We have to create a new national system of early warning
General Director of JSC "RTI" Sergey Boev told "Interfax" on the group's activities and plans for its development
State armaments program for the period up to 2020, provides large-scale construction in the interests Forces Aerospace harrows powerful radar system of the new generation of missile warning (EWS). Prime contractor implementation work is the concern of "RTI". On the group's activities and plans for its development, "Interfax-AVN," said Director General of "RTI", chief designer of the missile warning Sergey Boev.
- Sergei Fedotovich, the Defense Ministry and the army ASD states that radar early warning system of "Voronezh" development and production concern "RTI" will form the basis of the ground segment of the missile warning. What are the advantages of these plants?
- Ground segment of early warning in this country has traditionally involved two institutions - RTI Academician A.L.Mintsa distance radio communication and research institutes. Both institutions are our concern.
There was a very serious job, in my opinion, an unprecedented perspective on the problem of radar image, solve problems related to the new challenges and threats. It was clear that the new radar system should be better than all predecessors.
What is better, what criteria apply? There are characteristics of radar, due to the laws of physics, without increasing the size of the antenna station, you can not get a signal or a higher power to provide increased detection range. At the same time, there are a number of characteristics that are achieved by a more modern and highly intelligent decisions. Due to this fact, a completely different, better, the level of armaments.
Right here is exactly the same case. For example, our stations, in contrast to previous generations of radar, are deprived of the problems associated with the cooling of the emitting devices, which required massive infrastructure, and, consequently, the need for additional power and process equipment. Need this now disappeared. At times the number of reduced operational staff on combat duty in the new stations EWS.
If you compare the station type "Voronezh" similar problems with crucial U.S. radar, you can see that our foreign models are inferior in some aspects! For example, having approximately the same specifications, the American radar essentially lose in operating costs.
It is very important to the new stations has implemented a number of innovative technical solutions. In particular, the use of intellectual phased array antenna with a digital formation and management of the radiation pattern, the total polarization receiving reflected signals vysokoinformatsionnyh broadband probing signal, and digital signal processing with special processor ultra high performance in-house development and manufacturing.
A fundamentally new approach to self stations. Erected by us in various regions of the country radar missile warning - this is a radar with an open architecture. It is possible to select and set a certain level of performance, depending on the challenges and physical and geographical conditions of the region placement, using different set of equipment.
An important advantage of our radar - it is their high operational.
For the first time in the history of the armament of this complexity, their deployment on the objects are in a very short period - 1.5 years. Stress, previously it took at least 10 years! New stations are called - high operational station. Construction readiness technological platform practically only need to install the antenna curtains, the rest of electronic equipment in finished form is applied to an object, it is assembled and adjusted. This sort of "LEGO Construction", which can be assembled by mounting the large functional blocks, manufactured at the enterprises of our group.
Today, new stations comply with the requirements specified Troops of Aerospace Defense. Especially pay attention to the fact that they contain technological capabilities, if needed, could be used for further expansion of the tactical and technical characteristics.
- According to reports, troops EKR the commissioning of one or the other of the new station, work on their construction are deployed, as they say, a broad front?
- Yes, our concern today is a very serious problem. In a short period of time we have to solve large-scale task, in fact, it is about creating a new early warning system of the ground segment based radar perspective of "Voronezh", located exclusively in the territory of our country.
The original plan for this task had until 2020. Decision of the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin's term for its implementation defined - 2018. It made us not only to reconsider, but the maximum tightening schedules enterprises cooperation.
Now the results of work in 2012. Commissioned and put on combat duty in the first radar MAWS Lekhtusi Leningrad region. State tests conducted the first sector and continues to create the second sector of the radar complex in the Irkutsk region. State tests are conducted in Armavir radar complex. Solved target capacity performance characteristics radar in the Kaliningrad region, located on the pilot alert.
Cooperation in enterprises started production of apparatus and equipment for another five promising radar early warning system.
But that's not all. Ensuring reliable aerospace defense establishment is responsible for the same period of the two objects to be placed on their radar horizon location. One object is created in the, in the Volga region in Kovylkino, the second planned for the Far East.
Since their entry into service will be substantially improved performance for the detection and delivery of information on the prevention of future air and space attack in the first place, at hypersonic aircraft and strategic cruise missiles.
In short, the enterprise group to be hard work to deal with all the planned until 2018.
- What does it mean to provide continuous radar field?
- It means that those gaps that still exist in the radar field of missile warning, will be eliminated. In all directions will be carried out missile-intelligence aerospace enemy technical means deployed in the Russian Federation.
Definitely improve the quality of the tasks facing the ground echelon of the EWS, is only possible in conjunction with its space echelon that create and develop co-operatives led by CNPO "Comet."
Currently, his team has focused on the creation of the Single space system. I believe that with the introduction of its operational capabilities integrated early warning system, and, consequently, the level of strategic deterrence considerably.
- Recently it was announced that Russia suspends operation of Gabala radar station. Can the Armavir station for this loss?
- Radar systems deployed in Armavir, able to fully compensate for the loss of information from the Gabala radar station. Furthermore, it is this system allows up for the loss of information from radars in Mukachevo and Sevastopol, which Russia leased from Ukraine, but then abandoned them. Entering this complex into service EWS provides a reliable solution to the problems of the southern and southeastern missile-threat directions.
Certainly, we are facing a serious problem with the inter-state problems on the Gabala station. We should not be later than the first quarter of 2013 to complete the state tests and put Armavir complex on alert.
I can not say a word about Gabaliskoy station because "DTV" for its time - it was a station is very high technical level, with a lot of intellectual reserve. If we made its modernization, using modern technology that we have, we would give this product a new quality. But that did not happen, it does not happen.
Stress as the modernized Gabala radar station, and practically created in Armavir radar system could be integrated into the European missile defense system.
- A number of stations are on the early warning system in CIS countries, including Belarus and Kazakhstan. What are the prospects for their use?
- Based on the force since 1992 intergovernmental agreement on the means of systems of missile warning and space control between Russia and Kazakhstan in 1994, and the Russian Federation and Belarus in 1995, signed long-term (25-year) agreements governing the status and how to use the radar early warning system within their territory.
Group will continue to perform work on the maintenance and upgrading of the technical condition of the funds.
- What about the concern with ensuring the targets of production and, above all, human resources?
- We think about it, constantly are working to upgrade our facilities. Although are in difficult circumstances. Because, as a private company, we are unable to receive appropriations from the state program of development of the military-industrial complex. Until recently there was a certain order of receipt of funds under this budget expenditure. According to him, for instance, we have been in exchange for government loans and subsidies given to their shares. That is to change money into shares. And given that we have got this stock is not for nothing, we are already in the market to buy one, for us, this exchange is quite complex.
However, we have invested about $ 20 million a deep modernization of Saransk television factory in Mordovia. In this work, which is implemented on a public-private partnership involved the administration of Mordovia. We have received an interest-free loan, which made it possible not only to improve something in the factory and to create, in effect, a new plant. This company is now the leader in the country, including - for the average wage of workers. The plant is currently the only supplier of electronic systems for a new generation of missile early warning radar system.
At Yaroslavl Radio also carried us a great upgrade, now is a deep modernization at Dubna Machine-Building Plant. And that's just in terms of military production segment group.
At the same time we have done a lot of work for the development of microelectronics at the "Micron" in Zelenograd. This year we launched the production line of chips at 90-nm technology. This is a huge success of the state scale: we have dramatically reduced the gap on the basis of electronic components from the world's leading countries were included in the eight countries that have these technologies.
But all the same problems remain. First of all, it concerns the capacity of design patterns, developer. Because the greatest losses suffered by almost all research institutions, including ours - is the loss of a large number of developers. We have lost much of the class. Everywhere in varying degrees, but still it happened. In the "wild 90s" we almost lost the entire middle layer of our developers. Employees of our companies mainly went to the "Beeline" and the telecommunications business. Then it was more profitable. There were those who went to work in the West.
Now we have a big task - to unite and form a full-fledged design teams, aimed at addressing the challenges and future challenges. Last year we were able to attract over 250 young professionals. Not just workers, engineers, namely, those professionals who will develop and design new products. This is pretty serious effort. And yet, we see the need for greater efforts in this area.
To address this long-standing problem of training qualified personnel we have established close cooperation with leading educational institutions of the country. We have our own department, joint laboratories, their post-graduate training. This gives us the opportunity to continually strengthen training capacities of researchers, developers, and designers. Today, the main suppliers of us are professionals such leading universities as MIPT, Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, MAI, Bauman. In them we select promising students who are already on the 2nd and 3rd courses begin our thematic work. After graduation, they will have a good career and earn some serious money. For nonresident we solve the problem of housing, including through the purchase of housing for young professionals.
- Concern "RTI" to solve important problems in the field of defense. It would probably be fair to it are subject to federal target program of defense?
- We have raised this issue several times, including at a meeting with the Deputy Chairman of the Russian Federation, Dmitry Rogozin Olegovich meetings of the Military-Industrial Commission. It is very important for government subsidies, because the industry can not move forward without it. Today only through private investment objectives of rearmament is not solved. Obvious to me that this problem is best solved on the basis of public-private partnership.
- With a private company to the state, obviously, harder to work with than SOEs?
- Yes, probably harder. Certainly, the state should be the appropriate control. Also need an appropriate level of interaction with the customer. However, I am absolutely convinced that our performance is much higher. And our example is clearly demonstrated.
Another thing is that, for example, in the Soviet era, has received an order from the Ministry of Defence, the company knew that this order laid money on special equipment. Who does not.
This, I think, a mistake, because we will eventually lose the level of product quality. What is special equipment? This, above all, the measurement, laboratory equipment, which provided a very different solution to the problem of product quality. Many problems with deterioration, which today is related to the fact that the industrial enterprises lack Park metrology equipment. We, of course, solve the issue, but it is better to solve a long-tested economic mechanisms. In the end, a special equipment would remain the property of the Ministry of Defense, which would even receive rent for it. But the general case would have won.
- Are you satisfied with the level of interaction with your primary customer - the Ministry of Defence?
- The concern with the Defense perennial orders and contracts. In terms of the solution of our main problem we have with the Department of Defense, and above all with the troops ASD oiled machine interaction. Because we solve the problem very serious, nationwide. We have to do it, remember, in a short time at a high level. In this paper, one mistake with serious consequences. In fact, it is one of the elements of strategic deterrence. In this situation, the error has a very high price.
At present, work on creating advanced weapons carried us on credit - get state guarantees for loans they take on these loans products.
Of course, the credit scheme for us is not very comfortable. There was a time when we were trying to defend the pre-existing order. We use credit schemes, but not at the levels it is now, and to close the "narrow" places, gaps in funding. But when you're all production immediately for loans, reduced yield - part of the resource to be spent on servicing interest on loans.
Russian Defense Ministry advances us on a number of projects. Although advances are quite rhythmically, unfortunately, its timeframes do not suit us. To ensure the fulfillment of contractual obligations we have to advance to advance the work of our co-operation with a long run. And this despite the fact that the funds from the state are not yet available.
This is a blow to the profits that inhibits the development of production and the social agenda. I believe that this mechanism will be improved. Very much hope that the proposals, which are aimed at us, the Russian government will be considered, which will improve the situation.
- In Russia, for several years, measures to develop the domestic electronic components. As your concern is involved?
- Absolutely clear that this is a serious, national problem. In the field of microelectronics, we have introduced in Zelenograd microchip production line technology first 180 nm, then 90 nm, the question of the transition to 65 nanometers - a major step forward.
When we talk about the use of imported electronic component base in our products, we have to admit that it has in our products. Sometimes they share well above 50 percent. For example, in the space industry, it surpasses 90 percent. Although, as you know, for that area, which we are doing for the defense industry and military space this overarching objective. Very big money is spent and a lot of energy is diverted for inspection of foreign electronic components. Especially at the space and military.
- So you do not agree with those who say that the chips can be bought abroad, no harm in it is not?
- This is absolutely not correct. Of course, we will have to buy chips abroad, but it must be remembered that the presence of its own microelectronics - is a matter of national security. This is directly related to the increasing role of information technology and the need for cyber security in all areas of society.
- How do you see Concern "RTI" in the future?
- Concern is growing. We will develop a number of new directions. We do not accidentally completed the acquisition of "Envision." We are convinced that we will leaders in system integration with the acquisition of the company. Because this is a very serious, mobile, fast team. This is one of the best teams in the market today. The integration of this team with our systems integration division will give us a new quality in the area.
Today we aggressively go in space technology. Sooner or later, there's go to an adult. And it will also be linked to the acquisition of the assets involved in space technology. And, of course, we will develop our own technology, we are working - information, communication technology, and radio engineering. Concern is growing!