Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8092
    Points : 8178
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:01 am

    kvs wrote:.....

    The troll clown who calls Rogozin the "trampoline" man whines like a butthurt Yankee. Rogozin rightly assessed the US
    ability to get to the ISS on their own as akin to using a trampoline. Only those for which this hits too close to home are
    going to denigrate Rogozin for the statement.

    Oh how fun, some self-loathing Canuck is thinking that he insults me by calling me Yankee, this is next level irony lol1

    USA has no man rated rocket ATM because they chose not to have it when they retired shuttle not because they can't have one

    But Trampoline Man is too busy being idiot to comprehend the fact that they are using Soyuz as a way to save cash not because they actually need it

    As always that fat moron has neither intelligence nor dignity
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1555
    Points : 1557
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:28 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    One thing.

    Just one thing.

    All they need to do in order to prove me wrong is to accomplish one thing that was not already up and running back when JFK was still humping half of Hollywood.

    Just one thing that does not have "Made in USSR" stenciled on it.

    That's all I ask.

    Angara 1 & 5.  hand-made initial prototypes tested.  Serial production certification articles manufactured, currently testing for delivery of 1x A-5 stack to Plesetsk by years end.
    Federation.  Delayed but proceeding.

    Most programs are evolutionary developments from Soviet-legacy systems, but that is nothing to sneer at.  Both Soyuz & Progress have made multiple generational improvements since 1991, and now they are free of Ukropistani components.

    Spektr-R is probably the sole highlight of Russian space science. Phobos-Grunt was another embarrassing fuckup, as was Coronas. Hmm... your criticisms are valid here at least. Sad

    Meh, not sure why i bother.  It's not like facts or reality can pierce your self-imposed bubble.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8092
    Points : 8178
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:51 pm

    Big_Gazza wrote:......
    Angara 1 & 5.  hand-made initial prototypes tested.  Serial production certification articles manufactured, currently testing for delivery of 1x A-5 stack to Plesetsk by years end.....

    Tested. Never used. Not a single kilo of payload has been delivered. Not even after two decades.

    Serial production years away at best.


    Big_Gazza wrote:....
    Federation.  Delayed but proceeding.....

    Delayed is the callsign of entire Russian space program.

    Trampoline Man went on record that Federation moved to Angara as delivery system. Angara can't handle payload of that size.

    What do you think is next logical step now? They sure as shit won't be fast-tracking the project after this fuckup.

    Amount of projects completed: ZERO
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13321
    Points : 13808
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  George1 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:54 am

    Splashdown trials of Russia’s new manned spacecraft to begin next spring

    All required calculations have already been completed

    MOSCOW, November 28. /TASS/. Splashdown trials for the reentry module of Russia’s future manned spacecraft Federatsiya (Federation) will begin at Russia’s Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute (TsAGI) in the spring of 2019, the institute’s director general, Kirill Sypalo, told TASS.

    According to the officials, all required calculations have already been completed.

    "Right now we are planning experimental trials of a model, [to be held] at our hydrodynamic test canal," the scientist said.

    The TsAGI is the traditional partner of the Energia Space Rocket Corporation (the developer of the Federatsiya spacecraft) and is responsible for the air segment of the trajectory of space and aerospace systems. In January, the TsAGI chief executive said tests of the spacecraft’s model for the stage of its descent in the atmosphere had been held in the institute’s wind tunnels.

    The Federatsiya spacecraft is being developed by the Energia Space Rocket Corporation. The spacecraft is designed to deliver humans and cargoes both into a near-Earth orbit and into deep space. The spacecraft will have a crew of up to 4 persons. It will be capable of operating in the mode of an autonomous flight for up to 30 days and for a term of a year as part of an orbital station.

    As the Energia press office reported, the corporation has issued the main volume of working design documentation for holding autonomous and comprehensive trials. Energia has also launched work to make the mockups of the spacecraft’s compartments, including their structural design and onboard systems. The promising transport spacecraft is scheduled to enter flight trials in an unmanned mode in 2022.


    More:
    http://tass.com/science/1033019
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13321
    Points : 13808
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  George1 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:22 pm

    Russia to use Federatsiya spacecraft for deep space flights, says Roscosmos chief


    It is intended for flights to the Moon and for deep space rather than for flights to the ISS, Dmitry Rogozin said

    MOSCOW, February 22. /TASS/.Russia’s promising Federatsiya spacecraft that will be renamed will be used for flights to the Moon and deep space flights, Head of State Space Corporation Roscosmos Dmitry Rogozin told journalists on Friday.

    "While the flight tests of the new manned transport spacecraft, which we earlier called Federatsiya, will begin in 2022, we proceed from the fact that this will be a heavy reusable spacecraft with the enhanced thermal and radiation protection," the Roscosmos chief said.

    "That is, it is intended for flights to the Moon and for deep space rather than for flights to the ISS [International Space Station]. This is because it will be very costly to use it on the ISS while Soyuz MS spacecraft and its further modifications will remain for the ISS," Rogozin said.


    More:
    http://tass.com/science/1046038
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1555
    Points : 1557
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  Big_Gazza on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:11 am

    George1 wrote:

    Russia to use Federatsiya spacecraft for deep space flights, says Roscosmos chief



    It is intended for flights to the Moon and for deep space rather than for flights to the ISS, Dmitry Rogozin said

    MOSCOW, February 22. /TASS/.Russia’s promising Federatsiya spacecraft that will be renamed will be used for flights to the Moon and deep space flights, Head of State Space Corporation Roscosmos Dmitry Rogozin told journalists on Friday.

    "While the flight tests of the new manned transport spacecraft, which we earlier called Federatsiya, will begin in 2022, we proceed from the fact that this will be a heavy reusable spacecraft with the enhanced thermal and radiation protection," the Roscosmos chief said.

    "That is, it is intended for flights to the Moon and for deep space rather than for flights to the ISS [International Space Station]. This is because it will be very costly to use it on the ISS while Soyuz MS spacecraft and its further modifications will remain for the ISS," Rogozin said.

    More:
    http://tass.com/science/1046038

    Hardly a surprise. Soyuz is fine for LEO and for ISS ferry ops. Its cheap and reliable, and its support infrastructure is paid for.

    Federation will likely be used for an ISS follow-on, eg the Russians disconnect their complex and fly it away as the core of a new station.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8092
    Points : 8178
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:15 am


    So he is just repeating what everyone already knew but big twist is that he will rename the spacecraft?

    Didn't Medvedev already warn him not to talk about sh*t he knows nothing about?

    And what was wrong with old name? Didn't they have contest and everything? So people who voted for it were morons?

    I sense another delay here pretty soon, he is already laying down groundwork...

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 4382
    Points : 4497
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  kvs on Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:18 am

    Deep space flights in a tin can? They need to look up Solar coronal mass ejection events. Going to the Moon is not the same thing
    as taking 6+ month trips to Mars, etc.

    Time to leave the 1960s. Go full bore nuclear and design proper, magnetically shielded capsules. The "too expensive" BS is getting
    tiresome. In fact, it is crypto corruption since ludicrously high prices are charged for obsolete junk tech (whether it is freshly made
    or not does not matter).
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 1555
    Points : 1557
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  Big_Gazza on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:31 am

    kvs wrote:Deep space flights in a tin can?  They need to look up Solar coronal mass ejection events.    Going to the Moon is not the same thing
    as taking 6+ month trips to Mars, etc.  

    Time to leave the 1960s.   Go full bore nuclear and design proper, magnetically shielded capsules.    The "too expensive" BS is getting
    tiresome.   In fact, it is crypto corruption since ludicrously high prices are charged for obsolete junk tech (whether it is freshly made
    or not does not matter).  

    Anything beyond LEO is considered "Deep Space". Once lunar expeditions become (sort of) commonplace, they will re-define it to mean solar orbit such as asteroid missions.

    Agree 100% about CMEs. If one had occurred (and was aimed at Earth) during Apollo missions then NASA would have 3 dead astronauts.

    Methinks that the Ruskies are planning on nuclear-powered manned Mars missions, given the recent news about tests of nuclear VASIMR engines and droplet cooling systems. Nuke reactor can provide the power to drive magnetic screens to deflect solar wind (both latent and CME enhanced).

    I still laugh at Muskian groupie idiots talk about Red Dragon to Mars. 9 months flight time in a small aluminium can with zero radiation protection.... Never mind trying to stay alive on the remote chance you land safely... so fecking laughable Very Happy
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13321
    Points : 13808
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  George1 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:33 am

    New system to navigate Russia’s promising spacecraft from Earth and Moon


    The new navigation system may also be useful in military satellites, if the GPS system is switched off, the researcher said


    MOSCOW, March 1. /TASS/. Russia’s promising Federatsiya spacecraft will be furnished with an extra navigation camera to steer it both by stars and orienteering points on the Earth and the Moon, Head of Optico-Physical Studies at the Space Research Institute Roman Bessonov told TASS on Friday.

    The so-called astro-orienteering systems are traditionally mounted on satellites: optical devices steer them by the Sun and stars. The new system features optical channels that will also specify the satellites’ position by terrain features on the Earth and the Moon.

    "In addition to two stellar channels, two more channels look at the Earth or the Moon, i.e. at the planets. One of them is wide-angled and highlights the horizon and large-scale objects: continents on the Earth or large craters on the Moon. A narrower channel allows singling out smaller orienteering points through larger resolution," the researcher noted.

    The system’s work may be impeded by the Earth’s clouds or the night time when orienteering points cannot be seen, he added.

    "But in any case, the result will be obtained by processing single measurements on the ballistic trajectory," Bessonov said.

    As the researcher noted, the new system will serve as the basis for defining orienteering angles for the Federatsiya spacecraft in outer space and as reserve technology for determining coordinates (i.e. it will supplement the operation of GPS/Glonass systems or radio range ground stations).

    The new navigation system may be useful in military satellites, if the GPS system is switched off, the researcher added.

    A contract on continuing the work on the system was offered by Russia’s Energia Space Rocket Corporation quite recently, in late 2018, the researcher said.

    Earlier, the project was halted at the stage of developing the working design documentation due to irregular financing, although technical design work was fulfilled 5-6 years ago, he noted.
    Federatsiya spacecraft

    The Federatsiya spacecraft is being developed by the Energia Space Rocket Corporation. The spacecraft is designed to deliver humans and cargoes both into near-Earth orbit and into deep space. The spacecraft will have a crew of up to 4 cosmonauts. It will be capable of operating in the mode of an autonomous flight for up to 30 days and for a term of a year as part of an orbital station.

    Head of Russia’s State Space Corporation Roscosmos Dmitry Rogozin said in January that the promising Federatsiya spacecraft will get a new name in the future.


    More:
    http://tass.com/science/1047086
    Nibiru
    Nibiru

    Posts : 200
    Points : 202
    Join date : 2018-05-22

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  Nibiru on Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:16 am

    Instead of a NEW name, perhaps they should focus instead in accelerating the completion date of this project.



    New name for Russia’s new-generation Federatsiya spacecraft already chosen - Roscosmos

    BAIKONUR /Kazakhstan/, March 15. /TASS/. A new name has been invented for Russia’s new-generation spacecraft, currently known as Federatsiya (Federation), the director general of Russia’s state corporation Roscosmos, Dmitry Rogozin, told reporters on Friday.

    "We have invented [a new name]," Rogozin said, without disclosing it.
    Earlier, Rogozin announced that the corporation would give a "male name" to its new-generation partially-reusable manned spacecraft.

    The Federatsiya spacecraft is being developed by the Energia Space Rocket Corporation. The spacecraft is designed to deliver humans and cargoes both into a near-Earth orbit and into deep space. The spacecraft will have a crew of up to 4 persons. It will be capable of operating in the mode of an autonomous flight for up to 30 days and for a term of a year as part of an orbital station.

    As the Energia press office reported, the corporation has issued the main volume of working design documentation for holding autonomous and comprehensive trials. Energia has also launched work to make the mockups of the spacecraft’s compartments, including their structural design and onboard systems. The promising transport spacecraft is scheduled to enter flight trials in 2023.


    http://tass.com/science/1048749
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3482
    Points : 3566
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  flamming_python on Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:13 pm

    Nibiru wrote:Instead of a NEW name, perhaps they should focus instead in accelerating the completion date of this project.



    New name for Russia’s new-generation Federatsiya spacecraft already chosen - Roscosmos

    BAIKONUR /Kazakhstan/, March 15. /TASS/. A new name has been invented for Russia’s new-generation spacecraft, currently known as Federatsiya (Federation), the director general of Russia’s state corporation Roscosmos, Dmitry Rogozin, told reporters on Friday.

    "We have invented [a new name]," Rogozin said, without disclosing it.
    Earlier, Rogozin announced that the corporation would give a "male name" to its new-generation partially-reusable manned spacecraft.

    The Federatsiya spacecraft is being developed by the Energia Space Rocket Corporation. The spacecraft is designed to deliver humans and cargoes both into a near-Earth orbit and into deep space. The spacecraft will have a crew of up to 4 persons. It will be capable of operating in the mode of an autonomous flight for up to 30 days and for a term of a year as part of an orbital station.

    As the Energia press office reported, the corporation has issued the main volume of working design documentation for holding autonomous and comprehensive trials. Energia has also launched work to make the mockups of the spacecraft’s compartments, including their structural design and onboard systems. The promising transport spacecraft is scheduled to enter flight trials in 2023.


    http://tass.com/science/1048749
    Well it seems they're going to need a new team.
    So why not a new name too? cheers cheers
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3482
    Points : 3566
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  flamming_python on Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:15 pm

    kvs wrote:
    Time to leave the 1960s.   Go full bore nuclear and design proper, magnetically shielded capsules.    The "too expensive" BS is getting
    tiresome.   In fact, it is crypto corruption since ludicrously high prices are charged for obsolete junk tech (whether it is freshly made
    or not does not matter).  

    That's really not true.

    They iterate on the Soyuz design; each new modification brings improvements

    A T-90AM is not the same as a T-72 Ural
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 4382
    Points : 4497
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  kvs on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Time to leave the 1960s.   Go full bore nuclear and design proper, magnetically shielded capsules.    The "too expensive" BS is getting
    tiresome.   In fact, it is crypto corruption since ludicrously high prices are charged for obsolete junk tech (whether it is freshly made
    or not does not matter).  

    That's really not true.

    They iterate on the Soyuz design; each new modification brings improvements

    A T-90AM is not the same as a T-72 Ural

    Your grip on substantial differences is lacking. The range-energy relation for MeV electrons has 15 cm of aluminum being essentially
    transparent to them. Please show me evidence where the thickness of the crew modules from the 1960s until today having increased
    changed substantially from 1/4 inches. Plastic counts for nothing. No crew module uses lead.

    Until magnetic shielding is deployed don't claim that there has been reactive armour type deltas in technology. Seriously, can
    you even post anything relevant to the topic and honest?

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21096
    Points : 21644
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  GarryB on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 am

    I haven't seen them mention a lot of things that they might actually be working on... why do you assume they are not?

    I would expect one other advantage of nuclear propulsion would be the reliable supply of significant levels of electricity, which I suspect would be critical and fundamental in the process of looking at magnetic shielding for anything an extension cord would not reliably reach 24/7.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3482
    Points : 3566
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  flamming_python on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:50 am

    kvs wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Time to leave the 1960s.   Go full bore nuclear and design proper, magnetically shielded capsules.    The "too expensive" BS is getting
    tiresome.   In fact, it is crypto corruption since ludicrously high prices are charged for obsolete junk tech (whether it is freshly made
    or not does not matter).  

    That's really not true.

    They iterate on the Soyuz design; each new modification brings improvements

    A T-90AM is not the same as a T-72 Ural

    Your grip on substantial differences is lacking.    The range-energy relation for MeV electrons has 15 cm of aluminum being essentially
    transparent to them.   Please show me evidence where the thickness of the crew modules from the 1960s until today having increased
    changed substantially from 1/4 inches.   Plastic counts for nothing.   No crew module uses lead.

    Until magnetic shielding is deployed don't claim that there has been reactive armour type deltas in technology.    Seriously, can
    you even post anything relevant to the topic and honest?


    I meant the rocket eh bud?

    But now I see you were talking about the capsule. My bad.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8092
    Points : 8178
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:25 pm


    As always Zak demonstrates total dominance over Roskosmos when it comes to basic advertising, shameful display:

    Russia begins cutting metal for Soyuz replacement

    http://www.russianspaceweb.com/protected/ptk-2019.html#0424

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Components_exploded_1



    avatar
    Gazputin

    Posts : 77
    Points : 77
    Join date : 2019-04-07

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Soyuz-5

    Post  Gazputin on Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:49 am

    sure but Federatsiya being wider … only fits on the Soyuz-5 …. which is a fat Zenit (it could fit the Angara too )

    and Soyuz-5 will launch from Baikonur because it is too fat to fit through the railway tunnel to Vostochny
    but Angara does fit through the tunnel … so they had 2 choices

    so they gave up on the Angara man-rated version with Federatsiya ….
    so they could make the Angara cheaper to be a freight truck and not be "man-rated"
    to compete with Musk .... Angara-light

    so the Baikonur launched Soyuz-5 is "man-rated" …. and thus more expensive … to fly with the Federatsiya

    but they also need a cheaper "non-man rated" version of Soyuz-5 for "S7" …. preferably with methane
    as its easier to re-use …. a Soyuz-5 "light" = "non-man-rated"
    to also compete with Musk ….. from Baikonur and Sea Launch … let's call it Soyuz-7 ! S7 … nice name

    yep … a tunnel pretty much dictated the Roscosmos "strategy" …
    that and aborted launch cosmonauts from Vostochny landing in the Ohkotsk Sea … or in a volcano in Kamchatka

    I just did all Zac's "breaking news" ….











    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21096
    Points : 21644
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  GarryB on Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:59 am


    USA has no man rated rocket ATM because they chose not to have it when they retired shuttle not because they can't have one

    Sorry... just noticed this comment... are you joking or drunk?

    There were no long term plans to retire the shuttle up until the second one blew up, it was never their choice to not have a man rated rocket... they thought they had more time to copy the Russian rockets and make their "own" rocket to replace them.

    NASA and the US government would never choose to have to rely on their Russian partners to get to and from the ISS... never in a million years... it is like the Russians and Ukrainian diesel engines they had no choice but to rely on them because replacements are not quick and cheap and easy... we are not talking about things everyone makes and makes well.

    yep … a tunnel pretty much dictated the Roscosmos "strategy" …

    Aircraft alternative transport routes for rockets should make their options expand.

    Also if they can build a bridge to the Crimea they could build a new tunnel to replace the existing tunnel that is 10m wide or bigger if it is only 15 km long...

    Once the new tunnel is completed they could use both tunnels because rail transport from Asia to the EU and back is going to increase soon anyway, plus being able to move much larger items by train to the far east and back would benefit their military too.
    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 2146
    Points : 2144
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 43
    Location : Merkelland

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  Hole on Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 pm

    ESA uses ships to bring there rockets to south america. Russia could do the same (to bring them to the far east).

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 001013
    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 001119
    avatar
    Gazputin

    Posts : 77
    Points : 77
    Join date : 2019-04-07

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty options

    Post  Gazputin on Tue May 21, 2019 8:30 am

    only a fool would have one option … for your launch vehicles (85% of your launch system)

    the tunnel … version 1 took 20+ years as they hit a lake inside the mountain …
    a new tunnel at 10yrs …. read Wiki
    for all you armchair experts … learn to read

    it is well documented that Soyuz-2 and Angara URM-1s fit through the tunnel
    and it was a major influence on the Soyuz-5 (fat Zenit) going to Baikonur …

    and it is also well documented that the new human rated capsule Federatsiya …. fits on top of a Soyuz-5 best
    and that is why they have built an Angara "light" non-human rated
    as they can launch humans from Vostochny in the Soyuz-2 …..

    the Soyuz-2 for Vostochny has been "reinforced" to survive the long rail trip to the East … documented
    so it is more expensive

    wikipedia …. Severomuyski Tunnel
    try reading …

    but you guys just can't seem to see the wider issue
    Vostochny … is a part of the development of the very much wider East strategy ….

    Vostochny …. means East







    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 21096
    Points : 21644
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  GarryB on Tue May 21, 2019 2:43 pm

    I wouldn't trust wiki as far as I could throw it... it is handy because there is a lot of information there, but I wouldn't place any real trust in it because it is controlled by russophobes...

    Tunneling technology has moved on... they have even talked about a new tunnel/bridge combination to Sakhalin Island which is rather more than 15km and would require serious tunnelling equipment...

    I have seen some pretty impressive drills that are basically robotic and send back the spoil on a train directly behind the drill itself and it pretty much runs on its own unmanned inside the tunnel it builds itself... behind it is a machine for putting in supports to create the tunnel in the hole the machine in front is boring...

    Would be an excellent test case for a new tunnel in Russia.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 4382
    Points : 4497
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  kvs on Tue May 21, 2019 3:20 pm

    Ship transport is a no-brainer. There is no need for rapid delivery since the launch rate is very low even at the best of times.
    Shipping rocket components is easy and they can be basically any size. The whole "tunnel crisis" is the result of propaganda being
    spread by the likes of Anatoly Zak of russianspaceweb.com. All this anti-Russian drone goes on about is the restrictions imposed
    by railway transport through tunnels on Russian rockets. No other transport option, via air or sea, is discussed. This is how
    hysterical "sky is falling" perceptions of Russia are created. Repeat BS over and over, Goebbels style.


    Sponsored content

    New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: New-Generation 'Federation' Spacecraft

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:08 pm