Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: VVS Russian Air Force: News #1

Post  GarryB on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:58 am

Which is odd really because that could just as easily be Skate from MiG...

The lack of afterburner however suggests perhaps much longer wings with a subsonic flight design.

I hope they are working on optimised weapons for these aircraft... I would suspect a KAB-50 would be ideal from high altitude using laser homing, perhaps combined with satellite navigation to give very high accuracy. Very high accuracy would mean the combined high kinetic energy with a fairly decent HE capacity of 50kgs of HE should make it a very effective weapon able to destroy a vehicle without destroying the whole block. Equally it is a fairly small compact weapon that should be able to be carried in large numbers.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:41 pm

I think the Mig UCAV design of 5 T is Skat on Lite Diet.

It is half the weight of Skat UCAV and carries half the weapon load and they mentioned in the article that they will take inputs from Skat.

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:48 pm

Austin wrote:I think the Mig UCAV design of 5 T is Skat on Lite Diet.

It is half the weight of Skat UCAV and carries half the weapon load and they mentioned in the article that they will take inputs from Skat.

I still don't understand why they cancelled the original Skat UCAV, I mean they gave T-50 PAK-FA program to Sukhoi, then they gave Sukhoi the UCAV contract, it's like they want Sukhoi to be overloaded with work and have Mig struggle to get funds...I know the Mig-35 is being funded but showing so much favoritism towards one design studio/bureau (Sukhoi) can't be healthy.

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

http://russianplanes.net/id140153
    http://russianplanes.net/id140157
    http://russianplanes.net/id140157

The new camo for the attack helos. Don't like the Mi-35 one. The Mi-28 actually looks nice.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:46 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Austin wrote:I think the Mig UCAV design of 5 T is Skat on Lite Diet.

I still don't understand why they cancelled the original Skat UCAV, I mean they gave T-50 PAK-FA program to Sukhoi, then they gave Sukhoi the UCAV contract, it's like they want Sukhoi to be overloaded with work and have Mig struggle to get funds...I know the Mig-35 is being funded but showing so much favoritism towards one design studio/bureau (Sukhoi) can't be healthy.

Skat was like a internal project of Mig and it was hastily shown as mockup to get some attention and funding from Government it may have got the first but not the latter.

Now the 4 new UAV/UCAV project seems to be funded by MOD , So there is a good chance it will see the light of the day as long as SAP 2020 remains funded as promised.

Austin
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Austin on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:59 am

Inokhodets looks very similar to US Predator MQ-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MQ-1_Predator

Altius-M specs is broadly similar to MQ-9 Reaper although the payload is lower compared to MQ-9 and Range is longer , Seems they have traded the 5T UAV for higher persistance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MQ-9_Reaper

Gonshchik UCAV is Mig Skat on Lite Diet , Half the take off weight of Skat and Half the Payload capability and perhaps half the range 

Okhotnik will be a large UCAV should have atleast payload of 4 T and large persistance and perhaps equally Stealthy

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Something new is coming our way  Very Happy  thumbsup 

SERIAL PRODUCTION OF MODERNIZED MI-28N HELICOPTERS PREPARING TO RUSSIA

mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  mack8 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Renovation of Krymsk airfield complete, first group of Su-27SM3 and Su-30M2 already redeployed. New to me is M2 bort 50. Also the two recently upgraded Su-27P to SM3 standard (63, 64) are also part of the Krymsk unit.

http://www.rg.ru/2014/07/04/reg-ufo/aerodrom.html

There are some nicer pics here, but for the life of me can't find them! Can anyone help? (link from mycitymilitary, but can't embed pics from there)
    http://www.yuga.ru/news/336452/

Viktor
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Viktor on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:31 am

New Tu-214ON  thumbsup 

Second Tu-214ON was handed the Russian Air Force

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:51 am

Viktor wrote:New Tu-214ON  thumbsup 

Second Tu-214ON was handed the Russian Air Force

this type is for open skies project between countries

mack8
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post  mack8 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:27 pm

Short report from Krymsk:

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

VVS Russian Air Force: News #1

Post  George1 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Russian Ministry of Defense completed the acceptance of the third An-148 aircraft
    Russian Aviaton » Tuesday July 8, 2014 18:05 MSK

The acceptance of the third An-148 aircraft assembled by Voronezh Aircraft Production Association (VASO) under a contract with Russian Ministry of Defense has been completed by the ministry, IA REGNUM, reports with reference to the enterprise’s press-service.

According to the source, the enterprise completed the state testing of this liner in April.

A total of 15 An-148-100E short-haul aircraft will be delivered to Russian Ministry of Defense by VASO during 2013-2017 period. The first jet of the type was inspected by Russian Minister of Defense, Sergey Shoygu, on November 8th 2013.

Last edited by George1 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:54 pm

"Teal" will go into production in 2016

DIC CEO Alexander Yakunin told about plans to launch series production of the first Russian drone

Drone hovercraft called "Teal" developed by Rosteh, 2016 will be released into production. This was told by the director general of the instrument-making corporation Alexander Yakunin.

"This type of device is designed to operate in harsh environments: in regions where there are no runways. Machine will allow to solve this problem in a wide area of ​​our great country - said Alexander Yakunin - Project we lift on the wing in 2015 and will offer customers both the civilian and military market. I think it will cause a lot of interest in the fuel and energy sector, the Ministry of Defense. We plan to put full-size sample at MAKS-2015. In a series of "Teal" will be released in 2016. "

He noted that the drone model, presented at the exhibition was made specifically for the test in the wind tunnel on a scale of 1 to 5. Takeoff weight of the real device will be about 700 pounds.

In 2015, the "United instrument-corporation" plans to release a full-length version of the UAV hovercraft. It will be presented during the Aviation and Space Salon MAKS.

JSC "United instrument-corporation"  (JSC "UIC") - Russian state-owned corporation, established in 2014 as part of the State Corporation Rosteh to organize high-tech production of competitive products in the field of technology and communications systems, automated control systems, electronic security and robotic systems for the Armed Russian forces and other special units, as well as competitive products for civilian and dual-use. Unites 55 enterprises and research institutions of electronic industry in Russia.

http://rostec.ru/news/4513930

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:53 pm

For the people wondering about the situation of Ukrainian helicopter engine dependency for Russia, according to Andrei Shibitov they should be able to completely replace the dependency within 1.5 years, Klimov representative said the design bureau will manufacture 300-320 annually, including 250 for the Russian military.:

http://itar-tass.com/politika/1159308

TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TheArmenian on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:23 am

Austin wrote:I was expecting Verba would intercept a Mach 2-2.5 speed target.

The Verba's maximum ceiling is somewhere around 4000m.

I doubt there are targets (jets and cruise missiles) that can fly at Mach 2 below 4000m. These twice the speed of sound velocities that modern fighter jets can achieve are done at high altitude where the air is thinner.

TR1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TR1 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:17 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:For the people wondering about the situation of Ukrainian helicopter engine dependency for Russia, according to Andrei Shibitov they should be able to completely replace the dependency within 1.5 years, Klimov representative said the design bureau will manufacture 300-320 annually, including 250 for the Russian military.:

http://itar-tass.com/politika/1159308

Fairy tales. The VK-2500 production timeselip should let you know all you need about the potential to completely replace Motor-Sich helicopter engines in that timeframe.

Plus, most customers are buying the TV3-117. They don't want the Vk-2500 on all of the platforms it can potential go on for cost reasons. Klimov production will cost more, let alone using VK-2500 for all their products.

-------

http://www.russiadefence.net/viewtopic.forum?t=5380

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:06 pm

Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:06 pm