Empire like US.  If Europe goes and abandon the US leadership and makes an alliance with Russia,then the americans will be unable to continue terrorizing the world. Their economy could even collapse if Continue hostilities ,and will be under sanctions by Europe ,Russia and China.
    see?  Is a power problem ,an influence problem ,what Russia have . Consequences of a very
    obsolete leader that have no clue ,of what he is doing with his policy. Putin only balance
    his mediocre leadership by being good in diplomacy ,and making others feel compassion for poor Russia. how unfair the world is with them.  No

    But If putin is happy with being slapped in the face every time , being Russia humiliated again and again . disrespected then go ahead and keep praising that dinosaur. He is really terrible leader. Leaders are supposed to motivate people to be better. and are supposed to influence
    important nations

    Very poor strategy is what Russia is doing to counter the west. Russia is basically influencing the west with Moral and values (through RT and SPutnik) , the rights and wrong card ,by showing the injustice Americans and NATO doing in the world. but also use their modern nukes as a fear tactic , to influence/convince NATO to stop their hostilities towards Russia. But this will not end the attacks on Russia in only makes them change their tactics and fight by proxy. What the west is doing is fighting RUssia by proxy in a direct war to Russian allies. Putin vision of Russia does not work . he is fighting the west only with its military modernization and media popularity. which is good but not enough. and totally  forgot to fight the west by competing with their popular business too ,that more helps them influence the world.

    The Fight between American+ Europeans elites vs Russia is nothing more and nothing less than a fight for influence. The west fight for total domination of the world and Russia
    fight for the world to not follow them ,while not offering an alternative to their Business.
    and Putin is doing everything possible to lose.  Laughing  Because he refuse to make Russia a truly independent nation and instead becomes happy after having a powerful army, with just exporting potatoes ,healthy food and winning medals in olympics ,while allowing Americans to dominate in everything ,steal the show in business in the most popular and more meaningful for society.  Mad   Now they almost every week using NASA as a promotion tool to the american empire ,mars and moon ,they adversing taking a leading role in space again.
    and Russia is sleeping. promoting healthy sports and healthy food.  Mad

    And this is the biggest irony Garryb.
    that you say the west fight Russia because is independent. and in reality in real practice is
    the other way. They fight Russia ,precisely because IS NOT INDEPENDENT  . Not a truly
    independent nation.  if Russia was a truly Independent nation ,it will be a fully developed
    self sufficient nation in everything. not only in military and food and politics ,but also in Business and technology too.  If Russia was really independent ,modern and developed nation. The west will not be fighting to destroy Russia. but instead will be fighting for having
    the rights to distribute Russian technology ,fighting for having business with Russia.
    for Russia help the west in their development. help in how to master space travel in manned landing in other planets in solar system.. If Russia was really independent modern and developed leader nation ,it will be extremely influential. and no one will be seeking to destroy it in the west ,but instead to be allied with Russia. Everyone likes to follow strong and successful leading countries that leads the world development. Putin will never help Russia to survive if all it does is focus in GDP growth in any meaningless easy to do business that even third world nations can compete and pay no attention to making Russia an alternative to US business.



    Last edited by Vann7 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:12 am; edited 10 times in total
    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  George1 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:01 pm

    First win for Sarapova at her return after a fifteen-months-long disqualification for the use of Meldonium

    More:
    http://tass.com/sport/943463


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  George1 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:42 pm

    FIA Formula One 2017 Russian Grand Prix boosts off in Sochi

    More:
    http://tass.com/sport/944023


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9991
    Points : 10481
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  George1 on Mon May 22, 2017 3:08 pm

    Russia captures bronze of 2017 IIHF World Championship

    More:
    http://tass.com/sport/946861


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov


    Sponsored content

    Re: Russia Sports News:

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri May 26, 2017 7:23 am